PDA

View Full Version : Captian Kirk Vs. Han Solo

Gamerlord
2010-01-04, 06:44 PM
Only an idiot doesn't know who these guys are.
The details:
Arena:
The bridge of the enterprise NCC-1701(The one in the first TV show), nobody but them are present.
The equipment:
Han Solo: His jacket and his custom-modified DL-44 heavy blaster pistol (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DL-44_heavy_blaster_pistol)
Kirk: His uniform and a Type-2 Phaser (http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Type_2_phaser).

The reason I'm asking this: They are both scoundrel-types, and Kirk vs. Picard just plain isn't fair. Plus I was curious.

Egiam
2010-01-04, 06:50 PM
I normally don't participate in this kind of thread. Heck.

Well, Kirk knows how to use the machinery on board the ship, while Han Solo does not. This gives Kirk a massive advantage.

Han solo is an amazing athelete, while Kirk is... not really.

I would have to idea how to compare the weapons.

I would vote for Han Solo, as he has experienced far more close quarters combat.

DraPrime
2010-01-04, 06:51 PM
Well, Kirk knows how to use the machinery on board the ship, while Han Solo does not. This gives Kirk a massive advantage.

This indeed does. However, Han has a cool jacket. That determines everything here.

starwoof
2010-01-04, 07:00 PM
I think Han would win because he shoots first.

Woodsman
2010-01-04, 07:02 PM
Han didn't shoot first in Episode IV (I swear!). Either way, he just leans a little to his right to dodge the shot.

Clearly Han has excellent blaster-fighting skills.

multilis
2010-01-04, 07:11 PM
Since this occurs on Enterprise, obviously an episode of Star Trek, and captain Kirk will win:

A mysterious green skinned female materializes, and saves captain Kirk, then gives him a kiss. (It doesn't matter if only Kirk and Solo are there, Kirk has summon random female alien love interest castable once per episode)

Tirian
2010-01-04, 07:19 PM
Han solo is an amazing athelete, while Kirk is... not really.

I'm not familiar with this athleticism of Han Solo's. Unless you mean that he would obviously have to be a Batman-level martial artist to be able to defeat Boba Fett at hand-to-hand combat while blind. Other than that, I only recall some hurried walking and pulling the trigger on his blaster. Kirk gets into barfights with his fists.

I like Han, but he's not winning this fight. Kirk isn't a stormtrooper, and the power of plot would compel both of them to be weaponless at some point in the fight, and then Han is down in one punch.

Seraph
2010-01-04, 07:30 PM
Kirk wins because a phaser shoots faster than a blaster.

chiasaur11
2010-01-04, 07:37 PM
Han didn't shoot first in Episode IV (I swear!).

Filthy heretic.

Alteran
2010-01-04, 07:51 PM

Yeah, but the blaster bolt would miraculously just burn off Kirk's shirt.

starwoof
2010-01-04, 07:55 PM
Yeah, but the blaster bolt would miraculously just burn off Kirk's shirt.

And then he rolls across the room!

Szilard
2010-01-04, 08:35 PM
Han didn't shoot first in Episode IV (I swear!). Either way, he just leans a little to his right to dodge the shot.

Clearly Han has excellent blaster-fighting skills.

Originally, Greedo didn't shoot at all. Go watch the original VHS.

Monk12
2010-01-04, 08:44 PM

Solo shoots first, but phasers are more lethal. Kirk dodges the first shot with a fantastic combat roll that Solo can't match.

More interesting to me is William Shatner v Harrison Ford

pendragon222
2010-01-04, 10:22 PM
Since this occurs on Enterprise, obviously an episode of Star Trek, and captain Kirk will win:

A mysterious green skinned female materializes, and saves captain Kirk, then gives him a kiss. (It doesn't matter if only Kirk and Solo are there, Kirk has summon random female alien love interest castable once per episode)

this might be true but Han has an amazing jedi wife who is always by his side. Leia would never let som random alein chick unbalance the odds against Han.
Also if you look into the star wars expanded universe Han has his share of bar fights and other phsyical activities so when it comes to the point of both Kirk and him losing their wepons then they would be about even
As for shooting and blaster and phasers, Han [I]did[I] shoot first so its likely that the same occurene would take place. after that i dont know.
in concolusion i would bet on Han

Wardog
2010-01-23, 05:31 PM
I would vote for Han Solo, as he has experienced far more close quarters combat.

Oh really?

http://trekmovie.com/2009/04/19/trekmovies-guide-to-kirk-fu/

Anyway:

Malcom Reynolds shows up and shoots them both first.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-01-23, 05:34 PM
Kirk and Solo seem more to me like the kind of guys who'd team up and kick major amounts of Kingon and Imperial butt together!

doliest
2010-01-23, 05:41 PM
I'd vote Kirk all the way; make fun of the bad fight choreography(really, TOS fights are hilarious ) but, Kirk has shown he can overpower Klingons and Lizard men, and wield almost any melee weapon. In a straight up brawl, Kirk would likely win. Phaser's beat Lasers, although Han would likely shoot faster, so it's more than possible Han would win that one. Kirk has been shown to out-think almost anything; whether it be machine, god, or enemy commanders; in a game of wits, Kirk wins.

Emperor Ing
2010-01-23, 05:41 PM
Well it depends how many shots Han can dodge by sitting down. :smalltongue: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Asjh-HjRE)

factotum
2010-01-23, 05:57 PM
Phaser's beat Lasers, although Han would likely shoot faster

What do lasers have to do with it? Whatever that gun Han carries around fires, it clearly isn't a laser.

Rutskarn
2010-01-23, 07:29 PM
I think we can just about agree: there's no way in hell any nerd worth his salt will be able to evaluate this one impartially. Basically, you're asking which one we think is cooler.

Oh, yeah, Han Solo.

Force
2010-01-23, 07:29 PM
I'll take the gun that is ergonomically designed, burns metal to the point it's smoking, and blows chunks out of walls, to boot. Han's also a man who's spent his life fighting dirty. That said, if this is on the bridge of the Enterprise Kirk has a massive advantage. Lord help Han if Kirk happens to get his shirt ripped, too.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 08:08 PM
This thread has got to have the greatest question ever.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-24, 08:36 PM
Han Solo wins this one by so much. Seriously, it doesn't even bear considering Kirks chances - he's ultimately a poser in comparison to the tr00 kvlt spacer.

chiasaur11
2010-01-24, 08:38 PM
Hmm.

In Solo's favor? He avoided awful prequels.

In Kirk's favor, his prequel was good.

Hmm.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 08:40 PM
Whoever would win I just want to see Spock v. Chewee.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-24, 08:42 PM
Whoever would win I just want to see Spock v. Chewee.

You mean Spock being beaten into a pulpy mess?

I'd like that too.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 08:43 PM
You mean Spock being beaten into a pulpy mess?

I'd like that too.

I thought Vulcans had superhuman strength and fighting skills?

doliest
2010-01-24, 08:45 PM
They still call the weapons in Star Wars, 'Lasers' and I've always taken that at face value.

Edit:I'd bet on Spock in a fight against Chewie; although that IS coming down to personal preference.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-24, 10:19 PM
I thought Vulcans had superhuman strength and fighting skills?

He wouldn't even close. Chewie is a dead eye with a bowcaster. Those slugs will grind him down.

Then there'll probably be some corpse mutilation to reduce him to the aforementioned pulp :smallbiggrin:

They still call the weapons in Star Wars, 'Lasers' and I've always taken that at face value.

They've always called them blasters. If you believe anything else then you are wrong.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-25, 02:32 AM
He wouldn't even close. Chewie is a dead eye with a bowcaster. Those slugs will grind him down.

I meant a fight without any weapons.

doliest
2010-01-25, 02:37 AM
Right, sorry, 'Blasters.' Which are visibly weaker than Phasers; which, on the highest setting, can actively vaporize things. I repeat, not burn with plasma-based bullets, but vaporize.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-01-25, 09:02 AM
Right, sorry, 'Blasters.' Which are visibly weaker than Phasers; which, on the highest setting, can actively vaporize things. I repeat, not burn with plasma-based bullets, but vaporize.

Phasers are often defeated by shipping craters, blasters will burn through them. Additionally, Blasters actually carry more power and are a hell of a lot more MAN.

(In Star Wars it just so happens that defensive designs improved as well as the other stuff, hence occasionally lackluster results.)

I meant a fight without any weapons.

Much more interesting. It all comes down to who gets the first blow in, which is probably Chewie. It remains, however, up in the air - Wookies might be leet shocktroopers but to call Spock a slouch would be a hideous underestimation.

My money is personally on Chewie, but both seem like good candidates.

Dervag
2010-01-25, 10:17 AM
I think we can just about agree: there's no way in hell any nerd worth his salt will be able to evaluate this one impartially. Basically, you're asking which one we think is cooler.

Oh, yeah, Han Solo.See, this is why I was so careful to set up the conditions of the contest when I did one of these. It helped people get past the "who's cooler" kneejerk and compare the characters.

They still call the weapons in Star Wars, 'Lasers' and I've always taken that at face value.I understand, but they also call them "blaster rifles" when they clearly do not have spiral grooves down the barrel so that the solid, Mach 1-3 projectile will be spin-stabilized in flight.

Technical terms aren't always that precise. Star Wars hand weapons don't act much like lasers at all; they produce clearly visible glowing blobs that travel at speeds the eye can track. Lasers don't do either.

doliest
2010-01-25, 10:21 AM
I understand, but they also call them "blaster rifles" when they clearly do not have spiral grooves down the barrel so that the solid, Mach 1-3 projectile will be spin-stabilized in flight.

Technical terms aren't always that precise. Star Wars hand weapons don't act much like lasers at all; they produce clearly visible glowing blobs that travel at speeds the eye can track. Lasers don't do either.

I think they're plama based weapons, after checking again. Either way, they cause injuries when shooting someone, Phasers on higher settings disintegrate people, I'd say that comes out to a win for Phasers.