PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Psiforged

AslanCross
2010-01-04, 09:43 AM
Ok, there's something really wrong here. In Magic of Eberron, it says that the Psiforged are simply Warforged who took the Psiforged Body feat at level 1.

There are two sample statblocks for the Psiforged in that chapter. Neither has the Psiforged Body feat.

I am aware that text trumps table/statblocks, so the statblocks should be wrong. (They're wrong in many ways, including not applying the warforged racial ability mods) However, they do mention two things that the Psiforged Body feat does NOT mention: "naturally psionic" and "psicrystal body."

I have no idea how to reconcile this.

Zaq
2010-01-04, 09:46 AM
The statblocks are simply wrong. There's nothing else to it, really.

Someday, I'd like to see a tally of all the WotC example characters who are RAW-legal or generally not nonsensical vs. those that are, well, flat out wrong. The ratio would, I imagine, be disturbing, because SO MANY WOTC EXAMPLE CHARACTERS ARE WRONG.

BooNL
2010-01-04, 09:49 AM
Most likely Psiforged were meant to be a seperate creature type with naturally psionic" and "psicrystal body." They probably changed their mind later, but never adjusted the stat blocks.

That, or they really have blind monkeys writing all their books.

Optimystik
2010-01-04, 09:56 AM
That, or they really have blind monkeys writing all their books.

And they all flung poo randomly at canvas to create the Truenamer.

Xenogears
2010-01-04, 09:56 AM
The statblocks are simply wrong. There's nothing else to it, really.

Someday, I'd like to see a tally of all the WotC example characters who are RAW-legal or generally not nonsensical vs. those that are, well, flat out wrong. The ratio would, I imagine, be disturbing, because SO MANY WOTC EXAMPLE CHARACTERS ARE WRONG.

Like the Drunken Master. Damn example made me hopeful it advanced unarmed damage. Why would they want to hurt me so...

kamikasei
2010-01-04, 10:01 AM
Someday, I'd like to see a tally of all the WotC example characters who are RAW-legal or generally not nonsensical vs. those that are, well, flat out wrong.

We had such a thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135592) started about a fortnight ago; let's keep it alive!

In this instance I agree with Boo, they probably intended for them to function as a psionic race and didn't update the statblocks when they changed the concept.

AslanCross
2010-01-04, 05:34 PM
Yeah, the last minute change was what I was thinking too. Granted it's hard to edit statblocks. I make that mistake when DMing all the time, since I copy-paste from older statblocks instead.

This also seems to be the cause for the error in, say, the sample Ruby Knight Vindicator in TOB.