PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of 2 Parties IC

Dristin
2009-12-29, 09:14 PM
Approaching the town from the north you can notice the guards are tense even though it is still light out. You can see makeshift repairs being done around the guard towers indicating a recent attack. There are several guards along the entrance, most of them doing the repairs and and one guard, a dwarf, directing them on the repairs. As you approach you hear the guard that is directing scold one of the lower ranked guards

"No. No. No. That is all wrong. That reinforcement wouldn't hold against a goblin's sneeze. You have to position it like this."

The dwarf walks over and repositions the bar himself while pushing the human guard out of the way. "Just stand guard. Them idiots have been changing their attack patterns."

The human incompetent guard grabs his sword and shield and straps them back into place. As you approach he hails you and pulls out a ledger and quill.

"Your name and business in Brindol?"

deathpigeon
2009-12-29, 10:09 PM
Approaching the town from the north you can notice the guards are tense even though it is still light out. You can see makeshift repairs being done around the guard towers indicating a recent attack. There are several guards along the entrance, most of them doing the repairs and and one guard, a dwarf, directing them on the repairs. As you approach you hear the guard that is directing scold one of the lower ranked guards

"No. No. No. That is all wrong. That reinforcement wouldn't hold against a goblin's sneeze. You have to position it like this."

The dwarf walks over and repositions the bar himself while pushing the human guard out of the way. "Just stand guard. Them idiots have been changing their attack patterns."

The human incompetent guard grabs his sword and shield and straps them back into place. As you approach he hails you and pulls out a ledger and quill.

"Your name and business in Brindol?"

Jarat yawns before replying, "Jarat. To sleep, to eat, to cause no trouble, and to leave as soon as possible, I hope."

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-29, 10:25 PM
The Drow warrior looks up at the guard up on the battlement, smirking at his foolishness and incompetence. Ah the guard reacts to the dark elf face, Andon smirks, the easiest ways to kill the man racing through his head as he fears conflict brewing for the colour of his skin. Race up the wall and kick his feet out from under him as his shield comes back his sword comes up, yes, yes... I've seen this situation a number of times in the Underdark.... He shakes the thoughts from his head, however. He is not here to cause trouble, nor does he want it.

If you can look past the dark hue of my elven skin, you will hear that my name is Andon. I serve the primal spirits of nature, and I am not here by choice but by necessity. I will not cause you any trouble, and I will leave as soon as my errand is done, he reassures the guard, still trying to gauge his reaction.

Saintjebus
2009-12-29, 10:37 PM
I am called Guard. It is who I am and what I do.
I bear no ill will and am no danger to the people of this town

Samm
2009-12-30, 02:27 AM
A tall half-elf leisurely walks up to the guard and says, I'm Varis, and I bring no trouble or ill will to Brindol. Once my business is finished I'll leave. Varis then points to the repairs and preparations being made, and asks in a perplexed tone, Forgive me, I'm not quite up to speed on matters in Brindol, may I ask what all this business is about, the repairs and the like?

Telasi
2009-12-30, 02:49 AM
Kaelisse, hood drawn down to hide her face, pauses a moment to (subtly) gauge the extent of the damage. "I am called Ellyrhan. I desire a night's rest and a meal in peace." She looks nervously at Andon for a moment before continuing. "Perhaps you should be more concerned with yonder Drow than a mere elf-maid."

Dristin
2009-12-30, 07:20 AM
The guard looks up from his ledger. "Jarat. Welcome to Brindol" It seems as though he has said this a thousand times.

"Andon" the guard notes his ledger. You notice he is taking way to long to write down just your name. He seems to be sizing you up and looks thouroughly over you gear pausing for a moment to write something down every few seconds. "Welcome to Brindol."

"Guard" he pauses again looking at you with curoisty and has the distict look of wonder on his face. "heard about your kind but never seen one. Welcome to Brindol"

"Varis" he pauses and then seems to speak as if he has rehersed the next line. "The repairs the city is undertaking are from sorry attempts to infiltrate the city by an band of brigands. Do not worry as the city guard has everything under control."

"Two of you in one day. The times have changed. Ellyrhan" He gives you the same look over as Andon and notes more than just your name. "Welcome to Brindol"

Re'ozul
2009-12-30, 07:32 AM
Walking towards the gate, Dregash eyes the defenses and cannot help but find them lacking. The damage seems to agree with his opinion, yet he would never dare to criticise people that are fighting for their life and the lives of others.

He slightly inclines his head, closing his eyes for a moment to show his respect for the guards.
"I am called Dregash" He greets in his deep,gravelly and slightly booming voice "I look only for sustenance and a place to stay, nothing more. But should you deign my help to be of value for your cause, I would be honored to give it to you."

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 10:16 AM
Thank you for your welcome. Have the brigands been killed, or simply driven off?

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 10:38 AM
"Where might I find a place to eat and sleep?"

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-30, 02:13 PM
I will not bother your inns and taverns with my presence, good sir. I shall find a tall tree to spend the night and complete my errand in the morning, says Andon. Truthfully, however, it is a matter of his own comfort more than reassuring the guards - he would much rather sleep in the boughs of a tree than a bed at a tavern, warmed and made comfortable on the corpses of the wild.

He looks sidelong at the rather accusatory elf maiden* (*Perception [roll0] and *Insight [roll1]) but does not expect to see anything out of the norm. After the cursory glance, he walks through the gates.

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 02:22 PM
I will not bother your inns and taverns with my presence, good sir. I shall find a tall tree to spend the night and complete my errand in the morning, says Andon. Truthfully, however, it is a matter of his own comfort more than reassuring the guards - he would much rather sleep in the boughs of a tree than a bed at a tavern, warmed and made comfortable on the corpses of the wild.

He looks sidelong at the rather accusatory elf maiden* (*Perception [roll0] and *Insight [roll1]) but does not expect to see anything out of the norm. After the cursory glance, he walks through the gates.

"What a weird drow."

Telasi
2009-12-30, 02:24 PM
"Two of you in one day. The times have changed. Ellyrhan" He gives you the same look over as Andon and notes more than just your name. "Welcome to Brindol"

"That they have." Kaelisse sighs quietly, then enters Brindol. If she can do so without being noticed, she'll sneak a look at whatever it was that the guard wrote.

Samm
2009-12-30, 07:29 PM
Varis replies to the guard, "Okay, I suppose that everything is under control then." and walks through the gate. He then stops to ask, "Where may I find an inn, a general store and an armory, for like almost every other mortal, I must sleep, purchase food and ammunition for my crosssbow?"

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 07:37 PM
Guard hears Varis' comment about most mortals.

Hehehe. Almost, pointy-eared one.

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 07:40 PM
Guard hears Varis' comment about most mortals.

Hehehe. Almost, pointy-eared one.

Jarat chuckles to himself. "Nice one Guard."

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-30, 07:41 PM
As it is not quite late enough to go sleep, Andon decides to speak with the others entering town. He begins by approaching his fellow drow elf.

Good evening greets Andon, approaching "Ellyrhan". He drops into a sweeping bow, removing his hat in a swift motion. He then stands erect and fingers the hilts of his two swords, Fleche and Chaser, hoping desperately to avoid conflict. May I ask what brings you to the surface world? asks Andon, hoping for the best but fearing for the worst, as he often does.

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 07:51 PM
Guard looks at Jarat and Varis.

And what skills do you two beings possess? As you heard, I guard. Most especially, squishy beings such as yourselves. Hehehe.

As he speaks, Guard gestures to the enormous hammer slung on his back.

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 07:55 PM
Guard looks at Jarat and Varis.

And what skills do you two beings possess? As you heard, I guard. Most especially, squishy beings such as yourselves. Hehehe.

As he speaks, Guard gestures to the enormous hammer slung on his back.

"I do magic." Jarat looks down and mutters quietly to himself, "And I have way to much of it." He sighs.

