PDA

View Full Version : Converting Monsters to 1e AD&D?

Cyanidesoul
2009-12-28, 05:28 PM
Hi folks! Recently I've rediscovered the joy of 1E AD&D. I don't know if anyone here plays it, as I don't see many threads about it, but I was wondering if someone would be willing to help me convert some of the monsters from the 3 Tome of Horrors volumes to 1E (seeing as they all possess an "old school feel") or some of the "new" monsters that appear in 3.5?

Debihuman
2009-12-28, 06:00 PM
Well, the monsters from the 1st Tome of Horrors were all originally AD&D monsters, so you should be able to find them. Most of them should be from the original Fiend Folio.

Debby

Cyanidesoul
2009-12-28, 06:08 PM
Well, the monsters from the 1st Tome of Horrors were all originally AD&D monsters, so you should be able to find them. Most of them should be from the original Fiend Folio.

Debby

Thanks Debby. I have the 1st edition fiend folio and the early Monster Manuals. But so far I've been using Hackmaster 4th Edition's Hacklopedias of Beasts. Great books to use for critters. What I meant was the newer monsters that appear in the subsequent Tome of Horrors 2, and 3. And some of the ones that appear in the 3rd edition printings of the Monster Manual, such as the Krenshar and Darkmantle.