Temotei
2009-12-31, 05:04 AM
What do you think is lame? :smallamused:

Things topping my list:

The need to go to the bathroom
Fatigue/exhaustion; the need to sleep
Hunger
Thirst

Feel free to be serious or humorous, to use other parts of the board as examples, etc. Have fun.

Tanaric
2009-12-31, 05:08 AM
Insomnia. It's 4:17, and I can't sleep. :smallsigh:

Tomorrow is going to royally suck.

Temotei
2009-12-31, 05:12 AM
Insomnia. It's 4:17, and I can't sleep. :smallsigh:

Tomorrow is going to royally suck.

We're in the same time zone. Nice. :smallbiggrin:

Jet lag is another lame thing.

Anuan
2009-12-31, 05:39 AM
The kind of headache that feels like your eyes are being poked out from behind (I.E, the kind of headache I have right now D:) are rather lame.

Also, having to wait for my delishus strawberry coulis cheesecake to thaw. 'Tis most lame.

Dr. Bath
2009-12-31, 07:10 AM
Hephaestus.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-12-31, 07:22 AM
What do you think is lame? :smallamused:

Things topping my list:

The need to go to the bathroom
Fatigue/exhaustion; the need to sleep
Hunger
Thirst

Feel free to be serious or humorous, to use other parts of the board as examples, etc. Have fun.

This is why I'm glad I'm not addicted to nicotine or alcohol or another drug. It would just be one more thing on that list.

13_CBS
2009-12-31, 07:36 AM
Hephaestus.

http://www.danielsjourney.com/blog/files/2007/12/fry-see-what-you-did-there-scaled.jpg

What's lame? Let's see...being on a diet while also having to work out 3-4 hours a day to lose weight. :smallmad: Eating has become yet another a chore now.

smellie_hippie
2009-12-31, 07:38 AM
proving your accountability through paperwork. results should suffice.

Anuan
2009-12-31, 07:59 AM
Hephaestus.

...You have a Doctorate in Being Amazing, don't you?

Dr. Bath
2009-12-31, 08:01 AM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/unknown_exception/gaf/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

I can't see that photo of whatever it is. Unless your response was a photobucket bandwidth exceeded sign?

13_CBS
2009-12-31, 08:04 AM
I can't see that photo of whatever it is. Unless your response was a photobucket bandwidth exceeded sign?

I replaced it with a new link. Is it working now?

Dr. Bath
2009-12-31, 08:04 AM
Yes. Yes it is.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-12-31, 08:06 AM
The kind of headache that feels like your eyes are being poked out from behind (I.E, the kind of headache I have right now D:) are rather lame.

Also, having to wait for my delishus strawberry coulis cheesecake to thaw. 'Tis most lame.
The kind of headache where it feels like your ears are being pierced by small long rectangular objects while being ripped apart, when actually the main focus of your pain goes to your temples which are being assaulted a thousand times over with tiny spikes/needles and come out the other temple.
Then the back of the head is also hurting but more in a kind of blunt trauma sort of way, like it's being crushed/hit with a baseball bat or something.

And oh yeah, then there's the pain from the eyes being poked out while they feel like they're going to implode.

Yeah, that kind of headache((I.E, the kind of headache I have right now D:) is rather lame.

Btw, that's with the painkillers.

Edit: Wait, the ears now feel like while being pierced by long rectangular objects, they're also being pulled out y two of them in each ear.
Wooo.
:yuk:

Anuan
2009-12-31, 09:09 AM
*snip*:

This is, indeed, rather lame.

However, I note your name, and write it down in my list of Anti-Lame things. I approve.

bosssmiley
2009-12-31, 09:21 AM
Hephaestus.

Beaten to the mythology reference by a bathtub, dammit! :smallamused:

Dogmantra
2009-12-31, 09:40 AM
I came in this thread expecting to say "people with only one working leg." I was beaten to it with a far better joke.

That, my friends (and enemies), is the lamest of all.

