PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used Rich's "The New World"?

Harperfan7
2010-01-04, 07:10 AM
Specifically the d20 modern rules for dark ages with spellcasters being prestige classes?

GenPol
2010-01-04, 07:24 AM
I haven't used those, but I have borrowed some elements from the campaign world. I loved the idea of the Traders, mysterious merchant people from a far away land. The twist I added to them was that they were elves. This is in a campaign in which I barred elves from character creation. I do have a half elf player, however, but as far as his character knows, he's all human. Nice RP points there.

I didn't take much else from his actual campaign world, but reading through the articles definitely gave me some help in how I went about creating my own campaign world.

LordZarth
2010-01-04, 03:17 PM
I used his world for a bit. I mean, it's not too fleshed out, so it was mostly up for interpretation. I love it.

Flarp
2010-01-05, 05:07 PM
I've used his sun-moon gods (complete with astereotypical gender roles) as the human gods in my campaign setting, though the trickster male's patronage is the weather, not the moon.

I use TNW like I would a cookbook, an instruction manual, or any other informative work detailing creation of an object - it's good as a base, or as a source of elements to add in, but I would never straight-up use it.