View Full Version : Around the Eye of the Storm IC

Pages : [1] 2

deathpigeon
2010-01-06, 10:43 PM
Part 0- Introduction

You approach the Northern wall of Wintersteel. The wall is a small wooden wall with a guard standing atop of it. He hails you all, "State your name and business in Wintersteel!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathas steps out of the temple of Ioun after a minor confrontation with the Head Priest into the main road. Down the road to the left is the town's square. An black robed dragonborn approaches you, and says, "Good day Keeper, meet me at the Black feather tavern and inn on the east side of the town square. Look for me at the table at the south-west corner of the bar, and remember, not everything is as it seems." He walks off without giving you a chance to react.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-06, 11:28 PM
Orpheus steps forward. He's only 3'1, but he seems to be important. He's wearing a dark blue set of armor, hide masterfully crafted from the hide of a drake, with golden etchings all over. His pants match his armor, and have several straps along it. The straps have golden buckles. His boots are dark reddish brown, as is his cape, which has very broad shoulders, and is oddly stiff. At his side is his sword, and his shield is concealed under his cape. His eyes are dark blue, almost black, orbs, and his hair long and silver.

"I am Orpheus Obsidian, of the Erroenn Tribe of Eladrin." He gives a peaceful gesture. "And we don't come with ill intent."

deathpigeon
2010-01-06, 11:43 PM
Orpheus steps forward. He's only 3'1, but he seems to be important. He's wearing a dark blue set of armor, hide masterfully crafted from the hide of a drake, with golden etchings all over. His pants match his armor, and have several straps along it. The straps have golden buckles. His boots are dark reddish brown, as is his cape, which has very broad shoulders, and is oddly stiff. At his side is his sword, and his shield is concealed under his cape. His eyes are dark blue, almost black, orbs, and his hair long and silver.

"I am Orpheus Obsidian, of the Erroenn Tribe of Eladrin." He gives a peaceful gesture. "And we don't come with ill intent."

The guard looks at him strangely "By the Raven Queen, I never thought I'd see an actual gnome! I heard your folk never leave the feywild much."

Jesse Drake
2010-01-06, 11:48 PM
"I assure you, good sir, I'm no gnome. I'm actually an Eladrin warrior." He waves at him. "And I'd really appreciate if you'd be more sensitive to my height issues sir. It's abhorrent to think that someone in charge of overseeing who passes in and out of this town is so discriminative."

deathpigeon
2010-01-06, 11:51 PM
"I assure you, good sir, I'm no gnome. I'm actually an Eladrin warrior." He waves at him. "And I'd really appreciate if you'd be more sensitive to my height issues sir. It's abhorrent to think that someone in charge of overseeing who passes in and out of this town is so discriminative."

The guard rolls his eyes, "Welcome to Wintersteel, your free to go in." He tosses you a coin, "This is a fifty percent off token for the Black Feather, the cities giving them to first time travelers these days." He writes something down muttering under his breath "Hight issues. Ha."

GamerJacob
2010-01-06, 11:53 PM
A young dark featured human steps up. The first thing that most will note are the quality of his cloths. Most would assume him a nobleman if not for his lack of horse, carriage, or company. He wears a longsword at his hip and it is easy to detect the outlines of leather armor under his cloths.

I am Tralin Bartolie. I will seek an inn to take rest from my travels.

deathpigeon
2010-01-06, 11:58 PM
A young dark featured human steps up. The first thing that most will note are the quality of his cloths. Most would assume him a nobleman if not for his lack of horse, carriage, or company. He wears a longsword at his hip and it is easy to detect the outlines of leather armor under his cloths.

I am Tralin Bartolie. I will seek an inn to take rest from my travels.

The guard arches his eye, "A Bartolie, eh, don't you guys own the biggest company for, well, everything. Come on through" He tosses another one of the tokens to you.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 12:20 AM
He arches his bushy eyebrows at the gnome's remark. His hair is scraggly and cut short with a shard of glass, leaving scars on the back of his neck from cutting himself. His green eyes shine out their sockets. the lower half of his body has been turned to scales. It flexes and flows when he slithers up to the gate. He tries not to get frustrated when the guard realizes that he cannot speak.

Ichneumon
2010-01-07, 02:43 AM
Marina's steps forward too. Wearing a simple cloak and under it a simple not out of the ordinary dress. The buckle of her cloak seems to be a religious simple to a deity (Erathis). Her hair is long and black. She wears earrings made of sea shells. Everything about her is simple and modest, not expensive or eye-catching. She does look intelligent and attractive though, in a gnomish way.

She makes a small bow before the guards, smiles, and says:

Greetings, guard. I assure you, I, mrs Marina Dragonfly, only come here to marvel at your great city's achievements. May Erathis bring you good fortune.

The comments of Orpheus surprise her, but she didn't look very carefully at him, so she just assumes he really is a eladrin.

shadowmage
2010-01-07, 07:40 AM
Mathas nods to the dragonborns back. Looks over his shoulder then turns and heads down the street, his staff clicking on the cobblestones and prays to Ioun on his lips. He enjoys the warmth of the sun having been in the Temple. Easily weaving his way through the crowds as he heads towards the Black Feather Tavern.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 08:36 AM
Ichneumon- The guard inclines his head, "Now are you a gnome, or are you another hight deprived eldarin?

Green Muffin- The guard ignores you attempts to subtly show you can't speak, in fact, it seems like he thinks you are flirting with him.

shadowmage- you walk down the street, past the temple of Mordain and the smith guild hall, into the bustling square. The square is lined of shops of all sorts, weapon shops, potion shops, etc. On the west side, you see the temple to the Raven Queen with people in black robes similar to the dragonborn's moving in and out a long with the followers of the faith. To the east, you see a large Inn with a sign that looks like a big black feather on it that says The Raven Feather Inn and Tavern. Behind the inn you see a large tower rise up into the clouds.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-07, 08:57 AM
A small light fills Orpheus's eyes. This- perhaps she too is another smaller eladrin. His mother always said that some eladrin don't grow too tall, he had just assumed she meant him. He kindly approaches her. "Pay him no mind Mrs. Dragonfly- he's quite rude. He's got us confused with some imaginary creature." He extends his hand and fully introduces himself again.

Ichneumon
2010-01-07, 09:51 AM
"I... I am...."
Marina's face turns red. She would've said she was a gnome, but that kind young man approached her so friendly. He seems so confused though, (and does look like a gnome, as far as she can she). She wouldn't want to hurt his feelings and saying she is a gnome now would certainly make him look like a fool...

"Thank you, young man, I guess some people are just rude indeed." She says to Orpheus. To the guard she says:
"Please, sir. Let me through. My ancestry isn't anyone's business, but my own."
Orpheus intrigues her.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 10:00 AM
Don gets annoyed. He opens his mouth in an attempt to show the cut off stump of his tonguwe. With a snap of his fingers the top of his feather sticking out of his heltmet lights of fire. He then points furiously at the gate

prestidation (cantrip)
affect 4: instantly light or snuff out a candle or torch.
allowed to have up to three open at one time.

Mando Knight
2010-01-07, 12:55 PM
The tiefling woman walks up closer to the gate, and observes the scarred man's silent attempts at communication. "I think he's trying to say he can't talk. My name is Kallista, by the way. I don't know about this guy, but I'm just a traveler looking for odd jobs."

shadowmage
2010-01-07, 01:30 PM
He swings over by the Temple of the Raven Queen drawing on the experiences of one of his past life to give the proper greetings, before heading to The Raven Feather. Walking in the door he looks around to see if the born is here yet or not.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-07, 02:53 PM
You approach the Northern wall of Wintersteel. The wall is a small wooden wall with a guard standing atop of it. He hails you all, "State your name and business in Wintersteel!"

I am Daigorro Kelan. You've written my name on that ledger before, my good sir. I am, as usual, here to visit the Temple of the Raven Queen. says the hooded stranger as he strolls up to the gate. Though I am afraid today that I have not the coin to spend shopping at Wintersteel's wondrous armories. Alas, perhaps next time... he adds with a somewhat exasperated sigh.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 04:50 PM
@ Ich and Jesse- The guard looks annoyed, "Well, go one then, go inside."

@ GM and MK- The guard yells as the feather sets a flame, "Agh! I can see that now!" He hands Don the clipboard, "Sign your name here and go in!" He turns to Kallista, "You can go in to." He hands both of you one of the tokens.

@ SE- The guard smiles, "Finally! Someone normal. Go on in."

@ sm- When you enter the tavern, you find the table in the corner he told you about empty, but you feel something from over there, like you really want to sit there.

Ichneumon
2010-01-07, 05:00 PM
Marina looks if Orpheus goes inside and follows him.
" I still need to search a place to sleep tonight. Are you by any chance going to a tavern or inn? Care if I join you?"

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 05:13 PM
Marina looks if Orpheus goes inside and follows him.
" I still need to search a place to sleep tonight. Are you by any chance going to a tavern or inn? Care if I join you?"

As you walk in, you see a bigger stone wall being built, but it is incomplete and you can walk on in. You see a lot of people, mainly dwarves and humans, working on the wall.

Ichneumon
2010-01-07, 05:17 PM
Marina walks up to one of the dwarves and asks what the wall is for.

(In case I have to roll, I think it is streetwise: [roll0])

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 05:19 PM
Marina walks up to one of the dwarves and asks what the wall is for.

(In case I have to roll, I think it is streetwise: [roll0])

The dwarf grunts and says, "To protect the city from attack."

shadowmage
2010-01-07, 05:22 PM
He moves over to the table leaning his staff against the wall, pulling out a Tome he sits down and begins to study as he waits. To those farther away it looks like as if he is mouthing the words of what he is reading. To those closer they can just make out prays he speaks to himself.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 05:29 PM
He moves over to the table leaning his staff against the wall, pulling out a Tome he sits down and begins to study as he waits. To those farther away it looks like as if he is mouthing the words of what he is reading. To those closer they can just make out prays he speaks to himself.

You hear, "Well, your finally here." When you look up, you see the dragonborn there.

Ichneumon
2010-01-07, 05:30 PM
"Attack from what?" Marina asks curious.
She's not intending to stay to talk for long with the locals, but this might be important. Attacking the city, is in a way an attack on the ideals of Erathis after all.

shadowmage
2010-01-07, 05:32 PM
He looks up. "Oh our pardon, we did not see you there. He carefuly slides the Tome into his pack. How can we be of service to you?

GamerJacob
2010-01-07, 05:36 PM
Tralin pockets the coin and walks into the gate and looks for the gate's guard post, barracks, or information center (if Wintersteel is big enough). Tralin introduces himself, “My name is Tralin Bartolie and I am looking to start up a new family trade route in the area. I have a few questions which I hope you could answer or point me in the right direction.”

Goal (Information Gathering)
*Some of this I may know without asking.
-Who or what (council?) rules in Wintersteel?
-Are they building the bigger wall because of man, beast, or ego?
-How far out does the guard partrol to keep this area safe from bandit and creatures?
-How dangerous is the city? (Open Knifings to Carebears)
-Tralin will also get a baseline for average food/lodging pricings from customers and providers. (It will be revealing to see how much extra people try to charge him due to the quality of his cloths.)