ScIaDrd
2009-12-31, 02:47 PM
-Having a really lame computer, so it takes like 2 mins to load a webpage
-And a broken mouse, so the cursor keeps disappearing and appearing again on it´s own.
- not being able to properly characterise a (TVtropes alert!) tsundere/oranyan (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere) for a Bard´s backtory.
-Being ditched by one´s gaming circle, because you´re not cool enough. Whilist the what the cool kids are doing is: 1)Playing WOW and 2)talking about either it or a bunch of really stupid things, all the freaking time. or 3) going to McDonald´s all the time. Seriously, that´s all they do.:smallsigh:
-Procrastinating.
-People who fire a boatload of fireworks all day long.
-Being the only one who can watch a really awesome anime because nobody else has the english skills to understand it , and its not dubbed. (And we´re 4th grade in high school. Seriously, what is so difficult about English of a mahou shojo series?!)
-Not being able to think of more lame things.

Sneak
2009-12-31, 03:59 PM
Metastasized advanced kidney cancer.

Mauve Shirt
2009-12-31, 04:09 PM
Texas.asdhjl;

Temotei
2009-12-31, 04:10 PM
Being a red shirt?
Yelling. It never gets your point across quite as well as calmly saying something does.

Ishmael
2009-12-31, 04:38 PM
Hmm...lame things...

Cyclists who wear the jerseys of a professional racing team. It's just stupid when some middle aged, slightly overweight bloke tries to pull off riding with an Astana kit...come on, we all know you're not a pro, so don't even try...even worse is when people wear the special Tour clothing, like the 'king of the mountain' jersey...seriously?

Leading somebody on. LAME! Also: intentionally delaying your responses to texts, or ignoring them altogether.

Cyclists who don't know how to ride a bike well (read:hipsters). It's so annoying.

SUVs driven by suburban housewives who don't need a V8 engine and a 4-wheel drive.

People who own high-end, technical outdoor gear for no reason. Like the person who's overweight and not outdoorsy who sports a Gregory pack, Mountain Hardwear sleeping bag, and La Sportiva boots...ugh, maybe that's just jealousy more than lameness...

denthor
2009-12-31, 04:41 PM
Texas.asdhjl;

Mauve remember this when you talk to a Texan if we split Alaska in two Texas would be the third largest state in the union.

It tends to end the conversation as they get humbled.

Moff Chumley
2009-12-31, 08:57 PM
Texas.asdhjl;

Beat me to it.

Hmm...lame things...

Cyclists who wear the jerseys of a professional racing team. It's just stupid when some middle aged, slightly overweight bloke tries to pull off riding with an Astana kit...come on, we all know you're not a pro, so don't even try...even worse is when people wear the special Tour clothing, like the 'king of the mountain' jersey...seriously?

Leading somebody on. LAME! Also: intentionally delaying your responses to texts, or ignoring them altogether.

Cyclists who don't know how to ride a bike well (read:hipsters). It's so annoying.

SUVs driven by suburban housewives who don't need a V8 engine and a 4-wheel drive.

People who own high-end, technical outdoor gear for no reason. Like the person who's overweight and not outdoorsy who sports a Gregory pack, Mountain Hardwear sleeping bag, and La Sportiva boots...ugh, maybe that's just jealousy more than lameness...

I like you, my friend. :smallsmile:

What's lame?
-Scene kids
-Hipsters
-Any variation thereof

Emperor Ing
2009-12-31, 09:05 PM
What do I think is lame?

Lady GaGa
Migranes
Humidity
Back Pain
Idiots who think they're right
Lax Bros (those who know what these are will agree with me here)
Taylor Swift
Lady GaGa
The lack of Twilight fanfare
Billy Mays' death (You will be missed :smallfrown:)
Politics, Politics, Politics.
Soap Operas
Crappy AMVs
Lady GaGa
Mass Effect 2's not out yet! :smallmad:
Space Marine's not out yet! :smallmad:
The Recession
Dragonforce Haters

Winthur
2009-12-31, 09:09 PM
Me.
Jennifer Morrison's departure from House.
My internet connection.
Children making it into the top of the heap in music industry although they're singing awfully.
I second insomnia.
EDIT:
George Carlin's death.

