PDA

View Full Version : if you were a type of fruit what would you be and why

MR.PIXIE
2009-12-29, 01:46 PM
me, i would be a grapefruit.
because am a little bitter but also sweet:smallbiggrin:

valadil
2009-12-29, 01:49 PM
A friend of mine got asked this question by no less than 5 interviewers the last time he was job hunting. Each one said "sorry, we already have enough NAME_OF_FRUITs here. You should leave."

Starscream
2009-12-29, 01:57 PM
Each one said "sorry, we already have enough NAME_OF_FRUITs here. You should leave."

That's why you need to pick something exotic and weird. The interviewers will probably have never heard of it, so you can ascribe what ever traits you want.

Incidentally, I'm feel that I am perfect for writing this post because if I were a fruit I would be a Rambutan. As I'm sure you are well aware, Rambutans are known for their excellent post writing qualities.

MR.PIXIE
2009-12-29, 02:02 PM
ill keep that in mind next time i jo gob hunting

THAC0
2009-12-29, 02:30 PM
Pomegranate! I'm very complicated and difficult to get into, and you either like me or hate me.

The Vorpal Tribble
2009-12-29, 02:36 PM
My simple response: A snozzberry.

"What's a snozzberry?"

"Whatever I want it to be."

Do I get the job? Heck yeah.

taltamir
2009-12-29, 02:42 PM
is this for a job interview?
wow... I really have no idea how to answer such a question if asked in a job interview... I mean... I am not a fruit at all.

potatocubed
2009-12-29, 02:42 PM
Coconut. Difficult to get into but usually worth the effort. Plus not actually a fruit.

golentan
2009-12-29, 02:44 PM
I'd be a lemon: I'm tough on the outside and sour on the inside, but I go with anything and can really help complement the rest of any group of fruits. Plus I can stand on my own if I try to be sweet and light, but it takes a lot of work.

Tavar
2009-12-29, 02:47 PM
Dragon Fruit. Come on, I'm a freaking dragon. What more could you want?

In all seriousness, I'd probably go with Coconut or lemon as well. Of course, I also might just laugh. I mean, really? I've never much seen the point of these kind of questions.

arguskos
2009-12-29, 02:47 PM
Huh. Were I a fruit, what fruit would I be, you ask? Imma go with cherry. Tasty, good with ice cream (:smallwink:), goes with everything, but can occasionally be sour.

Thatguyoverther
2009-12-29, 02:53 PM
I think i'd be an orange. Thick skin and full of pulp. Also I generally smell nice.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-29, 03:48 PM
I think I'd wonder why the interviewer was asking this question.

that said I'm a superdoofuncle berry. (if this is an actual fruit I take that back)

Eldan
2009-12-29, 03:54 PM
Passion Fruit! Because I'm so Passionate!

Okay, I can't say that with a straight face. :smalltongue:

Hmmm. I have no idea, actually.

Trobby
2009-12-29, 03:57 PM
Well I would try not to be too overt about it. I don't feel like I should force my lifestyle on anyone. But I wouldn't try to hide who I am, especially from my family and-

...Oh.

Oh, THAT type of fruit? Um...apple. Simple yet versatile.

Pika...
2009-12-29, 04:07 PM
White chocolate.

...What? As far as I am concerned chocolate is a fruit, vegetable, one of the five elements, and anything else I want it to be.

KuReshtin
2009-12-29, 04:25 PM
I'd be a Kumquat, mainly cause it's got a funny name.

Player_Zero
2009-12-29, 04:26 PM
Yomi Yomi no Mi.

Yo hohohoho.

Neko Toast
2009-12-29, 04:36 PM
I want to say that I'm a pear. I'm a bit easy to bruise, and I have a few seeds to get around, but altogether I'm fairly enjoyable.

Lioness
2009-12-29, 04:56 PM
I'm a seedless watermelon. I'm sweet on the inside, have a tough outer skin. But if you drop me from a great height, I will smash to pieces. And you don't have to spit out the bad evil seeds, because there aren't any.

arguskos
2009-12-29, 04:56 PM
I'm amazed we've made it this far without any banana jokes. :smallamused:

SDF
2009-12-29, 05:03 PM
Well being a banana just peels right.

I'd be a fruit bat. I help distribute seeds and pollinate other species to strengthen the environment I live in! :smallbiggrin:

Pika...
2009-12-29, 05:03 PM

You don't know how hard it was to resist. :smallbiggrin:

That, and think of a clean one...

Player_Zero
2009-12-29, 05:05 PM

Oh, right. I'd be a banana, because penis.

I think that sorts that one out.

arguskos
2009-12-29, 05:12 PM
Oh, right. I'd be a banana, because penis.

I think that sorts that one out.
Bravo sirrah, your wit is truly without peer. That hurt to write.

Thatguyoverther
2009-12-29, 05:23 PM

What? You don't find banana jokes a-peeling?:smallwink:

Oh, god what have I done?!

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-29, 05:36 PM
An orange, because I rhyme with nothing.

I don't feel like finding the relevant Roland quote about discussing bananas publicly.

Vella_Malachite
2009-12-29, 06:10 PM
Banana puns aside, I'd probably be...a pineapple. I act prickly on the outside, but the inside's soft-ish and sweet. Also, it has a hard, strong, durably woody centre to hold it together.

Darn it, now I'm hungry for pineapple! :smallannoyed:

Trobby
2009-12-29, 06:33 PM
Yomi Yomi no Mi.

Yo hohohoho.

Which reminds me. I'd be a Devil Fruit. Probably one that gives you the power of um...the internet? o.o

Manicotti
2009-12-29, 07:35 PM
Banana puns aside, I'd probably be...a pineapple. I act prickly on the outside, but the inside's soft-ish and sweet. Also, it has a hard, strong, durably woody centre to hold it together.

Darn it, now I'm hungry for pineapple! :smallannoyed:

YOU TOOK MINE.:annoyed::wink:

I'll go with pumpkin, then. The last one that anyone suspects of being a fruit.

Inhuman Bot
2009-12-29, 08:47 PM

Dude, we're not allowed to talk about Bannnas here. Good work. :smallannoyed:

I don't feel like finding the relevant Roland quote about discussing bananas publicly.

EDIT: I read every post up to yours. :smallfrown:

Misery Esquire
2009-12-29, 10:46 PM
Myself, I would be an onion, far more likely to make you cry than smile without being cooked, and even then, I must be served as a spice, except for those of odd tastes. ...You mean to say that an onion is not a fruit? Well.

I suppose a replacement would be the apple, a colourful skin, a hard core, and have the seeds of poison within. 'tis good to be me, certainly.

Jack Squat
2009-12-29, 10:52 PM
I'd be a miracle fruit - because I'm just that awesome :smallcool:

Anuan
2009-12-29, 11:03 PM
Probably a pear. Cause you have to catch me at exactly the right moment or I'm inedible unpleasant. Either tough and impossible to get through pleasantly, or bitter and gross.

Trog
2009-12-30, 02:19 AM
I am the fruit of Laurelin for I shall light the lives of those who dwell in my own far green country until the day shall come when I shall be the last and will then light the world, last spawn of Culúrien.

Lioness
2009-12-30, 03:17 AM
Probably a pear. Cause you have to catch me at exactly the right moment or I'm inedible unpleasant. Either tough and impossible to get through pleasantly, or bitter and gross.

Pears are a strange sort of fruit. They're a love 'em or hate 'em sort of thing.

Darius Midnite
2009-12-30, 07:10 AM
I would probably be a Macrozamia fruit. Beautiful, yet vile and poisonous. :smalltongue:

MR.PIXIE
2009-12-30, 12:20 PM
hows about a "melons" joke:smallamused:

Moff Chumley
2009-12-30, 01:53 PM
I want to say that I'm a pear. I'm a bit easy to bruise, and I have a few seeds to get around, but altogether I'm fairly enjoyable.

Oh really? *scribbles in notebook*
Do tell more.

Oh, you thought it was over, did you? MWAHAHAHAHA!

Tyndmyr
2009-12-30, 07:15 PM
A friend of mine got asked this question by no less than 5 interviewers the last time he was job hunting. Each one said "sorry, we already have enough NAME_OF_FRUITs here. You should leave."

Seriously? I'd look at them blankly and say something random and amusing. Well, amusing to me, at least. Mentally, I'd be considering the next interview on the list.

Avoid companies that interview you based on non-job related random questions like this. At best, this sort of question should be something light hearted and not at all serious. Look for a place that'll be up-front about their requirements. It'll make your job much more pleasant.

MR.PIXIE
2009-12-31, 02:03 PM
banana:smallbiggrin:

Piggyebil
2009-12-31, 06:45 PM
I'd be a pineapple. A little sour but a rare treat nonetheless.

KilltheToy
2009-12-31, 10:10 PM
I'd be a Clementine, because I consume them at a rate that must be seen to be believed. They're one of my anti-drugs.

celticbushido
2010-01-01, 01:51 PM
Kiwi. Cause they're small furry and ugly, but delicious. The first time I ever saw a kiwi, I thought it would be awful, but I tried it, and loved it. One of the biggest lessons in life is to never judge a book by the cover, on in this case the fruit by the furry skin.

Perenelle
2010-01-01, 09:41 PM
probably a Kiwi. kind of cute and innocent on the outside, but unique and interesting on the inside with a bit of a tangy-zing to it. :smalltongue:

Orzel
2010-01-01, 09:47 PM
Orange. Their aren't words to describe my love for them. Plus my head is squisy like one.

Krade
2010-01-02, 02:07 AM
Buddha Hand:smallcool:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d6/Buddhahand.jpg/240px-Buddhahand.jpg
The pic explains it all:smallwink:

Lioness
2010-01-02, 02:23 AM
It's a Cthulhu fruit