PDA

View Full Version : Hunter of the Dead's True Death?

appending_doom
2010-01-06, 07:17 PM
Complete Warrior has a prestige class, Hunter of the Dead, which has an ability called "True Death":

when you destroy undead, they "can never rise again as undead."

Does this keep a ghost from rejuvenating?
Does it destroy vampires?
Does it keep liches from reviving?

(Please note: I'm aware this PrC is probably underpowered. A class with a prerequisite of 'turn undead' that doesn't advance it? Bleh. I'm just curious about the ability.)

Heliomance
2010-01-06, 07:32 PM
I was under the impression that once you'd destroyed an undead it couldn't be re-raised anyway. At least, not unless you True Rezzed the sucker whose body it was and then killed them again.

Zaydos
2010-01-06, 07:36 PM
I was under the impression true death was intended to stop just that liches, vampires, and ghosts. Those annoying undead which always come back.

That said there is a spell in the spell compendium I believe to revive an undead creature that has been destroyed back into its undead state. Revive Undead: Deathbound 5, Sor/Wiz 6. Bottom right corner of Page 175 and much of Page 176.

Jack_Simth
2010-01-06, 07:56 PM
Complete Warrior has a prestige class, Hunter of the Dead, which has an ability called "True Death":

when you destroy undead, they "can never rise again as undead."

Does this keep a ghost from rejuvenating?
Does it destroy vampires?
Does it keep liches from reviving?

(Please note: I'm aware this PrC is probably underpowered. A class with a prerequisite of 'turn undead' that doesn't advance it? Bleh. I'm just curious about the ability.)That is the intent of the ability, yes.

appending_doom
2010-01-06, 08:05 PM
Well, then, thanks, all.