Dristin
2009-12-30, 09:17 PM
As you all continue to converse and enter the town you notice the late day bussle is starting to pick up. Guards are posting notices around the main square that state there is a curfew and anyone out after curfew is subject to random searches and questioning.

As you enter where the market place resides earlier in the day a halfling approaches the group. "Here take this coin to the Antler and Thistle. It is good for a sample of the brew of the month. They also have good food and run a deal with the lodge across the street."

The guard replies to Varis "There is one main arms store in town. It is Gavriel Arms and Smthy. Just follow the main road and it is about a block into the road."

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 09:30 PM
To Varis-

I will stick with you. Perhaps I can find an extra set of arms at this armorer.

To Jarat- You are welcome to tag along, bright one.

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 09:33 PM
To Varis-

"Sure, weapons are so fun. Anyway, the conversation is sure to be good."

Dristin
2009-12-30, 09:39 PM
Map of Brindol (http://www.flickr.com/photos/46122301@N08/4229452031/)

Samm
2009-12-30, 09:45 PM
To Varis-

Varis replies to Guard, "That should be fine. For my purposes, I hope to purchase around 10 or 20 crossbow bolts." He then says leisurely, "Oh about the skills, I lead and I fight, I like to think I'm fairly good at it." Varis then sets off towards the armorer observing the atmosphere of Brindol as he goes.

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 09:50 PM
Varis replies to Guard, "That should be fine. For my purposes, I hope to purchase around 10 or 20 crossbow bolts." He then says leisurely, "Oh about the skills, I lead and I fight, I like to think I'm fairly good at it." Varis then sets off towards the armorer observing the atmosphere of Brindol as he goes.

"What weapon, besides the crossbow, do you fight with, Varis?"

Samm
2009-12-30, 09:58 PM
"What weapon, besides the crossbow, do you fight with, Varis?"

I usually fight with the Longspear, it provides me with excellent reach; I like to stand behind the front line and fight over the shoulders of the men (or warforged as the case may be) in the front line. However, I'm willing to fight in the front line if the need arises.

You use magic correct, Jarat? So where do you like stand in a fight and what weapon do you use?

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 10:03 PM
I usually fight with the Longspear, it provides me with excellent reach; I like to stand behind the front line and fight over the shoulders of the men (or warforged as the case may be) in the front. However, I'm willing to fight in the front line if the need arises.

You use magic correct, Jarat? So where do you like stand in a fight and what weapon do you use?

Jarat sighs, "I use no weapons, as you can see my arms are bound to my chest, as for my position in battle, I prefer the rear as my magic tends to be ranged, orbs of acid, falling stars, or a moons ray sort of powers. What about you Guard, how do you fight?"

Samm
2009-12-30, 10:17 PM
Jarat sighs, "I use no weapons, as you can see my arms are bound to my chest, as for my position in battle, I prefer the rear as my magic tends to be ranged, orbs of acid, falling stars, or a moons ray sort of powers. What about you Guard, how do you fight?"

"That makes sense, because the front line is dangerous for one who lacks a weapon." Varis then says in an upbeat tone, "However, I'm sure your magic, will more than compensate for your lack of a weapon."

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 10:20 PM
That makes sense, because the front line is dangerous for one who lacks a weapon. Varis then says in an upbeat tone, However, I'm sure your magic, will more than compensate for your lack of a weapon.

"Not really. My magic is more offensive then defensive."

Samm
2009-12-30, 10:22 PM
"Not really. My magic is more offensive then defensive."

Varis replies,"I suppose that is why you choose to fight at the rear then."

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 10:24 PM
Varis replies,"I suppose that is why you choose to fight at the rear then."

"Well, when I do fight, so not that often."

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 10:27 PM
Guard slips his hammer off of his back and gives it a couple of practice swings. Even from several feet away, Varis and Jarat should be able to sense the weight and speed of the swings.

I guard. I put myself between danger and my charges. One must pass through my broken, scattered body to harm any one that I guard.

Samm
2009-12-30, 10:53 PM
Guard slips his hammer off of his back and gives it a couple of practice swings. Even from several feet away, Varis and Jarat should be able to sense the weight and speed of the swings.

I guard. I put myself between danger and my charges. One must pass through my broken, scattered body to harm any one that I guard.

"Indeed, if I may ask, whom or what did Guard before you started adventuring?"

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 11:29 PM
I was rejected by the noble who commissioned me. I was found by my mother, a priestess of Mielikki. She raised me, and her circle taught me the ways of Nature's Guard. Once I had completed my training, she sent me out to as she said, "learn about real life". Feh. Nothing out here compares to the forest. No offense intended, of course.

Guard replaces his hammer on his back. The handle of the hammer has a strap that slings around his neck to hold the hammer in place.

deathpigeon
2009-12-30, 11:38 PM
I was rejected by the noble who commissioned me. I was found by my mother, a priestess of Mielikki. She raised me, and her circle taught me the ways of Nature's Guard. Once I had completed my training, she sent me out to as she said, "learn about real life". Feh. Nothing out here compares to the forest. No offense intended, of course.

Guard replaces his hammer on his back. The handle of the hammer has a strap that slings around his neck to hold the hammer in place.

"No offense taken. Personally, I trust you more than anyone else I've met on my random wanderings because, you see, you are simple minded and a student of nature. You wish only to follow your nature and guard others. Most people are much worse; they seek power for powers sake with single minded determination without any concern for the lives of others."

Saintjebus
2009-12-31, 12:05 AM
Hm. I am unsure whether you have insulted me or not. You have called me simple- yet have noted that I follow my nature which is good.

Samm
2009-12-31, 12:09 AM

None taken. Indeed, I would never take offence at a comment like that." Varis then says in perplexed tone, "It doesn't really cross my mind. Also Jarat, why are you fascinated with weapons when you yourself said that you cannot use them, it just seems rather odd, wouldn't you agree?"

deathpigeon
2009-12-31, 12:09 AM
Hm. I am unsure whether you have insulted me or not. You have called me simple- yet have noted that I follow my nature which is good.

"It was not meant as an insult."

Shyftir
2009-12-31, 01:51 AM
A cloaked figure walks up to the gates shortly after the others arrive.

"Hello, good sirs." The shifter removes his hood revealing his somewhat beastial visage. "I am a servant of the harvest goddess. My name is Lonepine. I seek nothing here but to insure a safe harvest." His tone is friendly at first but he quickly steps close to the guard and whispers fiercly. "I have reason to believe that the Spider-Queen threatens your fair city. I have tracked two drow here but I do not know which of the dark ones is the Spider Queen's plaything. I will defer to your authority but know this; the spider-slave WILL die."

He steps back with a wolfish grin and a snarl. "Thank you, good sir. May your harvest always be full and bounteous."

As the avenger enters the town he begins to look around for a tavern or inn a prime place both to establish a base of operations and to gather information about his prey.

Re'ozul
2009-12-31, 02:46 AM
Splitting from the rest of the group, Dregash searches for a place of law to learn more about the current state of affairs as well as this "curfew" that was mentioned.

Telasi
2009-12-31, 03:22 AM
Good evening greets Andon, approaching "Ellyrhan". He drops into a sweeping bow, removing his hat in a swift motion. He then stands erect and fingers the hilts of his two swords, Fleche and Chaser, hoping desperately to avoid conflict. May I ask what brings you to the surface world? asks Andon, hoping for the best but fearing for the worst, as he often does.

Kaelisse acknowledges Andon's greeting with a brief nod, then replies in Drow Elven. "You may ask, but I owe you no answer, male. You have yet to so much as tell me your house, let alone earn any measure of my favor. Who are you, and where hail you from?"

Dristin
2009-12-31, 07:56 AM
A cloaked figure walks up to the gates shortly after the others arrive.