Then give me a Streetwise attempt “to find out what’s going on, who the movers and shakers are, where to get what you need (and how to get there), and where not to go.”

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 05:37 PM
He looks up. "Oh our pardon, we did not see you there. He carefuly slides the Tome into his pack. How can we be of service to you?

The dragonborn grins, "I have heard a prophecy, and I need your help."

"Attack from what?" Marina asks curious.
She's not intending to stay to talk for long with the locals, but this might be important. Attacking the city, is in a way an attack on the ideals of Erathis after all.

The dwarf laughs, "You know, monsters, bandits, invading armies, you know the usual"

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 05:54 PM
Tralin pockets the coin and walks into the gate and looks for the gate's guard post, barracks, or information center (if Wintersteel is big enough). Tralin introduces himself, “My name is Tralin Bartolie and I am looking to start up a new family trade route in the area. I have a few questions which I hope you could answer or point me in the right direction.”

-How far out does the guard partrol to keep this area safe from bandit and creatures?
-Tralin will also get a baseline for average food/lodging pricings from customers and providers. (It will be revealing to see how much extra people try to charge him due to the quality of his cloths.)

Then give me a Streetwise attempt “to find out what’s going on, who the movers and shakers are, where to get what you need (and how to get there), and where not to go.”

[roll0] streetwise.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 06:30 PM

1. The city is run by a charismatic young woman, she organized the people, and founded the city.
2. They're building their first wall in order to protect the city.
3. The city guard is only big enough to protect the city, they plan on hiring independent contractors to patrol the surrounding area.
4. The city is regularly patrolled by guards, there is crime, but not much.
5. Food is about 3sp, drink is about 1sp, and a stay in the room, about 6sp. According to the locals, the best, and only place to stay and eat for outsiders is the Raven Feather.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 06:49 PM
Don, not having more than a 1st grade education, attempts to scibble his name on it

Don Hok

He then returns the slate and poceeds to walk through the gate.

Zocelot
2010-01-07, 06:50 PM
Kvarn wears old and worn clothing, and carries a pack that is barely holding itself together. The only items he keeps in good condition are the armor in the pack, his shield which attached to the pack and is dangling off, and the sword in the sheath at his side.

In terms of appearance, he is a Half-Orc, but could be mistaken for an exceedingly ugly human by those who more readily expect humans. He shaves his head and facial hair fairly regularly, but a it has grown back a bit, making him look unkempt. He is covered in scars and scrapes, but he is so dirty it is impossible to tell how many he has. He walks with a pronounced limp, and holds his side with one hand.

Kvarn turns to the guard and says "I am Kvarn, of Pragog. I come seeking fame and fortune, fine food and fine women. But first, I think I'm going to need some medical attention.". Kvarn starts laughing and then jovially says "Heheheh. I got mauled by a boar I was hunting. I tried to kill it, and it nearly killed me. Heheheheh-ow!". Kvarn stops laughing, obviously it is causing him pain.

GamerJacob
2010-01-07, 07:09 PM
Would characters expect this city to be a "Free City" or attached to a kingdom, barony, etc?

If you can build a city I'm guessing there is a lot of constant turmoil and people will often go to places rumored to be safe.

Mando Knight
2010-01-07, 07:13 PM
Kallista walks through the gate, and presumably finds the Raven's Feather without much incident. Once there, she takes a seat, orders a lager, and looks around for anything interesting.
[roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 07:49 PM
Don, not having more than a 1st grade education, attempts to scibble his name on it

Don Hok

He then returns the slate and poceeds to walk through the gate.

The guard waves you by.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 07:51 PM
Kvarn wears old and worn clothing, and carries a pack that is barely holding itself together. The only items he keeps in good condition are the armor in the pack, his shield which attached to the pack and is dangling off, and the sword in the sheath at his side.

In terms of appearance, he is a Half-Orc, but could be mistaken for an exceedingly ugly human by those who more readily expect humans. He shaves his head and facial hair fairly regularly, but a it has grown back a bit, making him look unkempt. He is covered in scars and scrapes, but he is so dirty it is impossible to tell how many he has. He walks with a pronounced limp, and holds his side with one hand.

Kvarn turns to the guard and says "I am Kvarn, of Pragog. I come seeking fame and fortune, fine food and fine women. But first, I think I'm going to need some medical attention.". Kvarn starts laughing and then jovially says "Heheheh. I got mauled by a boar I was hunting. I tried to kill it, and it nearly killed me. Heheheheh-ow!". Kvarn stops laughing, obviously it is causing him pain.

The guard rolls his eyes, Yeah, yeah. Go on in, I'm not stopping you, you don't even have "height problems".

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 07:54 PM
Would characters expect this city to be a "Free City" or attached to a kingdom, barony, etc?

If you can build a city I'm guessing there is a lot of constant turmoil and people will often go to places rumored to be safe.

This is a free city, but it plans on founding some sort of joint government with their sister city of Earthsteel. They are building in unclaimed land. The leader, in their former city founded the Wintersteel company, then bought all the stocks, moved all the people part of the company, including the entire wizards guild, here and founded Wintersteel.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 07:57 PM
Kallista walks through the gate, and presumably finds the Raven's Feather without much incident. Once there, she takes a seat, orders a lager, and looks around for anything interesting.
[roll0]

You see a number of city guards preparing to leave for something near the entrance, and in the corner you see a robed deva talking to himself.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 08:09 PM
noticing odd glances from builders, Don's tail slowly morphs into a pair of hairy legs covered with rags. He walks on past the wall and the pair of "height challenged eladrin". He finds a good rock and does a little bit of people watching.

perception: [roll0]
insight: [roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 08:15 PM
noticing odd glances from builders, Don's tail slowly morphs into a pair of hairy legs covered with rags. He walks on past the wall. He finds a good rock and does a little bit of people watching.

insight: [roll1]

You don't see much, people are building, some seem lazier than others, but it seems fine. As you enter the city you see many middle class people walking down the street, most seem not to have very much money, but their clothes tell a different story. When you enter the city, you notice guards gathering in small groups.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-07, 08:32 PM
Daigorro proceeds to the Temple of the Raven Queen first, and asks to speak with the high priest. When he gets his audience, presumably after waiting awhile, he reports.
The necromancer in the woods is terminated. The carcasses of the woods no longer walk by moonlight. My mission is complete, your Honour. By your leave, I will spend a night or two at the Raven's Feather. If you have any other tasks for me, I am glad to take them on.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 08:39 PM
Daigorro proceeds to the Temple of the Raven Queen first, and asks to speak with the high priest. When he gets his audience, presumably after waiting awhile, he reports.
The necromancer in the woods is terminated. The carcasses of the woods no longer walk by moonlight. My mission is complete, your Honour. By your leave, I will spend a night or two at the Raven's Feather. If you have any other tasks for me, I am glad to take them on.

As you walk through the square, you see guards trickling into the temple. When you enter, they give you immediate audience with the high priest of the city. He says, "Sounds fine by me. Oh, by the way, one of the initiates told me to give you this." He hands you a stone that says For an emergency on the front.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-07, 08:42 PM
As you walk through the square, you see guards trickling into the temple. When you enter, they give you immediate audience with the high priest of the city. He says, "Sounds fine by me. Oh, by the way, one of the initiates told me to give you this." He hands you a stone that says For an emergency on the front.

Thank you, your Honour. Would I be out of place it asking what it is for? Additionally, is there a particular reason the guards are congregating in the temple, your Honour?

When he gets his answer, Daigorro will thank him kindly and then proceed to the Raven's Feather, where he'll order a non-alcoholic drink (some kind of juice, or failing that milk or water, whatever's available) and a small meal. As he waits for his meal, he fingers the small fragment of splintered wood that is his ki focus, contemplating his life introspectively as he often does while waiting for food.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 08:46 PM
Thank you, your Honour. Would I be out of place it asking what it is for? Additionally, is there a particular reason the guards are congregating in the temple, your Honour?

When he gets his answer, Daigorro will thank him kindly and then proceed to the Raven's Feather, where he'll order a non-alcoholic drink (some kind of juice, or failing that milk or water, whatever's available) and a small meal. As he waits for his meal, he fingers the small fragment of splintered wood that is his ki focus, contemplating his life introspectively as he often does while waiting for food.

The priest smile, "I have no idea. The guards are gatering for a meeting with one of the priests they coordinate with, I have no idea why all of them had to come though."

When you get to the inn, the barkeeper gives you the usual, a thick juice that is good for after a mission, he gives you a nice meal, and has someone prepare your room for the evening and the next. (-3 gp)

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 08:47 PM
Don looks at the huddled gaurds. He attempt to sneak up and hear their
conversation.

stealth: [roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 08:49 PM
Don looks at the huddled gaurds. He attempt to sneak up and hear their
conversation.

stealth: [roll0]

They are chatting with each other about mere gossip, they begin to move to the Temple. You see someone come out of the Temple and quickly move to the Raven Feather.

Zocelot
2010-01-07, 08:53 PM
The guard rolls his eyes, Yeah, yeah. Go on in, I'm not stopping you, you don't even have "height problems".

Kvarn wanders the city, trying to find a healer of some sort, perhaps belonging to a temple. He is not very patient, and the lack of success compels him to get directions from a citizen.

If I do need to roll, then I'll try Streetwise.

[roll0]

If that fails, I'll assume the location of a at least one temple is common knowledge, and pull over a guy and try to Intimidate the information out of him.

[roll1]

And if that also fails, I'll just wander around some more until either I find a temple or I can try again.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-07, 08:57 PM
Orpheus smiles. To Marina, he says "That would be fine." Orpheus takes one last look back at the rude guard, before fidgeting with the coin he was given. "Hm... I don't suppose you've ever been here? Well, we should find this Black Feather- I'm guessing this is an Inn." Orpheus shoves it in his pocket before making his way off, looking for the Black Feather. "So- you're here to marvel at the city eh? Are you some sort of architect?"

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 09:14 PM
Kvarn wanders the city, trying to find a healer of some sort, perhaps belonging to a temple. He is not very patient, and the lack of success compels him to get directions from a citizen.

If I do need to roll, then I'll try Streetwise.

[roll0]

If that fails, I'll assume the location of a at least one temple is common knowledge, and pull over a guy and try to Intimidate the information out of him.

[roll1]

And if that also fails, I'll just wander around some more until either I find a temple or I can try again.

Kvarn attempts to persuade the people and fails, so he roughs someone up for the info, he again fails. Disapointed and angry, he walks into the town square where he sees the Temple to the Raven Queen right in plain sight.

Mando Knight
2010-01-07, 09:15 PM
Kallista orders an actual meal to accompany her beer, after seeing the shadowy human get a good-looking meal and realizing how hungry she is.

When she's done with her meal, she looks around for any cloaked men in shadowy corners or other obvious leads to some work. Barring that, she will slide into a seat near Mathus (the only other demi-human noted so far).

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-07, 09:19 PM
OOC: Daigorro's a shady stranger! :smallbiggrin:.

When he gets his food, he eats it slowly and purposefully, focusing entirely on the food to blank his mind. He eats his food with a pair of thin, polished sticks (essentially chopsticks). Strange, that the high priest would not know what his suboordinates are up to... I hope there is no conflict building in the Church, he sort of half thinks, intent on his meal.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 09:25 PM
Not having the money or the patience to go to the Inn, Don looks for a rat to kill.

nature: [roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 09:28 PM
Kallista orders an actual meal to accompany her beer, after seeing the shadowy human get a good-looking meal and realizing how hungry she is.

When she's done with her meal, she looks around for any cloaked men in shadowy corners or other obvious leads to some work. Barring that, she will slide into a seat near Mathus (the only other demi-human noted so far).

The only cloaked person is Diagorro, and the only one in the corner is the seemingly crazy deva.

Zocelot
2010-01-07, 10:32 PM
Kvarn attempts to persuade the people and fails, so he roughs someone up for the info, he again fails. Disapointed and angry, he walks into the town square where he sees the Temple to the Raven Queen right in plain sight.

Kvarn enters the the Temple of the Raven Queen. He asks to speak to a healer, and waits until one has time to see him. When (if) he meets a healer, he explains the situation to him.

I was out hunting, and I got mauled by a boar. It was a fierce fight, and I eventually killed him. He tore up my leg, and my side. I managed to get some bandages on myself, but I still lost a lot of blood; if I don't get healing soon, I could be crippled for life, or get infected and die. Please, heal my wounds, I'll gladly repay you. I can lift heavy stuff if you need to, but if you need anything a little more heroic that needs doing, I'm your man. I also have some meats and furs in my bag that I can trade, if you'd rather have something a bit more material. I know I don't look it, but I'm a good guy, and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out here.

GamerJacob
2010-01-07, 11:04 PM
Tralin will work his way past the lowest level of bureaucracy (likely just the first level as this city is new). Once he has hit the first offical with any real influence or a barrier he can't pass, he will leave a letter of introduction to Wintersteel. Tralin claims to be a problem fixer in areas of supply, security, and information gathering. It says that he can be found at the Black Feather for the next week or that fowarding information will be there.

Tralin then travels to the Black Feather to arrange a room and dinner.

Mando Knight
2010-01-07, 11:16 PM
Seeing that her preferences for grabbing a job has been split somewhat evenly, she takes a seat opposite Daigorro and watches him eat.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-07, 11:18 PM
Seeing that her preferences for grabbing a job has been split somewhat evenly, she takes a seat opposite Daigorro and watches him eat.

He looks up from his meal. Can I help you, miss? he asks politely. He clacks his chopsticks together somewhat subconsciously.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 11:23 PM
Not having the money or the patience to go to the Inn, Don looks for a rat to kill.

nature: [roll0]

Don fails at catching a rat, remembering he has a token for 50% off for food at the inn.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 11:28 PM
Kvarn enters the the Temple of the Raven Queen. He asks to speak to a healer, and waits until one has time to see him. When (if) he meets a healer, he explains the situation to him.

I was out hunting, and I got mauled by a boar. It was a fierce fight, and I eventually killed him. He tore up my leg, and my side. I managed to get some bandages on myself, but I still lost a lot of blood; if I don't get healing soon, I could be crippled for life, or get infected and die. Please, heal my wounds, I'll gladly repay you. I can lift heavy stuff if you need to, but if you need anything a little more heroic that needs doing, I'm your man. I also have some meats and furs in my bag that I can trade, if you'd rather have something a bit more material. I know I don't look it, but I'm a good guy, and I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out here.

A young man in black robes greets you at the entrance of the Temple, he directs you to one of the rooms where on call healers work for cheap for those badly wounded or poor. In the room, after hearing your story, the healer heals your wound for free, for some of your meat, to give to the poor of course. After you are finished, he tells you to leave so he can treat the next patient.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 11:33 PM
Tralin will work his way past the lowest level of bureaucracy (likely just the first level as this city is new). Once he has hit the first offical with any real influence or a barrier he can't pass, he will leave a letter of introduction to Wintersteel. Tralin claims to be a problem fixer in areas of supply, security, and information gathering. It says that he can be found at the Black Feather for the next week or that fowarding information will be there.

Tralin then travels to the Black Feather to arrange a room and dinner.

You quickly reach a official who would allow you to do as such. When you enter the Black Feather you notice: a deva in the corner talking to himself, and a tiefling just staring at this dramatically cloaked man.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 11:38 PM
Don kicks a rock and heaves a sigh. He then looks down and sees the token which the guard had pressed in his hand. He heads towards the Inn. He walks in.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 11:44 PM
Don kicks a rock and heaves a sigh. He then looks down and sees the token which the guard had pressed in his hand. He heads towards the Inn. He walks in.

In the inn, you see a deva talking to himself in the corner, and you see a tiefling staring at this dramatically cloaked man.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 11:48 PM
Don walks over and sits at a table near the corner. He tries to listen to what the Deva is saying.

deathpigeon
2010-01-07, 11:52 PM
Don walks over and sits at a table near the corner. He tries to listen to what the Deva is saying.

He seems like he is talking to someone, and someone is talking to hime, but you can't see him or her.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-07, 11:58 PM
Don goes and tries to sit in the chair opposite the Deva's stare.

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 12:00 AM
Don goes and tries to sit in the chair opposite the Deva's stare.

When you sit down, a dragonborn in a black robe appears in a chair next to you.

Ichneumon
2010-01-08, 03:01 AM
Orpheus smiles. To Marina, he says "That would be fine." Orpheus takes one last look back at the rude guard, before fidgeting with the coin he was given. "Hm... I don't suppose you've ever been here? Well, we should find this Black Feather- I'm guessing this is an Inn." Orpheus shoves it in his pocket before making his way off, looking for the Black Feather. "So- you're here to marvel at the city eh? Are you some sort of architect?"

"No, I haven't been here before."

Hearing Orpheus say he thinks Marina is an architect, she laughs and replies:"An architect? No, nothing like that. I'm a devoted follower of the teachings of Erathis, the goddess of civilisation, order and law."

She hessitates, but continues: "The only hope for people to survive and grow, you see, is civilization, without it we die ignorant and small, lost in chaos. My parents were merchants, travelled from city to city. The wilderness is dangerous, unpredictable..."

She sighs.:smallsigh:

"I've always enjoyed cities, buildings, crowds."

The see the wall and Marina goes to one of the dwarves...

The dwarf laughs, "You know, monsters, bandits, invading armies, you know the usual"

They continue talking, Marina and Orpheus, after Marina stopped to talk to the dwarf.

"You see, Orpheus, some races are savage, wild and threaten the future of prosperous cities. This has nothing to do with the cultural "advancement" of a race, the most wildest races such as ogres.... or kuo-toa.... can accept the gift of civilisation and strive towards more of Erathis' protection. Yet, there are always some that don't want that gift...." She points back at the walls. "I've made a vow long ago to protect the gifts of Erathis, and that's why I travelled here."

Meanwhile, while talking, they ask some people for the route to this Black Feather inn. (Streetwise: [roll0], if it's low, I guess Orpheus could/should roll too)

"So, what brings you to this settlenment, Orpheus?"

shadowmage
2010-01-08, 07:39 AM
The dragonborn grins, "I have heard a prophecy, and I need your help."

You have? We would be interested in hearing it. If the Temple has not heard it I am sure they would want to add it to the arcives.

Seeing the human sit down, he does not seemed bothered in the bit. Greetings may Iouns light guide you. Then motions over a wench. Three ales for me and my two companions please.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 08:49 AM
Orpheus pats his side where his sword is. "I'm sort of a tactician," he's not sure how to explain what he does. "It's a long, long story... but at the moment, I'm currently here to take new students... sort of." A hint of pain fills his featureless eyes, and he doesn't say anything more on that.

He tries to gather some information himself [roll0]

"I can't imagine a society that's been thrown into chaos," he says mildly. "As an Eladrin, the only society I've ever known has been very prosperous. A society should have a certain degree of respect for arts and cultures if they wish to survive, and none are richer in those aspects than the Eladrin." It's clear he's very proud of his heritage. In either case, the whole thing is very interesting to Orpheus. "You know, I am somewhat of a teacher myself. I bet I could teach those ogre brutes a thing or two about art." He says, only a hint of braggart in his voice.

Ichneumon
2010-01-08, 09:05 AM
"A teacher? That sounds interesting?"
"Tell me..." She's not sure how to bring this up... "you've lived your entire life with the Eladrin? So you've never seen gnomes before... or halflings?"
She figures that as long as she doesn't say SHE or HE are gnomes, no harm done.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 09:20 AM
"I assure you, it is very interesting. The lessons I teach are far more useful than simple arithmetic."

"Halflings- there was a lesson on them." he says. "Tiny, thieving humans, if I recall correctly." He says quietly. "They said guard your valuables around them, though I still reserve kindness for them, as they have never wronged me. As for these gnomes..." it's a name he's heard mentioned once or twice. "That's just a rude term they use for us Eladrin. Aeramice once called me one, and his mother scrubbed his tongue with the bark from the Spine Bark trees back home."

Ichneumon
2010-01-08, 09:30 AM
"I see. Yeah, that's correct." Marina says nothing else about the subject, feeling a bit uneasy about this whole situation.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 09:38 AM
Orpheus takes a peak at the Marina, scanning for some sort of weapon. "You mentioned earlier you took a vow to protect the gifts of the city." He says with a small smile. "Are you by any chance a warrior?" He asks hopefully.

Ichneumon
2010-01-08, 09:44 AM
Marina notices Orpheus "scanning" her. Innitially this unnerves her, but Marina smiles, when she understand why. "Yes, I am a warrior." She reveals her flail from under her cloak. "Defender of the holy words of Erathis. For years, I've protected small kua-toa villages and settlements against the dangers of the deep."

She adds with a smile: "It seems we have more in common than only our height."

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 09:59 AM
Orpheus nods. "Quite so." He takes in what she says, then he adds. "Kuo-toa? My, you are quite the adventurer too I see." He pats his sword again. "Perhaps when I depart, you wouldn't mind joining whatever rag tag of warriors I can gather. In my experiences, it never hurts to have a warrior of the faith around- and one with your experience should prove mighty helpful."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-08, 10:00 AM
Don jumps when he sees the dragonborn suddenly appear out of nowhere. he looks from the Deva to the Dragonborn and back. He eventually gets over his shock

So that's who he was talking to... Why was the dragonborn trying to hide?

Three ales for me and my two companions please. says the Deva

Well, at least I won't have to order myself...

Don nods his head in gratitude

Ichneumon
2010-01-08, 10:09 AM
"I experienced the kua-toa to be more tolerant and open to the words of civilization than my own people, who I found to be undisciplined and too wild."

She considers his offer for a while. He seems a good kid, (although very much confused in some areas), and adventuring is always a good way to spread the faith and help tame the wild.

"Sure. I'd love to." She laughs. It seems she has found a new ally. Immediately after entering a city, after months of traveling through the wilderness, Erathis smiles upon her once again.

shadowmage
2010-01-08, 10:23 AM
Pardon us our bad manners. We am Mathas. You would be? Looking from the Human to the Dragonborn.

Having gotten some form of answer. Are there others besides him we are waiting on?

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 10:29 AM
(I assume we eventually found this Raven's Feather.)

As soon as he enters, Orpheus does a quick search for anyone who might have useful skills, but then he'll head to the counter. With a small pounce, he'll leap into one of the seats, and offer Marina a hand up, in case she can't make the leap.

Once settled, Orpheus orders his drink. "I'll have a hot cup of tea, with just a small shot of the hard stuff." Turning to Marina, he asks "Would you like anything?"

After ordering, to the barkeeper, he'll start up his inquiry. "So, sir, if I may, have you seen any particularly strong warriors come through here recently?"

Ichneumon
2010-01-08, 10:39 AM
Marina sits down too, accepting Orpheus' help.

"Water would be nice. Thank you."

She decides to remain quiet while Orpheus questions the barkeeper, however she does pay attention to what he says.
Something about this whole "adventuring" and "party searching" stuff reminds her of her old life, with the kua-toa and how she misses her old partner and son. And the journey made her tired.

Zocelot
2010-01-08, 02:05 PM
A young man in black robes greets you at the entrance of the Temple, he directs you to one of the rooms where on call healers work for cheap for those badly wounded or poor. In the room, after hearing your story, the healer heals your wound for free, for some of your meat, to give to the poor of course. After you are finished, he tells you to leave so he can treat the next patient.

As Kvarn leaves, he thanks the priest profusely, and asks "Are there any half-comfortable places to stay in this city? It's my first time in any city, I was raised in the wilderness.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 04:39 PM
With no response immediately forthcoming from the strange tiefling woman, Daigorro gives a look at the new arrivals. As the two gnomes enter the bar, Daigorro smiles, a memory of the mercenaries who raised him flooding back momentarily. When the awkward human walks in, the assassin's gaze follows him to the table with the babbling wizard, where a dragonborn in dark robes suddenly appears. He attempts to see if he can recognize any of the dragonborn's clothing to place him as a member of an organization he can remember.

Possibly Relevant Rolls:
Perception: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]
Religion: [roll2]
History: [roll3]

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 04:45 PM
You have? We would be interested in hearing it. If the Temple has not heard it I am sure they would want to add it to the arcives.

Seeing the human sit down, he does not seemed bothered in the bit. Greetings may Iouns light guide you. Then motions over a wench. Three ales for me and my two companions please.

The dragonborn looks strait into Mathas's eyes and says, "No. The prophecy will not be recorded. One of my prophecies got into someone else's hands before, I don't know how, even without me telling people, and one of my main suspects for who is the person the prophecy speaks of. Their will be no recording in any archive, especially not this one."

He turns to Don, "You can stay, and you won't tell anyone."

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 04:53 PM
(I assume we eventually found this Raven's Feather.)

As soon as he enters, Orpheus does a quick search for anyone who might have useful skills, but then he'll head to the counter. With a small pounce, he'll leap into one of the seats, and offer Marina a hand up, in case she can't make the leap.

Once settled, Orpheus orders his drink. "I'll have a hot cup of tea, with just a small shot of the hard stuff." Turning to Marina, he asks "Would you like anything?"

After ordering, to the barkeeper, he'll start up his inquiry. "So, sir, if I may, have you seen any particularly strong warriors come through here recently?"

The barkeeper smiles at you as you get your drink, "Well, there's this assassin, Daigarro I believe, who does work for the Temple, and there's some others that seem new to this place."

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 04:55 PM
As Kvarn leaves, he thanks the priest profusely, and asks "Are there any half-comfortable places to stay in this city? It's my first time in any city, I was raised in the wilderness.

The priest says, "The only place travelers can stay is called the Black Feather, its strait across from here, do you have any money?"

Mando Knight
2010-01-08, 05:02 PM
Kallista notices that the cloaked man isn't being all that interesting or mysterious outside of being shadowy and wearing a cloak, so she looks back at the deva's table and notices a dragonborn and the mute guy from before. "And here I thought that the guy with a cloak would be a sure-fire man for a job opportunity." She slides out of her chair and over to the deva's table to flank the dragonborn while sizing him up. "So, you've got a mysterious quest to give? Can I join in?"

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 05:08 PM
Kallista notices that the cloaked man isn't being all that interesting or mysterious outside of being shadowy and wearing a cloak, so she looks back at the deva's table and notices a dragonborn and the mute guy from before. "And here I thought that the guy with a cloak would be a sure-fire man for a job opportunity." She slides out of her chair and over to the deva's table to flank the dragonborn while sizing him up. "So, you've got a mysterious quest to give? Can I join in?"

The dragonborn sighs, "Well, this is turning into a fiasco, I must be the worst seer ever. Yes you can stay, if you promise not to tell, ok."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 06:00 PM
Well, she wasn't particularly polite, now was she? thinks Daigorro as the tiefling woman stands up after staring at him without saying a word and slides in at the table in the corner. He shrugs and goes back to eating his meal in peace, the mystery of the goings on at the corner table not concerning him in the slightest.

OOC: deathpidgeon, did my rolls let me recognize anything about the dragonborn's clothing?

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 06:07 PM
Well, she wasn't particularly polite, now was she? thinks Daigorro as the tiefling woman stands up after staring at him without saying a word and goes a rather rudely squeezes up next to the dragonborn at the other table. He shrugs and goes back to eating his meal in peace, the mystery of the goings on at the corner table not concerning him in the slightest.

OOC: deathpidgeon, did my rolls let me recognize anything about the dragonborn's clothing?

OOC: You don't see the dragonborn as I said in the OOC thread, so no, you don't.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 06:14 PM
OOC: You don't see the dragonborn as I said in the OOC thread, so no, you don't.

OOC: Oh, right, my bad. I'll just leave Daigorro to his meal until something interesting happens.

shadowmage
2010-01-08, 06:56 PM
The dragonborn looks strait into Mathas's eyes and says, "No. The prophecy will not be recorded. One of my prophecies got into someone elses hands before, I don't know how, even without me telling people, and one of my main suspects for who is the person the prophecy speaks of. Their will be no recording in any archive, especially not this one."

He turns to Don, "You can stay, and you won't tell anyone."

Fine keeping a secret has never been a problem of ours. As long as the keeping of it does no harm to the Temple.

Kallista sits "And here I thought that the guy with a cloak would be a sure-fire man for a job opportunity." She slides out of her chair and over to the deva's table to flank the dragonborn while sizing him up. "So, you've got a mysterious quest to give? Can I join in?"

Just then the wench arrives with 3 ales. Sliding one in front of Kalista, Mathas and Don. Mathas reaches over and slides one over to the Dragonborn whom the wench can not see. Sorry my good lady that was for him. We will need another for the Lady here. She looks at the empty chair then back at Mathas, then as she starts to turn away. Reaching into his pouch he pulls out a gold. This should over it and leave something for your self also I believe. May Ioun's Light shine on you.

Looking to Kallista Greetings we are Mathas, you are?

Mando Knight
2010-01-08, 07:24 PM
"My name's Kallista." She turns towards their sometimes there, sometimes not companion, and lowers her voice conspiratorially. "Well, you're meeting with a deva in the only tavern in a town full of humans. Not exactly the best place to be handing out secret prophecies unless there's an adventure to be had by those who hear it."

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 07:30 PM
"My name's Kallista." She turns towards their sometimes there, sometimes not companion, and lowers her voice conspiratorially. "Well, you're meeting with a deva in the only tavern in a town full of humans. Not exactly the best place to be handing out secret prophecies unless there's an adventure to be had by those who hear it."

The dragonborn laughed, "Don't make me make you leave, I can do that."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-08, 08:28 PM
Not having a clue of what they are talking about, he stares in bewilderment.

You can stay, and you won't tell anyone.

Thanks for reminding, I can't tell anyone. I'm like everyone's dog, I can't tell your secrets...

He listens on to see if he can tell what the heck they are talking about

Mando Knight
2010-01-08, 08:29 PM
Kallista pouts. "You wouldn't hurt a poor girl who's out of work, would you?"

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 08:37 PM
Not having a clue of what they are talking about, he stares in bewilderment.

You can stay, and you won't tell anyone.

Thanks for reminding, I can't tell anyone. I'm like everyone's dog, I can't tell your secrets...

He listens on to see if he can tell what the heck they are talking about

Don hears, Stop thinking so loud at me, it really hurts my concentration. We are talking about a prophecy, it concerns the deva, the tiefling, and you, Don. Happy now?

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 08:55 PM
Fine keeping a secret has never been a problem of ours. As long as the keeping of it does no harm to the Temple.

The dragonborn smiles, "I wouldn't dream of it, now I think we should move on to the prophecy at hand."

His demeanor changes, he hunches over, lowers his head 45 degrees. His eyes take on a new, sinister look, and his voice drops a couple of octaves, A storm is gathering, slowly, deliberately. At the center of it, in the eye, lies to towns and eight warriors, from the great warrior, to the manipulator of minds. As the dark clouds build, those in the storm cannot enter the eye, for once you have left, it is impossible to find the way back. A judgement from the darkness, and a fight between those who dwell their, scheming, plotting. Events will transpire, events not seen since the time of Khala and the eternal winter. The warriors will be instrumental in the defeat of an old power, and the restoration of balance.

He straitens up and smiles, "I will talk to each of you in private now, while we weight for the final player to show up." For everyone sitting at the table, you see the air around swirl, then, at the table at where I will specify, you see yourself sitting with the dragonborn. To those not sitting at the table, everyone at the table disappears.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 09:30 PM
As the others vanish, Daigorro's eyes widen. Meh, I suppose I've seen weirder, he thinks to himself, turning back to his delicious food. He takes another drink of the thick, invigorating juice and closes his eyes slightly, smiling. Its downright homelike here, he thinks to himself, fingering his little piece of splintered wood, the gateway to what is left of his shattered soul.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 10:45 PM
Orpheus seeks out this Daigorro. Perhaps he could join up with Orpheus and fight alongside him. But more importantly, Orpheus sought out a student- yet finding a perfect candidate would be tough.

(OOC- I know you're on the other team, but an introduction wouldn't hurt anyone.)

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 10:48 PM
Orpheus seeks out this Daigorro. Perhaps he could join up with Orpheus and fight alongside him. But more importantly, Orpheus sought out a student- yet finding a perfect candidate would be tough.

(OOC- I know you're on the other team, but an introduction wouldn't hurt anyone.)

OOC: He's just sitting across the room from you :smalltongue:. Its not a really hard "seeking" to perform.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 10:52 PM
Orpheus will boldly sit at the table with the stranger. "The word around is you're Daigorro, a skilled and deadly warrior." Announces the little man. "Though I'm sure you already knew that, right?" He adds with a smile.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 10:58 PM
Orpheus will boldly sit at the table with the stranger. "The word around is you're Daigorro, a skilled and deadly warrior." Announces the little man. "Though I'm sure you already knew that, right?" He adds with a smile.

I am indeed known as Daigorro. I am a former member of the Kelan mercenary company, and currently I serve the Dark Lady in her crusade against necromancy. How can I help you, my fey friend? As Daigorro introduces himself, he remembers his manners - Duke, the gnome mercenary who taught him how to pick a lock, had been very sensitive about his height issues, and so none of the other Kelans ever brought it up. He assumes it is the same for all gnomes.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 11:04 PM
"Well, I'm gonna be in town for a short while, and I felt I should introduce myself- My name is Orpheus Obsidian, and I'm a master tactician and skilled warrior." He grins. "And, as it so happens, I'm accepting applicants into my band of warriors."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 11:07 PM
"Well, I'm gonna be in town for a short while, and I felt I should introduce myself- My name is Orpheus Obsidian, and I'm a master tactician and skilled warrior." He grins. "And, as it so happens, I'm accepting applicants into my band of warriors."

Well met, Master Obsidian. I must regretfully inform you that, for reasons that are my own, I prefer to work alone. As he says this, he glances down momentarily to the piece of shattered wood he holds in his right hand. Though I would certainly like to hear of your travels. What brings you here all the way from the Feywild?

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 11:16 PM
"Actually, I do not reside in the wild myself," he states. "My village, the great Village of Re'Tarin, lies on the edge of the worlds." If you know much of the Fey Wild and Eladrin Villages, you'd recognize that as such- otherwise, it's just a name to you. "I'm actually on a trip of Self Mastery, as it is. My city is great, but I just didn't feel that I could realize my true power stuck there."

Zocelot
2010-01-08, 11:24 PM
The priest says, "The only place travelers can stay is called the Black Feather, its strait across from here, do you have any money?"

Kvarn thanks the priest for the tip, and leaves the temple. He crosses the plaza until At the Black Feather, he shoves the door open hard enough that it hits the wall with a bang and makes the more easily startled patrons jump. Kvarn ignores the other patrons and heads over to the bartender.

So, I hear that for a few measly coins, I can get a meal and a room for the night. That sounds like a fantastic offer to me. Don't worry, I won't damage anything. Also, is there anywhere that I could wash myself? I know I'm dirty and I stink, and I wouldn't want to drive off your other customers. Bahahaha!

After getting his meal, Kvarn walks over to Orpheus and Daigorro and rudely interups them.

Hey, how are you? I'm Kvarn! Isn't this place just fantastic! I swear, I've never been this comfortable!

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 11:34 PM
Kvarn thanks the priest for the tip, and leaves the temple. He crosses the plaza until At the Black Feather, he shoves the door open hard enough that it hits the wall with a bang and makes the more easily startled patrons jump. Kvarn ignores the other patrons and heads over to the bartender.

So, I hear that for a few measly coins, I can get a meal and a room for the night. That sounds like a fantastic offer to me. Don't worry, I won't damage anything. Also, is there anywhere that I could wash myself? I know I'm dirty and I stink, and I wouldn't want to drive off your other customers. Bahahaha!

After getting his meal, Kvarn walks over to Orpheus and Daigorro and rudely interups them.

Hey, how are you? I'm Kvarn! Isn't this place just fantastic! I swear, I've never been this comfortable!

The barkeep blathers a bit, then gets you food and has a room prepared for you.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-08, 11:40 PM
"Actually, I do not reside in the wild myself," he states. "My village, the great Village of Re'Tarin, lies on the edge of the worlds." If you know much of the Fey Wild and Eladrin Villages, you'd recognize that as such- otherwise, it's just a name to you. "I'm actually on a trip of Self Mastery, as it is. My city is great, but I just didn't feel that I could realize my true power stuck there."

I have never called a city my home. I suppose Wintersteel is the closest thing I have to a permanent residence. I prefer to keep my mind busy, however. Somehow, there's always a necromancer to kill, a zombie to cleave in twain or a unrested spirit to forcefully put to rest. Which, I suppose, is good for business... he sort of trails off, as if lost in thought.

Daigorro shakes his head. Is it just me, or did Wintersteel get significantly crazier in the month I was gone? Lack of communication in the Church, babbling devas conversing with mutes, gawking tiefling women, mysteriously disappearing bar patrons, gnome warriors from the Feywild and now this brutish fellow... thinks Daigorro. He turns to the rude Half-Orc, giving a sidelong glance to his almost finished meal. He had been so close to finishing that, and now it was going to get cold...

Hello, Kvarn. I am Daigorro Kelan, Hunter of the Dark Lady. I assume from your regalia that you are a warrior? responds the assassin politely. His long, dramatic cloak conceals the weapons he bears, so he appears unarmed except for the wooden chopsticks in his left hand and the splintered chunk of wood in his right hand.

deathpigeon
2010-01-08, 11:46 PM
Near Daigorro, the deva and the mute appear on separate tables.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-08, 11:47 PM
Orpheus turns to Kvarn. "Hello sir- I am Orpheus Obsidian, master tactician." He's not sure what to say. Then he notes the style of his garb. He's unrefined- a perfect project for a world class maestro of the blade.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-09, 12:03 AM
Near Daigorro, the deva and the mute appear on separate tables.

Perhaps that deva knows what's going on around here. He does bear the symbols of Ioun... Daigorro, with that thought, swallows the last few mouthfuls of his meal. Excuse me a moment, good sirs, he says to the gnome and the half-orc and with that, he vanishes in a cloud of crawling shadows. He reappears across the table from the Deva, the shadows coalescing into the form of the assassin. (Crunch-wise, he used Shadow Leap, an at-will power that lets him teleport from a square next to a creature to a square next to another creature within 3 squares). I could not help but notice your little vanishing act, your Honour, says Daigorro, assuming the Deva is a priest by his robes and prominent Iounian symbols. May I ask what in the Nine Hells is going on around here?

Jesse Drake
2010-01-09, 12:08 AM
"Ha! What a warrior." Orpheus says to Kvarn. "Man, he'd be something to have on your side."

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 12:39 AM
The tiefling appears in a table next to the deva's table with the dragonborn, who says, "Well then, I must be off to attend a meeting for all us Raven Queen initiates. Have fun warriors." He gets up and begins to leave.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-09, 12:54 AM
Don heads over to where the deva, the tiefling, and the assasin are standing. Thinking a little bit, he looks around for a chess set.

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 12:55 AM
Don heads over to where the deva, the tiefling, and the assasin are standing. Thinking a little bit, he looks around for a chess set.

You see no chess set.

Ichneumon
2010-01-09, 01:57 AM
Marina walks with Orpheus to the assassin. "Greetings, Daigorro, it's nice to meet you. I'm Marina Dragonfly, faithful pawn of Erathis."

When Daigorro says he rather works on his own, Marina smiles and says: "I too rather worked alone once, but you can't face everything alone. Numbers, allies, are all quite useful. Wouldn't you say?"

GamerJacob
2010-01-09, 08:10 AM
Tralin does an Arcana study of the room to make sure that the Teleports are stable and thus intended magics. If they are wild or poorly controlled magics, please let me know. Otherwise he seems content to stay in the common room for listening to the busy of conversation around the room.

shadowmage
2010-01-09, 10:42 AM
I could not help but notice your little vanishing act, your Honour, says Daigorro, assuming the Deva is a priest by his robes and prominent Iounian symbols. May I ask what in the Nine Hells is going on around here?

We are not sure our self. He stares through the man as if reading his soul. Touching the symbol of Ioun he gets the sense of a connection but that he will not be one of the ones he needs. I am sorry we can not help you, but I do think the others may need your help. Now if you pardon us.

With his hand still resting on the symbol he looks around the room. Seeing three road weary travelers over by the bar and sensing a strong approval and a resonance with his secret. He gets up and approaches the 2 Gnomes and Half-Orc. Taking note of the arms and Armour worn by the three.

Greetings. Your three would not happen to be a band of adventures seeking employment world you not?

Ichneumon
2010-01-09, 10:46 AM
Greetings. Your three would not happen to be a band of adventures seeking employment world you not?

Marina turns her head and laughs, "Actually, we are."

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 11:41 AM
Tralin does an Arcana study of the room to make sure that the Teleports are stable and thus intended magics. If they are wild or poorly controlled magics, please let me know. Otherwise he seems content to stay in the common room for listening to the busy of conversation around the room.

Arcana check: [roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 11:44 AM
It seems not to be a teleport at all, but merely a cleverly crafted illusion combined with a charm.

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 12:08 PM
The doors to the inn open, and two vicious hyenas walk in, followed by four humans in leather armor carrying a mace each. Their leader says, "Well, well, well. What do we have here, a bunch of defenseless people, with money for the taking."

OOC: Everyone roll for initiative.

Ichneumon
2010-01-09, 12:16 PM
I give you one chance to change your mind. Turn around now, or you'll regret it!

Initiative: [roll0]

(Are the hyana's anthropomorphic? Either way, I roll a Nature check, to see if I know of what race they are: [roll1], oh and an arcana check, in case that'd be the right knowledge skill to roll: [roll2])

Ichneumon
2010-01-09, 12:23 PM
(Oh, now I realise, that should have been an intimidate check too, with what I said and all: [roll0])

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 12:28 PM
The bandits laugh at your threat. The hyenas are regular hyenas.

Bandit initiative-
BL- [roll0]
B1- [roll1]
B2- [roll2]
B3- [roll3]
H1- [roll4]
H2- [roll5]

Mando Knight
2010-01-09, 12:28 PM
Kallista whirls around, grinning devilishly as she grips her oversized spear. "What kind of idiots are you? We're hardly defenseless, and by my count... you're outnumbered."

[roll0]

GreenMuffin
2010-01-09, 12:36 PM
Don whips around. His eyes flash and a spark of arcane magic fizzles from his fingers.

GamerJacob
2010-01-09, 01:01 PM
Tralin's roll - [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-09, 01:12 PM
You are making a grave mistake, says Daigorro, whipping out his weapon. Leave now, and you will leave with your lives, a resource much more precious than whatever treasure you may find in this inn. Otherwise, make peace with your gods, for you will not live much longer!

Intimidate: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1] +2 from Orpheus, so 8 total.

OOC: How close are they? Its important for me to know, since it will be the difference between drawing longsword + buckler or crossbow.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-09, 02:00 PM
Agreeing with Marina, Orpheus laughs. "Why, yes, we could use an extra hand."

Then, back to the mission at hand, he stares around. [roll0], and remember y'all, ya get a bonus to your initiative of 2.

GamerJacob
2010-01-09, 02:17 PM
Then mark me at 14 for Initiative if ya think the quiet one is a friendly.

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 07:22 PM
One of the bandits moves out in front of Kvarn (D7), then pulls a dagger from his hip and throws it at Kvarn.

To hit- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 07:23 PM
Don's turn

GreenMuffin
2010-01-09, 07:32 PM
Don clenches his hand into a fist. He slowly begins to open it. In the palm of his hand a green ball of energy. It suddenly speeds off of his hand and shoots straight for the Leader Bandit.

Magic missile
Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 07:38 PM
Don clenches his hand into a fist. He slowly begins to open it. In the palm of his hand a green ball of energy. It suddenly speeds off of his hand and shoots straight for the Leader Bandit.

The bolt flies over the Bandit leaders head and he laughs at you.

Mathas's Turn

shadowmage
2010-01-09, 07:45 PM
*Arcane chant* Come forth Limra! Answer our call! A Line appears between the Bandit leader and one of the hyenas, that spreads into a doorway. A soldier wreathed in flame with an axe of flame steps out and takes a swing at the bandit leader.

Minor action: Daily Summons Fire Warrior. w/ Tome ability Standard Action melee 1: 1 creature Int vs ref 1d8+4(int)+2(con) Opportunity attacks same.
Standard action: Command to attack:
To-hit 1d20+4
Damage roll1d8+6
Just so I know for future ref would you like this posted here in IC or OCC?

Zocelot
2010-01-09, 10:47 PM
"Ha! What a warrior." Orpheus says to Kvarn. "Man, he'd be something to have on your side."

He certainly would, though I imagine it would be quite something else to have him at your back. Hahahaha! But, you know, I'm no slouch myself. Why, I reckon that I'm stronger than any man in this room. But, you say you're a tactician eh Orpheus? I suppose you've done some mighty heroic stuff in your day.

At which point he is interupted by Mathas.

With his hand still resting on the symbol he looks around the room. Seeing three road weary travelers over by the bar and sensing a strong approval and a resonance with his secret. He gets up and approaches the 2 Gnomes and Half-Orc. Taking note of the arms and Armour worn by the three.

I'm open to employment if it lets me keep us this kind of a lifestyle. Orpheus here seems like a good fellow to work beside too. He's a tactician, he told me. And why not the other gnome as well? I bet he's a fine fellow.

And Kvarn is interrupted again by the disturbance.

The doors to the inn open, and two vicious hyenas walk in, followed by four humans in leather armor carrying a mace each. Their leader says, "Well, well, well. What do we have here, a bunch of defenseless people, with money for the taking."

OOC: Everyone roll for initiative.

I suppose this is the price I have to pay for these comforts? Well, a chance to be heroic and save the day is hardly a price, so much as an added bonus!

He picks up his sword and shield and readies himself to fight his foes. He doesn't have time to put on his armor, and so is fighting at a -4 AC penalty.

One of the bandits moves out in front of Kvarn (D7), then pulls a dagger from his hip and throws it at Kvarn.

To hit- [roll0]
Damage- [roll1]

Kvarn looks around and sees all the patrons to his left pull out weapons. He doesn't notice Tralin as he is too busy focusing on the Bandits. As he looks around, a dagger flies by his head, redirecting his attention back to the bandits?

Hahaha! Helpless indeed!

In a mocking tone:
Aaaaah! I don't know what to do. Somebody, please save me. Aieeeeee!

Back to serious tone: You're outnumbered, and judging by your severe lack of aim outmatched. I'll gladly cut you all down, but if you beg for your life I'll spare you. A hero has to show mercy, after all.

Mando Knight
2010-01-09, 10:55 PM
Kallista reaches over and stabs at the first bandit as he closes in, which if successful should embolden Kvarn even further...
Energizing Strike on B1. Yes, she can reach that.
[roll0]
[roll1]
On hit, Kvarn gains 4 temp HP.

deathpigeon
2010-01-09, 11:46 PM
The fire warrior swings at the bandit's leader, missing him, as Kallista's jab goes wide.

Mariana's Turn

Ichneumon
2010-01-10, 02:27 AM
Marina runs more near to the enemies. (moves to A8)
She grabs her flail and focusses on one of the bandits (B1)
This isn't just criminal, fighting against civilisat. THIS IS MADNESS!
She uses "Shared Madness" on the bandet.

[roll0] vs Will
Damage: [roll1]
and a second creature I can see takes damage, I choose the bandit leader.

GamerJacob
2010-01-10, 08:06 AM
As Tralin draws his Longsword he says, "Get to the back of the room, I will cover you.” Tralin will gently push the Civs in G8 & G6 towards the back.

He ends his move @ F6.

Tralin looks to the Bandit across the table and says "You will harm no one while I am here.” Minor Action Aegis of Shielding on B1.

deathpigeon
2010-01-10, 12:04 PM
The Bandit Leader's Turn

The Bandits' Leader moves over to Kallista, then he twirls his mace swinging it at you as he slides to one side, "Ha! We will crush you like bugs!"

To hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] and Kallista is dazed (you grant combat advantage, you can only make one action, standard, move, or minor, each turn, you can't take immediate actions or opportunity actions, you can't flank) until the end of the Bandit Leader's next turn.
Ending square: B7

deathpigeon
2010-01-10, 12:47 PM
Bandit Two's Turn

One of the Bandits charges Tralin.

Ending square: F5

deathpigeon
2010-01-10, 12:48 PM
Kvarn's Turn

Zocelot
2010-01-10, 07:34 PM
Kvarn looks at the bandit leader and the cohort beside him and says

"Why don't you back away from the weakling, and fight me, a real warrior.?!?! GRAAAAAH!!!

Kvarn charges into battle (not literally) by moving to D8, moving to C7 which provokes and AoO from B1 (if the table completely fills the square and so disallows diagonal movement, I'll jump over the table to the same effect) and attempting the stab B1 as he reaches his destination.

Passing Attack

[roll0] vs. AC

On a hit:

[roll1] damage, shift to B6 and make a secondary attack against BL.

On a hit or a miss: B1 is marked

Secondary Attack

Kvarn doesn't stop moving just because he stabbed a bandit. He moves a bit more to reach a highly advantageous position and attacks the bandit leader.

[roll2] vs. AC

On a hit: [roll3]

On a hit or a miss: BL is marked

If the first attack is a miss, Kvarn ends his turn in C7.

OOC: Could you please tell us if our attacks are hits or misses?

Zocelot
2010-01-10, 07:43 PM
Kvarn is angry at these villainous bandits, but hates the leader with a passion. He will call upon his reserves of strength to strengthen his blow against him.

Furious Assault

The attack against the Bandit leader deals extra damage.

[roll0] extra damage

deathpigeon
2010-01-11, 08:40 AM
With his mighty swings, Kvarn hits both the bandits, first spilling the leaders blood. As you pass him, one of the bandits attacks you.

deathpigeon
2010-01-11, 10:44 PM
Bandit Three's Turn

The last bandit charges Kvarn with a yell.

Ending square: D6
Opportunity: Fire Warrior

deathpigeon
2010-01-11, 11:06 PM
Hyena One's Turn

The right-most hyena runs up to Kvarn and leaps at him with a ferocious bite, distracting him from others.

Effect: Kvarn grants all enemies combat advantage
Ending square: B6

Zocelot
2010-01-12, 01:24 PM
On a hit:

damage, shift to B6 and make a secondary attack against BL.

If the first attack is a miss, Kvarn ends his turn in C7.

I assume that the first attack was a hit (28 hits most stuff at first level), so I should be in B6, not C7. This would also mean moving B3 and H1 a bit, but I hope that isn't a problem. If it's a big problem, I'll stay, but I'd much prefer being where I specified. Sorry if that got lost in the long post.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-12, 05:21 PM
((Assuming it is now Daigorro's turn))

You've made your choice... your blood will whet my blade now, and your souls shall pass into the arms of the Dark Lady.

Free Action: Place Assassin's Shroud on B2
Minor Action: Draw Longsword (two-handed grip)
Move Action: Move to G6
Standard Action: Shadow Storm

The shadows of Daigorro and Tralin are sucked up into the assassin's sword, imbuing it with dark power. The twist in the bandit's soul cause by Daigorro's magic unravels when the shadowy blade makes contact, wrenching him with pain. May you rest in peace! After the mighty blow, the shadows of the two humans leap back into their customary places, unchanged.

Hit: [roll1] + [roll2] from shroud. End turn.

deathpigeon
2010-01-12, 05:25 PM
Orpheus's Turn

Jesse Drake
2010-01-13, 09:27 AM
Orpheus dashes five squares straight ahead, to C-8. He sees his foe, and yells out "Kvarn, you are doing well- now hit that fool quickly-" as a minor action healing him up a surge plus [roll0], and having him hit the guy on B-7. He adds 4 to the damage dealt.[roll1][roll2]

Zocelot
2010-01-13, 04:48 PM
Kvarn has nearly had his arm sliced off, and a wild beast tore a big chunk out of him, making him woozy. However, as Orpheus calls to him, he thinks to himself "A hero can't be killed by a few bandits and their pets. I need to fight on, or I'll never be famous." He stands up again, inspired and when Orpheus points out an opportunity to strike, he gladly takes it.

[roll0] vs AC

Damage

[roll1]

Zocelot
2010-01-13, 05:42 PM
Forgot to add the bonus 4 damage. I guess it's actually 11 damage.

deathpigeon
2010-01-13, 10:25 PM
Orpheus shows Kvarn the prime attack, and he makes a mighty attack, but the bandit raises his club and blocks it, "It'll take more than that to hit me!"

deathpigeon
2010-01-13, 10:31 PM
Hyena Two's Turn

The final hyena runs toward Daigorro, expertly skirting the table, and leaps at him to attack with a growl!

Effect: Daigorro grants all enemies combat advantage
Ending square: H6
Grants opportunity attack to: Fire Warrior

shadowmage
2010-01-14, 09:28 AM
As the Hyena takes off the Fire warrior swings the Axe at the momentary opening it sees. To-hit [roll0] Damage roll[roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-14, 04:30 PM
Round Two

All the civilians flee towards the back of the inn in terror, still others attempt to leave through windows, meanwhile, the fight continues.

Bandit One's Turn

The bandit feels the magic pulling him from Tralin's allies, and, choosing to get rid of a threat, moves over to Tralin. With an impressive twirl, he attacks Tralin.

Damage: [roll1] and Tralin is dazed (you grant combat advantage, you can only make one action, standard, move, or minor, each turn, you can't take immediate actions or opportunity actions, you can't flank) until the end of Bandit One's next turn.
Ending square: F7
Grants opportunity attack to: Orpheus

Jesse Drake
2010-01-14, 04:37 PM
Orpheus smiles. As a master tactician, he knows when it's the right time to strike- and hoping he hasn't missed his window, he lunges forward and makes the strike. [roll0][roll1] :smallfrown:

deathpigeon
2010-01-14, 04:50 PM
Orpheus smiles. As a master tactician, he knows when it's the right time to strike- and hoping he hasn't missed his window, he lunges forward and makes the strike. [roll0][roll1] :smallfrown:

Orpheus lunges forward, but just a moment to late, his strike goes right by the bandit.

Don Hok's Turn

GreenMuffin
2010-01-14, 06:59 PM
Don sees the clump of bandits attacking Kvarn. Quickly, with big arm motions he motions to Kvarn to step back.

I'd like to ready an action

when Kvarn is finished with what he needs to do and moves, I will use Scatterspray. The center of the burst will be at C6.
hit: [roll0]

GreenMuffin
2010-01-14, 11:00 PM
Hit rolls for the other two, the first was bandit 3

bandit leader: [roll0]
Hyena 1: [roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-14, 11:15 PM
Don Hok readies his attack, awaiting Kvarn's signal.

Mathas's Turn

shadowmage
2010-01-15, 08:13 AM
With a mental command Mathas sends the Fire Warrior up behind bandit 2(F4) offering a distraction for Tralin. Pulling back the axe he swings.
Standard action: Command to attack:
To-hit [roll0]
Damage roll[roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 08:20 AM
The Warrior of Fire rushes to the bandit and swings his axe, sinking it into the bandits flesh, the bandit yells out in pain.

Kallista's Turn

Mando Knight
2010-01-15, 01:10 PM
Kallista's head rings from the bandit leader's blow, but she stands her ground and tries to strike back while urging caution to her zealous half-orc ally.

Psionic Shield on Bandit Leader, no augmentation.
[roll0]
[roll1]
On hit, Kvarn also gains a +1 power bonus to all defenses until the end of Kallista's next turn.

Ichneumon
2010-01-15, 03:17 PM
"You're going down, bandit leader. You will die by my flail!"
Minor Action: Oath of Enmity on Bandit Leader.
Standard Action: Bond of Retribution Wisdom vs AC.
[roll0] If hits: [roll1] and the first time an enemy other than the BL hits me, the BL takes 3 damage.

GamerJacob
2010-01-15, 03:26 PM
Tralin say, “You will accomplish nothing here. Flee while you still can.”
Minor Action: Aegis of Shielding – Hyena 2

Standard Action: Sword of Sigils
Target: Each Enemy in Close burst 1
-Bandit 1 [roll0] (Vs AC) (+2 Included from Retributive Shield Feat)
-Bandit 2 [roll1] (Vs AC) (+2 Included from Flanking)
[roll2]
Effect (On hit only): Targets are Marked until the end of Tralin's Next turn. If they make an attack which does not include Tralin, they take 4 (Int Mod) Force damage. In addition, reduce the damage of that attack to any single create by 2 (Con Mod).

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 05:07 PM
Kallista's attack strikes true, and the bandits' leader seems to nearly be out, just a couple more hits, and he'll be done. Meanwhile, Mariana doesn't share Kallista's luck, her attack going wide. On the other side of the field, Tralin's attack misses the first bandit, but hits the second one.

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 05:11 PM
Bandit Leader's Turn

The bandit leader stumbles back toward the door, lowering his defense for a moment as he goes toward the civilian, to attack.

Opportunity attacks: Orpheus, Mariana, Kvarn and Kallista

Zocelot
2010-01-15, 10:31 PM
My attack:

[roll0]

[roll1] damage

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 10:40 PM
My attack:

[roll0]

[roll1] damage

Kvarn swings as the bandit leader passes, felling him.

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 10:41 PM
Bandit Two's Turn

The wounded bandit drops his mace, "I surrender."

Kvarn's Turn

GamerJacob
2010-01-15, 10:46 PM
Tralin turns to the other Bandit to say, “Your leader is dead and your friends are surrendering. Are you going to call off your animals or will we have to put them and you down?”

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 10:49 PM
They laugh, one says, "We aren't like that coward, we won't give up so easily."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-15, 10:58 PM
They laugh, one says, "We aren't like that coward, we won't give up so easily."

You may forfeit the battle or forfeit your lives. Choose wisely. You do not get a do-over.

deathpigeon
2010-01-15, 11:22 PM
You may forfeit the battle or forfeit your lives. Choose wisely. You do not get a do-over.

They merely laugh.

Zocelot
2010-01-15, 11:28 PM
Shift to C6, use Tide of Iron to attack B3 and push him into B7.

[roll0]

[roll1] damage, push bandit to B7 and shift into C6.

Regardless of a hit or miss, I will mark it

If that is successful, I will use an AP and use Tempest Dance. If the attack fails, I end my turn.

Kvarn weaves through the fray lashing out at everyone, striking the surprised bandits as they are most vulnerable.

I get three attacks:

Against B3: [roll2]
[roll3]

Against H1: [roll4]
[roll5]

Against B1: [roll6]
[roll7]

B3, H1 and B1 are marked, the mark on BL would wear off if he was alive.

I then end my turn in E8.

deathpigeon
2010-01-16, 12:34 AM
You brutally attack almost all of the remaining enemies, hitting each of them with deadly precision. Bandit 2 seems like he is about to go.

deathpigeon
2010-01-16, 12:58 AM
Hyena 1's Turn

Hyena one viscously attacks Orpheus.

Effect: Orpheus grants all enemies combat advantage

deathpigeon
2010-01-16, 12:59 AM
CRITICAL HIT!!!! 9 damage.

Zocelot
2010-01-16, 09:46 PM
I then end my turn in E8.

I hate to be constantly complaining about where I am, but I'd appreciate it if I was placed in the square I specified.

deathpigeon
2010-01-16, 10:02 PM
Daigorro's Turn

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-16, 10:37 PM
Free Action: Place Assassin's Shroud on Bandit 1
Minor Action: Draw Light Shield
Move Action: Shadow Leap to F8, flanking bonus on B1 achieved. Night Stalker bonus on B1 achieved.
Standard Action: Gloom Thief, Level 1 Encounter Power

Attack Roll: [roll0] vs. AC
On a Hit: [roll1] + [roll2] Shroud Damage, and I become invisible until the end of my next turn while within 2 squares of him (or his corpse...).

I have found an error in your calculations, says Daigorro, twisting the bandit's soul as he draws his shield. He vanishes in a burst of shadows, which rearrange themselves behind the bandit into the form of the assassin. My blade in your spine, states the assassin nonchalantly, his sword leaping for the bandit's back. If the weapon connects, Daigorro vanishes without a trace.

Zocelot
2010-01-17, 09:32 PM
Orpheus' Turn

I figured that we needed a bump. Is it ok if I mini-DM like this? It won't be very often.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-17, 09:48 PM
The hyena that struck him is in for a world of pain. He swings his sword down, yelling for Kvarn to follow his lead. [roll0] for [roll1]. Kvarn, make an attack at a +4 bonus to attack and damage.

Cr-Cr-Cr-Critical Hit! That deals 15 damage!

Then spending my move action to shift diagonal up and right.

Zocelot
2010-01-17, 10:01 PM
Attack : [roll0]

Edit: Wait, I'm not adjacent. I'm the dark K, not the light one.

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 10:14 PM
You manage to fell all the bandits that continued to fight, and the remaining bandit calls off the hyenas. The bartender aproaches you, with the rest of the people at the bar and thanks you for saving them.

100 XP Each

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-17, 10:46 PM
Such a needless waste of life... did they not realize how precious a resource they were gambling? mutters Daigorro, as he walks to each of the three dead bandits and closes their unseeing eyes. His moment of compassion over, he whirls on the remaining bandit, his cloak spinning out behind him. Why did you come here? You should answer our questions truthfully, because you are treading on the thinnest of ice, he demands sternly.

((OOC: As an aside, what sort of non-magical weapons were they packing? Daigorro is a weapon master, and is always interested in acquiring weapons that fill a function he has not yet mastered. And reach weapons or high-dice two-handed weapons would be a great addition to his budding arsenal, especially any heavy blades.))

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 10:48 PM
Such a needless waste of life... did they not realize how precious a resource they were gambling? mutters Daigorron, and he walks to each of the three dead bandits and closes their unseeing eyes. His moment of compassion over, he whirls on the remaining bandit, his cloak spinning out behind him. Why did you come here? You should answer our questions truthfully, because you are treading on the thinnest of ice, he demands sternly.

The bandit sighs, "I wasn't going to lie. We came here to steal people's stuff while the guards were busy with some sort of meeting."

Zocelot
2010-01-17, 10:50 PM
Kvarn wipes blood off of his face, but there is still some in his hair and all over his clothes. He walks over to the bartender, leaving the bandits to the others, and says:

"Remember that bath I asked you about before? Well I'm really going to need it now if that's possible. Still, that fight felt good; I was at my best and just sliced up those bandits. I'm barely even hurt. I could get used to this kind of a life."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-17, 10:51 PM
The bandit sighs, "I wasn't going to lie. We came here to steal people's stuff while the guards were busy with some sort of meeting."

Then, unless my allies object, you will be remitted to their custody with your dogs when their meeting is done. You can explain to them how you knew in advance of their meeting, and any other details you might have pertaining to the safety of Winterhaven.

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 10:52 PM
Kvarn wipes blood off of his face, but there is still some in his hair and all over his clothes. He walks over to the bartender and says

"Remember that bath I asked you about before? Well I'm really going to need it now if that's possible. Still, that fight felt good; I was at my best and just sliced up those bandits. I'm barely even hurt. I could get used to this kind of a life."

The barkeep says "Sure, you can have the bath and room for free, all of you can get everything free here today!"

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 10:55 PM
Then, unless my allies object, you will be remitted to their custody with your dogs when their meeting is done. You can explain to them how you knew in advance of their meeting, and any other details you might have pertaining to the safety of Winterhaven.

The bandit nods and says, "OK."

GamerJacob
2010-01-17, 11:12 PM
The bandit nods and says, "OK."

"Actually, I'd like to hear that story now." Laos puts away his weapon, but marks the bandit. As the bandit reacts to the magic settling over him, "So you don't try anything."

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 11:16 PM
"Actually, I'd like to hear that story now." Laos puts away his weapon, but marks the bandit. As the bandit reacts to the magic settling over him, "So you don't try anything."

He seems nervous, "Well... Can you promise me my safety?"

GreenMuffin
2010-01-17, 11:25 PM
Don heads over to the bartender and nabs the keys to the room. He begins to walk up the stairs, but then sees the still full beer glass that he never got a chance to drink. He walks back down the stairs and slowly sits himself down. For his entertainment, his body begins to protrude fur like a wolf, while his legs become blue and scaly and his toes webbed. He sets the keys down on the table, and they stand up and begin to do a little tap dance. He then leans back in his chair and does some serious drinking.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-17, 11:33 PM
Orpheus stiffens his cape up and turns around. He'll wait for things to die down before he acts at all.

GamerJacob
2010-01-17, 11:33 PM
He seems nervous, "Well... Can you promise me my safety?"

Laos appears to think it over. "Nope, I have no idea who I'm protecting you from. Is the person you plan to reveal powerful or well liked?"

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 11:34 PM
Laos appears to think it over. "Nope, I have no idea who I'm protecting you from. Is the person you plan to reveal powerful or well liked?"

"Then I'm not speaking to you."

GamerJacob
2010-01-17, 11:43 PM
"Then I'm not speaking to you."

Laos chuckles, "Don't be foolish. I am trying to learn what I can about your source while still leaving you cards to get our protection. If you want to find someone who will say they can protect you from some unknown source then you would be the poorer for it. Such people can't protect anyone without using brute force and they will not always be around to help you.

The only way you will be safe is if the individual is taken away from power. Give us an idea of the scope of that power and we may agree. Save the details until we have a general feel for it."

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 11:45 PM
Laos chuckles, "Don't be foolish. I am trying to learn what I can about your source while still leaving you cards to get our protection. If you want to find someone who will say they can protect you from some unknown source then you would be the poorer for it. Such people can't protect anyone without using brute force and they will not always be around to help you.

The only way you will be safe is if the individual is taken away from power. Give us an idea of the scope of that power and we may agree. Save the details until we have a general feel for it."

He laughs, "You can't beat him, no one can, my best chance is for temporary protection until I can find a way to escape."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-17, 11:53 PM
He laughs, "You can't beat him, no one can, my best chance is for temporary protection until I can find a way to escape."

