PDA

View Full Version : Name to be decided

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 01:55 PM
You guys need a group name! Or you can figure it out IC, if you want

You all, recently having been adventuring in the surrounding wilderness, have all arrived at the quaint, seaside village of Estin. Estin is a peaceful town, built on the shore of a large bay that is connected to the ocean. Cut off from other cities by land routes, it has evolved into a popular resting place for sailors and a center of naval transport. You are all either on the docks, in the dockside shops, or in the tavern just in front of the Cecelia Marie. It is late in the evening, and quite dark out.

The Cecelia Marie is a large ship that is just pulling up to the docks. It is tied down and then a loud scream is heard, followed by another. And another. Large explosions are seen and a man who is on fire jump off of the ship and into the bay. People look up, worried. Some run towards the ship, armed, while others move away or hide. The gangplank is lowered and a robed man begins walking down. He holds a staff with a glowing red stone at the end. He doesn’t look around, but rather walks at a leisurely pace, slowly down to the docks.

Everyone

You are free to act.

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 03:12 PM
Drolyt wonders what is happening, but decides not to intervene until he knows what is happening. He calmly walks to a location where he can see what is going on without looking suspicious, casting shield and bull's strength just in case.
OOC: Shield is invisible, right?

aje8
2009-12-30, 03:13 PM
Vahe runs towards the ship weapon in hand. As he approaches the ship, he slows to ask a nearby person if they know what's going on inside the ship.

Vahe also feels Crisis sturring, presumably to scan the area.

OOC:

Use detect magic SLA at the ship and man walking from it. I (or Crisis) also have See the Unseen Up. Do I see any thing invisible and or magical?

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 03:23 PM
The man just laughs at all of the people at the bottom of the gangplank. "Well," he says, "Aren't you all scary?" He continues walking down, laughing quietly.

OOC:

Shield is invisible. The man, his staff, and several items on his person, including his robe, are magical. I don't remember if detect magic can go through walls and stuff, but I think it does. If so, several item's in the ship's cargo hold are magical.

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 03:33 PM
Worried about the strange man's actions, Drolyt scans the area for evil and then for magic, and attempts to identify the strength of any evil or magical auras.
OOC: If I remember correctly, detection magic can be blocked by certain materials like lead or very thick walls

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-30, 03:37 PM
Isaiah pulls out his spiked chain and readies himself for trouble.

OOC

If the man in the robes attacks us, Isaiah is going to try and hit him

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 03:53 PM
The man shakes his head and starts to rise slowly off of the ground, until he is about ten feet up. "Now, I was hoping that you guys would get out of my way. There's a person in this town that I'd like to... speak... to. No one else needs to be hurt." As he raises higher, the gem on the end of his staff starts to glow, and now you can get a clear look at him. The robes he wears are red and black, and are robes of Arcanus. Moreover, all of you know that he is on the Arcane Council from the pattern on the back.

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 03:58 PM
Drolyt checks to see if there are any distinctive marks, symbols, etc. he can identify the stranger with.
OOC:
Knowldege (Nobility and Royalty) [roll0]

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 04:11 PM
OOC (Drolyt)

Not really, you can only see his robes. His face is covered by the hood.

aje8
2009-12-30, 08:58 PM
Vahe steps forward from the crowd, weapon in hand. "Are you responsible for the chaos and destruction wrought upon that ship?" He said looking courageously, directly up, at the flying man.

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 10:18 PM
"I am indeed," he says. "But that doesn't really matter. Who are you, to be questioning a councilman of Arcanus?"

Several onlookers gasp and look around, for they had not recognized him by the robes.

aje8
2009-12-30, 10:38 PM
"It does not matter who I am nor does it matter what position you hold. What matters is that you have done wrong. It is my sworn duty to protect the innocent and punish the guilty. Thus, I reccomend you come with me to speak with the local authorities regarding your actions on the ship. If you don't, things may get less than pleasant. "

OOC:

Diplomacy Check to get the mage to come quietly:[roll0]

If the mage is flying 15 ft or less in the air, then I can attack him from current position. Thus, I'll ready an action to attack him via trip attempt if he takes on offensive action of any kind.

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 10:47 PM
Councilman? This challenger is either an idiot, or extremely powerful. Nevertheless, he is correct. If this man is responsible for death's aboard that ship he must be brought to justice. Drolyt walks up to them calmly, using his quarterstaff as a walking stick. I am afraid I concur with this man. If you are responsible for some crimes aboard that ship you must be brought to the authorities. Drolyt tries to reason with the mysterious man.
OOC:
Diplomacy 1d20+17

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 10:50 PM
OOC:
Messed up the roll. Diplomacy [roll0]

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 10:52 PM
He just laughs and begins to wave his hands and cast a spell. "Good luck, ignorant ones."

OOC:

Diplomacy failed. Your readied action occurs.

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 10:59 PM
ooc:
Guess I should roll initiative. [roll0]

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 11:09 PM
OOC:

I though tI put this in the original 16, but we're using the honor system. Just roll a die at home. It's faster and easier and doesn't clog up the thread.

aje8
2009-12-30, 11:21 PM
"So be it."

In Vahe's Mind: I have a trick that could be very well swing this fight our way.
Vahe: I perfer not to engage your dark tactics. They have a tendancy to get people killed.
Crisis: We'll see if you're so high and mighty when you're DYING. HEHEHEHEHE.

Touch attack needed to attempt a trip attempt: 29
Strength Check to trip him (if the touch attack hits): 15

Init: 16

FlamingKobold
2009-12-30, 11:47 PM
The mage immediately falls to the ground, landing on the gangplank with a dull thud. His spell interrupted by the fall, he stands up and glares, saying, "You'll pay for that. All of you."

OOC:

Init 14. Someone want to role for absent people, just to see if we can go? Or, actually, Isiah says he's just attacking, so I can take that.

aje8
2009-12-30, 11:53 PM
OOC:

I don't know the Initiative mods for the absent players. But.... most of them aren't in the combat yet. They're sitting on the side lines doing various things. So why would they get an initative roll now? Wouldn't they get one when they join the combat?

Drolyt
2009-12-30, 11:55 PM
[Well assuming Isiah doesn't get higher than 17, I guess that's my go]. Drolyt invokes arcane gestures and utterances and grows to twice his normal size. [Enlarge person]

Koretsu
2009-12-30, 11:58 PM
A man dressed in plain clothes and wearing copper-red hair steps out from the crowds to the forefront of the docks. He is unarmed and unarmored, yet he stands before the mage with a look of cold determination. Anger glints in his violet eyes as he looks over the destruction this man has caused in such a short time.

"Your thoughtless destruction will end on this dock, mage. You're outnumbered. If you will not listen to reason, you will be put down."

Initiative [roll0]
Diplomacy [roll1]
Spellcraft (To identify the mage's spell) [roll2]

(Note: Due to his ability to use it as will, assume Marius is using Detect Magic at all times)

EDIT: Oooh! Two 17's. Should we compare Dex scores? :smallwink:

EDITEDIT: Sheet posted (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175553) for ease of reference.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 12:04 AM
[Your dex beats mine. I change size after you do whatever you do. Here's my sheet. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175606) We should post them all on the OOC forum. In fact, FK should probably put them in the initial post for ease of reference.]

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 12:08 AM
OOC:

1. we use OOC spoilers too much. THere's on OOC thread for a reason...

2. his spell failed, but you can apply that to his next one.

3. COMBAT!!! Sorry...

4. Diplomacy fails.

SteveUnicorn
Isaiah takes a swing at the mage with his spiked chain

Readied action: Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

Here is my sheet
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175556

Edit: Yeah, move into position to hit.

