PDA

View Full Version : HHHoHHaHH - Damien Borrowinter

Lubirio
2010-01-05, 08:53 AM
Day 3

Damien wakes up in the cave to find the storm gone, but the clouds still very present, the result is a grayish sight overhead, providing ample light. Inside the cave a torch is lighting the way in almost invitingly. The torch lights the way for you for a while and you see the hall narrowing to five feet while it continues as far as you can see. The cave seems to have been made either in a hurry or naturally, as both the floor and the walls are very uneven.

You can see 40ft into the dungeon, it narrows from 10ft to 5ft after 10ft, it then continues another 30ft in a straight line, all 5ft wide. walls have Climb DC15 and you need to succeed on a DC10 balance check to run or charge.

Note: you can try and make a map yourself, or hope Damien finds some kind of map in the dungeon, but I will only give you small maps when there is combat and when you enter new rooms, not a full map of the dungeon. :smallamused:

Actions go in italics.
"Speech is in color."
Thought is a lighter color
Pick your colors. :smallwink:

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-05, 10:44 AM
Damien peers into the dingy darkness that stretches beyond the light of the torch. He bends to pull out his lantern, empties a vial of oil into it and lights it with the lit torch. Leveling his crossbow at the dark he calls out:

"Heloo? Anyone there?"

Assuming no answer: Damien then sets to work, methodically examining the stone around him as he progresses further into the cave...

Take 10 search: 16

Lubirio
2010-01-05, 10:59 AM
As Damien lights the lantern, the cave lights up to reveal a door on the left side of the cave, as he methodically makes his way to the door, another bend in the cave is revealed, leading right.

If you want small maps of rooms and such, tell me. :smallwink:

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-05, 11:51 AM
Damien stops at the door and examines it carefully.

Hmm, what have we here?

Take 20 search check on door: 26

Just for clarification, when you say "another bend" do you mean "a bend" or have I missed a bend somewhere?

Lubirio
2010-01-05, 12:03 PM
The search of Damien reveals that the door was trapped, but no longer, as if someone's been here before and disabled it already. Looking once more at the bend, Damien felt an almost pulling desire to follow it

Sorry, it is the first bend in the cave/dungeon. :smallredface:

I like giving hints, though usually I'm a lot more subtle than this. :smalltongue:

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-05, 01:23 PM
Damien ignores the pull. He's well aware of teh dangers of temptation.

I can search there later. Always left first. Methodically...

Readying the crossbow against potential occupants, Damien tries the handle of the door and pushes...

Heh, cool. I wonder if the temptation is a hit :P

Lubirio
2010-01-06, 01:29 PM
Damien pushes the door open without much trouble and finds himself in a large spacious room, with a slight burn-mark in the middle.

I gave you time to rethink, but...

Explored area so far:

| = Wall/unexplored
- = Door
. = Open space
, = Archway
} = Portcullis

||||||||||||||||
||||||||...|||||
|||||||||,||||||
|...........||||
|...........||||
|...........||||
|...........||||
|...........||||
|...........||||
|...........||||
|...........|.||
|...........}.||
|-||||||||||||||
...............|
||||||||||||||.|

From now on only maps of single rooms. :smallwink:

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-06, 02:58 PM
Framed in the door-way, Damien eyes the burnt mark in the middle of the floor.

Hmm, so they were either incinerated or survived... or were dragged away...

Damien casts Detect Magic and surveys the room.

Damien's thinking is that if someone has gone before him he's less likely to run into something he can't deal with and he's so sure of his abilities that he's sure he'll find hings they didn't.

Lubirio
2010-01-06, 03:20 PM
The casting of detect magic reveals nothing more surprising than the fact that there's no magical aura to be detected in the large spacious room.

Interesting thought process...

Also, I'll need you to keep track of how long the lantern lasts, I'll tell you when hours pass, at every full hour.

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-06, 07:29 PM
Damien approaches the scorch marks on the floor attempting to divine what happened; what caused the blast, what happened to whoever or whatever was the subject of it, and whether they might still be around.

Thanks, that'll be helpful. 6 hours per pint, one pint put in so far...

Lubirio
2010-01-07, 12:06 PM
Upon further mundane inspection, the scorch marks seem to have originated from an open flame left on the floor too long. After wiping some of the soot off the floor, it seems the marks have been there no longer than a couple days.

It's already been almost 10 minutes. :smallwink:

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-07, 08:00 PM
Concious of his limited oil supplies, Damien heads for the portcullis andexamines it and what he can see beyond.

Lubirio
2010-01-08, 07:01 AM
Damien looks through the portcullis and sees a path that turns left almost immediately after leaving the room, then after a mere ten feet, it turned sharply right again, to disappear into darkness.

Sorry, no map as I'm not at my home PC right now. :smallredface:

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-09, 05:23 PM
Satisfied that there is no immediate threat from this quarter, Damien goes to examine the door in the wall opposite the entrance.

Search check, take 20 = 26

Sorry for slow relies. My PC has died a horrible death and my laptop has been blue-screening every few mins. Not fun!

Lubirio
2010-01-09, 05:32 PM
Examining the northern archway leads Damien to discover that it leads into a hallway with two ends, one is another archway, the other is a corner that seems to lead somewhere else.

Don't worry about it, Adder died, and now I have time to catch up with Lyran, he's only 1 more day behind you. :smallwink:

Map of everything that you've discovered so far:

| = Wall/unexplored
- = Door
\ = Open door
. = Empty space
, = Archway
} = Portcullis

|||,|||||||.|||
|||.........|||
|||||||||,|||||
|...........|||
|...........|||
|...........|||
|...........|||
|...........|||
|...........|||
|...........|.|
|...........|.|
|...........}.|
|\|||||||||||||
..............|
|||||||||||||.|

This is an exception and the only time there will be this much info on the map.

Dark_Stalion
2010-01-14, 04:31 PM
Damien opts for this exit, not having any spell with which to lift the portcullus with. Taking his time, moving carefully, Damien turns left, pearing arround the corner to see what might be revealed...

So sorry for the delay. My computer and my laptop both died at the same time. Turns out that the PC was suffering from graphics card problems, and that was finally replaced today. Hope you haven't abandoned me :P

Lubirio
2010-01-14, 04:34 PM
Sorry, I have in fact.

Two things happened,

One: Adder died, and Lyran's a day ahead.

Two: I abandoned you because of time restraints, and I lost my map of the first level dungeon.

However, I still have the second level maps and on, and the only character on first level just entered it, so no worries, except you know, you'd have to start over. :smallredface: