PDA

View Full Version : Servants of the Forge IC

Havelock
2010-01-06, 10:36 AM
Cannith Tower, Sharn, 6th Olarune. 998YK

You had not expected to be summoned to administrator Stavros d'Cannith's office, he normally only deals with the high ranking members of the house, dignitaries of other houses, the nations of Khorvaire, important guilds, merchants and nobles, important people, unlike yourselves, he have numerous aides and subordinates, with their own assistants, why would he meet with you personally? The appointment is set for two hours over noon, sharp, and supposed to last until three hours over noon. Does he have that much time for you? Are you that important? You certainly didn't believe that you were....

You do, of course know him by reputation, there are few in the Sharn enclave that doesn't. He is the highest ranking house member in Sharn that is neither talented in magic or in crafting, even though he does have the greater mark. Few members of the house that actually do have an apitude for the traditional undertakings of the Cannith line have more valuable skills than his political savvy and organizational talents, and he knows this, he served Aarren, and now he serves Merrix, allowing both to dedicate time to research while the enclace, and more recently, the entire faction, is handled smoothly.

The administrator's office are in the upper levels, accessible through the "VIP elevator" as it commonly is known, you've never taken it as you've never before had a need to take it. The elevator is in the great marble hall that is the main entrance chamber of Cannith Tower, an impressive room with a diameter of exactly 1000 feet, magically measured down to every single Thou*, only perfection is good enough for Cannith, designed to overwhelm. The hall itself is ten stories tall, with a domed ceiling, a massive chandelier, a globe with a diameter of ten feet, adorned with crystal and gems, shines like the sun, providing an illumination that combined with the perfectly white marble makes the hall feel as if it is twice as large as it really is, intricate patterns of inlaid black obsidian run along the floor, not a few spend days studying it. Along the walls, spiralling stairs leads to other parts of the tower, there are also counters with clerks to cater to the many visitors near the entrance at the Dragon Towers district in middle central.

At the opposite end of the entry hall are the doors of stained glass leading to the elevator, they revolve as you enter, giving off a spectacular light show through the surfaces, leading to a short corridor with exquisite frescoes, the work of House Phiarlan masters no doubt. At the end of it, two doors made out of mithral with the house emblem carved into them, one on each side of the corridor, and a desk, a marble cube that appears as if it's magically grown out of the ceiling, a clerc, human male, draped in finery in the colors of House Cannith sits behind it, a well mannered gentleman, seemingly harmless "Your identification papers sir? thank you, mhm, mhm, Stavros d'Cannith, yes, take the elevator on your left side, it will take you straigth to his office". The two figures behind him, however, does not appear to be harmless, both being seven feet tall, wearing identical scarlet robes with matching hoods, and black opaque masks, no weapons shown, but these must be of the red guard, an elite force that serves as bodyguards for Merrix, his family and closest advisors, established a month after the signing of the treaty of thronehold, nobody knows who they are or where they are recruited from, some speculate that all are warforged that had not been shipped out to clients as the war ended, others say that they are a new invention of Merrix'. In any case, there must be a reason as to why he replaced the standard retinue of bodyguards, often veterans from Xen'drik expeditions, with these.

The VIP's themselves usually come and go with their private skycoaches, so you do not have to wait for the elevator to bring you up, though it does take some time to get there, you exit the elevator into a reception area, a red guard stands motionless in the corner a human female, mid twenties by the looks of it, quite cute, awaits you. "Welcome, Lord Stavros will receive you when he is ready, please have a seat in the conference room here while you wait" One by one, you gather into the room, there are some refreshments there, appearantly, you are not worth an hour of his time, one hour of your time is appearantly worth taking up for him to speak with you when his schedule and duties allows it.

[OOC: I'm assuming that you don't know each other much, and you're all rather confused as to why you have been summoned here, and appearantly he intends to speak with you as a group, you'll have time for introductions and some chat, whoever posts first is the first to enter the room and so on]

*1000 Thou=1 Inch

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-06, 04:41 PM
Arman stood wondering what Stavros wanted. It could be that he had questions about Sarlona, he supposed. They were full of them, far more then Arman could answer. But it didn't feel right. Stavros would send someone ask to his questions, not summon him to the Office. Something was up. Arman didn't like things being up. Even 3 years of comparative luxury had diminished none of the instincts his life had gained him. Arman didn't buy the man's appearance for a moment, even as flashed his paper. If he had tried to muscle his way past, he was willing to bet the man would have been able to demonstrate that he was nowhere near as harmless. The Warforged didn't even bother with that deception.

Calm. It isn't a trap.

Arman couldn't stop himself from fingering his Kukri's as he walked. His instincts screamed that he shouldn't continue. It was just a reaction to soldiers, and not proper for this place, but still. Despite it, he continued up, walking into the elevator. He stepped in to the reception area, nodding at the Woman's instructions. It didn't really bother him, for various reasons. He was good at waiting.

I just wish I knew what I was waiting for.

He sat down, taking a glass of water only, and waited for something else to happen, forcing his hands to stay away from the blades at his waist.

Ryuuk
2010-01-06, 06:56 PM
Jussio

"To the left, thank you..." With a gentle nod, Jussio slips his identification papers into his side pack, where they rest neatly among various scrolls, documents and blank parchment. Closing it, he takes little notice of the red robed guards. Surely they where wonders of the modern age, works of art that he would love to open up and inspect in order to get a gleam of Merrix's thought process. Right now though, he had more important things to think about.

He hadn't expected it. He'd spent the first hour of sunlight like he always did, meditating on the meaning of it all, trying to catch a glimpse of each of the 9 and 6 in his chamber drawing strength from their presence and focusing on his goal. The one goal. Then he'd gotten to work. He'd spent a lot of money and a lot of time on his current specimen, the rusted arm of a warforged recovered from deep in his homeland. He had been studying it all week, and hoped to draw some insight on what had brought it to its state of ruin. The same state of ruin in which his Cyre now rested... He was just getting ready for a long day, when the summon arrived. What could Stavros want with him? He hadn't reached any conclusions yet, and his previous findings had all been unremarkable. What else could he do? The arm had already waited 4 years, it could wait another day. He dressed putting on his best clothes, and went to meet the man.

"Thank you my dear." With a nod and a smile he entered the conference room. At first he though he'd run into Stavros, but on a second inspection it realized that there was no way a bureaucrat would walk around armed.

"Ah, and here I thought I'd be the first one here." He gets a warm drink from the refreshments and takes a sit next to the man. "Afternoon, you must be waiting for Stavros too." He stretches out his hand. "Jussio d'Cannith, of the Veriant branch."

jojolagger
2010-01-06, 09:04 PM
Artemis
Artemis entered the great hall quickly and walked straight toward the elevator room, ignoring the wondrous artwork around him. He only one thought on his mind. He was going to see, No, Speak to Stavros d'Cannith!He had run the whole way here and could marvel at the art later, he had a leader to please. When asked for his Identification papers he revealed the Arcane Signet embedded in his left arm (If I am allowed it. Else He rummages through his backpack eventually finding his papers). Upon entering the conference room and seeing other cannith members who also appear to be waiting for Stavros he says "Hello. I am Artemis mark three and it appears we will be working together."

atriusnight
2010-01-06, 09:38 PM
ALLOY X

Gleaming mithril and silver tracery covered the warforged as he entered the waiting room of Stavros D'Cannith. Despite his rare metals he was otherwise a relatively run of the mill example of the line and as he tried to figure out what to do with himself he wondered what twist of fate had brought him here so high in the Cannith tower...../I hope no one is angry about my requisition to leave R&D.../ he wondered worriedly.

Trying to seem inconspicous and wondering if the rumors the older models mentioned of scrapheaps for uppity constructs might hold any truth, he nodded to the others already present and apparently waitiing as well to see the Renouned Cannith beuracrat. His metal jaw swinging open in what he hoped would be a friendly grin....."Afternoon...".

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-06, 11:06 PM
Arman had studied the man for a moment before responding, allowing the two Warforged to pile in before he spoke. He took the mans hand, and shook it calmly, forcing the other one away from his Kukris.

"Arman. Arman Varden."

Arman, looked about the group, and nodded.

"Do you know what is going on?"

Arman asked curiously. He wanted to know, before a nasty suprise came for him.

jojolagger
2010-01-06, 11:18 PM
In Answer to the man who seemed to be expecting the lord of blades himself to attack at any moment, he responded "This is kind of what it is like before I get assigned a mission. Only without the elevator and it isn't from anyone nearly as high a rank as Starvos. Likely a combat mission as you were allowed to keep your knives that's about all I can do."

