PDA

View Full Version : Prewritten Campaigns for 3.5

ChakraChanter
2009-12-29, 06:57 PM
Are there any good ones? And how high do the PCs level to?

Xzeno
2009-12-29, 07:05 PM
The Shackled City is pretty nice. Goes all the way to level twenty. It's a little too easy, but it's very detailed and the plot... sucks like a black hole, but it works.

ChakraChanter
2009-12-29, 07:13 PM
The Shackled City is pretty nice. Goes all the way to level twenty. It's a little too easy, but it's very detailed and the plot... sucks like a black hole, but it works.

Why does it suck? Or at least in the context you mean. Futrthermore, how it easy?

Eldariel
2009-12-29, 07:14 PM
Bastion of the Broken Souls is a nice 18+ adventure (3.0 though; requires some rewriting). Red Hand of Doom is an excellent adventure from ~5-10. Expedition to Castle Ravenloft is a fine adventure from ~6-10. Expedition to the Demonweb Pits isn't horrible though I personally find it needs heavy rewriting for an optimal experience. It's 9 to 12.

Then there's of course stuff like World's Largest Dungeon that goes from 1 to 20, but that's a bit different as it's just basically a crazy dungeon run instead of an actual adventure. Also, I've heard good things about Age of Worms though I haven't actually played it through. There was a Campaign Journal here about it, but it died.

Xzeno
2009-12-29, 10:03 PM
Let me rephrase that: Sucks by my artificially high standards. I generally enjoy the plot because it's so standard. I hated a few elements (the whole backstory with the demon prince and the paladin guy... lame) but I suppose it doesn't suck so much as it just isn't good. The plot is unoriginal and straightforward, but it does its job and is genuinely enjoyable.

It's too easy because our group knocks out encounters - even bosses - in a round or two with no trouble. We're core only non-optimizers (we have a single class monk and paladin, quod erat demonstrandum). Granted we do have five people and the DM doesn't change the encounters for our party's strengths and weaknesses. In that department, you should be fine if the campaign is tweaked to suit the party.

AslanCross
2009-12-29, 10:14 PM
Red Hand of Doom is great. It has an engaging plot and takes the party outside of the typical dungeon delve setting. It may need some tweaking (I'm running it heavily tweaked), but even out of the box I've seen it prove to be quite a challenge to some parties.
It runs from levels 5-11 (a typo on the cover says otherwise). Mine might get up to 12 at the rate we're going.

See my sig for the campaign journal.

Eldariel
2009-12-29, 10:29 PM
See my sig for the campaign journal.

Even if you aren't gonna run it, do that anyways. Trust me, you'll love it.

Darius Rae
2009-12-30, 12:12 AM
Last summer I played the first book of The Drow War Campaign. The entire campaign takes you from level 1-30 (3 books total)

Powerfamiliar
2009-12-30, 12:22 AM
Rise of the Runelords is great.