PDA

View Full Version : A Theory concerning the Gate location

BRC
2010-01-06, 05:30 PM
Girard claims that he lied to soon, and that Serini has the real coordinates. However, if I believed deception was the best way to hide the gate, I wouldn't give anybody the proper coordinates. I would not be surprised for Xykon to arrive at the coordinates given in Serini's journal, only to find a similar message saying "Nice try, but I gave Soon the real coordinates". Considering what we know of the party, I doubt it will be as hostile a message, and there probably won't be an explosion (Unless there is, because Serini is a rogue, and therefore could dodge the explosion easily, evading all damage, but anybody else with her, like, say, somebody forcing her to show them where the gate is, wouldn't be able to).

The actual gate is exactly halfway between the coordinates given to Soon and Serini.

DBJack
2010-01-06, 06:45 PM
It really depends on the accuracy of Sereni's diary and how Xykon got it

Yanti
2010-01-06, 10:42 PM
According to The Order of the Scribble, The Feud was mostly Soon vs. Dorukan and Girard. Because Serini was the one whokept the OotScribble from killing each other, I think that Girard would tell Serini and ONLY Serini the true co-ordinates of his gate in case his was attacked and overrun. As of now, though, all we can do is wait and see.

salinan
2010-01-06, 11:09 PM
According to The Order of the Scribble

You say that as though there's a book of that name that explains the whole story. :smalltongue:

As far as I know, we have all of a whole panel devoted to Girard and Soon's disagreement.

CasESenSITItiVE
2010-01-06, 11:15 PM
i personally think serini and girard had a closer relationship between them then with the others of the OotScr. in fact, considering this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0196.html) strip, i wouldn't be surprised if there was a romantic relationship

ThePhantasm
2010-01-06, 11:58 PM
i personally think serini and girard had a closer relationship between them then with the others of the OotScr. in fact, considering this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0196.html) strip, i wouldn't be surprised if there was a romantic relationship

I think that strip implies that Girard wants to get in Lirians "door" if you know what I mean (read the book!). The hearts aren't to show Serinis affection for Girard but Girards thoughts of affection for Lirian.

Nimrod's Son
2010-01-07, 12:09 AM
I think that strip implies that Girard wants to get in Lirians "door" if you know what I mean (read the book!). The hearts aren't to show Serinis affection for Girard but Girards thoughts of affection for Lirian.
The "new kid" Serini refers to in that passage is Dorukan; nothing suggests any interest in Lirian on Girard's part. The hearts are most likely to show Serini's feelings toward Girard.

Whether or not those feelings were reciprocated is another matter though, natch.

The_Weirdo
2010-01-07, 12:16 AM
The "new kid" Serini refers to in that passage is Dorukan; nothing suggests any interest in Lirian on Girard's part. The hearts are most likely to show Serini's feelings toward Girard.

Whether or not those feelings were reciprocated is another matter though, natch.

Okay, will we please stop thinking of human-halfling love?

factotum
2010-01-07, 02:24 AM
Okay, will we please stop thinking of human-halfling love?

Yeah! I mean, the result of that would be a half-halfling, and that would just be silly. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-07, 03:39 AM
Yeah! I mean, the result of that would be a half-halfling, and that would just be silly. :smallsmile:

actually it'd be a quarterling:smallamused:

I also find it ironic that a poster called "the weirdo" is telling us to stop being weird.:smallbiggrin:

Allan Surgite
2010-01-07, 07:06 AM
actually it'd be a quarterling:smallamused:
Three-quarterling, since halfings are... half and humans are whole, as opposed to being one-eighth~ ;P