Lady GaGa
Objection! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HM9tyNkUAg)

Moff Chumley
2009-12-31, 09:13 PM
Right, I forgot to add self loathing to my list... by which I mean self loathing is great. :smallcool:

Mystic Muse
2009-12-31, 09:21 PM
the fact that I don't know how to sell things on EBay and the instructions are kind of weird.

somebody want to help me?

Rutskarn
2009-12-31, 09:27 PM
Hipster cynics, people who are excessively snobbish about music, logical fallacies.

Cynicism is a good thing. There's nothing wrong with stripping the romanticism and needless optimism from a worldview and evaluating it based entirely on facts. In my opinion, this leads to a better life for everyone involved. But then there's those people who're cynical because they like the idea of being cynical. They immediately reject society, politics, philosophy, and the worth of humankind because they like the idea of being above it all, of being a smugly enlightened surveyor of a morally and intellectually bankrupt race. These people need a reality check and a halfbrick to the face.

If someone tells you their favorite band is, say, BrokenCYDe, it's easy to immediately dismiss them. I mean, it sucks, right? That's just the end of it. If you like it, you have no taste. Except there's no accounting for taste, is there? There's no universal built-in gauge of how good music is. The only way we have of judging it is to listen to it and decide if we like it or not. If someone likes it, to them, it is good music. End of story. Always remember that no matter what your favorite band is, somebody will immediately think less of you for liking it. And remind yourself: you don't want to be that guy.

Argumentation and debate are the best ways we have of a.) getting to the root of an issue and b.) spreading ideas to the masses. Public discourse is the stream from which most people get their conception of knowledge. If you use a logical fallacy, you're doing no less than pissing straight into that stream, polluting it with impurities of reason that can make a person believe straight horse puckey.

RandomNPC
2009-12-31, 10:28 PM
people who start telling you about this neat book they picked up, and go on to describe a self help book disguised as a thinly veild book of advice, then go on to sugest you read it.

people who think just because you don't follow the same religon as them that you must be the guy to go to for all kinds of obscure knowledge, numerology, astrology, symbolism, even just looking into patterns... i'll stop there.

co-workers.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-12-31, 10:42 PM
The fact that I can't get a decent graphics card for my computer without having to pay extra money for a bigger motherboard and case.

Moff Chumley
2009-12-31, 10:46 PM
Stuff

As long as you don't actually listen to BrokenCYDe, a very valid point. :smallwink:

Winthur
2009-12-31, 10:47 PM
{Scrubbed}

Anuan
2010-01-01, 12:49 AM
{Scrubbed}

Might want to edit this post, or we're in danger of the whole thread becoming locked.

Which would be kinda lame.

Griever
2010-01-01, 01:44 AM
Texas.asdhjl;

:smallfrown:

13_CBS
2010-01-01, 02:01 AM
:smallfrown:

On a similar note, Philadelphia. I hate almost everything about that city so much.

THAC0
2010-01-01, 03:51 AM
Kalifornia. :smallwink:

Setra
2010-01-01, 04:50 AM
Pneumonia :smallfrown:

Edit: Also, bruised ribs.

Temotei
2010-01-01, 06:19 AM
Here's another: People who complain constantly. Not those that just complain often. Those that complain all the time. That's all they do in conversation. It's really annoying, and I feel like they have nothing else to talk about with me, which makes me think about things...like why they're talking to me about their problems if that's all they can think of talking about with me. I'd like to have a happy conversation every once in a while. :smallannoyed:

And another: Being asked "Well have you ever tried it?" I hate that. Yes, I've tried it. It sucked. I'm not trying it again. Don't ask. Same goes for people who, when you say you don't like tomatoes, ask "Do you like ketchup?" Or some similar things.

Edition wars.

Wars.

Death.

Setra
2010-01-01, 06:43 AM
Same goes for people who, when you say you don't like tomatoes, ask "Do you like ketchup?"

On a related note, people who can't seem to understand that it's possible to like ketchup without liking tomatoes.

Being asked "Well have you ever tried it?"
In the defense of the people asking, MANY people will bash things before trying it (or Reading/Watching/Playing it in the case of media).

Especially peanut butter and banana sandwiches (They're good! Honest!)

Anuan
2010-01-01, 07:14 AM
On a related note, people who can't seem to understand that it's possible to like ketchup without liking tomatoes.

In the defense of the people asking, MANY people will bash things before trying it (or Reading/Watching/Playing it in the case of media).

This. A million times this. My father yelled at me so much for this as a kid.

Dogmantra
2010-01-01, 08:19 AM
People who seem to think you're not a real fan of a band if you discovered them from Guitar Hero/Rock Band and then they complain about those games as if their favourite band having more fans is a bad thing.

denthor
2010-01-01, 01:06 PM
Kalifornia. :smallwink:

If you lived in the southern end of Cali you would not say that.

Temotei
2010-01-01, 02:32 PM

That's basically what I meant by the question, although it was so lightly implied that I can see the confusion that would go on there. :smallredface:

True that they will. I meant for foods, but I didn't specify it.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are delicious. So are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Which brings me to another lame thing: I can't eat peanuts because my brother is deathly allergic to them.

THAC0
2010-01-01, 03:07 PM
If you lived in the southern end of Cali you would not say that.

I can assure you I would. :smallbiggrin:

Zanaril
2010-01-01, 03:15 PM
...Anything with one of more injured legs?

Temotei
2010-01-01, 03:42 PM
Theoretical optimization being used in games. :smallannoyed:

Emperor Ing
2010-01-01, 03:45 PM
Guys who pretend to be nice to you for no reason but are obvious douchebags :smallyuk:

bluewind95
2010-01-01, 03:47 PM
People who say they are your friends but don't act that way.
Watching people dying when the person watching wants to die and gets to live.
Depression
Illness

Froogleyboy
2010-01-01, 05:55 PM
i find it lame when people have the exact same avatar

Coplantor
2010-01-01, 07:58 PM
Hephaestus.

You have no idea how much you made me laugh.

Lame? Blogs or stuff like that with nothing but "I'm sorry for not updating very much lately" posts.

Thanatos 51-50
2010-01-01, 08:16 PM
Hephaestus.

My day. This made it.

Kallisti
2010-01-03, 04:51 AM
Writer's block.

How obscenely popular Twilight is.

Also, I second Lady Gaga.

Temotei
2010-01-03, 01:14 PM
How fast pencils "run out of" eraser, and how fast their graphite runs out.

How fast pens die. They have shorter lives than flies. :smallyuk:

Emperor Ing
2010-01-03, 01:25 PM
typing up a forum post then chickening out of posting it at the last second. (I did this like 3times with this post before now :smallsigh:)

Setra
2010-01-03, 01:26 PM
typing up a forum post then chickening out of posting it at the last second. (I did this like 3times with this post before now :smallsigh:)
I swear I do that all the time. My post count would literally be almost doubled if I posted every time I typed one up.

Temotei
2010-01-03, 01:37 PM
How my phone always says it has a full battery, so I never know when to charge it.

Post-chickens! :smalltongue:

Oh, and :miko:

The Orange Zergling
2010-01-03, 03:06 PM
Reading scathing reviews of something you really liked and vice versa.

I know this is the wrong forum to say this on, but utter optimization in tabletop games always ticks me off a little bit.

Umm...

Oh yeah, thinking your iPod is turned off when it isn't and then finding out it has no battery life left when you actually want it.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-01-03, 07:37 PM
How my phone always says it has a full battery, so I never know when to charge it.

Huh. My phone says it's out of batteries, but refuses to charge.

Setra
2010-01-04, 02:59 AM
Reading scathing reviews of something you really liked and vice versa.
This, but also just reading people saying "Something you like sucks" and giving no reason. Though that's more of a pet peeve of mine, since to me it usually implies they don't like the game but can't list why, so they just say it sucks... despite the fact this usually applies to things many people like.

And while it's true many people can be wrong about something, it's rather hard for people to be wrong about liking something.

I'm easily trolled :smallfrown:

Emperor Ing
2010-01-04, 09:35 AM
Join the club :smallsigh:

What else is lame: Trolls.

