PDA

View Full Version : Soloing Bijuu Nd20

golentan
2009-12-29, 11:23 PM
I posted this a few minutes ago on the Naruto D20 forums. I have no idea if any players are here, but if so I figured I'd share my work:

So, Aburame are very powerful. To demonstrate, I have the goal of demonstrating the combinatorial effect of a full complement of Kikaichuu.

So, we take a level 20 character. For this exercise, I'm going to assume that Mushi Dama (over in the Homebrew section) is allowed, but it isn't necessary, just makes the process safer if slower.

So, he advances on the Kyuubi. He performs a full kikaichuu complement efficient extended Mushi Dama no jutsu. The Kyuubi lacks an escape artist skill, and as such is stuck. It will take 44-55 chakra damage a round for 15 rounds, for a total of 660 chakra damage (assuming no failed saves). This has cost our character less chakra than he can grab from a single chakra gem. Rinse and repeat: We have now reduced the Kyuubi's CP to 0 (it has 874), and all further chakra damage completely bypasses everything and is dealt directly as damage. Assuming it doesn't roll a 1 on the resulting depletion save, and using only the Mushi Dama technique (assuming we're only fighting with der bugs), the Kyuubi will be completely devoured to the bones in (20 rounds to reduce chakra to 0, effective damage after that of 25 due to bijuu regeneration = 39 rounds to reduce to 0 HP, 59 rounds) less than 6 minutes.

This is actually faster to accomplish with RAW kikaichuu, as hivemaster can allow slashing damage, increasing the damage to 11d3+44 chakra. This reduces the average time expected to kill the beast by 20 rounds. There, however, you need to find a way to keep it from targeting the kikai.

This is all, again, with no other techniques. Needless to say, throwing additional damage (esp. in the second stage) hastens it considerably. And if you use shuriken expert and spam chakra sponge shuriken you can help it along a very little more (but that's relying on 1s on saves to help).

Edit: It's technically epic since I'm not counting bloodline level, pushing it into ECL 21. Sorry, forgot to mention that.