PDA

View Full Version : {3.5e} Evil Incarnate

AirGuitarGod32
2009-12-30, 12:41 PM
I just finished BoVD and nearly soiled myself. That book alone made me want to play a villain in my upcoming campaign, planning on playing a Vashara (uber-evil humans that make Drow run in terror and make Illithid soil their fancy robes) who worships a Vile God.

However, I want to be "Mister NE." What sort of build screams the evilest vilest Vashara possible?

Saintjebus
2009-12-30, 12:58 PM
Keep a group of puppies around to kick every so often. Just for the evilz.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-30, 01:02 PM
The puppies are also ill fed, unwashed, and displayed as art.

Kylarra
2009-12-30, 01:06 PM
Also with baby seals.

Amphetryon
2009-12-30, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a job for the Incarnate class. I admit I might be taking your thread title too literally.

wormwood
2009-12-30, 01:09 PM
Just play as Carrot Top? In addition to the pure evil of it, he's now apparently some sort of muscle-laden monster. Scary.

Grumman
2009-12-30, 01:10 PM
Take the Mother Cyst feat. Find a puppy. Cast Necrotic Cyst on the puppy. Give the puppy to a small child and wait for the child to return home. Cast a chained Necrotic Eruption on the puppy. Laugh. Laugh some more.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-12-30, 01:17 PM
Take the Mother Cyst feat. Find a puppy. Cast Necrotic Cyst on the puppy. Give the puppy to a small child and wait for the child to return home. Cast a chained Necrotic Eruption on the puppy. Laugh. Laugh some more.

I meant what classes should I focus on?

and that.....its genuis.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-12-30, 01:19 PM
I meant what classes should I focus on?

Paladin of Slaughter or Tyranny/Blackguard/Assassin

hamishspence
2009-12-30, 01:22 PM
Any of the three anti-paladin variants from Dragon magazines- a bit like paladins of slaughter, tyranny, etc, but have a NE variant.

Player's Guide to Faerun has a few Faerun-specific Vile prestige classes.

JeenLeen
2009-12-30, 01:27 PM
Do you want him to be a caster or melee? Caster of course yields more power and versatility (evil acts from afar, a major one, and mind-control spells.)
And you do want to be calm, calculated mastermind who usually hides (or frames others for) his evil, or a more bold/chaotic evil that goes around causing obvious mayhem?

Elder Evils has some nice feats you should look at, some that are good for rp purposes at least.

I once had the idea of a bard who travels a region of city-states, slowly influencing them into war, famine (nobles hoard and exploit others more), and decadence. He covers as a person spreading love and peace, initiating people into his cult.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-12-30, 01:31 PM
Do you want him to be a caster or melee? Caster of course yields more power and versatility (evil acts from afar, a major one, and mind-control spells.)
And you do want to be calm, calculated mastermind who usually hides (or frames others for) his evil, or a more bold/chaotic evil that goes around causing obvious mayhem?

Elder Evils has some nice feats you should look at, some that are good for rp purposes at least.

I once had the idea of a bard who travels a region of city-states, slowly influencing them into war, famine (nobles hoard and exploit others more), and decadence. He covers as a person spreading love and peace, initiating people into his cult.

Caster would be less suspicious and I prever overt evil with subtle good reasons

Salanmander
2009-12-30, 01:41 PM
Seriously, amphetryon had it right. Play an evil incarnate, going towards necrocarnate.

Create equipment from /life energy stolen from the writhing bodies of your victims./ Plus, you're required to be NE. =P

Grumman
2009-12-30, 02:02 PM
I'd suggest a Spellwarped Warlock / Ur-Priest / Eldritch Theurge with a dip in Entropist.

Kobold-Bard
2009-12-30, 02:26 PM
Get the armour that lets you chain people to it. When you get hurt they take the damage instead. Instant Paladin/Good Cleric stopper, coz they can't attack you without killing innocents.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-12-30, 02:40 PM
I'd suggest a Spellwarped Warlock / Ur-Priest / Eldritch Theurge with a dip in Entropist.

what is the bolded part from?

and what does it gain?

Grumman
2009-12-30, 02:44 PM
what is the bolded part from?

and what does it gain?
Monster Manual 3.

It's a template that gives you bonuses to a bunch of stats and spell resistance that lets you convert incoming spells into buffs.

JeenLeen
2009-12-30, 02:44 PM
Get the armour that lets you chain people to it. When you get hurt they take the damage instead. Instant Paladin/Good Cleric stopper, coz they can't attack you without killing innocents.

If that's the Armor of the Dread Emperor, with its accessories, from BoVD, that stuff is incredibly cheesey. It would work nice for a BBEG--especially if having to save those chained is part of the plot--but not good for a PC, if we're making a playable build.
And not subtle in evil. Evil incarnate has subtly problems as well.

Warlock or Wiz/Sorc to Ur-Priest sounds nice.

FoE
2009-12-30, 02:52 PM
I think you misread the part about the Vashara. Their whole hat, aside from a predilection for rape, is that they DON'T worship gods. Their race was abandoned by the gods as a failed attempt at a new race and the only reason they survived was because of Graz'zt. The point of every Vasharan's existence is to bring down the gods.

Also, I don't think mind flayers or drow are scared of the Vashara. They're pretty scary bastards in their own right.

hamishspence
2009-12-30, 02:57 PM
It gave several possibilities, not just Grazzt.

and yes, having one choose to worship a god would be unusual, though a cleric of a fiend, an ideal, or a cleric of a world-killing Elder Evil, might be more plausible in that context.

Grumman
2009-12-30, 02:57 PM
I think you misread the part about the Vashara.
And I think you misunderstand what an Ur-Priest actually is. An Ur-Priest doesn't worship gods, he steals from them. Bringing down the gods with their own weapons seems rather appropriate to the concept.

AirGuitarGod32
2009-12-30, 03:04 PM
I think you misread the part about the Vashara. Their whole hat, aside from a predilection for rape, is that they DON'T worship gods. Their race was abandoned by the gods as a failed attempt at a new race and the only reason they survived was because of Graz'zt. The point of every Vasharan's existence is to bring down the gods.

Also, I don't think mind flayers or drow are scared of the Vashara. They're pretty scary bastards in their own right.

Part1: got it

Part2: I know that. I meant as a frame of reference, not literally

and as for spellwarped, you neglected to mention a 3LA

FoE
2009-12-30, 03:08 PM
He said in his opening post that the Vashara worships a vile god. I'm aware that the Vashara steal divine energy from the gods, but they don't worship them.

hamishspence
2009-12-30, 03:12 PM
The phrasing was "A Vashara (describes Vashara scariness) who worships a Vile god"

rather than including "worship a vile god" in the description of general Vashar traits.

The name of the race is Vashar, an individual is a Vasharan, the plural is "a group of Vasharans"

I think here "worships a vile god" was referring to the individual.

If it had been the group as a whole, it would have been "who worship a vile god" inside the brackets.

FoE
2009-12-30, 03:28 PM
He said he wants to make a Vasharan character who worships an evil god. I pointed out that the Vasharan don't worship gods. In fact, that is their defining trait. Their whole culture is built around not worshipping gods. They practically hold big parades to celebrate their lack of worshipping gods. Floats are judged. People wear costumes. There are parties afterwards. When one Vasharan bumps into another on the street, he says "Greetings. Having a good not-god-worshipping day?" "Indeed," the other Vasharan replies, "what a wonderful godless day this is. Want to go rape someone?"

Was I mistaken? Did I referencing the wrong Book of Vile Darkness? Was the Vasharan culture retconned into a bunch of evil god-worshippers in BoVD Vol. 2? Vol. 3? The Collected Works of BoVD? Maybe they mention it on the DVD that came out last year? That five-part documentary series that aired on NBC? The summer blockbuster that came out in 2006 based on the BoVD? Did I miss the flyer? Was it mentioned at that five-week training seminar on updates to the BoVD that occured last fall?

If I said I wanted to make a dwarf character that has wings, eats mice and lays eggs, would someone here not say "Hey, wait, that's not what dwarves are supposed to do"? Or would you guys make a big deal over it? "Don't tell him what to do!" you shout. "Let him make a birdman dwarf! Who cares what the flavour text says? They're more or less guidelines anyways. My own games have been so much better since I turned all elves into guinea pigs in my campaign world. And halflings into moles."

hamishspence
2009-12-30, 03:35 PM
He said in his opening post that the Vashara worships a vile god. I'm aware that the Vashara steal divine energy from the gods, but they don't worship them.

I was answering this comment, by pointing out that he only said this particular Vashara, or rather Vasharan, happens to worship one- possibly due to being "brought up under its wing"

he's not talking about the Vashar as a whole, but one individual.

Hence, the fact that the Vashar culture has a taboo against deity-worship, is not quite so important.

Though if he's not using the "atypical Vasharan" concept, then that's fine- but it's not an impossibility.

sonofzeal
2009-12-30, 03:41 PM
If that's the Armor of the Dread Emperor, with its accessories, from BoVD, that stuff is incredibly cheesey. It would work nice for a BBEG--especially if having to save those chained is part of the plot--but not good for a PC, if we're making a playable build.
And not subtle in evil. Evil incarnate has subtly problems as well.

Does it have anything to do with this?

http://baby-armor.com/images/product-big.jpg

hamishspence
2009-12-30, 03:45 PM
Not exactly- the picture shows short chains, the children are standing a foot or two away from the Dread Emperor, and there are only a few chains.

Apparently he exists in 4E as well- he is mentioned in Manual of the Planes, in the Shadowfell section,

Sliver
2009-12-30, 03:45 PM
Paladin of Slaughter or Tyranny/Blackguard/Assassin

Wait.. I thought the CE variant was Paladin of Laughter.. What have I done? :smalleek:

Zaydos
2009-12-30, 03:49 PM
Wait.. I thought the CE variant was Paladin of Laughter.. What have I done? :smalleek:

Well if you happen to be the Joker... Then again when you are CE the thing most laughter is slaughter so what's the big difference?