"Hello, good sirs." The shifter removes his hood revealing his somewhat beastial visage. "I am a servant of the harvest goddess. My name is Lonepine. I seek nothing here but to insure a safe harvest." His tone is friendly at first but he quickly steps close to the guard and whispers fiercly. "I have reason to believe that the Spider-Queen threatens your fair city. I have tracked two drow here but I do not know which of the dark ones is the Spider Queen's plaything. I will defer to your authority but know this; the spider-slave WILL die."

He steps back with a wolfish grin and a snarl. "Thank you, good sir. May your harvest always be full and bounteous."

As the avenger enters the town he begins to look around for a tavern or inn a prime place both to establish a base of operations and to gather information about his prey.

The guard at the gate takes down your name. "I have seen the 2 drow enter and made note of them. We do not allow travelers to take the law into their own hands in this town. We also try and welcome all races but we are indeed well aware of the capabilities of drow. If you see them doing something they should not please alert the guard. Otherwise enjoy you stay in Brindol."

As you move into the city Lonepine you get the same coin for a free drink and warning about the curfew.

deathpigeon
2009-12-31, 09:21 AM
None taken. Indeed, I would never take offence at a comment like that." Varis then says in perplexed tone, "It doesn't really cross my mind. Also Jarat, why are you fascinated with weapons when you yourself said that you cannot use them, it just seems rather odd, wouldn't you agree?"

Jarat chuckles to himself, "I have no fascination with weapons, in fact I don't like them very much, I only came along for the conversation. My comment earlier about weapons was dripping with sarcasm."

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-31, 10:41 AM
Kaelisse acknowledges Andon's greeting with a brief nod, then replies in Drow Elven. "You may ask, but I owe you no answer, male. You have yet to so much as tell me your house, let alone earn any measure of my favor. Who are you, and where hail you from?"

I am of no House. I serve Whisper, spirit of the woods, and no higher authority exists than that. In a past life, I served the House Tche'Glohnomwra of Menzoberranzan as a soldier. My wife was killed in battle, and my twin sons sacrificed on an altar of Lolth. I hold no love for that city, he replies, slipping into Drow Elven with some difficulty. My name, if you must know, is Andon Wiccawren.

Telasi
2009-12-31, 12:02 PM
I am of no House. I serve Whisper, spirit of the woods, and no higher authority exists than that. In a past life, I served the House Tche'Glohnomwra of Menzoberranzan as a soldier. My wife was killed in battle, and my twin sons sacrificed on an altar of Lolth. I hold no love for that city, he replies, slipping into Drow Elven with some difficulty. My name, if you must know, is Andon Wiccawren.

"Well met then, Andon Wiccawren. That you are houseless is well, for it means you are not now my enemy. You need not your blades." She indicates his hands. "As to your strange goddess, well, that is of less consequence beneath the sunlight; the iblith make no such distinction."

Kaelisse pauses for a moment to consider. "The rivvil sentry has doubtless alerted the whole of the town to my presence, so it is rather pointless to persist in this masquerade. I am Kaelisse Valiir, of Ust Natha."

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-31, 12:24 PM
Andon closes his eyes slowly. She is of the Underdark, no doubt a priestess... thinks Andon to himself. He breathes in and out, invisibly controlling his anger. She is not the one who sacrificed Era and Hain, he reminds himself.

He opens his eyes. Then I have no quarrel with you, Kaelisse Valiir of Ust Natha. Only with the Demon Hag of Spiders that you serve, who's sins I do not blame you for.

Telasi
2009-12-31, 06:17 PM
Andon closes his eyes slowly. She is of the Underdark, no doubt a priestess... thinks Andon to himself. He breathes in and out, invisibly controlling his anger. She is not the one who sacrificed Era and Hain, he reminds himself.

He opens his eyes. Then I have no quarrel with you, Kaelisse Valiir of Ust Natha. Only with the Demon Hag of Spiders that you serve, who's sins I do not blame you for.

"I would prefer to keep it that way. The sunlit world is dangerous enough for our kind without fighting one another needlessly." Kaelisse pauses for a moment.

"However, I caution you to mind your words; my tolerance does not extend to blasphemy. If you bear some grievance, speak it now and let it be done with."

Samm
2009-12-31, 06:23 PM
Jarat chuckles to himself, "I have no fascination with weapons, in fact I don't like them very much, I only came along for the conversation. My comment earlier about weapons was dripping with sarcasm."

"Oh, well I didn't quite pick that up there, it must be my lack of insight then.", Varis chuckles sarcastically. Varis then says to Jarat and Guard, in a suggestive tone, "After our visit to the armorer, what say we visit the tavern before curfew, and find a place to stay the night?"

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-31, 06:26 PM
"I would prefer to keep it that way. The sunlit world is dangerous enough for our kind without fighting one another needlessly." Kaelisse pauses for a moment.

"However, I caution you to mind your words; my tolerance does not extend to blasphemy. If you bear some grievance, speak it now and let it be done with."

Though it may have gone right over your head, priestess, I owe the deaths of both my sons to the Demon Hag, and for that she will never be forgiven. My wife perished in service to House Tche'Glohnomwra's machinations, also in the name of that demon of false hope. I do not wish to fight you, but I will not reconcile my grudge with the Spider Hag for your benefit. When he says the word "priestess" his voice drips with venom, but the rest of his speech is polite and appropriate in tone and pitch.

Saintjebus
2009-12-31, 07:07 PM
That sounds like a fine plan to me. Truly, you are a great leader.

It's hard to tell because of the lack of facial and tonal expression, but Guard may be being sarcastic.

Though, I may not be of much use in merrymaking. (Guard gestures to his blank face with its space for a mouth)I will accompany you to watch, however. It will do well to report to my teachers that I observed "real life".

deathpigeon
2009-12-31, 07:09 PM
"Oh, well I didn't quite pick that up there, it must be my lack of insight then.", Varis chuckles sarcastically. Varis then says to Jarat and Guard, in a suggestive tone, "After our visit to the armorer, what say we visit the tavern before curfew, and find a place to stay the night?"

"That sounds nice, but, once we get to the inn, I will leave you for a little while for I prefer to eat alone."

Telasi
2009-12-31, 07:58 PM
Though it may have gone right over your head, priestess, I owe the deaths of both my sons to the Demon Hag, and for that she will never be forgiven. My wife perished in service to House Tche'Glohnomwra's machinations, also in the name of that demon of false hope. I do not wish to fight you, but I will not reconcile my grudge with the Spider Hag for your benefit. When he says the word "priestess" his voice drips with venom, but the rest of his speech is polite and appropriate in tone and pitch.

Kaelisse eyes Andon questioningly. "I understand this fact; what I do not comprehend is why you think it so important. The strong survive, and the weak perish. Such is the way of things."

"Why were your sons given to Lolth? Drow are not sacrificed without cause."

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-31, 08:08 PM
Kaelisse eyes Andon questioningly. "I understand this fact; what I do not comprehend is why you think it so important. The strong survive, and the weak perish. Such is the way of things."

"Why were your sons given to Lolth? Drow are not sacrificed without cause."

In a failed attack, the House lost favour. But the blood link between twins if powerful, and so to appease their dark goddess the House priestesses sacrificed my sons. They were males without a mother, and the priestesses thought nothing of male infants raised by a male lowborn drow, so they took my "otherwise worthless" sons to the altar to appease Lolth. Alas, I feel you will never understand my grief, priestess, so I suppose our conversation ends here, unless you have else to say, replies Andon, somewhat terse but still polite. Behind his facade, his rage mounts at the harsh memories of his family. And do not speak to me of survival of the fittest, priestess. I survived in the wilds of the Underdark for many months before coming to the surface world. With all due respect, you have not faced true fear until you narrowly backpedal out of the reaching jaws of an umber hulk.

