PDA

View Full Version : Entertain Me!

Kjata
2010-01-03, 09:12 AM
So im bored, and a wee bit drunk. It is six in the morning, tomorrow is my last day of winter break, and it is going to be AWFUL. So, its up to you, The Playgrounders, my favorite people on the internet, to ease my pain! I am looking for some anime to watch, and maybe some webcomics and movies. This is not just for tmorrow, mind you, I am perpetually bored. Soo....

Good Anime
Code Geass
Death Note
Monster (but its too long)
Baccano!
Full Metal Alchemist
Rune Soldier Louie

Good Webcomics
OOTS (well obviously)
Something Positive
Questionable Content
Darths and Droids
Goblins

Favorite Movies
Lord of the Rings
The Prestige
American Gangster

Like i said, Kinda drunk, so I'll further expand on this tomorrow. Just a note, Baccano is my favorite anime and my favorite genre of webcomic is 20 something year old get drunk and live live, and I am currently enjoying Questionable Content a lot. Something Positive is too, well, un-positive.

Good Night and Good Morrow, Playgrounders!

Attilargh
2010-01-03, 09:15 AM
Baccano, you say? Well, in the genre of blood, funny characters, more blood, pretty animation, perhaps even excessive amounts of blood and supernatural beings, watch Hellsing Ultimate. It's got Nazi zombies vampires.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-03, 09:20 AM
yugioh the abridged series on youtube. (it's hilarious.)

Emperor Ing
2010-01-03, 09:23 AM
Well, as for webcomics, you can check out my fancomic in the Fan Comics forum. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131711) :smalltongue:

And if you're on about Abridged serieses, DBZ Abridged (http://tfsabridged.com/)is also extremely entertaining.

Kjata
2010-01-03, 09:51 AM
@Attilargh: You had me until zombies. I know I'm like the worst geek ever for saying this, but zombies aren't my thing.

Yes, YGOTAS is AWESOME. I just saw that Brooklyn Rage Lady Gaga Parody earlier, and I couldnt stop laughing.

Will check out your webcomic, and either sing your praises or **** or your front porch. I hope its the former!

Athaniar
2010-01-03, 10:01 AM
If you like abridged series, watch Naruto abridged.

Webcomics
You like Darths, how about Irregular Webcomic (same author) or DM of the Rings (same style)?

Anime
Neon Genesis Evangelion (warning: it's... odd)
Last Exile

Attilargh
2010-01-03, 10:07 AM
@Attilargh: You had me until zombies.
Did I say zombies? My bad. I meant vampires. Nazi vampires.

And not the sparkly kind either, oh no. :smallamused:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-03, 10:16 AM
If you like abridged series, watch Naruto abridged.

"as your punishment you can never watch yugioh abridged again! you can still watch Naruto abridged, but everybody knows that's just not as good!" :smalltongue:

Kjata
2010-01-03, 10:25 AM
Read Dm of the Rings, it was good :smallbiggrin:
Treid to read Irregular webcomic, got about 600 in then my eyes started bleeding, doctor told me I'm not allowed to read it anymore.
This is the second threa to recomend Evangelion, I guess I really have to watch it... lol.

Thankis for the suggestions everybody! When I'm hungover I'll tell you how they went.

I see my typing is getting pretty bad, so I'm gonna leav it at this. Good Night! (or morning, or whatever the hell you consider 8am:smalleek:)

Sneak
2010-01-03, 10:29 AM
For webcomics, uh, well, my brother is always trying to get me to read Schlock Mercenary.

For movies:
Cool Hand Luke
Memento
Thank You For Smoking
Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid
Galaxy Quest

Setra
2010-01-03, 10:31 AM
Good Anime
Code Geass
Death Note
Monster (but its too long)
Baccano!
Full Metal Alchemist
Rune Soldier Louie

Let's see.. I don't know too much about some of these but.. based on those.. hm

Death note has been compared to Akumetsu, so I might recommend that.. though I don't know if they've made an anime of it, there is a completed manga however.

The guy who did Monster also did some other manga.. You may like 20th Century Boys, it's pretty good. Though again, I do not know if there's an anime of it.. Though there ARE live action movies (That I REALLY want to see).

I have not seen Rune Soldier Louie, though I want to. I know it's been compared to Slayers, which is one of my alltime favorite anime, so I would definitely say check that out. Also I think it's been compared to the Record of Lodoss War, which I would also recommend (Both the tv series and the OVA series)

GoC
2010-01-03, 12:27 PM
Among the best webcomics are: Girl Genius (mad science), Schlock Mercenary (sci-fi) and Drowtales: The Moonless Age (fantasy)

SurlySeraph
2010-01-03, 04:18 PM
Dr. McNinja. (http://drmcninja.com/issues/)

Athaniar
2010-01-03, 04:40 PM
Oh, and for movies, check my Movie in the Playground thread, where we Playgrounders voted for our favorite movies (Monty Python and the Holy Grail won).

Kjata
2010-01-03, 06:18 PM
Oh, and for movies, check my Movie in the Playground thread, where we Playgrounders voted for our favorite movies (Monty Python and the Holy Grail won).

Do you have a link?

Lord Seth
2010-01-03, 06:33 PM
Try Atop The Fourth Wall (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/at4w), a web video series where a guy reads really bad comics and makes fun of them. His multi-part "Amazons Attack" and "Countdown" reviews are probably his best works, in my opinion.

Also, SF Debris (http://www.youtube.com/user/sfdebris) if you're into Star Trek at all (and, well, maybe even if you aren't). His reviews are absolutely hilarious. (note that when he gives a final score, the score is on a 1-10 scale for that particular series, making a 5/10 average; so in other words, an average episode of The Next Generation isn't going to mean the same quality as an average episode of Voyager). He's mostly done reviews of Star Trek: Voyager, but he's also got some reviews up of the other series, including some of the movies.