PDA

View Full Version : Non-enhancement Bonuses to CHA

Amphetryon
2010-01-04, 04:14 PM
Fairly straightforward. Do you good folks know of items, spells, etc that provide a bonus of any type other than 'enhancement' to CHA? Citation of the source would be appreciated, with page references doubly praised. I'd like to compile as exhaustive a list as possible.

Glimbur
2010-01-04, 04:46 PM
Greater Visage of the Diety, a 9th level cleric spell from SpC, gives a +4 to Cha, untyped if you are good, and +2 to Cha if you are evil.

The 4th level Artificer Infusion Item Alteration, from the Eberron Campaign Setting book, will let you change the +Cha from a cloak or whatever to a competence or circumstance or a few other bonus types instead.

May I ask why you're looking for this stuff?

Amphetryon
2010-01-04, 05:12 PM
The Penny Dreadful Paladin doesn't let you stack enhancement bonuses beyond its own abilities, but specifies 'enhancement'. That 'should' mean other bonus types stack normally as written.

good_lookin_gus
2010-01-04, 05:19 PM
The Fiendish Codex I has a Bard Spell called Inner Beauty. It's flavored as a de-buff, but it lasts 10min/lvl and gives a Good target +4 non-enhancement to Cha and probably some other things I can't remember.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-04, 05:42 PM
There's a pirate or captains hat somewhere that provides a +5 untyped bonus to cha. I can't remember the source...but stormwrack seems likely.

Keld Denar
2010-01-04, 05:50 PM
Thats the Admiral's Bicorn, and its a bonus on Cha CHECKS not on your actual Cha. It would increases a paladin's ability to turn undead, but it wouldn't give him any bonuses on his saving throws from Divine Grace.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-04, 05:51 PM
The always handy but damnably expensive Tomes show up, it this case the Tome of Leadership and Influence for a permanent Inherent Bonus of anywhere between +1 and +5.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-04, 06:03 PM
Thats the Admiral's Bicorn, and its a bonus on Cha CHECKS not on your actual Cha. It would increases a paladin's ability to turn undead, but it wouldn't give him any bonuses on his saving throws from Divine Grace.

Ah, yup, thats the right name. Curse my terrible memory, I had it mentally socked away as something to buy next time I rolled a sorc.

Thurbane
2010-01-04, 06:06 PM
Nice item for a Binder (Binding checks = CHA checks).

Optimystik
2010-01-04, 08:13 PM
Nice item for a Binder (Binding checks = CHA checks).

Also Malconvoker for the Planar Binding mindrapenegotiation.

Abd al-Azrad
2010-01-04, 11:56 PM
I know it's not following the rules precisely, but Nixie's Grace, a 6th-level bard buff, gives a 10min/level +8 enhancement boost to Cha- which is better than any other non-epic item or spell that gives an enhancement bonus (it also has other side benefits). (SpC pg. 148)

A couple of the 'Paragon (Race)' classes have a 3rd-level +2 unnamed boost to either Cha or the ability of your choice. Human Paragon also continues to increase spellcasting levels by 2/3, so you don't miss an intolerable amount of progression. (Unearthed Arcana pg. 43)

The Heartwarder PrC from Forgotten Realms, back in 3.0, gave full casting progression as well as a total +5 inherent bonus to Cha (Faiths and Pantheons pg. 196). Won't stack with tomes, but it's free.

And you can always age your character... it gets more and more costly, but the first age category is a +1 to mental scores, costing -1 to physicals... can be worth it.