PDA

View Full Version : Geeze, these people have too much spare time, don't they?

Castaras
2010-01-05, 11:06 AM
:smalltongue: Hooray for Amazon! (http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/product-reviews/B000I1X6PM/)

Lots and lots of silly reviews for this cable.

Syka
2010-01-05, 11:12 AM
...I am pleased. :smallbiggrin:

Lucky
2010-01-05, 11:14 AM
That is amazing.

reorith
2010-01-05, 11:15 AM
wow, that made my day.

Elder Tsofu
2010-01-05, 11:17 AM
I love that one of the sellers have "upgraded" the cable by putting platinum foil around it and even sends a matching hat to go with it. :smallbiggrin:

Archonic Energy
2010-01-05, 11:18 AM
WTF?

£300 for a cat 5 cable?!
:smallsigh:
sometimes they just see audiophiles coming!

Icewalker
2010-01-05, 11:18 AM
These are great! Really hilarious.

Comet
2010-01-05, 11:21 AM
This is exactly why I love the Internet! :smallsmile:

Setra
2010-01-05, 11:30 AM
These are just hilarious :smallbiggrin:

Telonius
2010-01-05, 11:41 AM
Must be from the same people who made the Monster Power Surge Protector (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/11/25/).

... holy crap, did I just remember a seven-year-old comic strip? :smalleek:

reorith
2010-01-05, 11:45 AM
Must be from the same people who made the Monster Power Surge Protector (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2002/11/25/).

... holy crap, did I just remember a seven-year-old comic strip? :smalleek:

that reminds me of a certain image that was posted on a board involving peppers and a great deal of profanity.

wxdruid
2010-01-05, 08:00 PM
Here are some humorous comments for the Laptop Steering Wheel Desk (http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Office-WM-01-Laptop-Steering/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1262739764&sr=8-1)

UnluckyPotato
2010-01-05, 08:08 PM
when we bought them we didn't realize the planes we fly don't have steering wheels!

This made me smile.

Cryssandra
2010-01-05, 08:12 PM
Here are some humorous comments for the Laptop Steering Wheel Desk (http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Office-WM-01-Laptop-Steering/dp/B000IZGIA8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1262739764&sr=8-1)

Oh my goodness....
That just made my life 100% better....
Not the product, just laughing while reading the reviews...

Moff Chumley
2010-01-05, 08:20 PM
That... is amazing. :smallcool:

wxdruid
2010-01-05, 08:22 PM
Check out the product pictures as well... :smallamused:

Moff Chumley
2010-01-05, 08:24 PM
Copypasta'd

OMG OMG OMG - those are the only three letters on my keyboard I will ever need to use in my life from now on: I have seen the future, and that future is DENON AKDL1!

I received three of these cables in the mail without warning - I came home and they were just sitting on my front step. I never ordered these cables, so I wasn't sure what was going on. I brought them in the house and set them aside while I checked my Amazon account. Surely enough, it had seemed that someone purchased these cables four days prior, using my account. At first I thought it might be fraud, but if so, why were the cables shipped to my house and not somewhere else? So the only other explanation that made sense to me was that maybe Amazon got my account mixed up with some other purchase.

I was in the middle of sending an email to Amazon about this mix-up, when my laptop network cable went dead! I pulled an AKDL1 out of the package and hooked it up between my laptop and router. ALL I CAN SAY IS OMG. I didn't follow the directional markings on the cable. After all, ethernet cable is bidirectional, no? I didn't think it mattered which end I plugged into the laptop. I WAS SO VERY WRONG.

To make a long story short, it appears that IF YOU HOOK UP THESE CABLES BACKWARDS, THEY WILL SEND AND RECEIVE ETHERNET PACKETS INTO THE PAST. That's right! When the cable were hooked up backwards, every website I visited served content from four days in the past. Few examples: Windows Update tried to install old patches my system already had; visiting the WWW clock website showed the date from four days prior; my Amazon.com account didn't show the cable purchase I just mentioned above; all articles from digg and reddit were four days old; no email that I sent or received within the past four days was being displayed by my email host.

