PDA

View Full Version : Strange charisma based monk build, version 2.0

Soranar
2009-12-29, 07:33 AM
Alright, this is still a monk build but for it to work I need Ascetic Mage (caster level 2) and Dragon Disciple (to get natural weapon)

race: Human
alignment: Lawful Good

vow of poverty is really important for a couple of reasons: only way to make unarmed ''weapons'' get damage enhancements and become good aligned without wasting feats

point of the build : get claws/bite from Dragon disciple and multiattack/flurry to get the most of out them
with beast weapons you get 2d8+1d6

BAB 16 with Greater flurry/Improved Multiattack
16/16/16/16/16/11/6/1

should I go for full Dragon Disciple to get the rest of the bonuses?

a flying monk sounds nice, blind sense too

nevermind the other bonuses but since str gets halved with secondary attacks I'm not sure if it's worth it

feel free to add ideas and keep in mind I have 2 casters (both cleric and wiz) to buff me so being poor ain't that bad

STATS (32 pts buy)
start end
STR 14 18
DEX 16 16
CON 14 14
INT 8 8
WIS 8 8
CHA 16 21

feats exalted feats
1 Holy Monk sacred vow, vow of poverty nymph's kiss
2 Battle Sorcerer resounding blow
3 Battle Sorcerer power attack
4 Battle Sorcerer nimbus of light
5 Battle Sorcerer
6 Dragon Disciple Ascetic Mage holy radiance
7 Dragon Disciple
8 Dragon Disciple sanctify natural attack
9 Dragon Disciple multiattack
10 Holy Monk offensive metered foot touch of golden ice
11 Holy Monk
12 Holy Monk improved multiattack Quell the profane
13 Holy Monk
14 Holy Monk vow of chastity
15 Holy Monk beast strike
16 Holy Monk vow of abstinence
17 Holy Monk
18 Holy Monk divine might hands of a healer
19 Holy Monk
20 Holy Monk servant of the heavens

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-29, 07:35 AM
Where do you want this to go?

Soranar
2009-12-29, 07:37 AM
well if you can increase something (attacks, total damage, AC) without losing more than you're getting that would be nice

maybe a prestige class I haven't considered

Jack_Simth
2009-12-29, 07:45 AM
well if you can increase something (attacks, total damage, AC) without losing more than you're getting that would be nice

maybe a prestige class I haven't considered

Umm... hate to break it to you, but Ascetic Mage requires second level spontaneous spells, not caster level 2 - which means you need four levels of Sorcerer (or equivalent) to make it work.

Soranar
2009-12-29, 09:07 AM
battle sorcerer can cast level 2 after 4 levels

Pluto
2009-12-29, 05:02 PM
point of the build : get claws/bite from Dragon disciple and multiattack/flurry to get the most of out them
Sorry to point this out, but:

When using flurry of blows, a monk may attack only with unarmed strikes or with special monk weapons (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham).

Kallisti
2009-12-29, 05:06 PM
Natural weapons can count as unarmed attacks, I think. I'm not sure, though.

However, you might have to use your unarmed strike damage, which would entirely defeat the point.

As I said, not sure about this, so don't hold me to it.

Soranar
2009-12-29, 06:29 PM
actually, the feat beast strike make you able to add your claw damage to your unarmed attack damage

Beast Strike
[General, Fighter]
(DR355 p76)
Improved Unarmed Strike
Base Attack Bonus +5
Claw or Slam attack
When making an Unarmed Strike or Grapple check to deal damage, add your Claw or Slam damage.

Zom B
2009-12-29, 09:46 PM
Okay, where is this Holy Monk from? I thought you were talking about a UA variant class but I just checked and can't find it. Plus "holy monk" just googles up a bunch of stuff about real holy monks and a holy monk class for Diablo III.

Wait, it's probably BOED.

Soranar
2009-12-30, 08:11 AM
holy monk is a monk variant listed online

you can find it here: http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php

Telonius
2009-12-30, 09:34 AM
Charisma-based Monk build, huh? I suppose you could swap out one level of (something) for a level of Sohei (Oriental Adventures) to get Iajutsu Focus as a class skill. Iajutsu Focus doesn't say anything about the weapon drawn having to actually be the thing you attack with, so it wouldn't interfere with any of your unarmed attacks.