PDA

View Full Version : looking for a creative solution

denthor
2010-01-06, 02:06 PM
I am a female fighter/mage/thief have a wedding to attend in a game.

What would you do for a gift. The wedding is for the party leader male fighter who I have an alignment disagreement with.

I am CG and he has desided to go from CN to LN while in the underdark he said that he would have the party fund would pay for the recharge a wand of darkvision I purchased.

He then decided to step down as party leader putting a Noble blooded Paladin in charge. Title is Sir since he is the third or fourth son in line for the position. Following it up with this

All things said under the previous leadership must now be taken up with the new leadership.

What would you do?

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 02:07 PM
A +1 Flaming eggbeater.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-01-06, 02:14 PM
whats that spoon that fills a container with like oatmeal/gruel or something

Zincorium
2010-01-06, 02:17 PM
Do you still support the guy? If so, something small and tasteful.

If not, then just don't show up in character. Tell them your character doesn't feel welcome and isn't obligated to show up where they're not wanted.

It's pretty rare to find a group that still has a party leader, so I don't have much in the way of advice, but you should just talk to the paladin guy and ask to have the party replace what the party used, and bring up the fact that they'd want the same thing if they were in your shoes.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 02:18 PM
whats that spoon that fills a container with like oatmeal/gruel or something

You mean a ladle?

RagnaroksChosen
2010-01-06, 02:18 PM
I don't know some paladins would be like:
But it was for the greater good of the party, I would never as for a refund"

denthor
2010-01-06, 02:21 PM
So I need to find a 5th level Cleric with the create useful object feat and pay more money than my wand cost. Will not happen magic items are out of the question I want to do this on the cheap. This is not happening in a large city he lives in a town of 200 people normally. This is a time of war I am upset that he promised me something did not deliver.

I need a non magic solution. Thus creative.

P.S. I already have a solution for the wedding gift in mind just wondering if maybe there is another.

The paladin flat refused to recharge or refund the wand.

In this game the Party leader is more of a mission decider than a face man.

The fighter getting married after all has a 8 cha.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 02:22 PM
How about a nice sword?

RagnaroksChosen
2010-01-06, 02:23 PM
You mean a ladle?

no theres a magic item in the DMG that fills what ever container you put it in with this white oatmeal gruel stuff... it aparently taste like wet cardboard but you can sustain your self off it.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 02:25 PM
I've seen it on crystalkeep before. Somewhere.

arguskos
2010-01-06, 02:27 PM
The item in question is called Murlynd's Spoon, or the Sustaining Spoon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#sustainingSpoon) in the SRD.

RagnaroksChosen
2010-01-06, 02:29 PM
The item in question is called Murlynd's Spoon, or the Sustaining Spoon (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#sustainingSpoon) in the SRD.

Thank you!

denthor
2010-01-06, 02:29 PM
Pharaoh's Fist is correct there is a spoon that cost 5,500 gold that is based on the cleric spell create food and water that will feed three people.

The wand cost 4,500 gold.

denthor
2010-01-06, 08:01 PM
Since I am running a female my solution was to get a gift for the wife. I bought her a 15 piece copper cooking set for her new husband engraved with the symbol of the church and the date of the wedding.

cost 55 gold and a trip to town where I was going anyway.