Koretsu
With the mage prone and spouting threats? I'll set a readied action to attack if I detect the mage doing anything with his magic.

EDIT: Move action to close the distance, of course.

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 12:18 AM
Order:
Isaiah: 18
Marius: 17a
Drolyt: 17b
Vahe: 16
High dexterity but unlucky antagonist: 14

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 12:31 AM
Isaiah readies an action to strike if the mage begins to cast a spell.

Edit: Probably a long shot but did the last attack hit?

aje8
2009-12-31, 12:34 AM
A got a 16 not a 14 for init.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 12:36 AM

[Brilliant, so what are you doing? :)]

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 12:36 AM

OOC
It's still your turn. ;)

aje8
2009-12-31, 12:37 AM
Ok, 3 my granted manuvers are:
Foehammer
Crusader's Stirke
Douse the Flames.

So, Vahe will attack the mage with Foehammer for 2d4+4+2d6 damage if it hits.

Attack Roll: 16
Damage(if it hits): 17

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 12:58 AM
Isaiah's attack barely misses the man, cutting his robes. Vahe comes up and his attack connects with the man's shoulder. He let's out a gasp of pain from the blow. "You'll pay for this," he says. He begins muttering and waving his arms.

Readied actions to disrupt occur now

Koretsu
The spell is greater invisibility

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 01:00 AM
Isaiah shakes his head. "You asked for it."

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 01:07 AM
"You're magics won't save you, murderer."

Marius lets loose a swift blow to the man's head with the heel of his foot, which blazes with dark purple energy just before it connects.

Hideous Blow (Unarmed Strike)
(NOTE: Prone targets have -4 to AC vs. melee attacks)
Attack:
Confirmation: (If applicable) [roll1]
Damage: [roll]1d8+2d6+2
(Note: Attack counts as bludgeoning, magic and cold iron damage for the purposes of damage reduction)

EDIT: Bah. Should have thought that damage roll script through better...

*pulls up dice roller*

Roll(2d6)+0:
3,2,+0
Total:5

Roll(1d8)+2:
6,+2
Total:8

13 damage, total.

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:12 AM
The spell is interrupted by both a spiked chain ripping through his leg and an eldritch shot to his temple. His head crumple a bit and bleeds profusely as do the gashes on his shoulder and leg. His body falls completely to the ground, unmoving. His staff rolls off of the gangplank and into the bay as his hood falls, revealing his face. A quick scan reveals that this man is not unconcious; he's dead.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:14 AM
Perhaps we went a little overboard? I would have rather taken him in for questioning than kill him outright. Oh well. We need to see if we can help with the situation on the ship.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 01:15 AM
"Well, hopefully this doesn't come back to bite us. I'm going to go see if there is anyone alive on the boat. Hopefully, he didn't kill many."

Isaiah puts his chain away and begins to look for survivors.

aje8
2009-12-31, 01:17 AM
OOC:

Call me an advneturer, but I'm interested in looting the body. Now that he's defeated, what specifically, were the glwoing magical items on his person?

"His death, though regretable, was likley neccasary. Also, that staff was magical in nature. If someone not wearing full plate would retrieve it, we can perhaps puzzle out what this villian was doing here."

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:18 AM
No matter how thoroughly you search the ship, you find that there are no survivors. There are incinerated remnants of people, at best. Some have been reduced to a small pile of ash.

Edit: The staff and his necklace.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:19 AM
I'll see what I can discern. Don't touch it untill you know it's not trapped. [Casts Detect Magic]

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 01:21 AM
"Does anyone recognize this man? I am not very familier with the mages. Not many get out to my lords domain."

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:23 AM
I'll Check. [Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0] Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) [roll1]]

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:28 AM
People with detect magic:

His satff nd necklace are magical. There is also at least one magical item in the ship's cargo hold

Drolyt:

You recognize him. His name is Elris Weist. He's an acquaintance of your father's. He's quite evil. And somewhat important in Arcanus, so there is a significant chance of the largest arcane organization in the world prosecuting you for murder.This is why I was so interested in your backstory, by the way.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 01:28 AM
"Regrettable. But justice is done."

Marius initially thinks to check the boat for survivors, but pauses at Vahe's suggestion. "It would not do well for any of the mage's magic to leak into the surrounding bay. I'll retrieve the staff."

Marius removes his tunic and shoes, scans the water with detect magic, and dives in hoping to find the staff (and hoping to pass a swim check. I'll take 10.)

Swim check (take 10): 12

EDIT: Before he dives in, he also removes his belt and backpack, and passes them to Vahe. "Would you kindly hold these for me? There are scrolls I'd rather not see get wet."

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:29 AM
Brilliant, I remember this guy. He was somewhat important and now Arcanus probably has a vendetta against us. Which is bad, cause this guy was sad to say pathetically weak by Arcanus' standards.

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:31 AM
You manage to succeed at the DC 0 swim check of wading into 4 feet of water. You manage to get the staff out, and ,as you pick it up, you can feel that it is quite powerful.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 01:34 AM
OOC: That was one hell of a dive. >.>

Marius pulls himself out of the water, staff in hand. He's focusing detect magic on it to discern what he can, while letting the water drip off him before he dons his gear again.

Spellcraft to identify the school of magic most powerful within the staff (DC 15+spell level).

[roll0]

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 01:36 AM
"Hmm...Well we might want to take what we need and get out of here. Is there anything else we need around here?"

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 01:40 AM
OOC: Obvious failure on the roll. Going ahead to describe my next action.

Marius sighs, and shakes his head. "These magics are beyond me." He turns back to the man in heavy armor he handed his belongings to. "Would you hand me that scroll case, there? The one with the Elvish lettering, not the draconic. Thank you."

Using Scroll of Identify on the staff.
Use Magic Device (DC 21): [roll0]

If it fails, assume I retry the following round.
([roll1])

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:42 AM
Drolyt:

It's not that he was super powerful. He was important because of backstabbing, lies, murder, theft and your father

Koretsu: You don't know what the school is, but you know (after a few rounds) that it has a strong aura.

After Identify scroll: It has three functions:

1. Sending, at will, to anywhere in Arcanus.
2. Increase caster levels for arcane abilities by 2.
3. Can greater teleport, at will, but only to Arcanus.

Only functions for arcane spellcasters.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:43 AM
I agree with the furry guy. We should leave. By the way, I'm Drolyt. [Dismisses Enlarge person, but leaves the other spells on just in case.]

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 01:45 AM
"Hello, my name is Isaiah. So, onward?"

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:46 AM
Good to meet you. We should wait for the others, if they want to come. Might as well stick this out together, since that's how we got into it.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 01:49 AM
"Quite true. Alone we would probably get caught. At least if we are together we have a chance of keeping the Mages off our back."

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 01:49 AM
Marius looks up from the staff he's been examining, and nods in greeting. "Marius. I'm an acolyte of Saint Cuthbert. It's an honor to meet so many people willing to stand up to a mage in the name of justice." He returns to his mutterings on the staff (which he will share with the group once I finish casting Identify).

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:52 AM
As you talk about one of the most influential organizations in the world wanting to hunt you down, several villagers back away slowly. Others are still crowded around the dock, both awed by the battle that took place and wary of the dead body.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:54 AM
Turns to the crowd. All of you should probably get out of here. You don't need to be implicated in anything or get involved with our problems. We'll leave you soon enough.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 01:54 AM
After Identify scroll: It has three functions:

1. Sending, at will, to anywhere in Arcanus.
2. Increase caster levels for arcane abilities by 2.
3. Can greater teleport, at will, but only to Arcanus.

Only functions for arcane spellcasters.

Marius relays this information to the party.

"He was definitely an agent of Arcanus. Spy's aren't usually this... overt, though... Are they?"

Marius furls his brow in distaste at the situation.

OOC: Does the staff boost Eldrich Blast? >.>

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 01:57 AM
Koretsu:

Yes. +1d6

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 01:59 AM
Spy? I don't think that's quite right. He was obviously on a mission, that staff's powers are very specific. I don't know why he would kill all those people though, it seems so... unnecessary. By the way, his name was Elris Weist, if that helps any. At any rate I can't use the item due to my vows, and we probably can't sell it without arousing suspicion. Keep it if you can use it.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 02:01 AM
"Is there anything else around here we should take with us? I'm getting antsy."

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:04 AM
I agree with Isaiah. We should leave soon before the whole town comes to see what we are doing.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 02:05 AM
Marius nods in agreement with Isaiah. "We shouldn't linger here. We're drawing attention, and not just from the locals. We need to find somewhere to hide until things die down. Any ideas?"

aje8
2009-12-31, 02:08 AM
"I'm Vahe. Agreed. Let us leave with all haste. I have no knowledge of this town and thus I have no idea where we could hide."

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 02:12 AM
"Neither do I. However at this point I feel like any place is better than here."

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:14 AM
How about those mountains in the distance?

aje8
2009-12-31, 02:15 AM
Then let's simply go." Vahe begins walking towards the edge of the town.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 02:16 AM
Isaiah pulls his cloak over his head and follows Vahe. He checks behind him every now and again to see if anyone is following

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:17 AM
Drolyt follows, meanwhile trying to think of a good plan.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 02:19 AM
Marius redresses and follows. He carries the staff along with him, using it as a walking stick. "Normally, I'd argue that we'd have a better chance if we went our separate ways, but it seems every one of us is rather formidable... Perhaps our only chance to survive this is if we stick together."

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 02:21 AM
"I agree. I'm not to proud to say that I believe I would be in trouble alone. Hopefully no one was monitoring that mage. Hopefully none of those villagers heard our names."

aje8
2009-12-31, 02:22 AM
Yes. A group of powerful and (based in everyone's actions back there) noble individuals is a group that Ill gladly work with. Between that and the potential risks of traveling alone.... The choice is obvious."

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:22 AM
[To Marius]That might not be enough. This guy had powerful friends, friends who can manipulate the higher ups in Arcanus. Our best hope is that that they didn't identify us, or at least that it takes them a while.
[To Vahe]I concur. You all seem just.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 02:23 AM
Marius grimaces. "The names we spoke openly to each other as a crowd gathered around us?"

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 02:23 AM
The four of you, guided by tourchlight, walk through the night towards the mountains. The trip itself is uneventful, and no villagers follow, afraid of your abilities. You reach the mountains and have three choices. You can stay away from them, and walk along the edge, you can go through a mountain pass, or you can enter the abandoned mine shaft at the end of the trail you took to get there.

Edit: this isn't cutting off conversation, just presenting options, as I might need to get off soon.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:26 AM
Laughs.Right. If we are lucky they'll have to interrogate the villagers, what I meant was I hope they didn't identify us immediately with magic.

aje8
2009-12-31, 02:28 AM
"Ok, from here I suggest we enter this tunnel. It should provide us shelter from the elements and we can rest for the tonight. Tommorow, we should worry about sheilding ourselves from the divinations of these wizards."

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 02:31 AM
"Hmm, that is probably our best course of action. We should probably take turns at watch in case any of the guards look for us. I'd rather not spill any more blood today."

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 02:31 AM
"That's the best plan we've got, I think. We'll need to be cautious, though. Abandoned caves like these can hold unpleasant surprises."

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:32 AM
I'm not worried about the weather, but your plan sounds good nonetheless. I agree we need to set up a watch.

Koretsu
2009-12-31, 02:36 AM
"I can take first watch. My travels have been light today. Besides, I'd like to keep an eye on this," he holds up the staff "in case there's more magic to it than I first realized. Last thing we need is someone scrying us through a discarded weapon."

aje8
2009-12-31, 02:36 AM
"Ill take 2nd watch."

I'm going to bed IRL now. Logging off for the night.

SteveUnicorn
2009-12-31, 02:40 AM
"I'll take third watch then."

OOC: I am going to sleep as well. Good first day.

Drolyt
2009-12-31, 02:42 AM
I'll take final watch, since I need uninterrupted sleep to regain my magical abilities. Drolyt goes to bed in game and real life.

FlamingKobold
2009-12-31, 03:33 PM
Less than half an hour after you get into the mine shaft, breezes pick up and you see menacing clouds over the ocean. They move inland, and soon enough, a fully formed storm is underway. It interrupts your sleep with both lights and sounds, and some water enters your mineshaft. You easily change positions to a slightly higher location, but it's still quite annoying. Because of the storm, very few creatures are out and about, meaning that the night passes rather uneventfully for the watchmen. By morning, the storm still hasn't let up, and it's barely lighter out. You can't see much of the ouside world because of fog, torrential rain, and a solid grey cloud cover.

Koretsu
2010-01-01, 01:23 AM
Marius stands at the mine's entrance, watching the rain pour down. "Well, on the bright side, no one's likely going to be able to track us with this storm. But I'm not sure I'd want to risk crossing the mountains in this weather. We could try making our way further through the mine. With a little luck, we can find a tunnel that will lead us straight through the mountain, rather than trying to go over or around it. Without a little luck, we'll likely drown in a flooded mine shaft. Or, we could try and take advantage of this opportunity for some misdirection. We were seen by the villagers heading towards the mountains... Perhaps doubling back and heading in a different direction under the cover of this storm would be the best course of action... Anyone have any suggestions?"

EDIT: That reminds me... Did we ever take a look at the mage's necklace or whatever was in the ship?

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 01:47 AM
I don't think staying in the mines or trying to get through them in this storm is a good idea. We could try the mountains, but I think doubling back is the best plan.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-01, 02:08 AM
Koretsu, OOC:

No, you did not. I found it peculiar too

Koretsu
2010-01-01, 02:09 AM
OOC
Eep... Can we ret-con it a smidge? I didn't go on the boat, but can we at least say I took a look at the necklace? >.>

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 02:23 AM
[OOC: What's this about a necklace? I don't remember one ever even being mentioned...] [Edit: Found it. You should have mentioned it somewhere other than an edit that didn't make sense grammatically.:smallsmile:]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-01, 02:31 AM
OOC:

Why don't we use the OOC thread for OOC? I am so confused. The dude had a magic staff and a magic necklace, and there was magic stuff in the ship's cargo hold. You took the staff and left... :smallsmile:

Koretsu
2010-01-01, 02:33 AM
OOC:

Why don't we use the OOC thread for OOC? I am so confused. The dude had a magic staff and a magic necklace, and there was magic stuff in the ship's cargo hold. You took the staff and left... :smallsmile:

OOC:
:frown:

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 02:40 AM
Drolyt stands up straight and prepares to leave.I suppose we should get going before the storm gets worse and we can't get out at all?

Koretsu
2010-01-01, 02:55 AM
"Perhaps so. Still, do we have an idea as to where we should go?"

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 03:09 AM
Well we don't know how bad the storm will get, but our best bet seems to be to go through the forest to the nearest town.

Koretsu
2010-01-01, 03:29 AM
"Probably... Though to be fair, if we've truly made such a powerful enemy, nothing is a safe bet anymore... Do you know anything about Arcanus? I only know what few rumors managed to reach the monastery I trained in."

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 03:32 AM
Drolyt tells the party some of what he knows.

aje8
2010-01-01, 05:13 PM
"Look, we can't simply run from Arcanus. Powerful as they may be, we need to find a way to continue our lives. I reccomend we seek an unaffiliated Arcanist to perhaps grant us some protection from their Divinations. In that vein, I reccomend we head towards the neasrest town. (barring the one we left of course)"

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 05:32 PM
Looks around warily.I suppose... we could try that. Doesn't that staff allow you too contact people in Arcanus? [Gives them the names of anyone Drolyt can think of who might help them.] We need, above all else, information. I know some powerful people will try to avenge this guy, but we need to know how far they've gone. Are we considered criminals, and is there any way to stall or appeal that decision.

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 06:31 PM
Okay Marius, contact [gives name of contact from Eires Shol]. Say you are contacting on my behalf, but don't tell them why immediately. What happened may not be common knowledge, find out if it is, and if so what is happening. In fact, find out if anything unusual is going on even if they don't know what happened. I think we can probably trust them, but we don't know what they've been told. So yeah I guess open by just asking if anything unusual is going on, try to pry useful knowledge out of them naturally.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-01, 10:23 PM
"Something has been troubling me since we left. He mentioned that he was looking for someone in the village. Perhaps we should try and find this person and warn them. I'd rather not have more innocent blood on my hands."

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 10:26 PM
Drolyt smacks his head.How in the name of Celestia and the Seven Heavens did I miss that? Perhaps we should check the village first, but we've wasted precious time coming this way. We might receive a less then warm welcome, if not because our enemies have already acted then at least because we ran off without explaining anything. Although, I wouldn't discount the possibility it was one of us. As far as I can tell, our group, although formed out of thin air and necessity, constitutes the most powerful individuals who were in that town at the time.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-01, 10:33 PM
Isaiah nods and runs his hands through his mane."Well, thats assuming an awful lot. He didn't seem to recognize any of us. Of course he might not have had a very good look at us because we killed him rather fast. I'm worried that we are missing something big. Plus we might be able see if we missed anything."

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 10:46 PM
Drolyt rests his hand on a rock, as if it were a habit to help him think. You are probably correct, he got a good look at us all before the fight began. It is possible he did not recognize one of us, although I doubt that applies to you. It's just if there were someone in this town important enough for him to slaughter a ship's worth of people and start a riot just to get to him we probably should have noticed.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-01, 11:02 PM
"Subtlety wasn't his strong suit. Perhaps we could take advantage of this weather and go into the town under cover.

aje8
2010-01-01, 11:09 PM
"You make a strong argument. That person's life is quite possibly in danger. However, what would we disguise ourselves with? Also, does anybody here have any skill at disguises? I certiantly don't."

Drolyt
2010-01-01, 11:13 PM
First we need information, once Marius makes that call we can come up with a more specific plan. As for disguises, I do not, and even if I did I would need something to disguise myself as. It would be pretty difficult for Isaiah to disguise himself anyways. At any rate with the whether we might yet sneak in unnoticed. Does anyone have any trusted acquaintances in that town, or were we all strangers?

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-01, 11:16 PM
"I doubt that we'll need to worry much. This weather is going to keep most people off the streets. I can keep my hood up and muddy it up some more. I agree that we need to hear more information from Arcanus. Maybe they will know who we should be looking for."

Koretsu
2010-01-02, 01:41 AM
"I can make the attempt to contact this person in Arcanus... Though any divinations I use might be turned back against us. Especially if we use their tools to do it. You're probably right about the person in town, however. Though something I should mention: That mage was casting an invisibility spell when he died. He could have slipped in unnoticed. That he chose not to tells us a great deal. He wanted to be seen. This whole situation worries me."

Marius looks at each of the party members in turn.

"I think before we move again, I think we need to know exactly where we stand. If you have any particular skills or talents, now would be the time to share them. Also, if you have any organizations or affiliations, whether they'd be able to aid or hinder us, we should know.

As for myself, I've been trained by the monks of Saint Cuthbert. I can fight armed and unarmed equally well, and I've also been taught some of the basic principles of diplomacy. In addition, I have some raw talent with magic that I can use to augment my capabilities. The clerics in the temple were never quite willing to call what I did 'spells', but they are magical. I've studied a little about magic myself, and can sense the flow of it around me. It also allows me to manipulate magical items somewhat intuitively."

He nods. "That's it for me. Who's next?"

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-02, 02:09 AM
"My lord Gilroy could possibly help us. However I'm supposed to be gathering funds for him.

Isaiah pulls out his spiked chain and shows it to the group

This is mainly what I'm good at. I've been training with this for close to 10 years. It's a weapon passed down through my ancestors. I can move around the battlefield very well and I'm not bad on a horse. My social skills are lacking but I'm pretty darn good in a fight. Heck I can even shoot a bow pretty well. My order teaches me honor, and I like to abide by it."

aje8
2010-01-02, 11:21 AM
"I am a fromer student of the School of the Holy Way and I have substanital skill with it. In addition I'm quite good with a Guisarme, espicallly tripping." Said Vahe, brandishing his the spear-like polearm. "I'm competent in negotiations and in social situations."

Drolyt
2010-01-02, 11:43 AM
As for myself, I am an exile, and I'm not fond of revealing more than that. I was born with arcane power coursing through my veins, and use it to enhance my combat abilities. I learned combat from an old martial arts master so I too may fight either armed or unarmed. I also have some training as a Paladin. My vow of poverty keeps me from owning anything besides the clothes on my back and this walking stick, but I receive great power in return. I have extensive training in diplomacy and knowledge of religion, the arcane, and the nobility.

Koretsu
2010-01-02, 05:37 PM
Marius nods to Drolyt when he's done.

"That knowledge could well save us... Now, about this sending, I foresee an immediate problems with it - the communication would likely be one-way, as to reply, they would have to cast sending in response. But we are not in Arcanus, so unless your contact has some spells of their own to speak with us, an answer will likely not be immediate. That said, it's probably still our best option to find where we stand... Are you sure, however, you do not want to contact this person yourself?"

Drolyt
2010-01-03, 12:42 AM
I suppose I will make the communication then. Sighs, then does so.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 12:52 AM
You get an immediate reply of: "Drolyt? Is that you? Not anything too out of place. Why? What's wrong?" Drolyt can hear it, as can any adjacent allies.

Drolyt
2010-01-03, 12:55 AM
Drolyt asks if Elris Weist has been up to anything no good.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 01:02 AM
"He always is, isn't he? I'm not sure, I don't talk to the folks from the thasti sylia university. I could find out if needed."

OOC:

Exactly 25 words. Nice. Could you say the exact message that you send?

Drolyt
2010-01-03, 01:04 AM
Contacts them again. That would be great, actually. Also any news at all would be good, even if it seems insignificant. Can't tell you why. It is important.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 01:31 AM
"Alright. I'll do my best to find out. I will contact you in the next two hours."

You have some time to do whatever before he contacts you again. What do you do?

Drolyt
2010-01-03, 01:36 AM
I say we head towards the village while we wait for a response/

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-03, 01:54 AM
"Hmm, I agree with Drolyt. Lets use the weather to our advantage"

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 02:00 AM
DM Fiat: They agree. They've already done so on the previous page, and i sincerely doubt that they would object.