Telasi
2009-12-31, 11:04 PM
In a failed attack, the House lost favour. But the blood link between twins if powerful, and so to appease their dark goddess the House priestesses sacrificed my sons. They were males without a mother, and the priestesses thought nothing of male infants raised by a male lowborn drow, so they took my "otherwise worthless" sons to the altar to appease Lolth. Alas, I feel you will never understand my grief, priestess, so I suppose our conversation ends here, unless you have else to say, replies Andon, somewhat terse but still polite. Behind his facade, his rage mounts at the harsh memories of his family. And do not speak to me of survival of the fittest, priestess. I survived in the wilds of the Underdark for many months before coming to the surface world. With all due respect, you have not faced true fear until you narrowly backpedal out of the reaching jaws of an umber hulk.

Why does the male not realize that he is fortunate to be alive? Failed attacks are punished with the destruction of the house. How many did those two deaths save? A hundred? More? Rather than voicing those opinions, Kaelisse simply shrugs. "I think you will not listen to me, in any case." She turns and begins to walk away.

Shadow_Elf
2009-12-31, 11:08 PM
Andon inclines his head at the priestess and smiles, honestly bearing her no ill-will, and turns to go scout out the city for a suitable tree to spend the night. However, upon hearing of the curfew, he suspects that the city guard will not be happy to find him sleeping in a tree overnight. Taking the token for the free beverage, Andon heads to the inn and spends the token. He takes a sip of the draught and hangs out at the bar, alone.

Telasi
2009-12-31, 11:31 PM
After her conversation with Andon, Kaelisse wanders about Brindol for a short time to acquaint herself with the town. Once she has an idea of the layout, she tries her luck at the inn to see if they will permit her to stay, and, if so, she will rent a room for the night and use the token.

Samm
2010-01-01, 12:35 AM
Guard, Jarat I am glad the plan pleases you. As for you Jarat, I'm perfectly happy to let you eat alone in peace. Also, shall we increase our pace towards the armorer so that we may reach the inn by sun-down, before the curfew begins?" Varis then smiles sarcastically and says to Guard, "Thank you for your praise, it's truly heart-warming."

Dristin
2010-01-01, 06:54 PM
Guard, Jarat I am glad the plan pleases you. As for you Jarat, I'm perfectly happy to let you eat alone in peace. Also, shall we increase our pace towards the armorer so that we may reach the inn by sun-down, before the curfew begins?" Varis then smiles sarcastically and says to Guard, "Thank you for your praise, it's truly heart-warming."

As you all approach Gavriel Arms and Smithy (after a few directions from local towns people) you notice a halfling come out and take a look at the sun. From you estimate it will only be up for about another hour. As the halfling sees you approaching he greets you with a happy smile and states "Hello all and welcome to my shop. Please come in and take a look around but I must insist that you not stray to long as their is a curfew and the guards may not look to kindly to a group waiving about weapons at night."

Dristin
2010-01-01, 06:58 PM
After her conversation with Andon, Kaelisse wanders about Brindol for a short time to acquaint herself with the town. Once she has an idea of the layout, she tries her luck at the inn to see if they will permit her to stay, and, if so, she will rent a room for the night and use the token.

The Red Door is immediately across the street from the Antler and Thistle tavern. The man behind the inn door greets you as you enter. "Welcome and hail good traveler. I suspect you are looking for lodging tonight. We are in good proximity to the Antler and Thistle and we guarantee you will not be troubled if you choose to indulge too much a the tavern."

Dristin
2010-01-01, 07:01 PM
Andon inclines his head at the priestess and smiles, honestly bearing her no ill-will, and turns to go scout out the city for a suitable tree to spend the night. However, upon hearing of the curfew, he suspects that the city guard will not be happy to find him sleeping in a tree overnight. Taking the token for the free beverage, Andon heads to the inn and spends the token. He takes a sip of the draught and hangs out at the bar, alone.

As you enter the bar and present the token to the bartender he greets you with a smile after a quick start that he quickly tries to hide from you appearance. "Ah another person persuaded to test my new brew. I made it for the celebrations that will be taking place in a few weeks. I am sure you will enjoy. If not I have many other drinks for every palate."

Saintjebus
2010-01-01, 07:12 PM
Guard glances at the armorer's selection of hammers.

Hm. Not bad craftsmanship.

Guard is very careful while in the shop to avoid running into stacks of weapons.

I don't know how much room there is in the armory, but Guard is pretty big.

Here's a roll for balance? Avoidance?

[roll0]

I don't have access to my sheet at this moment, but it's linked in my sig if you need to know what my modifiers are.

deathpigeon
2010-01-01, 07:21 PM
As you all approach Gavriel Arms and Smithy (after a few directions from local towns people) you notice a halfling come out and take a look at the sun. From you estimate it will only be up for about another hour. As the halfling sees you approaching he greets you with a happy smile and states "Hello all and welcome to my shop. Please come in and take a look around but I must insist that you not stray to long as their is a curfew and the guards may not look to kindly to a group waiving about weapons at night."

Jarat inclines his head at the half-ling then turns to Guard and Varis, "I'll stay out here, have fun."

Samm
2010-01-01, 07:55 PM
Varis glances around observes the arms and armor that are on display. He then turns to the halfling and says, "Good sir, how much would you be selling bolts for my crossbow for?" Varis then unpacks his crossbow and a few bolts, and shows them to the halfling. He then says, "I'd like the bolts to of this sort" gesturing towards his bolts.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-01, 08:21 PM
As you enter the bar and present the token to the bartender he greets you with a smile after a quick start that he quickly tries to hide from you appearance. "Ah another person persuaded to test my new brew. I made it for the celebrations that will be taking place in a few weeks. I am sure you will enjoy. If not I have many other drinks for every palate."

Your brew is certainly good enough for the likes of me! This is delicious laughs Andon as he takes his first swig of the brew. The townsfolk who will be at the festivities are truly in for a treat, my good man.

Telasi
2010-01-01, 08:29 PM
The Red Door is immediately across the street from the Antler and Thistle tavern. The man behind the inn door greets you as you enter. "Welcome and hail good traveler. I suspect you are looking for lodging tonight. We are in good proximity to the Antler and Thistle and we guarantee you will not be troubled if you choose to indulge too much a the tavern."

Kaelisse decides not to question Brindol's strange tolerance for Drow, and instead replies: "Yes, I am. How much for one night?"

Dristin
2010-01-02, 04:27 PM
Varis glances around observes the arms and armor that are on display. He then turns to the halfling and says, "Good sir, how much would you be selling bolts for my crossbow for?" Varis then unpacks his crossbow and a few bolts, and shows them to the halfling. He then says, "I'd like the bolts to of this sort" gesturing towards his bolts.

The halfling pauses for a second then states "Yes I think I have something very close to those bolts. I have them bundled in stacks of 20 for 2G per stack." He does not wait for an answer and disapears behind the counter. He raises up with one stack of bolts. "Here they are" as he hands the bolts over "take a look and see if they are to your liking."

Dristin
2010-01-02, 04:29 PM
Kaelisse decides not to question Brindol's strange tolerance for Drow, and instead replies: "Yes, I am. How much for one night?"

"Well the rooms are not the best and are usually used for those just needing a safe place inside to recover from a night at the Antler and Thistle. We have rooms that just have a cot for 1sp a night but we do have a nicer room with a better bed and a little more room for 1gp a night. We have plenty of both right now but they tend to fill up when the owner of Antler and Thistle decides to close up shop for the night."

Shyftir
2010-01-02, 05:31 PM
Lonepine made his way through Brindol quietly and quickly. He found the inn whose sign matched the coin he had been given and entered. He removed the cowl of his cloak and spoke to the barkeep.

"Good sir, I was directed here in order to sample your fine city's hospitality. According to the man this coin is worth a drink, I would also like to purchase a small meal as well." Lonepine did not smile knowing that many humans found his sharp canines frightening, but simply spoke in a kindly tone.

Dristin
2010-01-02, 08:32 PM
Lonepine made his way through Brindol quietly and quickly. He found the inn whose sign matched the coin he had been given and entered. He removed the cowl of his cloak and spoke to the barkeep.

"Good sir, I was directed here in order to sample your fine city's hospitality. According to the man this coin is worth a drink, I would also like to purchase a small meal as well." Lonepine did not smile knowing that many humans found his sharp canines frightening, but simply spoke in a kindly tone.

"Hello good sir and here is your free brew. I am sure you will enjoy it and would care to buy another. For diner we have roast turkey and pulled pork. Both come with a potato. Cost for the dinner is 5sp."

Telasi
2010-01-02, 11:12 PM
"Well the rooms are not the best and are usually used for those just needing a safe place inside to recover from a night at the Antler and Thistle. We have rooms that just have a cot for 1sp a night but we do have a nicer room with a better bed and a little more room for 1gp a night. We have plenty of both right now but they tend to fill up when the owner of Antler and Thistle decides to close up shop for the night."

Kaelisse pays the innkeeper a gold piece. "I would prefer the better room."

After completing the transaction with the innkeeper, she heads to the Antler and Thistle to redeem the drink token.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-02, 11:16 PM

As Lonepine enters the bar, Andon looks up. Thinking him in the garb of a tracker, he hails the newcomer, so that they may talk of the woods. Its been only a few hours, and he's already had enough of this city and its blasted complexity, so he wants to speak to a kindred spirit.

Hail, friend. says the normally unsocial drow, his tongue loosened some by the good drink. May I guess from your garb that you are a tracker? I am a man of the wild myself.

Saintjebus
2010-01-02, 11:31 PM
Not seeing anything that matches up to his own hammer, Guard waits for Varis to complete his shopping.

Samm
2010-01-03, 02:32 AM
The halfling pauses for a second then states "Yes I think I have something very close to those bolts. I have them bundled in stacks of 20 for 2G per stack." He does not wait for an answer and disapears behind the counter. He raises up with one stack of bolts. "Here they are" as he hands the bolts over "take a look and see if they are to your liking."

Varis picks up a bolt and inspects it. He then says "Indeed they are to my liking, I shall purchase 20 of them, thank you for your time." He then hands the halfling 2gp, collects his crossbow bolts and proceeds out the door. Outside the door, Varis catches up with Guard and Jarat and says to them both, "Let's proceed to the tavern and inn, before sunset."

Shyftir
2010-01-03, 04:32 AM
As Lonepine enters the bar, Andon looks up. Thinking him in the garb of a tracker, he hails the newcomer, so that they may talk of the woods. Its been only a few hours, and he's already had enough of this city and its blasted complexity, so he wants to speak to a kindred spirit.

Hail, friend. says the normally unsocial drow, his tongue loosened some by the good drink. May I guess from your garb that you are a tracker? I am a man of the wild myself.

The shifter turns to the drow and fixes him with a piercing stare.
"You could call me a tracker, elf, although my prey takes me both to the wilds of the wilderness and the wilds of the urban life equally." Lonepine couldn't believe his luck not only had he found one of the drow he was concerned about, but the dark elf was speaking to him of its own accord.

"Come." he invited, "Let us speak of our travels. You must have come far. The Underdark is a difficult place to traverse it is said. The avenger gestured to a nearby table, carefully keeping a cordial air about himself as he spoke to the elven man.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-03, 10:33 AM
The shifter turns to the drow and fixes him with a piercing stare.
"You could call me a tracker, elf, although my prey takes me both to the wilds of the wilderness and the wilds of the urban life equally." Lonepine couldn't believe his luck not only had he found one of the drow he was concerned about, but the dark elf was speaking to him of its own accord.

"Come." he invited, "Let us speak of our travels. You must have come far. The Underdark is a difficult place to traverse it is said. The avenger gestured to a nearby table, carefully keeping a cordial air about himself as he spoke to the elven man.

At the shifter's indication of his more sinister profession, Andon sharpens up. He orders a re-fill of his drink and the takes the sploshing flagon with him to the table the shifter indicated. He decides not to drink another sip until he determines whether this manhunter is friend or foe. I am Andon Wiccawren, humble follower of the Whisper on the Wind and guardian of the wild. May I have your name, friend? he greets as he sits down at the table.

Saintjebus
2010-01-03, 10:53 AM
Guard walks into the bar with Varis.(unless Varis left between the armorer and the tavern.)

I assume that you will want a drink and some food. Here-Guard hands Varis the coin that the halfling had given-This is of no use to me.

Guard looks around the tavern and sees the drow from the gate. He does not have anything against drow, having never met one.

deathpigeon
2010-01-03, 11:49 AM
Jarat goes with Guard and Varis. When he enters the tavern he walks up to the bar man and says, "I would like a room and a meal delivered to it, ok. When the meal is delivered you will find a token to pay for it.

Samm
2010-01-03, 05:53 PM
Guard walks into the bar with Varis.(unless Varis left between the armorer and the tavern.)

I assume that you will want a drink and some food. Here-Guard hands Varis the coin that the halfling had given-This is of no use to me.

Guard looks around the tavern and sees the drow from the gate. He does not have anything against drow, having never met one.

"Thank you." Varis then leisurely walks into the tavern and up to the bartender. Varis then asks the bartender in polite tone "Good sir, how much would I need to pay for a meal and a room for tonight?"

Telasi
2010-01-03, 09:57 PM
Kaelisse walks into the Antler and Thistle, quickly assessing the patrons to identify any potential problems. [roll0] (my perception and insight are both +9) She approaches the bar and extends the token to the bartender. "I am told that this token is good for a drink. If this is true, then I would like one, and a meal as well."

Shyftir
2010-01-03, 10:24 PM
At the shifter's indication of his more sinister profession, Andon sharpens up. He orders a re-fill of his drink and the takes the sploshing flagon with him to the table the shifter indicated. He decides not to drink another sip until he determines whether this manhunter is friend or foe. I am Andon Wiccawren, humble follower of the Whisper on the Wind and guardian of the wild. May I have your name, friend? he greets as he sits down at the table.

"I am called Lonepine. I serve Sehanine, Lady of the Harvest Moon. I will be honest with you. Your people are normally accounted my enemies, but I sense that you do not serve the Spider-Queen. I am commanded by my goddess to hunt down and stop those who would oppose her agenda in this world. Rest easy. The ways of the primal spirits are, to my mind at least, akin to Sehanine's doctrines."

The shiftir extended his hand toward the drow, an offer of peace and friendship.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-03, 10:28 PM
"I am called Lonepine. I serve Sehanine, Lady of the Harvest Moon. I will be honest with you. Your people are normally accounted my enemies, but I sense that you do not serve the Spider-Queen. I am commanded by my goddess to hunt down and stop those who would oppose her agenda in this world. Rest easy. The ways of the primal spirits are, to my mind at least, akin to Sehanine's doctrines."

The shiftir extended his hand toward the drow, an offer of peace and friendship.

Andon gladly shakes the avenger's hand, a kindred spirit. Sehanine, hmm? Whisper, the spirit I follow, is very close to Sehanine in tactics, if memory serves. He prefers deception to straightforwardness, and has a great love for the forest. Tell me of your travels, friend. I am sure as one of Sehanine's children you have many a good tale to tell! says Andon, smiling and glad that he hailed the shifter.

Shyftir
2010-01-04, 10:49 AM
Andon gladly shakes the avenger's hand, a kindred spirit. Sehanine, hmm? Whisper, the spirit I follow, is very close to Sehanine in tactics, if memory serves. He prefers deception to straightforwardness, and has a great love for the forest. Tell me of your travels, friend. I am sure as one of Sehanine's children you have many a good tale to tell! says Andon, smiling and glad that he hailed the shifter.

The Lady of the Night Sky is patron of goodly were-kin and a keeper of secrets. She is sacred both to the moon elves and to my people. My tribe in the Werewoods knew her only as The Goddess. A vision was given to me as a youngling; the Lady told me to seek out her other children so I might learn more of her and teach my people. So it was I journeyed far until I found the Monastery of the Bloodmoon high in the Thunder Peaks. The elven brothers there taught me their ways and charged me to wander all Toril doing the work of the Lady until I should receive another vision telling me to return to my people.

The shifter paused, a pensive look on his lupine features. "But enough of me. What brings a dark elf to our surface world and to the service of the Whisper in the Woods?"

FrozenOcean
2010-01-04, 12:29 PM
Night waited, somewhat impatiently, behind the wondrous curtain of the waning dusk.

A shadowy figure crouched behind a jagged rock, just off the path. He made sure to remain hidden, and spied on the ongoing activity of the gate. The soldiers, somewhat inefficiently, were repairing the city walls, or perhaps conducting renovations. He abandoned this thought, as it was of little importance.

He knew, from what little he overheard in his private darkness, the city would likely shut when the night falls. Turning his head down the road, he could see a small caravan approaching; doubtless the last group to enter the city that day.

He decided to make his move. As the group travelled past, he swept out of his cover and into formation with the group; quickly, quietly. Nobody noticed, and he followed them up to the gate. A rather bored-looking soldier marked each traveller upon his ledger, and granted them access, one by one. As he waited in line, behind a merchant's trailer, he decided upon a suitable disguise for his entrance.

The guard looked up from his ledger, after letting the merchant past, to find a rather odd-looking young man, smiling in his face. His blonde hair, white skin and midnight-black attire, not to mention his red eyes and fanged smile, caused the soldier to take a step back. (I bet he rolled Fortitude to not gasp, too.)

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-04, 05:26 PM
The Lady of the Night Sky is patron of goodly were-kin and a keeper of secrets. She is sacred both to the moon elves and to my people. My tribe in the Werewoods knew her only as The Goddess. A vision was given to me as a youngling; the Lady told me to seek out her other children so I might learn more of her and teach my people. So it was I journeyed far until I found the Monastery of the Bloodmoon high in the Thunder Peaks. The elven brothers there taught me their ways and charged me to wander all Toril doing the work of the Lady until I should receive another vision telling me to return to my people.

The shifter paused, a pensive look on his lupine features. "But enough of me. What brings a dark elf to our surface world and to the service of the Whisper in the Woods?"

I was born in Menzoberranzan, lowborn soldier fodder for House Tche'Glohnomwra. My wife, though then I called her my mate, was also a warrior of the House. We had twin sons. My wife was killed in battle, and my two sons sacrificed to Lolth to save face with the goddess after the failed attack. It was in those times, when my rage was contained only by my knowledge that I would be slain by the priestesses should I let it free, that the Whisper came to me. He guided me out of the Underdark, past vicious monsters and drow patrols. He taught me to channel my anger into my blades, to fight for the cause of what mattered to me. After months of his whispers, I found what mattered most to me was the environment in which I lived. I became a guardian of the forests to channel my rage and hate for good. I will forever be indebted to the Whisper in the Woods, for he saved my life. As such, though I respect their power, I follow no God's call or code, explains Andon. Though reserved in many aspects, he is never shy to tell others of the pain he suffered when he lost his family. He finds that talking about it helps him channel his rage all the better.

Shyftir
2010-01-05, 02:15 AM
"I can understand your fury. I would call you friend, Andon. Your vengeance and my calling coincide quite well. Might I suggest we become allies?" Something I never expected to say to a drow. the thought echoed in Lonepine's head as he addressed the drow barbarian.

The Shifter reached for his newly arrived mug of ale and offered, "A toast to unexpected friendship."

FrozenOcean
2010-01-05, 01:37 PM
Sydney, barely containing his humour, strolled into Brindol's center.
He slipped back into his current favourite disguise; a slightly malnourished-looking half-Eladrin, half-Drow named Lho Kii (A double pun, of which he was quite proud). The grey skin and pupiless, sky-blue eyes usually raised a few eyebrows, but was odd enough to warrant nothing more.

As he strode calmly into the city, his sand-coloured hair and tan cape flowing in the wind, he was approached by a halfling, who handed him a token 'Good for a drink'. He met the small humanoid with Lho Kii's usual grace and politeness, and thanked him for his kindness.

Suddenly, the image of the soldier's face came back to him. He swung around a post, laughing. With a graceful twirl, he planted the token, along with three gold pieces, into the hand of a beggar, who gazed up at Lho with awe and surprise.

'Why... thank ye, strang'r!' the grubby man said, quite earnestly, although his practiced tone suggested he'd said this many times.
'Think nothing of it, my good man! All I ask in return, are directions; to the nearest place where I may go to rest, and maybe for a drink, or two.' Lho replied, voice dripping with years of practiced kindness. The homeless man, muttering thanks, directed the elven hybrid toward the Antler and Thistle, which was, apparently, 'Gud a place as e'er for a drink'. Perhaps he'd find adventurers there!

Entering the Antler, Lho was instantly met with the scents of people; the noise of idle talk of a dozen voices, the smells of food, of the wood, of the orc in the far corner.

He slipped through the people, something he'd become quite good at, and bought a room, along with a light meal.

He scanned the tavern, looking for anything to pique his interest. He saw nothing but armed men conversing over tables, men drinking, men playing some game of cards or an other. Nothing of inter- Wait.

His gaze came across a shadowy, cloaked figure, in the darkest corner. Sitting quietly, alone. From behind the face of Lho, Sydney smiled.

Perhaps this was the Adventurer he had been seeking.

He made his way to the table, putting on his most honest and friendly face. 'Hail, friend! May I share this table?'

Saintjebus
2010-01-05, 01:45 PM
Guard moved to the center of the tavern and took a seat at one of the benches, setting his hammer down beside him. He needed to neither eat nor drink, so he did not want to take a seat from someone who did. That, as he had discovered, led to unfortunate fights. Those ended with hurt humans and Guard being chased out of town by an angry mob. He didn't want that to happen here.

As Guard looked around, he couldn't help but notice a preponderance of unusual races. Being one himself, he tended to notice those. Just at first glance, he saw some sort of lycanthrope, a drow, and some humanoid that was trying to seem human. Probably was doing a good job, too, but Guard was looking from a different perspective.

Guard touched his hammer almost protectively. Touching the hammer made him almost feel secure- as if he was at home in the forest again.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-05, 03:56 PM
"I can understand your fury. I would call you friend, Andon. Your vengeance and my calling coincide quite well. Might I suggest we become allies?" Something I never expected to say to a drow. the thought echoed in Lonepine's head as he addressed the drow barbarian.

The Shifter reached for his newly arrived mug of ale and offered, "A toast to unexpected friendship."

Indeed, I would call you friend as well, Lonepine. I second your toast! agrees Andon, lifting his sloshing mug and clanging it against the shifter's, then taking a big gulp. So, my divinely inclined friend, what brings you to this place?

Telasi
2010-01-05, 04:23 PM
Kaelisse situates herself in a back corner so no one can sneak up on her while she eats.

I wonder that these rivvin have not yet sought to harm me. Perhaps they would lull me into relaxing my guard, or they are greater fools than I had given them credit for. Regardless, this is not the trial I had anticipated. Lolth would not permit so simple a thing as enduring the sun pass for her test, even weakened as I have been. Patience must be the key, then.

Dristin
2010-01-05, 04:56 PM
Just as the bartender finishes serving the last drink to the patron at the bar the evening is disturbed by the cracking of the front door flying off its hinges to land amid the nearest tables. Four hobgoblins rush into the bar, swords outstretched to skewer the nearest bar patrons. "For Sinruth! For the Hand!" they cry.

