PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish my evil Cleric. 3.5

DoctorIllithid
2010-01-03, 09:54 PM
Hi, I'm new to D&D and I just created a Lawful Evil Cleric for the heck of it. I want to make sure I did this remotely right, so please just tell me anything that needs to be changed.
Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=176901

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 09:59 PM
It might be a better idea to put the 14 in con instead of dex. More life is always good and fort saves are more important than reflex saves.

Also I'm not sure how you have a LE character who "...rest of his time helping people kill..." and "...is generally good hearted..." Those two quotes seem at odds with eachother to me. It is your character though so if it makes sense to you it doesn't matter.

DoctorIllithid
2010-01-03, 10:01 PM
...Right...I'll go ahead and fix that...What was I thinking...

Xenogears
2010-01-03, 10:41 PM
...Right...I'll go ahead and fix that...What was I thinking...

Do you mean the con/dex thing or the inconsisten description? I'm going to assume the latter but just wanted to clarify. Also you have a +0 con modifier and a D8 HD so why do you have 10 HP?

FlamingKobold
2010-01-03, 11:12 PM
You're also a 43 year old human. That's at least middle aged, isn't it? Make sure you factor that in.

DoctorIllithid
2010-01-04, 06:05 AM
Do you mean the con/dex thing or the inconsisten description? I'm going to assume the latter but just wanted to clarify. Also you have a +0 con modifier and a D8 HD so why do you have 10 HP?

Because I have absolutely no idea how to figure out my character's hit points...

BooNL
2010-01-04, 06:16 AM
Because I have absolutely no idea how to figure out my character's hit points...

You take the full dice at first level (8 in the cleric's case) and add 1 hit point for each Con modifier you have.
So if you have a Con of 14 (+2 modifier) you gain +2 hitpoints at first level.

Each level you either roll/take average/take max hit points (depends on your DM) and add your Con modifier again.

So a second level cleric with 14 Con has 20 HPs if you take max at each level.

akma
2010-01-04, 07:53 AM
You seem to have forgot to use your skill points. You should have 12 skill points. Also, pistol and scale male doesn`t realy fit togather... (at least not in my head) In what kind of Campaign world are you playing?
Also, if you are an evil cleric, why do you know celestial and not infernal? Is it know the enemy kind of thing? And 14 in wisdom seems low to me for a cleric. If you used a point buy system, I would raise the wisdom a bit on the expense of strength (unless for some reason you want you character to be stronger then the averege person, in such case, ignore what I wrote).
And don`t forget to choose to which god your cleric worships.

Xenogears
2010-01-04, 08:23 AM
You seem to have forgot to use your skill points. You should have 12 skill points. Also, pistol and scale male doesn`t realy fit togather... (at least not in my head) In what kind of Campaign world are you playing?
Also, if you are an evil cleric, why do you know celestial and not infernal? Is it know the enemy kind of thing? And 14 in wisdom seems low to me for a cleric. If you used a point buy system, I would raise the wisdom a bit on the expense of strength (unless for some reason you want you character to be stronger then the averege person, in such case, ignore what I wrote).
And don`t forget to choose to which god your cleric worships.

He made in notes in the character description that he knows celestial to help him pose as a good cleric. Also he could be a cleric of an ideal so he does not in fact need a god.

DoctorIllithid
2010-01-04, 04:32 PM
You take the full dice at first level (8 in the cleric's case) and add 1 hit point for each Con modifier you have.
So if you have a Con of 14 (+2 modifier) you gain +2 hitpoints at first level.

Each level you either roll/take average/take max hit points (depends on your DM) and add your Con modifier again.

So a second level cleric with 14 Con has 20 HPs if you take max at each level.

...I don't understand...Just roll one eight sided dice and add the con bonus?

Eldariel
2010-01-04, 04:40 PM
...I don't understand...Just roll one eight sided dice and add the con bonus?

Seems you understand just fine :smallconfused: Though you automatically are treated as if having rolled the maximum possible result on your die on the first level.

Weezer
2010-01-04, 04:40 PM
Not for the first level, 1st level you take the maximum of your hit die, in your case 8, and add your con modifier, in your case +2 for a total of 10 hit points.

For future level ups you roll an 8 sided die and add your con bonus, simple as that.

DoctorIllithid
2010-01-04, 04:57 PM
Alright, thanks. Just making sure.
Anything else need to be changed?