Chaotic Evil Cleric: “I search him for potions!”
DM: “Yeah, he has a vial with a thick, black liquid in it.”
CEC: ”I drink it!”
-silence-
DM: “You DRINK the BLACK LIQUID from the vial the ASSASSIN carried with him?”
CEC: “Sure.”
-silence
DM: “Okay, um…you’re dead, you just drank contact poison…”

I think it was the first time he managed to kill someone who was not asleep.

That kind of thing has happened to me before, except it was MY character, in a good campaign, and he drank a bottle of liquid fire that a merchant had given him, thinking it was an elixir of fire breath, darn Lawful Good alignment, I believed him, I mean, he even CACKLED as he gave it too me, I just wish Sense Motive was a Sorcerer class skill...

Samiam303
2006-02-11, 11:17 PM
Human Wizard... Died at first level. I don't remember the details, but it was something involving several hundred charging orcs, some dynamite and a brick wall. ;D

Ego Slayer
2006-02-11, 11:23 PM
Human Wizard... Died at first level. I don't remember the details, but it was something involving several hundred charging orcs, some dynamite and a brick wall. ;D

Something tells me that was a rather interesting death. :P :D
I dare not say how I died. ;)

Lost_Scholar
2006-02-11, 11:54 PM
My first character was a human sorcerer who earned the nickname "Firefly" after his random obsession with the cantrip Light or Dancing Lights......this was also a campaign with the main NPC was Babaganush, and where the city of Baldur's Gate exploded due to the methane in the sewers.....don't ask....

Brickwall
2006-02-12, 12:13 AM
Human Cleric, premade 3.0 starter set, about 8 years ago. First original character idea I had? Hmm, that one I'm not quite sure about. I just remember I played clerics for a couple years beyond that. Then I went into rogues.

Meirnon
2009-05-20, 09:46 AM
Huh, first post as well... Cool.
Well, there was my "first" character. Y'know, the first fighter character you made with no backstory but was CN so all he did was go around hacking stuff? Yeah, his name was Dragoon. He wore Red Dragon Hide fullplate and worshipped Smaug. The party's silver dragon pet thought I was a red dragon SLAYER, so it liked me. How he died? I dunno. Our DM never told me. He just said I "disappeared". Ah well... that was when I was 13, so I din't really care.

My real first character... Might've been... Well, probably my namesake. But that's only if you count that I put thought into his backstory and his personality. He was made for a low-to-no magic campaign world based on the middle-ages. He was a fighter/sorcerer who trained under a paladin named Ezekiel (another one of my characters) until he became CG. He then set off and used his powers to hunt "demons" (which our DM categorized as any monster/criminal). His specialty was his ability to make his greatsword magical and his mage-armor actually appeared as angelic armor. He died from an instant-death critical hit to the eye. No confirmation roll. No save. I think it was our DM's way of saying "No magic... whatsoever". He did the same thing to the party Wizard pretty much... and the cleric... and anyone else capable of doing anything not natural. After that I played a halfling rogue named Jiffy. He lost his arm in a battle, but still kicked total ass. Him and his best halfling friend Alton practically saved the entire town from evil cultists, and Jiffy died saving an unconscious Alton from a burning mineshaft... which caused him to lose HIS arm, too. Halfling Rogues are fun :smallbiggrin:

Ilena
2009-05-20, 11:58 AM
My first character was a human figther, its become a tradition to go with a human fighter for any new game i start playing now :P but if i remember the campaign ended while we fought off some lizard folk attacking the ship we were on .... i think ... dam near got killed many times though, dm made it fun by feeling deadly but not actually killing us.

edit - oh my .. i just realized this was a complete necro! looked at someone saying 2001 was 5 years ago and like ... that aint right .... look at time stamp ... :P

The Rose Dragon
2009-05-20, 12:00 PM
Well, someone took a few levels in Thread Necromancer.

I don't know if it's appropriate to report thread necromancy, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

Seriously though, this thread's been dead for more than three years. Let it rest.

Dancing_Zephyr
2009-05-20, 03:27 PM
2e Paladin. Lots of fun, killed a chimera.
Other than that I don't remember much.