I think I have everyone placed correctly or close there to. If not let me know before we get started here. Also initiative!

Humans are labeled as H. HB is human bartender and Hobgoblins are labeled HG1, HG2, HG3, and HG4

Updated Map (http://www.flickr.com/photos/46122301@N08/4248577367/sizes/l/)

Saintjebus
2010-01-05, 05:15 PM
OOC: I don't have access to my character sheet, but it's in my sig. You'll have to look at my sheet to get my modifiers.

Also, my initiative:

[roll0]

Guard jumped up with a growl. No one would hurt the patrons of this bar! His natural protectiveness flowed around him as he sank into his battle trance.

You have made a serious mistake!!!!

deathpigeon
2010-01-05, 05:18 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

"I suppose I should fight."

FrozenOcean
2010-01-05, 05:32 PM
Sydney, or Lho, saw these events unfold, and did what he always does.

He broke into a run, skidding past the... hey, was that a Warforged!? and leaping expertly over the bar... To hide.

If anyone was watching, they'd probably have been shocked. Instead of a hybrid Drow-Eladrin, a shining, silver Dragonborn burst back over bar, with an almighty roar, claws at the ready.

Used Change Shape. Make a Bluff check against target's Insight. Btw, cast Ghost Sound for the roar. Nice FX, huh? Also, (1d20+2)= ?

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-05, 05:37 PM
Andon leaps up, Fleche and Chaser drawn and falls into his battle trance. Even here I cannot find peace. he thinks, before saying aloud These pathetic hobgoblins will be parted with their heads before long! Come, let us dispatch these vagabonds.

Telasi
2010-01-05, 06:20 PM
Init [roll0]

Re'ozul
2010-01-05, 06:43 PM
Dregash.

Having heard a cry, I break into a run, rushing through the last narrow alleyway.
I turn the corner, narrowly avoiding two figures ... too fast to make out clearly.
Are they the enemy? One is much taller than the other.
No weapons! my mind tells me Not the enemy!
Half a second later I resume my run towards the origin of the cry
I see it now. An open door. Hobgoblins. The cry was theirs.
I cannot clearly make out their expressions but their swords speak a clear language.
Thought turns to steel as I draw my sword.
My will becomes guarded as I ready my shield.
I have sworn to protect, no matter the cost.
I answer their cry with one of my own.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Samm
2010-01-05, 06:53 PM
"Outrage, this is in the tavern, in the middle of a town! Go away from here, foul beasts and leave these patrons in peace!" Varis then draws his longspear and prepares for battle.

Dristin
2010-01-05, 09:28 PM
The Hobgoblins grow at your curses and look to engage anyone they can inside the bar.

HG1 Int [roll0]
HG2 Int [roll1]
HG3 Int [roll2]
HG4 Int [roll3]

deathpigeon
2010-01-05, 09:49 PM
Jarat yells, "No one get to close, make sure they have to move to get to you! I have a plan, of sorts."

FrozenOcean
2010-01-06, 01:24 AM
The Dragonborn that was Sydney thrust his clawed hand toward the hobgoblins. A nasty green bolt streaked through the air toward the Hobgoblins. 'I'm not doing this to you... because of your... wicked ways; I simply want to kill you!' Sydney laughed hysterically, through Dragonborn teeth.
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Implement, Acid
Standard Action - Ranged 20
Target: Hobgoblin 1
Attack: Intelligence vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 +Intelligence Modifier acid damage, ongoing 5 Acid damage (Save Ends)
-Secondary Target: Each creature adjacent to the primary target.
-Secondary Attack: Int vs. Reflex
-Hit: 1d8 +Int. Mod. +5 ongoing Acid damage.
Miss: Half damage, ongoing 2 Acid damage to primary target (Save ends) and no secondary.

FrozenOcean
2010-01-06, 02:11 AM
Considering it now IS my turn, I think (I got 21), I'll cast Acid Arrow at E,14 (HG1). [roll0] on HG1. On adjacent targets: [roll1]Had to Double Post for rolls. Also, I have to go, I'll post again later.

Samm
2010-01-06, 03:05 AM
Varis then shouts at the hobgoblins, "Come on then, do your worst!" Varis then moves 15ft to the right and braces for the hobgoblin onslaught.

Varis readies a melee basic attack with his longspear for when the hobgoblins move towards him, and move just within reach ie. 10ft away from Varis

Shyftir
2010-01-06, 05:19 AM
Lonepine's next comment was interrupted by bellowing hobgoblins. This did not please him.

He jumped to his feet, pulled his falchion from behind his back then flipped it over so that he could and brandish the holy symbol impressed into its silvered pommel.

Init:[roll0] and the +2 from Varis makes 10.

He released a fiendish howl and focused the power given him by Sehanine in order to inflict his enemies with the dreaded Blood Moon Howl.

One his turn:
Uses encounter power, Shared Madness.
Encounter ✦ Divine, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action - Ranged 10
Target: Hobgoblin1
Attack: [roll1] vs. Will
Hit: [roll2] psychic damage, and a
second creature (Hobgoblin2) you can see takes the same damage.

deathpigeon
2010-01-06, 03:03 PM
Jarat's eyes turn black and starry (he enters the phase of the sun) and shining orbs fall from the sky setting the area around the hobgoblins on fire.

E15 Burst 1

To hit 1d20+4 vs. Reflex (H01)
To hit 1d20+4 vs. Reflex (H02)
To hit 1d20+4 vs. Reflex (H03)
To hit 1d20+4 vs. Reflex (H04)

Damage 1d4+4 radiant (H01)
Damage 1d4+4 radiant (H02)
Damage 1d4+4 radiant (H03)
Damage 1d4+4 radiant (H04)

Effect 2 damage if they leave the burst.

Dristin
2010-01-06, 09:57 PM
The four hobgoblins in the bar fall to the ground dead before they hit the floor. More screams and fighting can be heard from outside and some of the battle cries seem to be getting closer.

anyone that acted after frozen ocean can change their action since all of the hobgoblins died from that attack. Minions totally get wasted by daily powers :smalltongue:

deathpigeon
2010-01-06, 10:19 PM
Jarat instead moves to F11.

Telasi
2010-01-06, 10:26 PM
On her init, Kaelisse will ready an RBA with her hand crossbow. Target the first hobbo to enter her line of sight.
To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
High Crit: [roll2]

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-06, 10:31 PM
On Andon's initiative count (18), he will double move to G17 and draw Fleche and Chaser. (Move, Move, Minor).

After seeing the strange dragonborn melt the hobgoblins, Andon laughs. And that is why my people kept these pathetic humanoids a slaves! I cannot count the number of goblinoids whose lifeblood I have drawn with my blades. Just like being in Menzoberranzan. He winces noticeably as he says the name of his former home city, running past tables and allies to get to the bar's exit.

Shyftir
2010-01-06, 11:42 PM
On his initiative (10):

Lonepine ran after Andon and out the door. As he ran, he pulled his falchion and growled under his breathe,"Untrained Hobgoblins? They must be a distraction for the real danger." Upon exiting the bar he immediately began looking for a more substantial enemy.

Samm
2010-01-07, 01:48 AM
Instead Varis takes two move actions and runs over to Andon (F17). He stands just beside him, draws his crossbow, and looks outside for anymore danger. (Move, Move, Minor)

He then says to Andon, "I'll cover you if anything tries to flank you, and if they try a frontal assault, you'll fight much better with my spear over your shoulder."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-07, 02:43 PM
Instead Varis takes two move actions and runs over to Andon (F17). He stands just beside him, draws his crossbow, and looks outside for anymore danger. (Move, Move, Minor)

He then says to Andon, "I'll cover you if anything tries to flank you, and if they try a frontal assault, you'll fight much better with my spear over your shoulder."

Thank you kindly! I hope you can keep up! says Andon jovially, inclining his head to the warlord.

