PDA

View Full Version : Neverending Dungeon - Reach

Tanaric
2010-01-01, 04:05 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.
Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||R|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet. (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=7482)

HCL
2010-01-01, 06:51 PM
Get my psionics ready, maneuvers prepared, glaive locked into left gauntlet. I start by taking 20 searching the room, prodding everything with my glaive. Then I prod the door as well. I'll take the torch in my right hand. Once I am certain that the door is safe I crack it open and let my psicrystal go through first (I am assuming that psicrystals can be replaced at will since there is no mention of a penalty for it being destroyed)

Tanaric
2010-01-01, 06:53 PM
Psicrystals use the familiar recovery system for our purposes here. Does that change anything?

HCL
2010-01-01, 07:26 PM
Well it still has DR5 so I think I'm alright with him walking ahead, moving silently and hiding

Tanaric
2010-01-01, 08:48 PM
Outside, your psicrystal reports that, as far as it can tell, the hall runs to the east and south. To the south, the hallway runs for thirty feet before teeing to the east and west. Twenty feet down, ten feet before the T, it splits east.

To the east, it runs beyond the range of the psicrystal's sighted range. After ten feet, it splits to the north and south. After thirty feet, there is a door on the north side of the hall.

HCL
2010-01-01, 09:22 PM
I follow my psicrystal staying about 10 feet behind it, we continue taking left turns until we find something of interest or return to our original position (in this case I think I take the first fork to the east) and continue to the north

Tanaric
2010-01-02, 06:10 PM
If you take left turns the whole way after leaving the room, you go north at the split.

It goes north for twenty feet, then east for ten feet, then north for ten feet before teeing to the east and west.

To the east, it goes beyond the range of your torchlight. After twenty feet, it splits north. After thirty feet, there is a door on the south side of the hall.

To the west, the way you're going, it runs for thirty feet before turning north, with a split north after twenty feet. You pass this split, and see that it continues for twenty feet before turning east.

You reach the bend and go north. The hall runs for thirty feet before turning east. After twenty feet, the floor falls out beneath you.

Reflex save.

HCL
2010-01-02, 06:35 PM
burn 1 pp for +4 on the save, share the psi like ability with my psicrystal if I can and it is relevant (I think he has spider climb or something like it so not sure if he falls)

[roll0] Reach's reflex

[roll1] crystal's reflex

at 9/10 pp

Tanaric
2010-01-02, 06:36 PM
The psicrystal was 10 feet ahead of you, as per your earlier statement. It didn't trigger the pit trap.

You pass. Which side of the pit do you want to end up on?

HCL
2010-01-02, 07:21 PM
The side closer to my psicrystal and we will keep going. How deep is the pit? If I can't see I will throw a copper piece or pebble in to get a general idea of how deep

I'll take my extra gear and put it in the sack and tie a rope to it and throw it ahead of me as I go taking 20 on my search check to check for pressure plates.

Tanaric
2010-01-03, 03:54 PM
The pit is twenty feet deep.

You continue north another twenty feet, then east twenty feet before finding yourself in a hall that runs south for ten feet before turning west. There is a door on the east side of the bend.

HCL
2010-01-03, 05:34 PM
I'll take 20 searching the area around the door and poking it, then open it

Tanaric
2010-01-03, 11:41 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||1||||
3||||||
4||||||[/table]

There is a door at A-3, which you are just outside of, and another at F-4, south side.

There is a gaunt, gray skinned creature inside. Its skin seems much too large for its form. Patches of rough, furlike hair cover its body, and its hands end in claws.

Roll initiative: [roll0]

HCL
2010-01-04, 12:21 AM
ruh roh [roll0]

Tanaric
2010-01-04, 12:32 AM
You're up first.

HCL
2010-01-04, 10:37 AM
So it is flat footed?

Swift: Enter punishing stance (+1d6 damage -2 ac)
Standard: Initiate Sapphire nightmare blade, expending psionic focus to take 15 on the check (bonus of +9 makes that a 24, I assume that will hit its flat footed ac)

[roll0] attack

lol

Move to E4 and end turn (assuming it is flat footed atm, if not let me know and I will make a tumble check)

Tanaric
2010-01-04, 07:34 PM
Creatures are flatfooted before taking their first action in combat. If it could have AoOed you, it would be because of Combat Reflexes or the like, which you have no way of knowing.

The door slides shut.

Tanaric
2010-01-11, 06:01 PM
*blink*

Sorry, I think I misread your turn. I thought you ended outside the room for some reason...

So the door doesn't slide shut, and the creature moves up and attacks you.

[roll0] for [roll1]

(You don't have the appropriate knowledge skill trained to identify the creature. I'll give you that much info for free.)

HCL
2010-01-11, 07:03 PM
I think I already used my swift action for the round so all i can do is AoO

[roll0]

HCL
2010-01-11, 07:04 PM
I'm guessing that hits so I will roll damage (if not save my damage roll for the next damaging attack)

1d10+1d6+4

Next Round: Attack [roll0]

HCL
2010-01-11, 07:06 PM
Hmm that second attack is a miss for sure. Here is a retry of that previous damage roll

[roll0] + [roll1] from punishing stance

if that does not kill it I attempt to tumble 15 feet away and end my turn

[roll2] DC 15

Tanaric
2010-01-11, 07:10 PM
It dies ingloriously. Have 150 xp.

HCL
2010-01-11, 09:57 PM
I make my way over to the south door, poke around it (takin 20) with the glaive and open it. THen I mosey on through trying to hide and move silently

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 01:00 PM
Opening the door reveals a hallway running to the south and east. To the south, it runs for ten feet before teeing to the east and west. To the east, it runs for ten feet before turning north. There's a red note hanging on the east face of this bend.

HCL
2010-01-12, 03:08 PM
I'll go read the note. Otherwise keep going left until i find something, taking 20 checking for traps everywhere.

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 03:09 PM
It explodes when you try to read it.

[roll0] force damage.

Continuing on that way?

HCL
2010-01-12, 05:32 PM
Spend 1 pp to negate, did it say anything interesting?

8/10 pp

yes

Tanaric
2010-01-12, 05:51 PM
It said "You had no idea I was here, so you're flatfooted. Much love, Tanaric."

HCL
2010-01-23, 03:55 PM
I continue on that way if it was not clear

Tanaric
2010-01-23, 03:57 PM
That was actually a not-so-subtle hint that you can't take immediate actions while flatfooted, and so couldn't negate the damage. Does that change anything?

HCL
2010-01-24, 10:19 AM
That was actually a not-so-subtle hint that you can't take immediate actions while flatfooted, and so couldn't negate the damage. Does that change anything?

I could see the paper so I don't see how I would be flat footed from it.

Tanaric
2010-01-26, 01:11 PM
Seeing a piece of paper and being aware that the writing on it was a miniature Explosive Runes trap are two very different things.