Ryuuk
2010-01-07, 12:39 AM
Jussio

"Arman..." The name hit a chord in his mind. Once he has his gloved hand back, he pushes his glasses back and seems to stare blankly for a second. He hardly notices as the warforged enter and almost misses the question, briefly lost in thought. The marked man who washed ashore..?

"With an elevator and someone Stavros himself dealing it out, it seems to be more than a simple assignment, a different scale perhaps." Of course, he knew what he wished for. He would gladly brave a trip to the Mournlands, even with a man who hardly knew Khorvaire and a pair of unfamiliar constructs. He knew better than succumbing to wishful thinking though. "We will have to wait for him, I wasn't informed of the details either."

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-07, 01:22 AM
Arman nodded curtly, still fighting to stop himself from fingering the Kukri. He didn't like being kept out of the loop. Having everyone in the same situation didn't change that a wit. He noticed Russio's look, but couldn't tell what lay behind it.

"...I don't like it."

Arman didn't clarify what he disliked. He was completely capable of being patient. He had stalked the troops of the inspired for hours, just watching and waiting. But this was different. He wasn't in control here. He stood up abruptly, beginning to pace.

"Do you think that woman might know?"

atriusnight
2010-01-07, 12:14 PM
ALLOY X

"S-so, everyone else is here for an assignment...?" asks the shining warforged as he listened to the others speak, relaxing slightly with a tone of hope in his voice.

"Leaving the tower? Perhaps even....leaving the city..?" the tone of hope melded into one of awe as the warforged almost whispered the last....

Ryuuk
2010-01-07, 01:09 PM
Jussio

Jussio watches him pace, amused. He must be cast away, either that or there's a reason he's afraid of Savros... interesting. He turns to the chamber door. "She might, but it seems odd that a secretary would know and not those invited. You've got nothing to lose asking her, but do try to relax Arman, I doubt he'll bite."

He nods to Artemis, and pays little heed to what he's saying until the tone starts changing. He looks down and smiles, before turning back to him. "Again, it's possible. It might be a nice change of pace, the towers of Sharn can get tiresome after a while... Artemis, how old are you?"

jojolagger
2010-01-07, 08:36 PM
"about 3 now. I was produced just under a year before the treaty of thronehold." He almost stopped their, but realising they had plenty of time, continued, "I Spent almost all that year in training. Left training about a week before thronehold. I would have been sold if I wasn't so unique."

Aquateenflayer
2010-01-07, 09:00 PM
Bastion

After hearing of his summons to Stavros d'Cannith's office, Bastion has been walking with an extra spring in his step. Assuming his requests for guard duty of a powerful heir of house Cannith have been met Bastion's spirits have much improved.
While entering the main hall he takes extra care not damage the obsidian carvings with his massive bulk. When asked for identification he kneels down before the desk and points the unique mark that rests on the brow of his forehead. Following directions he steps onto the elevator.
After appraising the female guard Bastion enters the room only to have his hopes dashed as he sees the other warforged waiting with-in. Bastion balls his fists and takes a seat after testing the chair to make sure it can withstand his frame.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-07, 10:25 PM
Arman looked at the Cannith fellow, a dismissive shake of his head as he turned back toward the woman, reaching his decision. He doubted that the man would understand. He stalked up to her, looking at nervously.

No idea who she is. Offending people is a bad idea.

"Excuse me. Did Stavros mention when he might see us?"

The anxiousness in Arman's voice was obvious, the fellow not even bothering to hide it.

Havelock
2010-01-08, 08:41 AM
"He will see you when he is ready" The secretary says, with a smile, then she adds; "You're not the first to ask though, it's how he is".

A few more minutes passes, then the double doors presumably leading from Stavros' offices swing open, two members of the red guard keeps them in position as a tall sinous man with graying hair that seems to be thinning out enters. He wears a white Glamerweave robe from Clebdecher, with a golden gorgon on the chest, his dragonmark runs from his left temple and all the way down across his neck. An assistant, perhaps a trainee, follows two steps behind, dressed in a similar robe, yet not of the same quality, just ordinary glamerweave. The two guards close the door behind them and then stands motionless on each side of the door, their movement graceful and fluid.