Drolyt
2010-01-03, 02:03 AM
ooc:
Agreed.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-03, 02:13 AM
Onward then. Isaiah packs up his things and begins to get ready for the journey into the village. He pulls his cloak over his head.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 02:16 AM
You set off through the storm, cloaks covering your heads. You keep very close, so as to not get separated and lost as you stumble in the direction that you think is correct. Visibility is poor and the path wasn't well-defined to begin with. Despite this, you arrive at the northern edge of town, the dockside tavern, safely and together. You can get into the tavern or find a more low profile location.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 02:22 AM
OOC:

I'm off for the night, sorry

Drolyt
2010-01-05, 01:03 AM
I believe I asked this before, but I don't recall the answer. I am a stranger here, do any of you know anywhere in town we can go to hide and get information? Like a friend's house or something? Otherwise we should go to a tavern, standing out in the rain won't do us any good.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-06, 07:49 PM
"Unfortunately I really didn't know anybody in town. I vote for the tavern"

FlamingKobold
2010-01-07, 06:28 PM
You enter the tavern, drenched and cold. The barmaid looks up, surprised that anyone would be still arriving in this weather. As soon as you put your cloaks down and reveal yourselves, she recognizes you and gasps. "Oh, um, hello!" she says, stumbling over a greeting. There are several others in the tavern who are staying there overnight. The majority of them recognize you. Many stop playing darts or cards, and your entrance prompts significant whispering. "What can I get for you?" the barmaid asks.

Drolyt
2010-01-07, 06:34 PM
Information would be nice. What has been happening since the incident at the dock?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-07, 09:41 PM
One sailor speaks up: "We put the body into the harbor and gave all the deceased on the boat a sailor's funeral. Then the storrm moved in and we came here. But that's hardly the point. I don't think you people need questions answered, we do. Now, who the hell was that guy?" Several others are nodding in agreement and several speak up. "Why did he kill those people?" "Who are you?" "Was he really from Arcanus?" "Why did you bring this curse unto our town? Now Arcanus will blame us!" It gets louder and louder, with many people glaring at you. The barmaid looks distressed, and tries to get everyone to settle down.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-07, 11:25 PM
"Your concerns are justified but slightly misguided. We stopped him from doing any more damage. In fact, he was coming for someone in town. So the more that you can help us, the more we can help you. We were in the right place in the wrong time. We never wanted the bloodshed."

Drolyt
2010-01-08, 12:34 AM
Drolyt sighs. To be fair, we probably shouldn't have killed him. But I can assure you all you won't be blamed for anything. If I have to I'll take full responsibility myself, or else intervene to protect you. As for who he was, he was indeed from Arcanus but we are still trying to figure out why he did what he did. He mentioned he was looking for someone, and we need to know who that is. Otherwise we may not be able to help you. Help us or not, you're choice, but we are on your side. After all if this person is still here you all might be in danger unless we help you first.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-08, 04:04 PM
"How do we know he wasn't after one of you?" A sailor asks, "Then you are responsible for his death and the deaths of those he killed to get to you. We'll get hunted down by Arcanus and it's all your fault!" Many others, who hadn't sonsidered this occurrence start nodding and glaring.

Drolyt
2010-01-08, 06:45 PM
Actually, we had considered that possibility. But we tried to talk him down before we fought him, if he was looking for one of us he should have recognized him before we fought. At any rate whoever he was looking for is most certainly not responsible for the deaths he caused. I can promise you that you will not come under the wrath of Arcanus, and that I for my part will do everything in my power to aid you. To prove to you that I am no deceiver I will show you this, a token that I am aligned with the Eladrin and the Lords of the Upper Planes. Drolyt activates his Nimbus of Light and Holy Radiance abilities.

Koretsu
2010-01-10, 03:45 AM
"Agreed. We will do anything in our power to prevent our actions from coming back to harm this town, but if we had not acted on the docks, you'd have likely had to bury a good deal many more today. If I have any regrets about our actions last night, it is that we were not able to prevent more senseless deaths at the hands of that mage. I give you my word, however, that we will find out what he was after, who sent him, and why. But to do that, we need to ask for your help. Please, even the smallest details might help. What became of the ship the mage arrived on? Where did it come from? Is there anyone of particular prominence here that Arcanus might seek out? Are there any well known mages here that might know something?"

Diplomacy check: [roll0]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-10, 11:29 AM
One man, who looks like he has some sort of authority over the others stands up and walks towards you. "Don't worry, I believe you," he says, "We are but a small town, there are very few of us who have even seen magic, much less know how to use it. And I can't think of anyone here who might be thought of as important, I think that's why my fellow citizens assumed it was you. As for the ship... We don't know where it came from, it's records were destroyed in the storm. As for its current whereabout, we don't know, it wasn't fully tied down and when the winds picked up, it must have drifted off to sea. Of this I'm not certain because most everyone has been inside for the majority of this storm, but it's certainly not on the docks now."

Drolyt
2010-01-10, 11:53 AM
Deactivates Nimbus of Light and Holy Radiance. So the ship has left... that is not very good news. At any rate we are not certain he was not after us, it just seems to me that he would have said something before fighting us. Surely if he knew anything of us he would have known he couldn't win. Were there any other travelers here recently? Surely a port attracts all manner of strange people, are there no records to this effect?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-10, 12:03 PM
"What are you talking about in the way of recent?" We get at least fifty or so sailors in here every day, but they almost always leve within a week. Permanent residents, however, are quite rare. The last one we had was an herbalist who dabbled in magic, but he died at least a month ago. Could he be who they were after?"

Drolyt
2010-01-10, 12:19 PM
It's possible. I guess recent would be anyone who was here when that man attacked. I suppose we will just have to wait until we receive a response, we are expecting some intel soon.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-11, 10:32 PM
"Alright, sounds like a plan," says the sailor. "And when you figure out what happened, make sure you punish the bastards responsible. Many of those that died yesterday were friends of mine, and I want justice to be served." He nods at you in approval, then he and the rest of the sailors turn back to what they were doing.

The barmaid walks up to Drolyt and says, "If you're interested in staying, we have two rooms open for if you'd rather not sstay out here. On the house, if you want."

aje8
2010-01-13, 08:07 PM
Turning to his party members, the (due to my absence) silent Crusader speaks, "I vote we stay here for the night. Sleeping out in the cold is unpleasant and it would be rude to ignore such compliance and hospitality."

Drolyt
2010-01-13, 08:11 PM
For my part I agree, though I am not used to such generosity.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-15, 05:32 PM
"We'd be pleased to have you. Think of it as thanks for saving us from that mage," the barmaid says, smiling. She takes two keys out and puts them on the bar, not sure of who to give them to.

Koretsu
2010-01-15, 05:58 PM
Marius thanks the girl and then turns to his companions.

"So where do we go from here? Wait for morning and hope our friend in Arcanus turns up something? Personally, I'd like to find out what happened to the ship that the mage arrived on."

Drolyt
2010-01-15, 06:06 PM
Hmm... shouldn't take that long for a response. I suppose we might as well do some investigating first.
[ooc: What time is it in game?]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-16, 12:13 AM
OOC:

Around midday, but the sky is totally dark, so you can barely tell. You contacted your buddy about two hours ago.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-17, 11:38 PM
"Well, lets see if we can find any evidence on the docks, hopefully they can get back to us soon. Maybe we will see somebody at the docks that knows something."

aje8
2010-01-18, 11:52 AM
"Aside from the Docks, we have basically no leads so that would seem like the obvious choice to investigate. Let's go."

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 12:13 PM
Drolyt nods. To the Docks it is.
[ooc It just occurred to me, but the storm isn't so loud that we wouldn't be able to hear our friend contacting us is it?]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 07:44 PM
You make your way back out into the storm, rain pounding on your cloaks, thunder rumbling overhead, and flashes of lightning being the only giver of visibility. You trudge out to the docks, despite barely being able to see five feet in front of you. As you reach the area in which Elris' body used to lay, Drolyt almost steps on a small bottle with a note inside. The bottle has a cork and the note inside is completely dry.

If you take it inside/under a cloak and read it.

The note says:

"Dos oolos inbal venoch. Nin dos zhal tlu sila've ulu waer'honglath.

-Elris Weist"

Those who can speak draconic:

Translated, this means "You fools have murdered. Now you shall be brought to justice"

Whoever reads the note first (Drolyt, unless he specifically gives it to someone else)

You feel a strange wave of heat go through your body, from your head to your feet, then it is gone. You know, for some unidentifiable reason, that this was caused by magic

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 08:05 PM
Drolyt picks up the note and reads it, without giving it a second thought. I think we might be in trouble. Drolyt shows them the note and casts Bull's strength, Enlarge Person, and Shield if he has time.
[ooc Drolyt can read Draconic. Also from now on don't let me forget to buff before we so much as walk out the door.]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 08:35 PM
Drolyt OOC:

Gotcha :smalltongue:

Is that the order you cast them in? You only have 2 rounds of prep

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 08:54 PM
[OOC: Well, I would normally cast Enlarge Person first since for some odd reason it takes 1 round to cast. Then Bull's Strength and then Shield, but if I get interrupted I wouldn't bother with shield. It shouldn't affect most fights.]

aje8
2010-01-18, 10:04 PM
Vahe looks extremely perplexed by note. Then suddenly, red runs into his eye. The demon appears to Vahe mentally. It says: "You idiots killed a man under protection. As much as I'm a fan of wanton murder and chaos, you've endangered my body." The mental image of the demon smiles as a cage forms around Vahe.

Eyes totally red now, Crisis/Vahe scans the area with See the Unseen and Detect Magic. He strains his eyes to see through the pounding rain for anything out of the ordinary.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 10:14 PM
Vahe:

Fun stuff. Here's a list.

About 30 skeletons underwater holding scimitars. They are walking from the bottom of the bay directly towards you.

You also "see" 2 contingent spells centered on your location, and another directly behind you (away from the bay)

2 faint auras are out in the middle of the bay.

And, last but not least, about 60 feet away from you, you see a moderate aura coming from an object at the bottom of the bay.

aje8
2010-01-18, 10:28 PM
Crisis looks genuinely worried for a moment, then annoyed. "Idiot." He mutters under his breath as he throws a blast of demonic fire at a skeleton, running to the piece of the dock just over the water as he does so.

OOC: (Other players don't read this BTW I mention stuff you shouldn't know)

Assuming they're in range and I can see them well enough to hit them, I'll hit a skeleton with an Eldtrich Blast.

Ranged Touch Attack:
Damage: [roll]2d6<- Sorry, I'm away from the dice at the moment. Roll fail. Online Dice Roller: 7

Then, I'll move forward to the front of the bay such that I'll be able to reach the skeletons with my 10 ft reach if they try to surface.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 10:45 PM
Everyone: Initiative :smallsmile: Even though only one person knows what's going on.

You see Crisis shoot a burst of eldritch flame through the surface of the water as it illuminates the area around it. It bursts as it comes into contact with an object that you can see for but a moment: a human skeleton wielding a scimitar and advancing towards you from the bay. Just then an eerie, displaced voice comes from out to sea: "This is your punishment. Your punishment for killing me." It is in the voice of Elris Weist. Immediately after this sentence, a great ring of fire surrounds you. It forms a full circle centered on the original position of the bottle that is approximately 50 feet in radius. It blazes along the surface of the bay, making a hissing noise as it turns falling rain into steam. However, the wall does provide you illumination to some degree, and you can all barely make out the shapes of dozens more skeletons walking towards you from beneath the bay.

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-18, 10:53 PM
Initiative- [roll0]

aje8
2010-01-18, 11:11 PM
Init: 16

OOC: My character also ran forward, you forgot to mention that? Also, where am I relative to this ring of fire?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 11:18 PM
OOC: You're about 10 feet in front of the rest of the party.

Drolyt
2010-01-18, 11:26 PM
[OOC Initiative- [roll0]]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 11:32 PM
Okay, I rolled for Koretsu. Order is

Crisis
Skeletons
Drolyt
Marius
Isaiah

aje8
2010-01-18, 11:46 PM
Crisis will throw another ball of fire at the same skeleton. His face still an unchatactetistic frown. (As opposed to his usual insane grin) Being a demon, the wall of fire doesn't impress him. With his other hand, the demon draws his Guisearme and prepares for an advance by the skeletons.
Ranged Touch: 21
Damage: 7

FlamingKobold
2010-01-18, 11:53 PM
OOC: The last 7 hp shot was enough to take him down, sorry.

As yet another of there number is striken down by Crisis, they continue to adance. They begin to converge around him, as he is the closest.

5 move adjacent to you, all provoking AoOs. If you kill any, I'll roll a d5 to determine which one. 3 of them hit you, for 4, 6 and 7 damage.

As they swing, a large burst of flame engulfs the rest of the party.

All except Crisis make a reflex save for half damage.

OOC: Would it be possible for you guys to put links to your characters in your sigs? It's a lot easier for me...

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-18, 11:54 PM
Reflex- [roll0]

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 12:00 AM
[Reflex: [roll0]]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-19, 12:06 AM
Alright, you each take 13 damage. Marius: When you read this, save or it's 26.

Drolyt's turn.

aje8
2010-01-19, 12:15 AM
AOO to hit:
20, 25, 22, 13, 22

Damage: 10, 9, 10, 10, 11

Manuevers granted: 1,4 and 6 from the top.
Note: Im in the martial spirit stance, I thus gain 2 hp for each hit. Oh, and Ill put 10 of that damage in my delayed damage pool.

EDIT: Also, I have dr 1, so assuming those aren't cold iron scimitars, we end up with me taking 4 damage with 10 in my delayed damage pool... Before martial spirit healing.

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 12:16 AM
[OOC: I have Bull's Strength and Enlarge Person, right?] Drolyt charges one of the undead. To Hit: [roll0] Damage if Successful: [roll1] Oh and -2 AC till next turn.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-19, 12:26 AM
Crisis: Please note what weapon you are using (DR purposes, sorry)
and you actually dont take any, sorry...

Drolyt: Quarterstaff, right?

As the five skeletons advance on Crisis, he quickly destroys all but one, which lumbers forward and misses with its scimitar. Drolyt, nowas tall as an ogre, charges a skeleton and wallops it with his quarterstaff, shattering it.

aje8
2010-01-19, 12:31 AM
Guisarne: Slashing. How do you know I kill them without knowing if their dr applies?

Also, If I take nothing, then Ill use my 4 2 point heals to heal each of my comrades once and Korestu (totally at random) twice. Rp wise because the holy source of Vahes power wants his allies healed even if crisis is ambivilent about it.

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 12:36 AM
[OOC: Always Quarterstaff unless otherwise noted. Mainly for flavor reasons.]

FlamingKobold
2010-01-19, 12:39 AM
Because even with full DR, they still die. It's unfortunate, really.

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 12:50 AM
You know something, I activate Holy Radiance. It's a free action and hurts undead. Undead within 10' of me take 1d4 damage per round.

aje8
2010-01-19, 12:55 AM
A smile plays on Crisis's lips as he slays skeleton after skeleton. While undead were far less fun to dispatch than living beings, he still enjoyed the fevered rythm of combat. Parry, turn, stab, block, slash. Despite fightng off 5 opponents at once, the superior reach of his Guisearme (Spear type thing) enabled him to dispatch 4 skeletons easily and dodge the blow of the third. Crisis was too busy with all this the to notice the holy light flying to his allies wounds.