KuReshtin
2010-01-04, 09:42 AM
My car deciding to go through tyres like some people go through toothbrushes (wait, does that makesense?).
Anyways, i'm obviously not a fan of my car at the moment after having had to replace 5 tyres since I bought it 18 months ago. Three bulging tyres, threatening to explode, one tyre that pretty much DID explode, and one that went out this morning. On my way in to work. In sub-zero temperatures. Making me 3 hours late for work because I had to wait for a tow-truck to get me to a garage where they could replace the tyre.

Grimlock
2010-01-04, 10:39 AM
People with a missplaced sense of arrogance!
They really need a bit of kicking!

Also, people who slag things off which they haven't read/watched/played/eaten etc etc!

The Orange Zergling
2010-01-04, 01:05 PM
This, but also just reading people saying "Something you like sucks" and giving no reason. Though that's more of a pet peeve of mine, since to me it usually implies they don't like the game but can't list why, so they just say it sucks... despite the fact this usually applies to things many people like.

And while it's true many people can be wrong about something, it's rather hard for people to be wrong about liking something.

If I'm honest, I'm guilty of doing that when I want to get my opinion out but don't want to get into an argument about it.

I think what annoys me more, though, is when people elaborate but then entirely miss the point of whatever it was that they didn't like about it. Or when people seem to think that alien biology and technology is obligated to follow the exact same rules as terrestrial biology and technology.

Moofaa
2010-01-04, 10:02 PM
Having to pay for things.
Jobs.

Kallisti
2010-01-04, 10:21 PM
The fact that there's a limit on the amount of time I can spend goofing off.

Temotei
2010-01-04, 11:20 PM
The Randomizer
Troll in the Playground

I find your entry ironic. :smallamused:

Lame: The existence of money.

Setra
2010-01-05, 01:29 AM
If I'm honest, I'm guilty of doing that when I want to get my opinion out but don't want to get into an argument about it. I don't think it's possible to post an opinion on the internet without starting an argument :smalltongue:

I think what annoys me more, though, is when people elaborate but then entirely miss the point of whatever it was that they didn't like about it. Or when people seem to think that alien biology and technology is obligated to follow the exact same rules as terrestrial biology and technology.
That's definitely true, I've seen people miss the entire point of things and go on a rant about why it sucked, only for them to be told they're wrong (The usual response is "Well it still sucks"). I think I've done it before but I can't be sure, I don't really remember having gotten things wrong before but my memory may be biased.

arguskos
2010-01-05, 01:46 AM
I don't think it's possible to post an opinion on the internet without starting an argument :smalltongue:
I disagree sir, and I take offense to your mannerisms and tone in this sentence! :smallfurious:

Obvious joke is blatantly obvious.

Lioness
2010-01-05, 04:57 AM
My sisters are home again. Welcome to a house full of teenage adolescence, arguing, debates, raised voices, and general spatting.

I want my peace back. I want to go live somewhere else.

Serpentine
2010-01-05, 05:17 AM
"Jelly".
This is jelly:
http://www.coppschool.lancsngfl.ac.uk/Classwork/images/jelly.jpg

This is jam:
http://morningnoonandnight.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/jam1.jpg

The fact that American "jelly" is apparently some sort of cheap jam with all the fruit and potential nutrition squeezed out of it just makes it worse. And while I'm at it, these are puddings:
http://www.taste.com.au/images/recipes/agt/2004/08/9336.jpg http://www.institutcesar.com/blog/wp-content/2009/12/christmas-pudding.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, American "pudding" is basically either a sort of mousse or similar dessert, or the yoghurty thing like YoGo, which, although tasty, is not a pudding.
I want some YoGo now...

Family dramas, especially those between aunts and uncles that spill over into cousins and make what could have been one of the best Christmases ever merely very good :smallsigh:

I'm also with the OP, sleeping is lame.

My ant colony ants. One's almost certainly dead, and the eggs that the other laid weeks ago still haven't hatched :smallfrown:

Ashen Lilies
2010-01-05, 05:36 AM
Losing your computer for two days.
Having to post for two days from an iPod touch because you lost your computer for two days.
Editing Posts from an iPod Touch. Because you lost your computer for two days.
Being unable to make an awesome avatar for ON FIRE week, because you lost your computer for two days.
The fact that it's still only 5:30.

Oh, and people who think 'gay' means lame are totally lame. Unfortunately, this includes most of the people I know.
Homophobes, which again, consist of a frighteningly large number of people I know.
Hell, most of the people I know.
Oh, and the fact my iPod touch keeps trying to autocomplete 'hell' as 'He'll'. It happened just as I was trying to type that.

Anuan
2010-01-05, 05:37 AM
To the best of my knowledge, American "pudding" is basically either a sort of mousse or similar dessert, or the yoghurty thing like YoGo, which, although tasty, is not a pudding.
I want some YoGo now...
:

To my knowledge, it's generally used to mean a simple dessert of either the Cakey Style Pudding like you posted or, yes, the delicious goopey stuff like Parfait etc. Most of the Americans I know have used it for both, but that's varied state by state, as you'd expect :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2010-01-05, 05:43 AM
Oh yeah, racism. It blows. Especially finding out just how many people you like and/or respect are horribly, or merely subtly, racist :smallsigh:

Anuan: Pah! Pah I say! :smalltongue:

Lioness
2010-01-05, 05:44 AM
"Jelly".
This is jelly:
http://www.coppschool.lancsngfl.ac.uk/Classwork/images/jelly.jpg

This is jam:
http://morningnoonandnight.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/jam1.jpg

lols

And yes, I want to go to the toilet. No, I only go to the bathroom when I want to have a bath.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-05, 05:50 AM
Oh, and people who think 'gay' means lame are totally lame. Unfortunately, this includes most of the people I know.
Homophobes, which again, consist of a frighteningly large number of people I know.
Hell, most of the people I know.

Hey, I say that things are gay or suck **** often when they're lame, but at the same time I'm just as likely to say that it's so bad that it chews badger nipples or has it's head shoved so far up a rhino it's almost landed on Neptune. I just like cussing in as many different was as possible, so that I don't wind up declaring that everything '****ing sucks' and thus creating a swear-monotony or 'sweartonomy'.

Ashen Lilies
2010-01-05, 05:51 AM
A... A closet? Full of water? What madness is this? :smallconfused::smalltongue:
*kicks self into pit before anyone else can*

@^: I was referring more specifically to those who believe it. Though other uses can be annoying at times. You have not known true facepalm until you have heard a girl make a speech on gay acceptance for a competition (and nearly win), making specific reference to how often gay was used as a synonym for lame, and how that was a bad thing, then called someone a rhymes-with-maggot mere hours later.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-05, 06:17 AM
@^: I was referring more specifically to those who believe it. Though other uses can be annoying at times. You have not known true facepalm until you have heard a girl make a speech on gay acceptance for a competition (and nearly win), making specific reference to how often gay was used as a synonym for lame, and how that was a bad thing, then called someone a rhymes-with-maggot mere hours later.

Ah yes, I suppose that what you've described is perfectly understandable. Although on the other hand, 'maggot' often worms his way into my constant expletive production line, it's just that I insult pretty much every group on earth that I can think of a fitting curse for and then hurl these insults at people who I know won't be offended by it, because they appreciate that it's just a random thing being said for random reasons ...

Anyway, all I mean is that no offence was ever meant by I

Skeppio
2010-01-05, 07:40 AM
Skeppio's Lame List:
Homophobes
Racists
Sexists
Idiots who refuse to learn
Scientology
Family Guy, post Season 3
The Cleveland Show, post Pilot Episode
American Dad
South Park
Sonichu
Sephiroth and his fanboys/girls
Hellsing
Vampires except Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' and Mel Brook's 'Dracula: Dead and Loving It'
Twilight
Twilight Fans
Twilight merchandise
Star Wars 1, 2 & 3
Chrono Cross
Action 52 (I made a Game Maker game more enjoyable than it in 10 minutes of work (hell, half that time was playtesting))
Paris Hilton
Perez Hilton

...and many more.

Ashen Lilies
2010-01-05, 08:55 AM
Hey, you know what's really lame? My ability to keep track of time.
I thought that school (and mock exams) started next week. It's really tomorrow. :smallsmile:
This is a regular occurence for me.