"Remain seated, please, there is no need for such formalities" Stavros begins "You no doubt wonder why you have been called here, for good reason too, most house members, let alone house assosciates, never come here." Stavros pauses for a bit, allowing his words to sink in. "Most house members do not have the same talent that we have reason to believe that you possess, however, and talent is something House d'Cannith truly appreciates, and that is why I wish to meet you in person, even though what I intend to ask of you is unlikely to be what you expected, but such is life"

His aide steps forward to whisper something in the administrator's ear. "Oh, is it that time already? Time flies when you're busy, would you care to walk with me? I need to be somewhere, but it is on the same floor that you will be headed to, so we can talk along the way."

jojolagger
2010-01-08, 10:49 AM
Artemis Jumps to his feet "Certainly sir. Lead the way."

Ryuuk
2010-01-08, 11:16 AM
Jussio

An series of compliments that told them nothing of their task, Jussio felt the smallest bit of frustration as Stavros just beat around the bush. Of course, he knew better then to let it show, and so he simply smiled and nodded politely. "Of course sir." He stood up and pushed his seat in.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-08, 02:26 PM
Arman grumbled at the woman's answer, returning to the others and continuing to pace. He ceased when Stavros appeared, waiting to find out what this was all about. He sighed as it appeared that Stavros didn't intend to tell them what this was all about, but gave a curt nod.

"Alright. What is this all about, if you don't mind me asking?"

atriusnight
2010-01-08, 03:35 PM
ALLOY X

The shining warforged, nodded in acceptance, falling in with the others as Savros led them. Having spent a lifetime (his to be precise) working in the tower he realized one of the fastest way to see where they were going would probably be to get there... Beauracrats rarely said more then neccesary.

Aquateenflayer
2010-01-08, 05:25 PM
Bastion
Bastion Sanps to attention with a loud clang. He moves to a position several steps behind Stavros and matches pace with him. Bastions fingers inch to his weapons before he realizes that sadly, he is a guest and not a guardian.

I hope this isn't another Cannith heir trying to free me again.Bastion muses as he waits for the man to speak.

Havelock
2010-01-08, 08:34 PM
The aide leads the way, first through the doors you came in, Stavros motions for two of you to walk ahead of him so he is next to each of you, his bodyguards seems ready to leap to block any attempt of harming him. "You know that the Tain Gala is today, yes? Only those aged 16 or above, which leaves out all of the Baron's children except Elminedra" You enter the elevator, it has plenty of space for the nine stepping on to it, this high up in the tower, the elevator goes on the outside of the tower, yielding a magnificient view of the upper levels of Sharn, real sunlight washes over you. "I suppose she isn't all that happy about joining the ranks of the adults, she'll be joining her parents, and myself, to have lunch at the Cyran embassy before we go to the Gala, the ambassador hopes to hook Elminedra up with Prince Oargev, he's not going to suggest it this year, I think, he wants to test the waters. She's not going to agree to be bound yet, certainly not with someone that is...old" He smiles at the last remark, the prince has barely passed 30 winters. "Her mother is not about to allow anyone to press her daugthers to marry anyone either, and Merrix is at her mercy on that matter, in the end, I suppose I must inform Lord Jairan that only love will make Elminedra marry an unmarked, which is close enough to the truth." You realise that this floor is a residential area, artwork, decor and everything is of a much higher quality than anything you've seen yet, and the fact that there's four red guards present in the entrance room alone gives strong suggestions about who's chambers theese might be, the ceiling of the hallway of glass, allowing you to see the sky above, at the middle of the hallway, in front of you, there's an open space that appears to be a glass dome marking the centre of the tower. "A custom that Merrix started, though probably that was Alanya's decision, is that while they are at the Tain Gala, their children will meet various members of the House and it's guilds, supposedly to gain knowledge of the variety of persons that they are destined to eventually stand high above in rank and influence. Today it's your turn" In the open space ahead, no less than eight red guards march across from the other side of the floor, you also notice four small soarwood boats, of an unusal design, with two cylinders on each side that you suppose will grant extra propulsion*, two red guards sits in each. Behind the contigent of Red Guards you can see Merrix, Alanya and Elminedra walk out to their waiting skycoach, another four red guards forms the rear. "This is where we'll part ways, for now, I expect to see you again before the year is up, Esrah will take it from here. One last thing, we do have an assignment perhaps more up to your expectations, go see Jaxon an hour past sunrise tommorow, he'll be found in room 125-68."

He paces ahead to the skycoach, his aide, presumably Esrah, turn around to face you with a smile "That's how he is, always telling what you need to hear, and then leaves after spearing a few minutes of it, effective though, questions?".

