PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Bard? 3.5e

Darius Rae
2010-01-04, 09:55 PM
With school starting up again soon, so will a new campaign. I have recently decided that the bard is a class made of pure awesome, and I love dragons. In this new campaign (it will be a sandbox game so I can't guess what exactly we will be doing) I want to combine the ideas of the bard and the dragon past the simple DFI builds.

What I really want to know is if anyone has ideas of how to make a kobold (or other draconic race) bard that would be awesome to rp. The group that I will play with will not be optimizers so I am ok with not picking whisper gnome or human for bard like I feel like I should.

edit: I would prefer a snowflake wardance / weapon finesse build over a ranged build, but I will take whatever works :smallbiggrin:

Mongoose87
2010-01-04, 09:57 PM
Doom Doom Doom

Yuki Akuma
2010-01-04, 09:57 PM
Well, obviously you should take Dragonfire Inspiration. Doubly so because it's both appropriate and, you know, good.

Dragonwrought will probably let you pick whichever energy type you like for your "Dragonfire". Ask your DM about that, because it only mentions half-dragons and Draconic Heritage.

Try to grab as many Inspire Courage boosters as you can. Also, Snowflake Wardance (doubly so if you're White or Silver Dragonwrought, as it's appropriate there too).

Ozreth
2010-01-04, 10:01 PM
Play 4e and roll a Dragonborn Bard : )

Yuki Akuma
2010-01-04, 10:07 PM

Or, you know, a Kobold Bard and get your Shift on.

Darius Rae
2010-01-04, 10:07 PM

I did consider that, but my group and I prefer 3.5

Ravens_cry
2010-01-04, 10:09 PM
fourth edition Dragonborn: Big hulking dragon men (and women) with a Worf Complex

Kobold: Little, tiny, yippy, yappy, little, reptilian ankle biters.
Epic Suggestion Fail. :smallyuk:

The Glyphstone
2010-01-04, 10:13 PM
Use the character I've always wanted to play but never had a chance...

Kobold Bard with maxed ranks in Perform(Dead Gnome Joke).:smallcool:

Optimize to taste with Song of the Heart, Inspirational Boost, Words of Creation, Dragonfire Inspiration, etc.

Yuki Akuma
2010-01-04, 10:17 PM
fourth edition Dragonborn: Big hulking dragon men (and women) with a Worf Complex

Kobald: Little, tiny, yippy, yappy, little, reptilian ankle biters.
Epic Suggestion Fail. :smallyuk:

What the hell is a Kobald? Is it a naked Kobold?

Darius Rae
2010-01-04, 10:23 PM
For preform(dead gnome joke) would I need a dead gnome instead of an instrument? Also, how do I get a masterwork dead gnome?

I will probably be descended from a battle dragon, at least I think those are the dragons that do sonic damage. Would it we worth it to pick up dragonwrought kobold and/or dragon wings or should I just pick up DFI and snowflake wardance at levels 1 and 3?

Gerrtt
2010-01-04, 10:27 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/nwn/images/d/d5/Deekin_Scalesinger.jpg

Obligatory. Nuff said.

Yuki Akuma
2010-01-04, 10:27 PM
For preform(dead gnome joke) would I need a dead gnome instead of an instrument? Also, how do I get a masterwork dead gnome?

I will probably be descended from a battle dragon, at least I think those are the dragons that do sonic damage. Would it we worth it to pick up dragonwrought kobold and/or dragon wings or should I just pick up DFI and snowflake wardance at levels 1 and 3?

Take some flaws so you get extra feats to play with?

The Glyphstone
2010-01-04, 10:31 PM

Perform(Dead gnome joke), not perform (dead gnome). All you need is to be able to talk, and you can produce such gems as:

Q:What's better than ten dead gnomes nailed to a tree?
A: One dead gnome nailed to ten trees!
Q: What's the only thing better than that?
A: Same idea, but it's not dead yet!

Milskidasith
2010-01-04, 10:34 PM
Perform(Dead gnome joke), not perform (dead gnome). All you need is to be able to talk, and you can produce such gems as:

Q:What's better than ten dead gnomes nailed to a tree?
A: One dead gnome nailed to ten trees!
Q: What's the only thing better than that?
A: Same idea, but it's not dead yet!

Q: What's the best thing about twenty three year old dead gnomes?
A: There are twenty of them!

Soranar
2010-01-04, 10:35 PM
if you decide to go dragon disciple you might as well call yourself deekin

Yuki Akuma
2010-01-04, 10:36 PM
if you decide to go dragon disciple you might as well call yourself deekin

But he's going to be Dragonwrought (because seriously how else do you expect to be descended from a Battle Dragon), so he's ineligible.

Ravens_cry
2010-01-04, 10:54 PM
Q: What's the best thing about twenty three year old dead gnomes?
A: There are twenty of them!
I was going to say that that means the meat is still tender.:smallamused:

What the hell is a Kobald? Is it a naked Kobold?

No, it's a misspelling of the word Kobold.:smallbiggrin:

Skaven
2010-01-05, 04:33 AM
Grah, I used to have a DM who called my Kobold Druid a 'Kobald' all the time!