Crafty Cultist
2009-12-30, 04:47 PM
Vasharans cannot be clerics. they hate all gods and their goal of deicide is what keeps them bound together as a society. if you want divine casting, go Ur-preist

And remember, Vasharans have no morality to speak of. nothing is too evil

hamishspence
2009-12-30, 04:53 PM
Could be a Vasharan not from the mainstream society on that high plateau.

Sure, the normal Vashar society hates all gods- but that doesn't mean aberrant enclaves of Vasharans can't exist.

That said, a normal Vasharan should probably be an Ur-priest, or a cleric of an archfiend- since they aren't deities, yet clerics of them exist.

Draken
2009-12-30, 05:43 PM
Frankly speaking, a Vasharan that does't follow the flavor text is just a human with a limitation on the bonus feat it can take (Any Vile feat instead of any feat period).

From what I recall anyway. Away from my books. But as I recall, statwise, Vasharan are humans that can only have vile feats as their bonus feat.

Either way, Ur-Priest is likely the best choice, prestige class wise. One of the evil paladin variants suffers of severe lack of subtlety, so my recomendations for a base classes would be... Warlock, Binder... Realms of Chaos' Xenotheurge would be an interesting option as well homebrew stuff (check with your DM) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103), it is not fully complete but very useable.

Optimystik
2009-12-30, 06:59 PM

You messed up; Eldritch Disciple is the divine one, not Eldritch Theurge.

hamishspence
2009-12-31, 06:22 AM
There are plenty of drow out there who "don't follow the flavor text on drow" without turning into Drizzt clones.

So why not Vasharans?

Sinfire Titan
2009-12-31, 05:47 PM
It gave several possibilities, not just Grazzt.

and yes, having one choose to worship a god would be unusual, though a cleric of a fiend, an ideal, or a cleric of a world-killing Elder Evil, might be more plausible in that context.

+1 for Elder Evils. Devote yourself to one, and get 5 bonus feats.

Sewblon
2009-12-31, 07:21 PM

You forgot to rape the puppy in front of the child.

Grumman
2010-01-01, 12:34 AM
You forgot to rape the puppy in front of the child.
That would just be gross. And give away your evilness before the big finale.

Callista
2010-01-01, 12:41 AM
Get the armour that lets you chain people to it. When you get hurt they take the damage instead. Instant Paladin/Good Cleric stopper, coz they can't attack you without killing innocents.Until the Cleric casts spells that only affect evil opponents. Or, y'know, his Wizard buddy goes Magic Missile on you... or they just turn the whole lot to stone, chip off the hostages and restore them, and display you as a statue in the local sewer system. Hostages = not foolproof.

Now, taking people's souls and holding those hostage... or using them as spell energy... Seriously, isn't that the ultimate evil? You can torture and kill all you like, and they'll just go to their respective afterlives; but if you destroy the soul, you're having a permanent effect.

Similarly, turning someone to evil has a huge effect; the more powerful the person, the more the effect. Don't make it your goal to kill your enemies; make it your goal to turn them to your side. What's more scary--a villain with a bunch of sniveling minions who are scared he's going to use their intestines for jump ropes, or a villain with a bunch of sniveling minions who used to be his most powerful enemies?

Zaq
2010-01-01, 07:15 PM
Necrocarnum is really, really, really, really evil. You're torturing (or arguably destroying) innocent souls for your own purposes. You can use it just fine without the Necrocarnate class, as well... that class is really hard to use in a useful manner (either it's brokenly good, or way weaker than just a straight-classed Incarnate. There's very little middle ground.) So yes, I recommend that you actually be an Evil Incarnate.

Of course, I really like Incarnum, so that's contributing to this. But still, check it out.

Xenogears
2010-01-01, 07:26 PM
Vasharans cannot be clerics. they hate all gods and their goal of deicide is what keeps them bound together as a society. if you want divine casting, go Ur-preist

And remember, Vasharans have no morality to speak of. nothing is too evil

Couldn't they be a cleric devoted to the ideal of deicide? That'd be so awesome!

Clause
2023-07-04, 10:24 AM
You can take the 1st level feat in FRCS, thahat makes you to be a extraplannar, and so, any class only to make the pre-reqs for the mostal hunter prestige class. And, at thecpoint you have mortal hunting power, go to improved favored enemy, viw of vengenhance, and things to improve the bonus.
You can use the last 5 levels to be a blackguard, or tactical soldier, or anything your perfid mind want to be

MaxiDuRaritry
2023-07-04, 11:10 AM
Does it have anything to do with this?

http://baby-armor.com/images/product-big.jpgWhat, an empty spoiler box?

loky1109
2023-07-04, 12:35 PM
What, an empty spoiler box?

I think it was an image once.

Yeah: http://baby-armor.com/images/product-big.jpg

Peelee
2023-07-04, 01:39 PM
The Mod on the Silver Mountain: I wouldn't call Thread Necromancy "evil incarnate", but it's not great.