PDA

View Full Version : Creature Types[3.5]

DragonKnight
2010-01-01, 01:59 AM
Simple question that I'm tired of digging for.

Any races with 0 or at least a low LA that would give either Aberration, Magical Beast, or elemental subtype.

Dragon would also be an option, but I've done the dragon subtype recently and don't wish to redo it that much.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-01, 02:02 AM
0 LA generally doesn't come with a good type, the benefits are at least worth +1 most of the time. What are you trying to do, there may be an easier way.

Also, all you listed were types, not subtypes.

Starscream
2010-01-01, 02:03 AM
An Elan (no relation to :elan:) is a 0 LA aberration. Not sure about the others.

DragonKnight
2010-01-01, 02:03 AM
Yeah, sorry. Probably not a good idea for me to be typing this during the new years celebrations, alcohol being involved.

Going for a natural weapons build, namely Rapidstrike and Improved.

Crafty Cultist
2010-01-01, 02:37 AM
Have you considered a changeling warshaper?

Optimystik
2010-01-01, 02:55 AM
Synads (CPsi) are also aberrations, as are Daelkyr Half-Bloods (MoE).

Draz74
2010-01-01, 12:38 PM
Yeah, Elans (Expanded Psionics Handbook) are the standard answer for how to qualify for Rapidstrike. Synads also work.

I don't know any low-ECL means of becoming an Elemental, Plant, or Magical Beast.

Temotei
2010-01-01, 09:05 PM
Yeah, Elans (Expanded Psionics Handbook) are the standard answer for how to qualify for Rapidstrike. Synads also work.

I don't know any low-ECL means of becoming an Elemental, Plant, or Magical Beast.

Plant? :smallconfused:

UserClone
2010-01-01, 11:01 PM
Actually, there's a pretty cool plant type creature in Races of the Galaxy, a book for the Dragonstar game. No reason you couldn't use it if your DM allows, though, since it's OGL. Really cool races all around in that one, actually.

Darrin
2010-01-01, 11:47 PM

For magical beast, try the Beguiler in Shining South. Small-sized, 1HD, and it lists the Level Adjustment as "+0 (Cohort)". However, whoever gave it that LA may have been sniffing glue... it has unbalanced stats (looks like Str -4, Dex +6, Int +2), a full attack with 2 claws + 1 bite + 1 melee weapon, and multiattack as a racial bonus feat.

For plant, there's Volodni (Unapproachable East, LA +2). There are racial stats for "Volodni Characters". They have all of the plant immunities, including crits and mind effects. You could probably adapt a Myconid Worker into a workable PC race without too much trouble.

Elemental is much tougher... best I can find are the Elemental Creature templates in Manual of the Planes. This will change the type of an existing creature to Elemental. LA seems to be between +4 and +5.

Draz74
2010-01-02, 02:27 AM
Plant? :smallconfused:

It qualifies for Rapidstrike.

Kelb_Panthera
2010-01-02, 04:50 AM
I'm not real familiar with rapid-strike but if fey can qualify then there's the killoren(sp) from races of the wild.