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 01:15 AM
Guisarme (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guisarme). Though I prefer Voulge-guisarmes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voulge) myself. Just cause they look cooler.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-19, 11:32 PM
Current situation in the battlefield:

Isaiah and Marius are both about 20 feet from the edge of the bay, whereas Drolyt is at the water's edge and Crisis is slightly behind. There is one skeleton adjacent to Crisis and about two dozen still walking towards you. A ring of fire approximately 20 feet high is providing all the illumination that you have, and is about a fifty foot radius, centered at the original location of the bottle, approximately where Marius and Isaiah are. All players except for Crisis were hit by a fireball right before Drolyt charged.

Koretsu
2010-01-20, 12:37 PM
OOC: Sorry again for being inattentive. :smallfrown:

Reflex Save: [roll0] (Evasion)

Marius moves up a few feet towards the advancing skeletons. (Five-foot step)

Taking a deep breath, Marius focuses his ki energy, and thrusts his arm forwards in a palm strike motion towards the advancing pack. Violet arcane energy engulfs his hand as it races outwards from his palm towards one of the skeletons. (Eldrich Blast).

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (Magical)

Marius lowers himself to a fighting stance, his arm still aglow with violet energy. (Draw Mindblade)

EDIT: Failed the evasion roll, so 13 hp remaining (after Vahe's healing). And a Nat 1 on the attack roll... This feels Karma-riffic. :smallredface:

Drolyt
2010-01-20, 02:06 PM
OOC: I forgot I have Evasion as well. It's half the reason I took those monk levels.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-20, 08:17 PM
Koretsu: You don't take any damage with evasion and a reflex save of 24...

Koretsu
2010-01-21, 01:18 AM
Really? Your post said DC 26. :smallconfused: (Won't complain, though... :smallredface:) However, I'm sure Vahe would want to pass on the 6 points of healing to me and Drolyt to Isaiah, instead. :smallsmile:

aje8
2010-01-21, 03:14 PM
I would. Also, has steve unicorn been PM'ed?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-21, 06:51 PM
I'm PMing him now. I think making an OOC thread was a waste of time :smallsmile:

Koretsu: It was make a reflex save or take 26 damage. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

SteveUnicorn is taking much too long. NPCing him for now.

Isaiah charges forward and whips his spiked chain at a skeleton. It makes contact, but slides along the bones, doing very little damage.

aje8
2010-01-25, 09:09 PM
So... it's been 4 days and SteveUnicorn hasn't posted.... can we like skip him in intiative or something?

SteveUnicorn
2010-01-25, 09:40 PM
AHHHH! sorry, my bad on not posting. I didn't see that Marius had gone.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-25, 11:12 PM
Crisis, go. (I NPC'd him in the last post... :smallconfused:)

aje8
2010-01-25, 11:19 PM
Editing move into this post now... But before I do, there's no Skelton in my reach right? They are all underwater? I think we killed all the ones who surfaced....,

EDIT: Crisis throws fire at another Skelton, it's glow the same color as his eyes.

Ranged Touch Attack: 18
Damage: 5

Granted Manuever for the turn: Crusader's Strike

aje8
2010-01-28, 03:14 PM
Who are we waiting on?

Drolyt
2010-01-28, 03:23 PM
I thought it went skeletons then me. But I'm not even sure what's going on, how many skeletons are left and where are they?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-28, 04:39 PM
OOC:

Sorry, I didn't see Crisis had gone, since it was done in an edit. There are about 20 skeletons left, all underwater.

With everyone near the water's edge save for Marius, The skeleton swarms keep coming. They charge towards you, with 3 each around Isaiah, Crisis and Drolyt. Isaiah and Drolyt are each hit by two scimitars while Crisis manages to dodge all three.

Damage:

Drolyt: 14
Isaiah: 16
Crisis: 0, you lucky devil

aje8
2010-01-28, 05:32 PM
That's demon. :smallcool: In other news, should I get some serious AOOs on the skeletons attacking this round? Also I realized I only get 3 AOO's per round..... so some of those 5 skeletons that charged me on turn 1 should have survived..... however you want to handle that.

Drolyt
2010-01-28, 05:37 PM
My go, right? I can have each of my attacks affect a different skeleton if one goes down, correct? Anyways Flailing Strike [roll0].

Drolyt
2010-01-28, 05:44 PM
Alright, had to make two posts cause of how the dice roller works, flailing strike gave me one extra attack, so I get three, all at -4, with a normal bonus of +8, and an additional +2 from bull's strength, with enlarge person ending up neutral, so it works out to +6. [roll0][roll1][roll2]. Damage for each hit (1d8 (due to size) + 6 (due to my strength currently being enhanced) [roll3][roll4][roll5]. I attack one skeleton until it falls, then move onto another. Also each undead within 10' takes 1d4 damage from my holy radiance (no save).

FlamingKobold
2010-01-28, 06:35 PM
We'll just say you were extra awesome and took 5 down. It's simpler that way. I've never played that you get AoOs if someone charges, unless you are readied against it, is this correct?

Drolyt spins around and takes down all three skeletons around them with fists and feet to the skull and ribs. A sickening crunch is heard from the flesh hitting bone with such crushing power.

aje8
2010-01-28, 07:43 PM
Just checked SRD under Attack of Oppurtunity and Charge. It says nothing about charges not provoking.

Drolyt
2010-01-28, 07:53 PM
ooc: Are those spoilers not for other players? You really should specify.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-28, 09:03 PM
All:

If i don't preface it with a specific character name, assume that it's for everyone, and it's just OOC.

Alright, take some AoOs then.

Drolyt
2010-01-29, 06:28 AM
I'm a little confused on who he's making AoOs against. If someone moved past him while making a charge he would get AoOs, since charging is considered movement. If someone charged him he would not, unless of course he had a reach weapon.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-29, 01:28 PM
Yeah,thats the way that i've always played. And it makes sense, so that's the ruling. Sorry, Crisis.

aje8
2010-01-29, 07:55 PM
All:

Um what? I was charged by 3 skeletons. I would not get them against the ones that charged the other players..... just the ones that charged me as I am weilding a reach weapon. They moved through a threatened square of mine...... why would I NOT get an AOO? I mean.... you're the DM, what you say goes ultimatley. But I don't get the logic here, mind enlightening me?

Balance wise, ubercharger builds are already substantially stronger than Reach based battlefeild control builds...... inability to AOO charges is a huge nerf and it makes standstill far weaker. (Because when does anyone move next to you then attack? And that means that Standstill can't be used to say, stop enemies from charging the squishies behind you.) From a logical stand point, I don't see why charging through a threatened square would be any different from moving through it.

Drolyt
2010-01-29, 08:02 PM
All:

Um what? I was charged by 3 skeletons. I would not get them against the ones that charged the other players..... just the ones that charged me as I am weilding a reach weapon. They moved through a threatened square of mine...... why would I NOT get an AOO? I mean.... you're the DM, what you say goes ultimatley. But I don't get the logic here, mind enlightening me?

Balance wise, ubercharger builds are already substantially stronger than Reach based battlefeild control builds...... inability to AOO charges is a huge nerf and it makes standstill far weaker. (Because when does anyone move next to you then attack? And that means that Standstill can't be used to say, stop enemies from charging the squishies behind you.) From a logical stand point, I don't see why charging through a threatened square would be any different from moving through it.

1) Note that in my post I said you would get an attack if you had a reach weapon, I did not know if you did. 2) When did skeleton's become uberchargers?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-29, 10:01 PM
1. My skeletons are all uberchargers, what kind of skeletons do you have? :smalltongue:

2. Sorry, momentarily forgot you had a reach weapon. My bad. I thought you wanted AoOs for just them charging you, which didn't make sense

Koretsu
2010-01-30, 02:35 AM
Marius's turn. He'll use his move action to move towards the largest cluster of skeletons, and use Flurry of Blows to attack, ((OOC: just as soon as Mythweavers comes back up and I can see my character sheet. :smallredface:))

aje8
2010-01-30, 10:32 AM
So.....I woud like to make those belated Aoos now........ but I can't because Mythweavers is down and I don't have my damage memorized. :smallmad:

Koretsu
2010-02-02, 05:33 AM
Huzzah! Mythweavers is back! Flurry of Blows. :smallsmile: Both targeting the same skeleton. If the first hit drops it, I'll target a second one in melee range for the second.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Bludgeon, Magic, Cold Iron)

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] (Bludgeon, Magic, Cold Iron)

FlamingKobold
2010-02-02, 07:10 PM
Marius fells another two skeletons, crushing them into bits. You all begin to hear a faint wailing sound, coming from out to the bay.

Isaiah, go.

aje8
2010-02-07, 05:54 PM
All OOC

5 days? NPC him perhaps? Regardless, I'm just not going to take those AOOs. (Assuming that's ok FlamingKobold) Both because I'm some combination of busy and lazy and because they cancel out my extra AOOs from last turn.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-07, 06:09 PM
true. Isaiah is skipped, and wil be limited to a 24 hour=>NPC policy from now on. He's kept us waiting a lot.

Drolyt
2010-02-07, 06:34 PM
ooc

Shouldn't we just put everyone on a 24 hour => NPC thing? It would make things go much quicker. We could have exceptions for people who actually post reasons for being gone.

aje8
2010-02-08, 07:40 PM
All, OOC:

Gonna try to post tonight.... but I have ALOT of work this whole week. If I need to be NPC'd I'll just attack a skeleton whose near me with the guisramane going to try and kill not trip.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-10, 11:54 AM
Crisis, NPC'd:

Swings his guisarme and takes out yet another skeleton.

The skeletons, reduced to less than half of their total in number, begin to attack with renewed vigor. They charge, brandishing their scimitars high over their heads. Four surround Isaiah, 3 next to Drolyt, and 4 charge at Crisis.

Isaiah only hits one with an AoO, but doesn kill it. They all hit him back with some very nice rolling realing 21 damage.

Drolyt is only hit by one scimitar for 5 damage.

Crisis, you get an AoO on all of them. But, in case any of them get to you:
(Roll AoOs in this order)
Skeleton 1: Miss
Skeleton 2: hit, 4 damage
Skeleton 3: hit, 6 damage
Skeleton 4: Miss

Drolyt
2010-02-10, 12:27 PM
Is it my turn? I think it is. [roll0]. Rolling for Flailing Strike.

Drolyt
2010-02-10, 12:33 PM
Okay so that's a total of four attacks. I attack each skeleton until I kill them: [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]. For damage: [roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7].

Edit: I doubt it hit anyways, but that 7 was a natural 1 (you probably knew that though).

aje8
2010-02-10, 08:35 PM
All, OOC

AOO to hits:
9, 14, 20, 14
Damage:
10, 11, 8, 8

I got battle leaders charged granted on my turn AND whoever took damage from the feiry thing can heal another 2 from my hit then.

Crisis tooks a bit bored. "Skeletons, Skeletons and more skeletons. Ulk..... I'm done here." After completing his attacks against the chargeing skeletons, the red flow's out of Crisis's eyes as the holy warrior takes control.

Vahe looks around, confused for a moment until he realized what has occured. "Acursed Demon!" He thinks to himself as he tries to get his bearings.

Koretsu
2010-02-11, 08:12 PM
My turn again? Marius attempts to blast the nearest skeleton with an Eldrich Blast.

Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] (Magical)

And move in closer towards a cluster of skeletons.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-11, 09:29 PM
Drolyt spins around and crushes all three skeletons near him in an awesome display of monk-dom. While crisis takes out another three before they finally reach him. Marius assists by striking down the last skeleton adjacent to Crisis, leaving all four remaining skeletons around Isaiah. Isaiah brandishes his chain and takes all four of them out in one swing around his body.

As the last skeleton crumples and its skull hits the ground, the large ring of fire suddenly goes out. You look around, eyes readjusting to the newfound darkness. You are surrounded with bones and scimitars, and many of you have sufferred significant, and in some cases, quite severe blows. You see a gaggle of villagers standing out in the rain, silhouetted against the lights coming from town. Those in the tavern had pressed up against the windows, and are staring at you in awe after witnessing what was, for almost all of them, the grandest and most amazing fight they had ever seen.

aje8
2010-02-11, 10:37 PM
From inside Vahe's head, Crisis scans around to make sure the fight is truly over. A trickle of red lines Vahe's eyes as the demon looks around.

Quiet Vahe contemplates explaining the situation with the demon. The pluses, minuses and intricacies prove too complex for a simple inquiry though so Vahe puts the decision off for later. Given that he does not he threw fireballs while possessed, he will not immediatley confess anything.

OOC, All

Crisis will scan the area with See the Unseen/Detect Magic again to make sure all the sources of magic are gone. Are they?

FlamingKobold
2010-02-12, 11:41 AM
All sources of magic are gone, except for items you guys own. And the aura at the bottom of the bay, which is probably the necklace

Koretsu
2010-02-14, 04:22 AM
Marius moves from pile of bones to pile of bones, scanning for any lingering traces of magic. "Well, that was... unexpected. Anyone have any insight as to why dead men would suddenly crave our company?"

aje8
2010-02-14, 11:25 AM
"In my experience, people don't like being killed. Perhaps this was pre-set up in case anyone killed him as a sort of...... post-humanous revenge?"

Drolyt
2010-02-14, 11:47 AM
"That's... possible, I suppose. Still, I doubt he was expecting to die, and how would a dead person send us a note? I think it's more likely someone was trying to avenge him. They did a poor job of it, but I think we need to stay on our guard. At any rate does anyone need healing? I'm not very good at it, but I can heal a little."

aje8
2010-02-14, 10:34 PM
"If they were trying to avenge him, then why would they pretent to be him? What do they have to gain?"

Koretsu
2010-02-18, 03:30 AM
"I'm not sure. But I've got a bad feeling about this. We should keep moving. Quickly, if possible."

Drolyt
2010-02-18, 07:32 AM
I agree, we need to get moving. As to why they signed with his name, I have no idea. Is it possible that he is able to act from beyond the grave? That doesn't really seem all that likely. At any rate I'm sure this is not the last attack.

OOC
Did Koretsu get a new avatar? It's cool.

FlamingKobold
2010-02-19, 11:30 PM
OOC:

I do really like the avatar Koretsu :smallsmile:

Where do you guys go? There is a large town quite near you by land, through the forest. There are the mountains, the forest itself, and of course the sea.

aje8
2010-02-20, 01:29 PM
"Where do you suggest we get moving to? I have little idea what's around here."

OOC, All

Yeah.... been really busy. Sorry.

Drolyt
2010-02-20, 01:32 PM
I suppose we'll be safest near a town. Let's go that way and try to get some lodgings.

Koretsu
2010-02-21, 04:12 AM
Marius sighs. It seems there's trouble every time we come to these docks." He looks around the area at the remaining skeletons and the gathering crowd. "Whatever we do, let's go before we draw any more attention to ourselves, shall we?"

FlamingKobold
2010-02-21, 09:39 PM
It seems to be a bit late for that. Everyone in town saw the massive ring of fire, and the sounds of battle were audible even with the sound of the Storm.

You stand alone, drenched and in many cases soaked with your own blood, on the docks of a town that seems to think you have brought death and trouble to their people. You have a choice: to stay here or too get out of town.