PDA

View Full Version : Gametable

Rasman
2010-01-06, 02:32 PM
I recently found a program called Gametable, it's freeware and I haven't found any viruses in it yet, that creates a digital grid table so you can either playtest or play out online table games.

Has anyone used this or is using this that can tell me more about setting it up or short cuts to maps and such?

Starscream
2010-01-06, 02:48 PM
It's pretty good. I personally like Maptool (also free) better. I also use OpenRPG, although it is abandonware now, and has gotten rather eccentric in its old age.

Artanis
2010-01-06, 04:14 PM
I recently found a program called Gametable, it's freeware and I haven't found any viruses in it yet, that creates a digital grid table so you can either playtest or play out online table games.

Has anyone used this or is using this that can tell me more about setting it up or short cuts to maps and such?

Gametable is good. Unlike OpenRPG, it actually works, and it's simple and easy to use both for players and DMs. It basically gives you just what you need to play and doesn't burden you with much more than that. Of course, the flipside of this is that it gives you only what you need to play.

Maptool is the other end of the spectrum. It has more bells and whistles than a police convention in a cathedral, but it's easy to try to do too much and get overwhelmed.

OpenRPG sucks. It wasn't that great even when it was being supported, and now that it's been abandoned...yeah. Stick with Gametable or Maptool.