PDA

View Full Version : Do you have these southeastern (USA) symptoms?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-01-06, 07:56 PM
Ok, everyone I've talked to in my state of late has had headaches and dizziness ranging from light to heavy. Some so bad its almost knocking them out or generating migraines.

Is anyone in the area suffering unusual headaches or dizziness?

Wondering if it's not the storm front moving in, but if so, this has gotta be a doozy to affect so many.

xPANCAKEx
2010-01-06, 07:57 PM
pressure systems moving in from storms sometimes give me a bit of a headache too - so that may well be the cause?

The Vorpal Tribble
2010-01-06, 08:01 PM
pressure systems moving in from storms sometimes give me a bit of a headache too - so that may well be the cause?
Maybe, but here in Georgia storm fronts come in all the time. Usually takes a bonafide hurricane to mess with me, and even then it only seems to effect some. This is messing with every single person I've asked.

Perenelle
2010-01-06, 08:27 PM
Well I've always gotten migraines (they run in my family for some reason) so I doubt the weather is giving me headaches. I think the last time I got a migraine was.... last week-ish. I dunno.

scsimodem
2010-01-06, 09:15 PM
Actually, yes, and I'm currently sitting in Georgia.

The current weather patterns, combining temperature and humidity variables, leads to sinus clogging. I've been waking up most mornings here congested. Air trapped by mucous attempts to expand when the pressure lowers or contract when the pressure rises, either of which is always associated with a storm front. When the air spaces cannot be equalized, it causes headaches and problems with hearing.

The same problems occur when using SCUBA while congested.

Anuan
2010-01-06, 09:18 PM
It's The Headachopolis! Aaahhh! Run!

DraPrime
2010-01-06, 09:33 PM
Everyone in the state? Like even people in completely different parts? That seems weird. I know that up here in Mass a bunch of people also feel like this, but I think it's just because a lot of us are sick.

Don Julio Anejo
2010-01-06, 09:41 PM
I'm having these exact symptoms as we speak, except I'm in Vancouver :smallmad:

Although it may have something to do with the grand total 12 hours of sleep I had in the last 3 days.

Jack Squat
2010-01-06, 09:43 PM
I had a headache and general uneasiness earlier today (around noon-ish), went away though.

Coidzor
2010-01-06, 10:13 PM
zomg, conspiracy theory time? :smallconfused:

DraPrime
2010-01-06, 10:16 PM

I think the squirrels are doing it. Those bastards always look like they know something.

Solaris
2010-01-06, 10:24 PM
I think the squirrels are doing it. Those bastards always look like they know something.

Curses! We've been discovered! Flee, my bushy-tailed minions! Your Moustache God commands that we abort Plan #21332 and recoup to attempt Plan #21333 in 2d10 weeks!

Lycan 01
2010-01-06, 10:25 PM
Most of my family has a headache, and we're in Mississippi. My mom's sinuses are messed up, and my bro had a migraine. I woke up with a headache, but Advil fixed it.

The fluctuations of hot and cold here are giving a lot of people Colds and other illnesses. The coming storms are also affecting peoples joints and sinuses and stuff, too.

STUPID WEATHER!! :smallmad: It ain't supposed to snow in Mississippi, especially 3 times within a few weeks! Most years it doesn't even snow once! That just ain't right! :smalleek:

DraPrime
2010-01-06, 10:28 PM
Curses! We've been discovered! Flee, my bushy-tailed minions! Your Moustache God commands that we abort Plan #21332 and recoup to attempt Plan #21333 in 2d10 weeks!

Quick! Attack the squirrels' acorn supplies! We'll get em while they flee!

kpenguin
2010-01-06, 11:01 PM
Its things like that this that make me be very glad to be living in the very mildly weathered Bay Area of California.

Tirian
2010-01-06, 11:19 PM
Yeah, and I'm loving living in the snow belt of Western New York. Sure, we've had a foot of snow since the beginning of the year, but we're ready for it, and it only comes a few inches at a time.

Killer Angel
2010-01-07, 04:43 AM
I don't know if this counts, but one of my cousin is currently in Florida (he live in Winsconsin). I've heard it yesterday and nope, he's all right.

Decoy Lockbox
2010-01-07, 08:03 AM

Well, there was an episode of the X-files that started like this...and then people's head started exploding. So I guess what I'm saying is, good luck!

Quincunx
2010-01-07, 08:12 AM
Oh, jolly. The, erm, Great Old One which lurks in the soil there is uneasy in its sleep and I still don't know what I, personally, can do to oppose it.

(The peculiarly strong cold front is most likely what's doing you in. Out of curiosity, is it also much windier than it ought to be at this time of year? Low-pressure systems will make my sinuses ache, but it's the wind snatching the oxygen from my lungs which makes me giddy, and that would affect more people than just the few with easily blocked sinuses.)

Holocron Coder
2010-01-07, 08:20 AM
I'm living in ATL and haven't had a problem yet. Just ball-shrinkingly cold temperatures the last few days :smallannoyed:

But no, no headaches or congestion :smallbiggrin:

CDR_Doom
2010-01-07, 08:51 AM
I'm living in ATL and haven't had a problem yet. Just ball-shrinkingly cold temperatures the last few days :smallannoyed:

But no, no headaches or congestion :smallbiggrin:

This. Except I'm in very North Florida. And it may snow tomorrow. Which hasn't happened in 20 years. I was pretty sure that the world wasn't supposed to end for another 2 years, but I guess it just wanted to surprise us.

KuReshtin
2010-01-07, 09:14 AM
Does it count if I get a headache from my colleague's shoddy and incompetent work? Mastondentalpatriotism

Midnight Son
2010-01-07, 10:38 AM
Ok, everyone I've talked to in my state of late has had headaches and dizziness ranging from light to heavy. Some so bad its almost knocking them out or generating migraines.

Is anyone in the area suffering unusual headaches or dizziness?

Wondering if it's not the storm front moving in, but if so, this has gotta be a doozy to affect so many.And now we know where the zombie apocalypse is going to start. based on the symptoms mentioned, I'd say everyone has about a week to live, give or take depending on how far from the epicenter you live.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-07, 10:39 AM
*flees to Madagascar*

:smalltongue:

Telonius
2010-01-07, 11:06 AM
Yeah, lots of people around here are having those symptoms as well. We generally diagnose it as "winter."

Solaris
2010-01-07, 11:17 AM
Quick! Attack the squirrels' acorn supplies! We'll get em while they flee!

Ha! Good luck! They're hidden so well not even my bushy-tailed buddies know where they are!

blackfox
2010-01-07, 11:24 AM
Yeah, lots of people around here are having those symptoms as well. We generally diagnose it as "winter."That counts as winter? :smalleek:

@v: I meant that the temperatures are low enough/snow is great enough down there to count as winter... I dunno. I just don't do very well with hot temperatures, etc, so I tend to be leery of the weather in the South.

DraPrime
2010-01-07, 12:39 PM
That counts as winter? :smalleek:

Feeling sick is a common thing during the wintertime, such as cold temperatures and snow. Thus, it's part of winter.