PDA

View Full Version : eldritch glaive is for dragonfire adepts, how can warlocks take it?

taltamir
2010-01-02, 06:52 AM
I heard alot about how awesome eldritch glaive is for warlocks... I finally looked it up, and it is an impressive source of damage, could make for some interesting melee builds, what with being a touch attack, and the damage.

Thing is, how can a warlock be using it? yes it is an invocation, but the book clearly says that those are invocations available only to dragon fire adepts (which are invocation based class described in p24 of dragon magic)

EDIT: resolved
on P78 it says "all following invocations are for dragonfire adepts"
then on P81 it says the following are warlock invocations...
then on P82 it lists glaive. While scrolling through the invocations I missed the paragraph in P81 that noted the transition from dragonfire adept invocations to warlock invocations. so yes, its a warlock invocation.

ex cathedra
2010-01-02, 06:56 AM
This is where I awkwardly point out that Eldritch Glaive is explicitly listed in the Warlock invocations that are also present in Dragon Magic. Have you read the ability? It specifically mentions how it alters an Eldritch Blast, which I don't recall the other invoking class having.

taltamir
2010-01-02, 06:59 AM
ok I see what happened...
on P78 it says "all following invocations are for dragonfire adepts"
then on P81 it says the following are warlock invocations...
then on P82 it lists glaive. While scrolling through the invocations I missed the paragraph in P81 that noted warlock invocations. so yes, its a warlock invocation.

Longcat
2010-01-02, 07:04 AM
Thing is, how can a warlock be using it?

Do note that this invocation is based on your Eldritch blast, hence Dragonfire Adepts can't even use it.

Asbestos
2010-01-02, 11:52 AM
Would be cool for DFAs, 'Dragon Breath Glaive'

Quietus
2010-01-02, 12:20 PM
Would be cool for DFAs, 'Dragon Breath Glaive'

I'd allow it, personally. Energy type = whatever breath energy type they had based on their breath effects. Might even allow it to be taken as either an invocation OR a breath effect, since they get so few of each.

Keld Denar
2010-01-02, 02:18 PM
The REAL question would be....could you use Entangling Exhalation with a "Dragonfire Glaive"...

Radiun
2010-01-02, 03:03 PM
The REAL question would be....could you use Entangling Exhalation with a "Dragonfire Glaive"...

Or how would the Fivefold Glaive of Tiamat look?

taltamir
2010-01-02, 03:08 PM

awesome cool?

9mm
2010-01-02, 03:24 PM

you breath glaives of energy... Open Wide.

taltamir
2010-01-02, 05:25 PM
you make a "holding" shape with your hands and breath out <energy> which twists around in midair and wraps around itself to form a glowing glaive of pure <energy> in your hand.