PDA

View Full Version : Which RP system best fits Furi Kuri?

Sintanan
2010-01-05, 06:29 AM
Yeah... strange question time.

Basically, I was getting into a discussion with some friends with MSN IM, and we were talking about which system would be the best fit for a Furi Kuri based game?

I mean, you got pull-start electric motors built into guitars; self-driving vespa bikes, giant robots summoned through psychic ability, the ability for characters to be ate by said robots, a secret government organization, a faceless corporation, and a LOT of comedy.

At first we thought Big Eyes, Small Mouth might work, but none of us have ever tried it... So, from a player in a group with very little experience in the roleplaying systems outside of D&D to all of you at the Playground, which system(s) would you recommend?

jmbrown
2010-01-05, 06:40 AM
Mutants and Masterminds with the Mecha and Manga supplement most definitely. Even at the default powerlevel the game's combat is full of people flying around, teleporting, tossing cars, and hitting each other with big objects.

Tim4488
2010-01-05, 10:57 AM
I don't think even CoC has enough sheer insanity to mimic Furi Kuri.

That said, BESM would work, or its more expanded form, Tri-stat dX. Tri-stat's got variable power levels based on what die you use, d6 is average human, d20 is deity-level, so a d10 or d12 game could be appropriate.

Xefas
2010-01-05, 01:48 PM
Furi Kuri wasn't really supposed to be played...it was just an allegory for puberty/growing up.

That said, Risus, the Anything RPG (http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm) is free and is abstract enough to do all the silly things you need (and only takes about 10 minutes to learn everything).

If you want something more complex, I second Mutants and Masterminds.

Prime32
2010-01-05, 01:48 PM
Freeform .

CarpeGuitarrem
2010-01-05, 02:38 PM
I'll second Risus. Sounds just about spot-on.