PDA

View Full Version : Niezck vs Grumman [High Level Dragon Game]

Niezck
2010-01-02, 10:01 AM
Akrile, young silver dragon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=174002); for reference's sake.

We start 200ft apart on a seemingly endless plain, no other terrain is visible.

I have no buffs to do pre-battle, but feel free if you do.

Before you stands a proud creature, its reflective silver scales glistening in the sunlight. A mighty roar lets you know that it's ready for battle, whatever that may bring. This dragon is young, only six feet tall and not exceptionally large, but a dragon nonetheless.

Grumman
2010-01-02, 10:13 AM
Katerine, fiend-slayer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=173920)

Opposite the dragon stands a tall human woman, clad in gleaming armour. She does not cower from the dragon's roar, instead calmly taking aim at it with her crossbow.

Knowledge Devotion: [roll0] (Wow, unbelievably lucky! Katerine gets +5 to hit and wound for the battle.)

Katerine enters her Holy Fury at the start of the encounter, and readies an action to fire when the dragon enters close range. (I just realised that I'd forgotten to add her crossbow sight, so it's only fair to leave it off for this battle.)

Niezck
2010-01-02, 10:16 AM
[roll0] Initiative

Grumman
2010-01-02, 10:17 AM
Ah, sorry.

Initiative: [roll0]

Katerine does as I said in the earlier post, waiting for you to make the first move.

Niezck
2010-01-02, 10:29 AM
Spreading his wings with a mighty roar, Akrile takes to the skies, flying at a 45 degree angle forwards, before levelling off and flying further towards the human.

Mechanics of my flight:

Okay, using up 100ft of movement to climb 50ft, going 25ft up and 25ft forwards (can only climb at a 45 deg angle). I then use my other 50ft of my move to go straight forwards, so I end up 25ft up and 75ft forwards, hovering as per my feat.

Grumman
2010-01-02, 10:45 AM
Katerine approaches the hovering dragon and fires a pair of bolts up at it.

"Come and get me, you overgrown lizard!"

Katerine moves forwards 30 feet, then fires a shot, which splits into two due to Splitting.

To hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
(+17 B.A.B, +7 Dex, +3 Enhancement, +5 Knowledge Devotion)

To wound:
[roll2]
[roll3]
(2d6, +1d6 Exit Wound, +2d6 Magebane, +3 Enhancement, +5 Improved Favoured Enemy, +5 Knowledge Devotion)

Niezck
2010-01-02, 11:04 AM
Both bolts strike the soaring dragon, and it roars in pain as they pierce its hide.

With the human having moved forwards, the glimmering dragon shoots forwards, directly towards the woman. Upon entering the skies above her, the dragon looks down and unleashes a chilling cone of cold upon her before continuing its flight.

Using fly-by attack, I do the following:

Fly 95ft forwards, so I'm 25ft above you, use my cone of cold (centred on you), then continue my move a further 30ft away from you, and perform a 180 degree turn (as per the diagram on p61 of draconomicon)with my remaining 25ft.

So I end my turn 30ft behind you, and 15ft to your left.

Cone of cold damage - [roll0]
DC 22 reflex for half

Niezck
2010-01-02, 11:09 AM
Knew I forgot something ...

My breath weapon can be used again in: (Don't read this one! :smalltongue:)

[roll0]

Grumman
2010-01-02, 11:14 AM
Katerine tries to dive out of the way as the dragon strafes her, then fires again at its belly.

Reflex save for none (Ring of Evasion): [roll0]

Reloads as a free action and fires again, the same as last time:

To hit:
[roll1]
[roll2]

To wound:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Niezck
2010-01-02, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I've got no chance. You can kill me with one more volley and I doubt I could even scratch you. :/

... I knew I should've gone for wizard ...

Grumman
2010-01-02, 11:24 AM
Looking at your character sheet, you don't seem to have any magic items yet. That didn't help. Rolling a natural 20 for Knowledge Devotion and you having just enough arcane ability to trigger Magebane and Favoured Enemy: arcanists doesn't help either.

Niezck
2010-01-02, 11:27 AM
Well, being a dragon and all, most of my wealth will go into precious gems and coins that'll sit happily in my lair. I'm not really imagining I'll be use many, if not any, magic items.

EDIT: Scratch that, just found the dragon magic items section in draconomicon. Sorted! :smallbiggrin:

Grumman
2010-01-02, 11:37 AM
A Minor Cloak Gorget of Displacement and some magical mithral armour would probably be a good idea, too.