*DC15 Architecture and engineering:
You recognise the cylinders as devices that provides propulsion by magically heating the air that enters and pushing it out behind it, drastically increasing the air pressue behind the boat, the design of the hull is made to take maximum advantage of the push from behind, while reducing drag from the front. The soarwood is probably coated by a special substance that prevents it from combustion

jojolagger
2010-01-08, 11:37 PM
"How high will the roof be? I have a trick that lets me make a light show but I need 60 ft. of clearance, minimum." Responded Artemis.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-09, 01:36 AM
As what is planned for the time being is revealed, Arman relaxes. Frankly, he'd rather entertain some snot nosed brats then do something dangerous. And his training, while for a far different purpose, would serve to keep them amused.

"I can do some Tumbling, if needed. Or, if there is room, some tight rope walking."

Arman gave a shrug. His other abilities were a bit more... dangerous.

Havelock
2010-01-09, 05:40 PM
"The roof will not be that high, but there are platforms and balconies where the sky is your limit, skyway is not directly above this spot. Though at least Alanya would appreciate if you talked with them, too. "

Ryuuk
2010-01-09, 06:15 PM
Jussio

Jussio runs a hand through his hair and looks down with a surprised expression. "Well, this... isn't really what I expected." The thought that he'd been called to watch over and meet the Baron's children had never crossed his mind, that much was true.

For now, the assignment with Jaxon was pushed to the back of his mind. There were too many thoughts going through his head right, he didn't know whether to feel honored, lucky or patronized. He takes a deep breath, it would sort itself out eventually.

"Yes, of course, we'd be honored to get to know them. Questions though... are we expected to do anything in particular?"

Havelock
2010-01-09, 07:18 PM
"The objective, at least with the older children, is to get them to know you, they'd hire professionals if they wanted pure entertainment"

Ryuuk
2010-01-09, 07:43 PM
Jussio

"Right, right, so that they can get to know the people that kind of people that make up the house, those that they'll stand over..." He nods, mostly for himself. "Well, I'm eager to meet them then."

Havelock
2010-01-10, 01:30 AM
In one of the doorways further down the hall, you spot the half of a small head sticking out, the boy (the four year old one) is keeping the rest of him behind the wall.

atriusnight
2010-01-10, 02:04 PM
The silvery construct followed along listening quietly, a trait often found in anyone who had played lab assistant as long as he had. Holding his thoughts to himself as he wondered whether to take watching the offspring of such notables as a premotion or not.

It was though, perhaps, a step in the right direction at least. Meeting the humans, the Heirs of Cannith, that would rule for most of his Runtime couldn't be a bad thing.....As long as he didn't mess it up....

He was distracted from his worries about the future by the airship, noting curiously the odd attachments and taking a moment to try and puzzle them out by their appearence alone....

/Drat, I wonder what those do..?/ He thinks as the vessel departs...

[roll0]
Terribly sorry for the delay, friday/saturday are hectic for me

Havelock
2010-01-11, 08:10 AM
Esrah doesn't seem too put off by the appearant hestitation of the group, perhaps this behaviour is the usual one?

"Shall we?"

He motions towards the door where the four-year old now have moved away to someplace else. You enter a room that is quite large for the premium cost of space normally observed in Sharn, the walls and ceiling looks as if it is made of a single curved sheet of glass. In the middle of the room, there seems to be some sort of construction project going on, with Daviol (8 year old boy) as chief engineer, Devin (4 year old boy) seems to be more of an admirer of the castle taking shape as the higher towers that are worked on now are out of his reach. In front sits Elena (1 year old girl) playing with a few larger bricks, working real hard on making them stick together. Two read guards seems to be tasked with protecting each of the children, though as mechanically still at the edges of the room as most of the one's you've seen so far have been, you cannot see any sort of difference between them.

Elena looks up at the newcomers, "Foiged!", she says, proud of knowing what kind of persons that just moved in. Esrah seems to be waiting for something, a moment later, Imelda and Aarren (13 year old twins) enter, followed by a maid, you can see two red guards in the other room following. "Ah, there you are" Ezrah says, naming each of the children by name to you. "These are Jussio, Arman, Alloy X, Artemis and Bastion". A brief moment of silence is broken by Daviol "What can you do, then?" his younger brother seems to share his anticipation, the twins appearantly have a few doubts, Elena's attention is back to her bricks.

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-11, 08:25 AM
Arman looks at the children steadily. He wasn't that good with children. He preferred to do this rather then say, risk his neck, but still it wasn't exactly his idea of a great time.

"What should we do?"

