PDA

View Full Version : {3.5e} Savant Remake

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-02, 06:34 PM
I love Savant, but the poor casting ability and pointless Sneak Attack seems pointless. Here's my idea for a fix:

Drop the Sneak attack
Drop Arcane and Divine Lore

add Full 9th Level Casting for both Arcane and Divine

any other ideas?

EdroGrimshell
2010-01-02, 06:41 PM
Drop the Sneak attack
Drop Arcane and Divine Lore

add Full 9th Level Casting for both Arcane and Divine

That is a bit powerful, maybe half casting would be more appropriate.

Also, the sneak attack is part of it being a jack of all trades, although the factotum is actually a fix for the savant already.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-01-02, 06:42 PM
I love Savant, but the poor casting ability and pointless Sneak Attack seems pointless. Here's my idea for a fix:

Love the what now? This definitely isn't a core 3.5 class, or a prestige class. In fact, the only thing I can think of close to it is the Elemental Savant, which definitely isn't what you're talking about.

Perhaps a link?

...add Full 9th Level Casting for both Arcane and Divine...

I don't care what you're talking about...this is a patently bad idea. Handing it the ultimate game-breaking power from BOTH sides of the divided line? Sorry, but no.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-02, 06:48 PM
That is a bit powerful, maybe half casting would be more appropriate.

Also, the sneak attack is part of it being a jack of all trades, although the factotum is actually a fix for the savant already.

I see your point. I like the Half-Casting Idea, though could MT be a broken advantage in any version of this class?

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-02, 06:50 PM
Love the what now? This definitely isn't a core 3.5 class, or a prestige class. In fact, the only thing I can think of close to it is the Elemental Savant, which definitely isn't what you're talking about.

Perhaps a link?

Its from Dragon Magazine Compendium.

I don't care what you're talking about...this is a patently bad idea. Handing it the ultimate game-breaking power from BOTH sides of the divided line? Sorry, but no.

How does Half-Casting

Scarlet Tropix
2010-01-02, 07:03 PM
I think you're actually talking about the Scholar, in that case, as there is no Savant in the Dragon Compendium.

There was a thread I was in where we discussed improvements to this class. I'll look for it.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-02, 07:06 PM
I think you're actually talking about the Scholar, in that case, as there is no Savant in the Dragon Compendium.

There was a thread I was in where we discussed improvements to this class. I'll look for it.

yes there is. Pg 45 of Dragon Magazine Compendium. I have it right here in my lap

Scarlet Tropix
2010-01-02, 07:16 PM
Huh. You're right.

I guess that's my bad then. Sorry.

Still looking for the topic though.