OOC: I plan to have Andon throw up a Rage and then go crazy with moving and shifting and charging stuff. Keeping up may be a legitimate concern :smalltongue:.

Saintjebus
2010-01-08, 01:17 PM
I think my turn is up, but I'm not sure. I'm also pretty sure that the hobgoblins in the inn are dead.

I'm going to move to 16E and ready an action to basic attack the first enemy I see.

Dristin
2010-01-10, 11:46 AM
On Andon's initiative count (18), he will double move to G17 and draw Fleche and Chaser. (Move, Move, Minor).

After seeing the strange dragonborn melt the hobgoblins, Andon laughs. And that is why my people kept these pathetic humanoids a slaves! I cannot count the number of goblinoids whose lifeblood I have drawn with my blades. Just like being in Menzoberranzan. He winces noticeably as he says the name of his former home city, running past tables and allies to get to the bar's exit.

I think the most you could move is to F14. The middle section is a fireplace and you can not move thru it.

Dristin
2010-01-10, 12:28 PM
The humans near the eastern wall all stand up from their chairs and cower against the wall. They all seem to hope that this odd collection of people will take care of the chaos outside and that has already started within. The humans at the back table only look up from their card game to make sure that nothing is coming their way. They quickly redirect their attention back to the game to make sure none of the money has been stole. For those that are outside and can see out the door more enemies seem to be coming. More hobgoblins from the south are joined by a goblin carrying a torch. A few more are approaching rapidly from the east.

Int rolls in no order I will add modifiers secretly.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Antler and Thistle updated pic (http://www.flickr.com/photos/46122301@N08/4262432899/sizes/l/) (still working on editing skills)

Rd 2 Fight!

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-10, 02:15 PM
I think the most you could move is to F14. The middle section is a fireplace and you can not move thru it.

((By going around the right, I can make it to G16, by my count. I think my issue was counting a diagonal across a wall, which I cannot do. But I should still be able to make G16.))

Samm
2010-01-10, 03:42 PM
((By going around the right, I can make it to G16, by my count. I think my issue was counting a diagonal across a wall, which I cannot do. But I should still be able to make G16.))

OOC: I was planning (in fact it says so in my post) to move next to Andon, so if he moves to G16, can I be in F16 (just next to him)? I think you may have to update your map again...

Also, I guess I'll delay, till the move after Andon, so I can support him better.

FrozenOcean
2010-01-10, 05:00 PM
When did I move behind the bar again?

Sydney looked at the half-dissolved corpses. They were calling to him.

'Loot us!' they cried. 'Kill the innocents, steal their shoes!' they cried.

Re'ozul
2010-01-10, 06:40 PM
As long as the current map doesn't change greatly until my turn:

An impressive Display, I cannot help but realize. But Evil always returns like a weed, and so do these creatures it seems.
Another group has arrived and I realize it would be best to reduce the threat to give the other fighters inside the tavern time to come join the fight in just cause.
My throat tingles then burns as I congeal my acid into a form better to handle. It makes the process much more uncomfortable, but oh so much more effective.
The ball of acid rests in my hand; cool and of respectable weight. Shimmering with the green that seems so tantalizing during the process and so sickening after it shows its destructive potential. I sling it to the feet of the lone goblin, the despicable would-be arsonist.
I do not linger to see wether I will hit my aim. I have learned to trust my own abilities. I had to learn. Hesitation is tantamount to suicide in a battle. And suicide the ultimate sin a defender can fall to.
The Hobgoblins seem surprised. Did they truely think I could not sense them? Their muscles tighten. Their eyes narrow. It seems they were merely hoping. Very well, I can accept hope. It is ignorance that I abhor. I close the distance between us, moving away from the wall. I am no coward. I will meet them in the open. I will not look for cover against an inferior enemy. Nary a moment passes and I can see traces of something in their eyes. Is it fear? Pride? Dedication?
They raise their weapons in defiance. If not for their actions, they might be worth to be acknowledged as warriors. But they have chosen their way.
They wish to attack civilians and burn their homes?
I will make them understand the wrongness of their actions.
One thought reverberates through my mind, and my voice carries it into the world, riding on the breath that I will take from those that oppose what is just.
REPENT!

Dragon breath, minor (Burst 2 within 10; Strenght+2 vs Ref) (F19, square in front of goblin)

attack:
[roll0] Goblin
[roll1] left of Goblin
[roll2] below Goblin
[roll3] the last one

damage: (1d6+conmod acid damage)

[roll4]
-------------------------
Holy Strike (Strenght vs. AC) +2 for sword on HG5

attack:
[roll5]

damage: 1W+Strmod

[roll6]

Dristin
2010-01-11, 09:56 PM
When did I move behind the bar again?

Sydney looked at the half-dissolved corpses. They were calling to him.

'Loot us!' they cried. 'Kill the innocents, steal their shoes!' they cried.

Sorry but I missed where you moved to. What square are you in?

Shyftir
2010-01-11, 10:37 PM
Lonepine's instincts were on fire. He felt the need to wade into combat heavily almost as if drugged. As soon as possible he would run forward out the doorway and do his best to engage the first enemy he could.

A move action to get to the closest enemy. If that's not enough he will charge.

Attack if No Charge:
Bond of Retribution (With a High crit weapon)
At-Will ✦ Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1]The first time an
enemy other than the target hits or misses you before
the end of your next turn, the target takes radiant
damage equal to your Intelligence modifier = 2.

Attack if charge: Falchion Basic Attack (High crit weapon)
Attack: [roll2] vs. AC (bonus for charging not included here)
Hit: [roll3]

FrozenOcean
2010-01-13, 02:36 PM
Sorry but I missed where you moved to. What square are you in?

I came back over the counter before the combat actually started, I reckon C8.

Also, my question is still to be answered! Are they worth looting?

Samm
2010-01-27, 08:13 PM
Varis now next to Guard says, "Hold the line!" He then puts away his crossbow and takes out his long spear and braces for the onslaught.

Varis readies a basic attack against the first enemy that comes into reach.

To hit: [roll0]
Damage, if hit: [roll1]

Saintjebus
2010-01-27, 08:17 PM
Hm. A line is an intangible abstraction... but no matter. The enemy will not prevail!

deathpigeon
2010-01-28, 08:27 AM
Jarat looks up, as if he could see the heavens, and stars fall upon the hobgoblins and the goblin.

F20 Burst 1

To hit [roll0] vs. Reflex (HG1)
To hit [roll1] vs. Reflex (HG2)
To hit [roll2] vs. Reflex (HG3)
To hit [roll3] vs. Reflex (G1)

Damage [roll4] radiant damage

Effect 2 damage if they leave the burst.

Dristin
2010-02-02, 03:37 PM
I came back over the counter before the combat actually started, I reckon C8.

Also, my question is still to be answered! Are they worth looting?

they do not look worth looting

Dristin
2010-02-02, 03:53 PM
As Jarat finishes casting the spell that quickly befalls the small group of hobgoblins and the one goblin they all let out a guttural scream. For the 3 hobgoblins this will be the last act they ever do as they are dead before they hit the ground. The goblin barely seems to notice as he continues to push forward.

Andon is now up and I did not see where you already rolled your attack but no one has moved since you stated it as the enemies that were before you have been killed. Go ahead and make your rolls

Antler and Thistle (http://www.editgrid.com/user/sedamj/Antler_and_Thistle)

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-02, 08:23 PM
Move Action: Move to F18
Minor Action: Cloud of Darkness (CB1, creates impenetrable darkness, only I can see, lasts until the end of my next turn)
Standard Action: Swift Panther Rage

Andon runs towards the unfazed goblin, calling upon the powers of his people to summon a globe of magical darkness around himself and his prey. Swift as a Panther, my blades shall taste your flesh in the twilight of your existence.

Swift Panther Rage:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, I get +2 speed and I can shift two as a minor action.