PDA

View Full Version : Better Living Through Warforged Artificers

Lycanthromancer
2010-01-06, 12:12 AM
Races of Eberron has an alternative class feature for warforged artificers that lets their crafting points count as 2 XP rather than 1, so long as they're used for improvements of some sort to a construct, or to a weapon, armor, or shield.

So...considering that anything can be turned into a warforged component, and those components are improvements to whatever warforged (construct) they're attached to, and components made from items that take up body-slots don't cost anything extra to make, you can double your crafting pool for the purposes of making lots and lots and lots of things.

Just don't expect non-construct party members to use any of it, unless it's armor, shield, or weapon.

Milskidasith
2010-01-06, 12:16 AM
I think that more than makes up for the fact that warforged require a feat in order to spellcast because of their innate spell failure (unless they take unarmored body). Sacrificing a SH Halfling or Human bonus feat and another feat for essentially getting a feat that already exists (lowers crafting cost by 25%, previously stacked, though I believe that was erratta'd) is OK.

Lycanthromancer
2010-01-06, 12:21 AM
I've already got the 10% reduction in base price through Apprentice (Crafter), and an additional 25% reduction in XP and GP through Legendary Artisan and Extraordinary Artisan, which gives me a very low price while crafting. I've got nearly 200k gp in magic items at level 10 (I'm sacrificing the XP to make it to level 11 for that), and I've incarnated a ton of stuff. I've got so much junk that it's ridiculous. And now that little trick I just discovered means I have a few thousand more XP to spend, and another 10k in magic items to make.

*Sigh* The burdens of the party artificer. :smallcool: