PDA

View Full Version : Timeless Body

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 08:18 PM
What is the fastest way to get Timeless Body or some other way of ignoring the aging penalties but keeping the mental bonuses. Other than Dragonwraught Kobold of course. Least abusive ways are best but not required.

FishAreWet
2010-01-03, 08:23 PM
Timeless Body - or immune to aging, or can't die from age, or something similar
Sapphire Hierarch 8, ecl 13, Magic of Incarnum
Monk 17
Druid 15
Cloud Anchorite
Alienist 9, ecl 14, Complete Arcane
Contemplative 9, ecl 19, Complete Divine, don't take penalties for aging, still die of old age
Tattoed Monk 5, ecl 10, Complete Warrior, don't take penalties for aging, still die of old age
Master of Many Forms ?
Henshin Mystic
Eldritch Disciple 10, ecl 15, Complete Mage
Zerth Cenobite 10, ecl 16, Complete Psionic, same name but completely different ability
Holt Warden 9, ecl 14, Complete Champion
Dragon Prophet 10, ecl 15, Magic of Eberron, "ageless", gain the bonuses but not the penalties, see text
Initiate of the Draconic Mysteries 9, ecl 14, Draconomicon

SOURCE: Surreal's Lists of Stuff

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 08:26 PM
Huh. Considering I even own the Oriental Adventures book and Tattooed Monk is one of my favorite classes from it you'd think I'd remember that one. Hmmm so far that sounds best since I was going for monk anyway but didn't want to wait until lvl 17.

FishAreWet
2010-01-03, 08:28 PM
Complete Warrior's Tattooed Monk is from a more recent source. I don't know what's actually different though.

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 08:35 PM
I've read both but not recently for the complete warrior one. Basically IIRC they changed a few of the tattoos. Mostly changing the levels required for them. Mostly just a reprint though.

GenPol
2010-01-03, 09:39 PM
Timeless body doesn't prevent you from dying of old age, it just protects you from aging penalties

SRD, the fastest way I know is Druid 15, which has already been given. I don't have much experience outside of SRD, so I guess I'm not much help there :smalltongue:

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 10:16 PM
Timeless body doesn't prevent you from dying of old age, it just protects you from aging penalties

SRD, the fastest way I know is Druid 15, which has already been given. I don't have much experience outside of SRD, so I guess I'm not much help there :smalltongue:

yeah I know you still die but I want the +3 mental stats without the -6 physical stats...

Yeah druid wont work for this. I want the character to be mostly monk so 15 levels of some completely unrelated class doesn't fit too well. I was hoping there was some PrC or something from some book I don't have that'd get it faster than pure monk and so far Tat Monk seems best.

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-01-03, 11:03 PM
Well, just consider the druid to be a BEAR monk. Clawing someone's face off, punching really hard: what's the difference, really?

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 11:05 PM
Well, just consider the druid to be a BEAR monk. Clawing someone's face off, punching really hard: what's the difference, really?

The fact that I wanna use stunning fist with the OA feat to make it a paralyzing touch and you only get one use per 4 non monk levels?

Thrice Dead Cat
2010-01-03, 11:17 PM
The fact that I wanna use stunning fist with the OA feat to make it a paralyzing touch and you only get one use per 4 non monk levels?

Eh, go Monk 2/Druid 15, instead. Monk's Belt may help get you a few more uses per day, and there may be a feat in Complete Adventurer or Complete Warrior to help you further.

EDIT: Also, if you're starting at ~15 anyhow, three or four uses/day should cover most combats.

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 11:22 PM
Eh, go Monk 2/Druid 15, instead. Monk's Belt may help get you a few more uses per day, and there may be a feat in Complete Adventurer or Complete Warrior to help you further.

EDIT: Also, if you're starting at ~15 anyhow, three or four uses/day should cover most combats.

Monks belt would not help at all actually. That only affects unarmed damage. Stunning Fist gives you one use per monk level and one per four non monk level. So using druid would get me 5 uses. Enough for maybe one or two encounters unless I am really conservative. I'd rather take more monk levels and be able to use it as a primary attack method. I know it's not the most optimized plan but it seems fun. Also If I was gonna wait untill level 17 to get timeless body I'd just go pure monk...