When I switched the cable to be connected properly, I started seeing current website content again. What the heck was going on? The only thing I can figure is that maybe the Denon cables pass electrons at faster than the speed of light, effectively causing them to travel backwards in time.

To see if this was really the case, I switched the cables back again so that they would serve content from the past, and I logged into Amazon and purchased three of these cables. When I received a tracking number from Amazon, I compared it to the tracking number on the package I received, and they were identical! So it turns out that I had been the one who originally sent myself the cables, only I hadn't known it because some weird sort of causality loop caused a time irregularity to spontaneously form. I wonder if this causality loop was somehow caused by someone else who had also hooked up the AKDL1 improperly.

Anyways, I love these cables and plan to see what weird effects I can accomplish with three of them hooked up in random configurations. I'm going to try to download some diagrams of a flux capacitor to see if I can make something like that with these cables. I also am going to do a Google search to see if I can submit winning lottery numbers to online lottery sites four days in the past. If so, I should quickly be able to win up enough money to buy a few more of these cables. I'll report back on my progress by sending an email back to myself, telling me to edit this comment with the results.

[UPDATE: These cables do all that I hoped they would, and more. In fact, you better buy them while you can - I have enough money now to buy Denon and discontinue their production facilities. This cable is too powerful to be allowed to fall into the wrong hands.]

My overal opinion - if you have the choice between life-saving surgery or buying one of these cables, buy the cable! You'll be able to send yourself an email into the past to warn yourself about anything that's coming up. Also, you could probably send emails into the past whenever you get into arguments or whatnot with your significant other. That alone is well worth the exorbitant price!

[UPDATE: My apologies to Denon for calling their prices exorbitant. It seems that they too experienced time causality problems with these cables; they updated their website pricing from far in the future, when $500 is worth more like $25 of your present day currency, due to inflation. And as you can guess, my attempts to buy Denon were unsuccessful. They have more of these cables than I do, and were effectively able to out-strategize me.]

Silverraptor
2010-01-05, 08:28 PM
I feel dumber already.:smalltongue:

This is funny.:smallbiggrin:

CMOTDibbler
2010-01-05, 11:01 PM

I think my favorite comment on this was "Product slaps you across the face while turning." Imagining that is great. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-05, 11:12 PM
That is hilarious. :smallbiggrin:

The Extinguisher
2010-01-05, 11:32 PM
This is my favourite.

Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover.

Would not purchase again.

I love people

Yrcrazypa
2010-01-06, 12:44 AM

I was going to post this, but you beat me to it. I nearly DIED reading the reviews there, especially the pictures.

Dispozition
2010-01-06, 12:52 AM
This is why the internet is so very clearly the best place ever.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-01-06, 04:18 AM
These are absolutely amazing. I love the internet. :smallwink:

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-06, 07:19 AM
This is my favourite.

Transmission of music data at rates faster than the speed of light seemed convenient, until I realized I was hearing the music before I actually wanted to play it. Apparently Denon forgot how accustomed most of us are to unidirectional time and the general laws of physics. I tried to get used to this effect but hearing songs play before I even realized I was in the mood for them just really screwed up my preconceptions of choice and free will. I'm still having a major existential hangover.

I love people

Wow. Just wow. My faith in humanity has been restored, these are proof that not everyone is a douche.

I love everyone of these people :smallbiggrin:

Douglas
2010-01-06, 09:31 AM
While we're on the subject, take a look at this one (http://www.amazon.com/Way-Kings-Brandon-Sanderson/dp/B000WH4TIA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262788488&sr=8-2). Somehow Amazon got wind of this book when it was nothing more than a signed contract, but then never responded when it got canceled in favor of another book. Thus, every review posted is someone making stuff up for a laugh.

Moff Chumley
2010-01-06, 11:39 PM
That one's great too. :smallbiggrin:

Vaynor
2010-01-07, 07:46 PM

Damn, I was about to post that one. Also my favorite.