PDA

View Full Version : 1001 invocations

Desmond Tiny
2009-12-31, 09:04 PM
Please help me make the warlock more versatile by creating as many original(not just as a spell) invcocations.

Zaydos
2009-12-31, 09:23 PM
I have some on my computer, but somebody posted as good (and often better) versions here already. Think it was called "Homebrew Invocations Dump" but can't be sure, might try searching for it.

Edit: Not sure how well this one works. Made it in < 1 minute so. Might be fun.

Weirding Raven
Least Invocation
You create a raven of shadow that exists for 24 hours. As a swift action you can order it to move to a square of your choice. The raven's movement never provokes attacks of opportunity. Any creature in the same square as the raven suffer a -2 to AC and saves against your eldritch blast. The raven has an AC of 12 (including size modifiers for being tiny) + your Dex modifier and 1 hp; it uses your saving throw modifiers. If the raven is destroyed you may create another one as a standard action, but you may only have one raven in existence at a time.

lightningcat
2010-01-01, 03:32 PM
Here are a pair I created for another board.

Eldritch Shot
Greater; 6th; Blast Shape
This blast shape invocation extends your eldritch blast to extreme distances. Eldritch shot increases the range of an eldritch blast attack to 100 feet/warlock level with no range increment.

Sundering Blast
Lesser; 3rd; Eldritch Essence
This eldritch essence invocation allows you to change your eldritch blast into a sundering blast. A sundering blast deals double damage to objects and constructs, but only half damage to other types of creatures.

TabletopNuke
2010-01-01, 10:30 PM
We always need more invocations. Thank you.

I made some new anomalies (invocations) for my mindscourge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131476) (psionic warlock) class. They'll work just fine as spell-like abilities rather than psi-like ones. You can reformat them as anomalies and post them here, just replace words like "manifester level" with the appropriate magic equivalent. All I ask is that you credit them to me and post a link to the mindscourge page.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-01, 11:40 PM
Always wanted there to be an invocation that did this. It's frustrating because you can't deal subdual damage with ranged weapons as far I know (not even with a -4 penalty).

Whelming Blast
Least; 1st; Eldritch Essence
This eldritch essence invocation allows you to change your eldritch blast into a whelming blast. A sundering blast deals nonlethal damage.

Not incredibly impressive, but it's nice to have. (I was trying to design a Vow of Non Violence warlock npc one time.:smallfrown:)

Radiun
2010-01-02, 07:01 PM
I don't have much to say

Since the thread I've made more, but honestly my motivation has sunk so bleh.

Anywho feel free to take those you want and ditch those you don't.

Edit: Link is in my signature

Admiral Squish
2010-01-02, 08:32 PM
Hmm...

Theiving blast
Greater, 6th
A creature struck by a Theiving Blast must make a will save, or be effected as though by dispel magic. Any spell effects sucessfully dispelled are transferred to the warlock.

Eldritch blood
Dark, 8th
For 24 hours, your blood becomes pure eldritch energy. You gain DR 2/- and the first creature striking you in melee each round is subject to the effects of an eldritch blast, as though you had cast it yourself. You mas bind an eldritch essence to the effect at the time of casting.

I'll probably be in and out with more as they come to me. These are just vague, feel free to edit them as you will.

lightningcat
2010-01-03, 01:02 PM
Eldritch blood
Dark, 8th
For 24 hours, your blood becomes pure eldritch energy. You gain DR 2/- and the first creature striking you in melee each round is subject to the effects of an eldritch blast, as though you had cast it yourself. You may bind an eldritch essence to the effect at the time of casting.

You should make it DR 2/cold iron, so that it stacks with the warlock's normal DR, and add in the condition of only one of these at a time.
Personally, I would also add a limit to the number of attacks it would respond to, but that would only matter in large battles, when you couldn't easily recharge the invocation.

Temotei
2010-01-03, 01:06 PM
Always wanted there to be an invocation that did this. It's frustrating because you can't deal subdual damage with ranged weapons as far I know (not even with a -4 penalty).

Whelming Blast
Least; 1st; Eldritch Essence
This eldritch essence invocation allows you to change your eldritch blast into a whelming blast. A sundering blast deals nonlethal damage.

Not incredibly impressive, but it's nice to have. (I was trying to design a Vow of Non Violence warlock npc one time.:smallfrown:)

Sundering blast?

Admiral Squish
2010-01-03, 02:11 PM
You should make it DR 2/cold iron, so that it stacks with the warlock's normal DR, and add in the condition of only one of these at a time.
Personally, I would also add a limit to the number of attacks it would respond to, but that would only matter in large battles, when you couldn't easily recharge the invocation.

Hmmm... Perhaps it converts your maximum HP into eldritch damage, and the first attacker in a round takes damage equal to their hit until you're out of HP or have expended all the points alotted.

Lysander
2010-01-03, 02:56 PM
Mirror Image Blast
Lesser Invocation
You can suppress all damage from your eldritch blast and instead cause it to grant the struck creature 1d4 Mirror Images. These mirror images persist for one round per warlock level. You may strike yourself with this eldritch blast to gain mirror images. Striking someone again before the invocation's duration expires cancels the old blast and grants them new mirror images.

Desmond Tiny
2010-01-06, 10:48 PM
Strenght Sap
greater invocation
With a touch attack you can deal 1d6 points of strenght or dexterity damage to a target. You send the power to your diabolic masters as energy.

TabletopNuke
2010-01-06, 11:09 PM
Strenght Sap
greater invocation
With a touch attack you can deal 1d6 points of strenght or dexterity damage to a target. You send the power to your diabolic masters as energy.

You forgot to include the invocation level and save.

Also, this is way too weak to be a greater invocation. There is a lesser invocation that functions as bestow curse, which can inflict a -6 penalty to any ability score. If this caused ability drain and had no save, that would be another story (and you wouldn't be able to pay me to get near your warlock).