Archonic Energy
2010-01-05, 09:09 AM
a three legged dog
bread baking tools
french mathematicians
Lunar craters
Foil Fencing jackets

i can't add a "Lame duck" politics joke... :smallsigh:

WalkingTarget
2010-01-05, 09:53 AM
The fact that American "jelly" is apparently some sort of cheap jam with all the fruit and potential nutrition squeezed out of it just makes it worse.

Jelly (at least in my region) is made from fruit juice while jam is made from the whole fruit. Grape jelly is about the only kind I ever use (and that's because it's home made), it's jam all the way for me otherwise.

Gelatin desserts have been so strongly associated with the Jell-O brand here that it's become a generic term for them (much like Kleenex, Band-aid, and Aspirin).

Pudding (in a general sense) is a creamy dessert made from milk, sugar, and something to thicken it (like cornstarch). You can still find things like bread pudding around, though, it's just the word "pudding" by itself that's used differently.

Edit - on topic: people who use the word "literally" in a figurative manner.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-05, 09:57 AM
Non-american forum members who go out of their way to take shots at America for no decent reason. :smallannoyed: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7631861&postcount=70)

And just FYI serp, in America, we'd call the dessert dish "Jello."

Serpentine
2010-01-05, 10:06 AM
I had a perfectly decent reason. I find that lame, and this is a thread on lame things. And I know you call it "Jell-o". That's what's lame :smalltongue:

Emperor Ing
2010-01-05, 10:07 AM
I had a perfectly decent reason. I find that lame, and this is a thread on lame things. And I know you call it "Jell-o". That's what's lame :smalltongue:

Good enough for me. :smalltongue:

Setra
2010-01-05, 10:16 AM
The hating of bagpipes for no real reason.

A lot of my friends hated bagpipes because when they were kids cartoons "taught" them that they were bad, somehow.

GrlumpTheElder
2010-01-05, 10:21 AM
People who abreviate my real name!!!!!

KuReshtin
2010-01-05, 10:51 AM

A lot of my friends hated bagpipes because when they were kids cartoons "taught" them that they were bad, somehow.

But... But.. The Bagpipes are AWESOME!

People who abreviate my real name!!!!!

Grl T E?

Emperor Ing
2010-01-05, 11:25 AM

I think that's accordians.

And bagpipes aren't bad, but they can be...loud. I mean really really loud, like Civil War cannon loud. :smalleek:

Setra
2010-01-05, 11:35 AM
I think that's accordians.

And bagpipes aren't bad, but they can be...loud. I mean really really loud, like Civil War cannon loud. :smalleek:
I think it's both really, but I like 'em both.

Zom B
2010-01-05, 11:58 AM
Here's something incredibly lame for you: Hearing how great something is or thinking something is going to be really great and then it's just lame. That makes it doubly lame.

For instance, a lot of people had suggested I see No Country for Old Men. "Oh, ever seen No Country for Old Men? Now that's a really great movie."

Okay, so I finally manage to DVR it and watch it. I'm getting into it. This assassin guy is pretty cool! The guy with the money (Josh Brolin) looks a lot like the lovechild of Kurt Russel and Burt Reynolds! Ooh, I wonder how this is going to end!

Here's a little spoiler for you: It doesn't. The climax of the movie is fast approaching, and instead the credits roll. Please tell me the book doesn't end this way, too.

It's a lot like the Sopranos. I didn't like the show at first but my wife loved it. Then I started watching more episodes with her and really caring about the characters. It got to the point where I was actually stoked about the finale. For those of you who haven't seen it, here is how that episode ended:
something happens that resolves the plot.

ghost_warlock
2010-01-05, 12:28 PM
That "cajan seasoned" chicken lunch meat my girlfriend bought tastes like bologna. Now, normally I'm cool with bologna, but it's certainly not a taste I usually want to encounter by surprise!

Setra
2010-01-05, 12:35 PM
Argumentum ad nauseam

Roland St. Jude
2010-01-05, 12:38 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: It's low on my list but relevant. I think concetrated hate/rant/lameness threads are pretty lame. Possibly lame enough to be specifically added as an inappropriate topic in the next rule update; we'll see.

Please don't make concentrated hate threads. They always take a turn for the worse.