PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Casting?

Tanuki Tales
2010-01-04, 11:15 PM
Is there anyway to get spells to be spontaneously casted if you can't originally cast them as such?

Other then Spontaneous Casting from ECS

Eldariel
2010-01-04, 11:23 PM
Yes, for many spells. Spontaneous Domain Casting exists, Alacritous Cogitation can sorta do it, Spontaneous Divination does it for all your Divinations, etc. Those are just between Completes (an ACF Spont. Dom. Casting is in PHBII too).

The question is, what do you want spontaneous and for which class? There was actually a thread about a spontaneously casting Wizard on Gleemax long ago.

EDIT: Here (http://web.archive.org/web/20080502175410/http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=940327). Web Archives FTW, ****ing Gleemax lost their archives.

Tanuki Tales
2010-01-04, 11:25 PM
Yes, for many spells. Spontaneous Domain Casting exists, Alacritous Cogitation can sorta do it, Spontaneous Divination does it for all your Divinations, etc. Those are just between Completes (an ACF Spont. Dom. Casting is in PHBII too).

The question is, what do you want spontaneous and for which class? There was actually a thread about a spontaneously casting Wizard on Gleemax long ago, but I can't find it and don't have it bookmarked. Meh, dig it up if you care.

Druid. I'm trying to find a way to make a Nymph able to cast Summon Nature's Ally spontaneous for a villain I'm supposed to run in a friend's campaign.

Eldariel
2010-01-04, 11:27 PM
Druid. I'm trying to find a way to make a Nymph able to cast Summon Nature's Ally spontaneous for a villain I'm supposed to run in a friend's campaign.

Druids' standard ability to spontaneously cast SNA isn't enough?

Tanuki Tales
2010-01-04, 11:29 PM
Druids' standard ability to spontaneously cast SNA isn't enough?

Nymphs don't get it since their casting is innate not from actual Druid levels.

Eldariel
2010-01-04, 11:37 PM
Easiest would be just giving it a level of Druid. Otherwise you'll need some highly contrived feat structure granting you Turn Undead and Domain and then Spontaneous Domain Casting, or something equally silly.

Tanuki Tales
2010-01-04, 11:39 PM
Easiest would be just giving it a level of Druid. Otherwise you'll need some highly contrived feat structure granting you Turn Undead and Domain and then Spontaneous Domain Casting, or something equally silly.

If I could have taken a level of Druid I wouldn't have needed to dig through the Druid spell list to make sure the build could qualify for Divine Oracle to further its casting.

Long story short, a level of Druid isn't viable.

Edit: A long feat tree is viable since I have feats to burn on this build.

Thurbane
2010-01-04, 11:42 PM
Spontaneous Summoner (CD)?

deuxhero
2010-01-04, 11:43 PM
Speak of the devil, someone made a guide on that this week (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6797.0) (only wizards so far though)

Tanuki Tales
2010-01-04, 11:46 PM
Spontaneous Summoner (CD)?

And exactly what I need. Thank you very much.