Arman shrugged, and looked over at the little grouping. He sighed, and just shrugged. There appeared to be one of them for each of the children. He was pretty sure that was intentional, but not why.

"You are supposedly supposed to be leaders of House Cannith someday. So what would you have us do?"

Havelock
2010-01-11, 09:11 AM
Aarren chuckles, he could just as well have said "stupid", the message is clear enough.

[OOC: When you answer the question of "what can you do" with that, you do seem rather silly]

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-11, 12:33 PM
OOC: I know. Arman isn't very good at expressing himself, if you can't tell.

Arman looked at the child, shrugged, and vanished, shadows consuming the place where he was. He reappeared in front of Aaren, glaring at the child.

"I'm glad I amuse you. Was that the kind of thing you were hoping to see?"

Ryuuk
2010-01-11, 03:56 PM
Jussio

Arman's disappearing into the shadows caught Jussio by surprise, it didn't seem to be any magic he was familiar with. For a second he wondered what kind of knowledge he could gleam from him, was it a secret of Sarlona? A unique blessing from the shadow? Of course, this was all pushed to the back of his mind when the foreigner chose to reappear. His first, subconscious action was to turn to the numerous Red Guards and pray that they didn't object or deem such actions as threatening.

"And that is one of Arman's particular talents." Jussio takes a step forward and hopes for the best. "Mine are probably a bit more common, I'm a researcher and an artificer, although the way I go about it is a bit different. I'm a vassal, a scholar."

atriusnight
2010-01-11, 07:28 PM
ALLOY X

"L-l-likewise, I too work in the labs...as an artificer that is....." the shining one says, giving a little bow uncertainly....Trying to seem unimposing, he allowed his jaw to hang freely in what, he hoped, was a wide and friendly grin....

He had never had firsthand dealings with human offspring before, any sort of young for that matter......Searching his metalic mind, the closest reference he could find were the occasional researcher's homunoculus which he decided, upon further thought, were perhaps not that similar after all.....

jojolagger
2010-01-11, 07:49 PM
Artemis
"My talents are more on the dangerous side and I don't want to damage the walls. Could we move to a balcony for a demonstration?"

Havelock
2010-01-12, 07:35 AM
OOC: I know. Arman isn't very good at expressing himself, if you can't tell.

Arman looked at the child, shrugged, and vanished, shadows consuming the place where he was. He reappeared in front of Aaren, glaring at the child.

"I'm glad I amuse you. Was that the kind of thing you were hoping to see?"

"And that is one of Arman's particular talents." Jussio takes a step forward and hopes for the best. "Mine are probably a bit more common, I'm a researcher and an artificer, although the way I go about it is a bit different. I'm a vassal, a scholar."

"I've seen better magic tricks" Aarren says, all puffed up and arrogant, his sister shrugs her head, a silent sigh "here we go again..." formed in her expression. Aarren ignores her, and turns to Jussio; "So, you're like an artificier that only reads books? What sort of artificier is that? And what's the point in worshipping Gods when you can just make an item that does whatever the priests claim come from divine sources?"

"L-l-likewise, I too work in the labs...as an artificer that is....." the shining one says, giving a little bow uncertainly....Trying to seem unimposing, he allowed his jaw to hang freely in what, he hoped, was a wide and friendly grin....

Devin looks at you with expectation: "Can you make toys?".

"My talents are more on the dangerous side and I don't want to damage the walls. Could we move to a balcony for a demonstration?"

Appearantly the words dangerous and damage can be found among Daviol's favourites. "Can you blow stuff up or something?"

jojolagger
2010-01-12, 07:52 PM
Artemis
"Kind of. I can shatter small objects and I can shoot beams of energy from my hands. I have some coppers I can use as targets."
It seems daviol will be one of he more combat focused inventors thought artemis. good, he will likely be as smart as his father and that will lead to interesting options.

Ryuuk
2010-01-12, 09:15 PM
Jussio

Perhaps I underestimated them… These weren't ordinary children, after all, they were the sons and daughters of the Baron of House Cannith. Magic was most likely something mundane for them and they must have lost a bit of their innocence, in this sense, if he found himself more awed by Arman´s magic then the boy. The Red Guard had granted consent by their silence, at least.

He smiles. “I fear you've gotten the wrong idea. I´m not an artificer that only reads books; I simply got to where I am because I paid attention to what I read. I haven't dedicated my life to creating magic items, but I'm a craftsman, as my mark dictated.” He partially removes his right glove, revealing the Mark of Making on the back of his hand, below his thumb and index finger. "...and I call myself an artificer by virtue of bearing the d'Cannith name."

"I might have been a good artificer or mage, but the priesthood was my calling. Why do I worship? Because it is all encompassing. For me the gods aren't just beings from beyond, they're an influence that only some can perceive. By seeing the ripples their presence has left in the world I can understand so much more. In the forge, this lets me work with the material, not against, and in life, this lets me see things so much simpler. All it takes is knowing its roots and even the mysteries of the arcane, seem crystal clear.

Perhaps you could do all this with an item, but I wouldn't need it."

Aquateenflayer
2010-01-12, 11:31 PM
"While in Valinar my masters entered me and my comrades in shows of force to entertain their Elven hosts. If it would please you I will gladly engage in blood sport for your amusement. As for other methods I simply lack the skills." Bastion says as he kneels down before Aarren.

Bastion scans the room for the most interesting opponent. The task set before him is unorthodox but he plans to please his future masters even if it costs him his life.

Havelock
2010-01-13, 02:33 PM
Artemis
"Kind of. I can shatter small objects and I can shoot beams of energy from my hands. I have some coppers I can use as targets."

You catch the attention of both the smaller boys, looking at you with huge eyes "We have a big balcony at that end of the floor!"

Jussio

He smiles. “I fear you've gotten the wrong idea. I´m not an artificer that only reads books; I simply got to where I am because I paid attention to what I read. I haven't dedicated my life to creating magic items, but I'm a craftsman, as my mark dictated.” He partially removes his right glove, revealing the Mark of Making on the back of his hand, below his thumb and index finger. "...and I call myself an artificer by virtue of bearing the d'Cannith name."

"I might have been a good artificer or mage, but the priesthood was my calling. Why do I worship? Because it is all encompassing. For me the gods aren't just beings from beyond, they're an influence that only some can perceive. By seeing the ripples their presence has left in the world I can understand so much more. In the forge, this lets me work with the material, not against, and in life, this lets me see things so much simpler. All it takes is knowing its roots and even the mysteries of the arcane, seem crystal clear.

Perhaps you could do all this with an item, but I wouldn't need it."

"Yeah, right, then how come items crafted by Cannith artificiers have brought more adventurers such as you back from the dead than priests have done?"

"While in Valinar my masters entered me and my comrades in shows of force to entertain their Elven hosts. If it would please you I will gladly engage in blood sport for your amusement. As for other methods I simply lack the skills." Bastion says as he kneels down before Aarren.

Bastion scans the room for the most interesting opponent. The task set before him is unorthodox but he plans to please his future masters even if it costs him his life.

"Really? How about starting with that Re..AUH" You notice his sister waving her hand in a motion as if she was slapping in the air, it certainly looked like someone slapped him in the face at least as hard as she did though, smiling triumphantly. "Do not encourage him".

atriusnight
2010-01-13, 08:43 PM
"Er....yes, I suppose I could craft toys..." Starts the warforged, but stops as the youth's attention is drawn away by the prospect of explosions. Sighing as one who doesn't breath does, the silvery warforged slumps slightly in relief as the spotlight drifts from himself.....

Tackyhillbillu
2010-01-13, 09:03 PM
Arman shook his head at the boy, still smirking. Always thought they knew everything, the Canniths. Aristocrats in general in fact.

"No Magic boy. I don't have the knack. It is a skill, nothing more, nothing less."

Arman shrugged, and looked at the other children. He and the eldest boy probably were not going to get along. They seemed to be amply entertained by the prospect of one of the Warforged destroying things so he shrugged.

Well, I have other things to do.

"Now I believe you should go watch the Warforged blow things up. No need for you to learn things that way."

Arman almost pulled out one of his Kukri's and began examining the blade for nicks, but he doubted the Red Guard would watch that without unease. So he just stepped back and walked over to a wall and leaned up against it, going over the motions of his Bladework in his head. It was a relaxing pass time, and would serve him better then trying to intimidate some kid.

Ryuuk
2010-01-13, 10:08 PM
Jussio

Jussio watches Arman walk off with a smile. Oh, to be so care free. Maybe he was wasting his time trying to argue with a 13 year old, this was something he felt strongly about. The choice to enter the clergy hadn't been his, but it had been what saved him from sharing his families faith. It was the strongest tool at his disposal.

He shakes his head. "Of course not, but that's like asking why wizards' fireballs didn't end more lives in the Last War then the weapons crafted in our forges. I don't pretend that priests can replace artificers, between you and me, my fellow would kill all innovation in the trade. I'm simply saying that faith can equip you with tools that would be out of reach for many, costing small fortunes to replicate."

"Regardless, if it comes to bringing back the dead, I believe that the halflings of Jorasco greatly outclass anything that a priest or an artificer could have done."

Havelock
2010-01-15, 05:08 AM
A

"No Magic boy. I don't have the knack. It is a skill, nothing more, nothing less."

Arman shrugged, and looked at the other children. He and the eldest boy probably were not going to get along. They seemed to be amply entertained by the prospect of one of the Warforged destroying things so he shrugged.

"Now I believe you should go watch the Warforged blow things up. No need for you to learn things that way."

"I should? I don't share my brothers enthusiasms for that sort of thing anymore"

Jussio
He shakes his head. "Of course not, but that's like asking why wizards' fireballs didn't end more lives in the Last War then the weapons crafted in our forges. I don't pretend that priests can replace artificers, between you and me, my fellow would kill all innovation in the trade. I'm simply saying that faith can equip you with tools that would be out of reach for many, costing small fortunes to replicate."

"Regardless, if it comes to bringing back the dead, I believe that the halflings of Jorasco greatly outclass anything that a priest or an artificer could have done."

He seems to nod a bit, accepting your point of view, then snapping back to his original argument "You mean the Jorasco artificiers?"

jojolagger
2010-01-15, 08:17 PM
Artemis
"I that case I'll get going. Feel free to join at any time. Now it's time to blow stuff up."
And with that the warforged heads to the balcony.

Havelock
2010-01-16, 08:01 PM
The two boys doesn't seem to be able to get there quick enough, keeping up with their pace would be indecent. Elena staggers after, interested in what the commotion is about, her nanny and quite a few Red Guards in tow.

Imelda seems to be slightly amused by it all, then turning to Arman "If what you just did is not magic, then what is it?"

Ryuuk
2010-01-18, 09:35 PM
Jussio

Smiling, Jussio considers this, savoring his small victory. He nods "They've built alters that can be used by the highest members of the house. Channeling their mark, they can take a life back from Dolurrh and return it to its body. Then there's the fact that countless more would have died war if they hadn't been brought back from the brink by Jorasco's medics." He watches Artemis go, followed by the younger heirs. "If you count the warforged, though how many lives they saved by taking their place and how many of them we've 'revived' as well..." He shrugs "No use in dwelling on it though, I'm sure some gnome somewhere is keeping count."

"Should we join your brothers Aarren?" Before he can take a step, Imelda's question holds him down. That was something he wouldn't mind knowing either.

Havelock
2010-01-19, 07:33 AM
"It simply is simply less complicated to create a machine tied to the abilities of a dragonmark than one that anyone could learn to use. Any Jorasco halfling that have advanced his dragonmark far enough can do it, he does not need to be a healer. The main reason Jorasco healed so many was the fact that they, unlike corps trained to use wands, would not be attacked on the battlefield. "

atriusnight
2010-02-05, 02:56 PM
ALLOY X

Standing off to the side watching the others play with the children, Alloy X wondered why he'd been chosen....It seemed that this was an honor, a way for the young humans to gain a deeper understanding of the guild's rising stars. Even so, the artificial man wondered what skill he possessed that could entertain the youth of his creators.

Gazing about the room, finally, it struck him "Ah." he says, walking up to a large harp, he seats himself beside it. Looking around the room and out on the balcony where the children were otherwise occupied he begins infusing himself and the harp. Before starting to play lightly, trying to be an unobtrusive background sound....

Skill Enhancement(Eb p115), Improving Perform(Stringed Instrument), +2
Eagle’s Splendor(PH p225), +4 to Cha, thus +2 Perform

atriusnight
2010-02-05, 03:08 PM
forgot to roll for perform (String instrument)
[roll0]
Edit...well, I never said I was any good....

Havelock
2010-02-06, 08:51 AM
The looks you are receiving suggests that it might be prudent to put the harp down.

((You also received the masterwork bonus, but you still fall short of the standards of a regular street musician with that check))

atriusnight
2010-02-08, 09:04 PM
ALLOY X
Feeling sheepish, the metal man sets the harp down and moves to stand by one of the redgaurd....