PDA

View Full Version : A Silly Thought about Girard and Elan (Spoilerish... sorta)

Holy_Knight
2010-01-06, 01:23 PM
As the title says this is silly, but I was thinking how this is the second time we've seen Elan leave a note for someone he's never met. So, what if after protecting his gate with layers of illusions, Girard retired from adventuring, and ran a clothing store in Cliffport? Then this would be the second time he's received a message from the mysterious "Elan"! Maybe that wild coincidence could even be the impetus for him to actually make contact with the Order, who he'd otherwise ignore. Not very likely, of course, but I just find the idea amusing. :P

ScottishDragon
2010-01-06, 01:28 PM
As the title says this is silly, but I was thinking how this is the second time we've seen Elan leave a note for someone he's never met. So, what if after protecting his gate with layers of illusions, Girard retired from adventuring, and ran a clothing store in Cliffport? Then this would be the second time he's received a message from the mysterious "Elan"! Maybe that wild coincidence could even be the impetus for him to actually make contact with the Order, who he'd otherwise ignore. Not very likely, of course, but I just find the idea amusing. :P

Well if by some wild coincidence that were true wouldn't he hate Elan?Even if he left money elan would have left a very bad impression.If girand were alive he would proboabably not like the order very much,possibly resulting in trying to kill them.

NerfTW
2010-01-06, 01:40 PM
But at least he'd know they aren't paladins. :smallwink:

derfenrirwolv
2010-01-06, 03:10 PM
Somehow i doubt an epic level character that can drop 10 gran gold pieces on a bet is going to worry about elan swiping .5 g worth of clothes.

ScottishDragon
2010-01-06, 07:02 PM
Somehow i doubt an epic level character that can drop 10 gran gold pieces on a bet is going to worry about elan swiping .5 g worth of clothes.

But it leaves a bad impression about elan.Hopefully he also does not run a music store in azure city.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-06, 07:45 PM
:smallsigh:COME ON! this isn't a crazy enough idea for this forum!:smallbiggrin:

Girard is actually the monty python sketch Character that Roy kept asking for spears. He went insane, destroyed the gate, left a trap for the already dead Soon and became obsessed with spears. So much so that he became a Spear "salesman" in order to get massive amounts of them which he'll never actually sell. He also decided that he'd look better in black hair and a ridiculous moustache instead of a ponytail and a goatee:smallcool:I think this is crazy enough

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-06, 09:24 PM
But it leaves a bad impression about elan.Hopefully he also does not run a music store in azure city.

Girard is Chaotic. He'd probably be disappointed in Elan for feeling guilty about stealing. He'd say something like "Why can't you be more like my niece, Haley?"

Shas aia Toriia
2010-01-06, 09:42 PM
Girard is Chaotic. He'd probably be disappointed in Elan for feeling guilty about stealing. He'd say something like "Why can't you be more like my niece, Haley?"

LOL THEY BOTH HAVE ORANJ HARE SO THEY R RELATIVS!!!11!ONE!! :smalltongue:

Holy_Knight
2010-01-07, 02:15 AM
I agree, but he might be intrigued by the fact that on two separate occasions the same person he's never met left him a written message. If that happened to me, I know I'd be at least curious enough to look into it. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-07, 02:28 AM
aww. nobody cares about my epileptic tree.:smallfrown:

Raging Gene Ray
2010-01-07, 02:43 AM

Let's see how we can work this in.

Girard thinks Elan fails at Chaotic after bothering to leave a note and feeling guilty about looting the lute. How does he know about the lute? His stores are magically monitored so he can find (and reward) shoplifters.

But what did he learn about Roy during the Polearm Shoppe Sketch? That he's a self-righteous jerk (threatening to kill me, typical of a Lawful-type), and relies solely on what is presented to him.

If he thought to question the absence of weapons in the weapon shop, he would have discovered the two Epic Longswords concealed in Girard's mustache.

These are just three businesses in Girard's multinational conglomerate, Starshine Interplanar (R), where I once had the privilege of being an adman.

That's Starshine Interplanar (C)(R), makers of such fine products as Plain, Ordinary Rocks (TM) [They're Mundane, Nonmagical Rocks with no Uses (C)]
and Haley's Breasts (TM) [Now in Ketchup Flavor(C)]!

Holy_Knight
2010-01-07, 02:44 AM

Actually, I liked it, it did make me giggle. :smallsmile: