PDA

View Full Version : Players as Hostages - Need ideas for some fun.

evisiron
2010-01-06, 01:58 AM
Well, in an impressive feat of both conscious party members falling asleep thanks to Aranea (spider people, the players rolled two natural one's for the will saves simultaneously), so I have been presented with an interesting opportunity.

The MM mentions Aranea taking and selling hostages, so I am looking for ideas for where and in what state the players should wake up in. :smallbiggrin:

The players are actually Mirror of Opposition dopplegangers who won and survived as the mirror broke, so don't actually know if there is anyone out there to pay the ransom. Lots of options!

So, my initial instinct is to be woken once for info and next time wake up in the possession of slavers.

Does anyone have a more interesting idea? :smallamused:

bosssmiley
2010-01-06, 10:45 AM
The Arenea (who were described in their original BECMI incarnation as a dual-minded race of scholars and mystics) are interested in the mirror PCs for reasons more esoteric than slaving.

I've been reading China Mieville's "Un Lun Dun" and "The Tain" recently, so my initial thoughts are that the PCs are destined to be instrumental in the coming war against the mirror-verse people...