Don gulps down the rest of his drink. His body becomes red and scaled and he grows a tail. He snatches the tap-dancing keys, which immediately stop. He walks over to the bandit and looks into his eyes

insight: [roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 11:56 PM
Don gulps down the rest of his drink. His body becomes red and scaled and he grows a tail. He snatches the tap-dancing keys, which immediately stop. He walks over to the bandit and looks into his eyes

insight: [roll0]

You can tell the bandit is genuinely terrified.

GamerJacob
2010-01-17, 11:58 PM
Laos calls over to the barkeep, "Is hanging or hard labor in a work crew the punishment for murderers and thieves? Seeing as they don't have much in the way of guards, I'm guessing the former."

Laos then pauses and considers that this inn may not be the only place attacked. He moves over to the door and watches the street for signs of active looting.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:01 AM
Laos calls over to the barkeep, "Is hanging or hard labor in a work crew the punishment for murderers and thieves? Seeing as they don't have much in the way of guards, I'm guessing the former."

Laos then pauses and considers that this inn may not be the only place attacked. He moves over to the door and watches the street for signs of active looting.

"Do your worst. You have nothing on him."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 12:01 AM
You can tell the bandit is genuinely terrified.

Don thinks but of who?... us or this other mysterious person?... Hmmm...

He whips out his dagger and holds it to the bandits neck, to see if he can tell. It also may serve as a persuasion technique.

intimidate: [roll0]

I don't have to make another insight roll... do I?

ouch... fail

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:02 AM
Don thinks but of who?... us or this other mysterious person?... Hmmm...

He whips out his dagger and holds it to the bandits neck, to see if he can tell. It also may serve as a persuasion technique.

intimidate: [roll0]

I don't have to make another insight roll... do I?

ouch... fail

"Fine. Kill me, you'll just be helping him."

Mando Knight
2010-01-18, 12:07 AM
Kallista slinks over to the bandit, resting the butt of her spear on the ground and idly wrapping her tail around it. "Unbeatable, huh? Then why does he employ small-time thieves like you instead of taking out the tavern himself?"

GamerJacob
2010-01-18, 12:09 AM
"Fine. Kill me, you'll just be helping him."

"Yeah, thats a load of crap. You haven't done anything useful. Bartender what is the appropriate justice?"

Laos continues to watch the street.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:10 AM
Kallista slinks over to the bandit, resting the butt of her spear on the ground and idly wrapping her tail around it. "Unbeatable, huh? Then why does he employ small-time thieves like you instead of taking out the tavern himself?"

He laughs, "We aren't the only ones who work for hi... I said to much."

Mando Knight
2010-01-18, 12:17 AM
Kallista sits down. "No, I don't think you did. If he's gonna kill you anyway, then why would you worry about how much you help people who want to try fighting him? We won't be able to help you get away from him if you can't help us."

[roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-18, 12:20 AM
He laughs, "We aren't the only ones who work for hi... I said to much."

On the contrary, my good sir, you have not said enough! laughs Daigorro, sitting himself businesslike across from the bandit at the table.

((You want Good Cop - Bad Cop? I can run with that :smallwink:))

You see, my good sir, I happen to be an assassin by trade. Give me everything you have on this man, and he'll be dead within the week. I happen to like this town, and this tavern in particular, so I'll even knock him over free of charge! grins Daigorro, brimming with confidence. If he has to employ people such as yourself to do his dirty work, then I suspect he is politically very powerful, or perhaps even magically so, but not physically so? I happen to specialize in the deaths of arcanists, you know. He turns to the impromptu party's resident magi. Only the ones I don't like, of course, he says with a grin, inclining his head at his powerful arcane allies.

Bluff: [roll0] to make him believe I can kill his man, no matter how strong.
Insight [roll1] to see if anything I said triggered a reflex in him that might suggest I hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

((Natural 20 on a bluff! Hurray!))

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:26 AM
On the contrary, my good sir, you have not said enough! laughs Daigorro, sitting himself businesslike across from the bandit at the table.

((You want Good Cop - Bad Cop? I can run with that :smallwink:))

You see, my good sir, I happen to be an assassin by trade. Give me everything you have on this man, and he'll be dead within the week. I happen to like this town, and this tavern in particular, so I'll even knock him over free of charge! grins Daigorro, brimming with confidence. If he has to employ people such as yourself to do his dirty work, then I suspect he is politically very powerful, or perhaps even magically so, but not physically so? I happen to specialize in the deaths of arcanists, you know. He turns to the impromptu party's resident magi. Only the ones I don't like, of course, he says with a grin, inclining his head at his powerful arcane allies.

Bluff: [roll0] to make him believe I can kill his man, no matter how strong.
Insight [roll1] to see if anything I said triggered a reflex in him that might suggest I hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

((Natural 20 on a bluff! Hurray!))

"With him, death is only the beginning, and not a very good one."

((You think he is telling the truth))

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-18, 12:34 AM
"With him, death is only the beginning, and not a very good one."

((You think he is telling the truth))

A... necromancer? says Daigorro, deadly serious. Death is only the beginning... if your master is a practitioner of necromantic arts, you must tell me everythign you know! That sacrilegious peon of the Shadowfell will die by my blade, and his soul shall be judged by the Dark Lady! He can tell that Daigorro is legitimately livid, as if the mere thought of a necromancer somewhere drawing breath sends him into a murderous frenzy.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:37 AM
A... necromancer? says Daigorro, deadly serious. Death is only the beginning... if your master is a practitioner of necromantic arts, you must tell me everythign you know! That sacrilegious peon of the Shadowfell will die by my blade, and his soul shall be judged by the Dark Lady! He can tell that Daigorro is legitimately livid, as if the mere thought of a necromancer somewhere drawing breath sends him into a murderous frenzy.

"The Dark Lady. Don't make me laugh. She is nothing compared to him, nothing."

Ichneumon
2010-01-18, 02:35 AM
"Listen bandit. I don't know where you come from or what your customs and believes are concerning the dead and gods, but I will tell you this. I come from a place where many believe a painful death is good way to die and many believe the afterlife will only perpetuate that suffering. You've done wrong by doing this and the gods will let you suffer. I promise you that, as soon as I'm finished speaking I will not hesitate smashing your skull with my flail, condeming you to eternal suffering beyond your imagination. I am a woman of faith and if I wished it so, you could atone for your sins with me, before you die. But only if you tell us everything you know."

Marina angrily waves with her flail.

Intimidate check: [roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:04 PM
"Listen bandit. I don't know where you come from or what your customs and believes are concerning the dead and gods, but I will tell you this. I come from a place where many believe a painful death is good way to die and many believe the afterlife will only perpetuate that suffering. You've done wrong by doing this and the gods will let you suffer. I promise you that, as soon as I'm finished speaking I will not hesitate smashing your skull with my flail, condeming you to eternal suffering beyond your imagination. I am a woman of faith and if I wished it so, you could atone for your sins with me, before you die. But only if you tell us everything you know."

Marina angrily waves with her flail.

Intimidate check: [roll0]

The bandit says nothing.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 12:08 PM
Don pulls back his dagger and turns around. He quickly ducks the swinging flail and moves out of the way. He stares at Daigorro's astonished face and knew something was wrong, very wrong. He looks for any marks on his clothing representing who might be his master.

I don't know if that would be dungeoneering or history, so here goes both.

dungeoneering: [roll0]

history: [roll1]

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:19 PM
Don pulls back his dagger and turns around. He quickly ducks the swinging flail and moves out of the way. He stares at Daigorro's astonished face and knew something was wrong, very wrong. He looks for any marks on his clothing representing who might be his master.

I don't know if that would be dungeoneering or history, so here goes both.

dungeoneering: [roll0]

history: [roll1]

You notice a hand with an eye in the center of it, the holy symbol of Vecna.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 12:21 PM
You notice a hand with an eye in the center of it, the holy symbol of Vecna.

umm... not too familiar with deities, so....

religion check! [roll0]

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:26 PM
umm... not too familiar with deities, so....

religion check! [roll0]

Vecna is the evil god of secrets and undeath.

The barkeep says, "The punishment for what they have done is 5 years of prison, and 5 years of community service."

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 12:30 PM
Don approaches while dodging the swinging flail. Quickly, he whips out his knife and cuts off the symbol, not being too careful of not cutting the bandit in the process. He then turns around, dodges the swinging flail, and tosses the holy symbol to Daigorro. Don watches Daigorro's expression carefully.

shadowmage
2010-01-18, 12:46 PM
Mathas walks over to the Fire Warrior Thank you friend for your service. Go knowing you did us a great service once again.The Fire Warrior slowly fades away.

He walks over to where the others are talking to the bandit. So things become clearer. Looking around he spies the two gnomes and Orc. As we were saying before we were interrupted. If you three are looking for adventure I think we can provided it. I can not offer right now more then danger, what we find as reward and and the knowledge we saved the city and who knows maybe the world from more of this.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-18, 12:55 PM
Orpheus grins. "Why, your services would be much appreciated-" He thinks back. "I'm getting old," he says very quietly, not even caring about that killing blow.

"Mariana- Kvarn..." He looks at the others. "Why... this is quite some large troupe we've got here."

Ichneumon
2010-01-18, 01:01 PM
"You can count me in!"

Marina laughs and jumps enthousiastically.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-18, 01:05 PM
"Ha ha ha," He laughs a deep bellied laugh, "Excellent!" With a swift spin, he tucks his sword back into it's sheath and and then stands there, brushing his hair back with his hand.

shadowmage
2010-01-18, 01:31 PM
Good. What about you good Orc? Hoping to catch him before he heads up for his bath.

We are known as Mathas, Wizard and Member of the Church of Ioun.

Ichneumon
2010-01-18, 02:13 PM
I am Marina, knight of Erathis. It is good to meet you.

Jesse Drake
2010-01-18, 02:24 PM
Orpheus face palms for a moment. "Ah, how could I forget. I am Orpheus Obsidian, Master Eladrin Tactician-" He bows for a second and then stands still, extending his hand for a shake.

Zocelot
2010-01-18, 02:29 PM
"I'll think about it, it sounds interesting" Kvarn promises to Mathas before heading back to the bandit.

"Now, apparently the punishment for your crime is 10 years of your life, but I don't think anyone here would say anything if you disappeared. You see, I'm a half-orc, and we have the cunning and ingenuity of humans combined with the cruelty of the orcs. I can take you back to my clan and have you work as a slave for the rest of your life. You will be showed no mercy, you will be beaten daily, and tortured if you slip out of line. And while you're working yourself to death, I will track down your friends, your family and everyone you care about then torture them to death in front of you. If you just talk now, none of that has to happen. Unlike Tralin, I can promise you protection. You saw me out there and my skill with a blade, if you don't believe I can protect you then you don't believe your own eyes. All we need is for you to tell us everything you know, so that we can protect you better.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 02:49 PM
"I'll think about it, it sounds interesting" Kvarn promises to Mathas before heading back to the bandit.

"Now, apparently the punishment for your crime is 10 years of your life, but I don't think anyone here would say anything if you disappeared. You see, I'm a half-orc, and we have the cunning and ingenuity of humans combined with the cruelty of the orcs. I can take you back to my clan and have you work as a slave for the rest of your life. You will be showed no mercy, you will be beaten daily, and tortured if you slip out of line. And while you're working yourself to death, I will track down your friends, your family and everyone you care about then torture them to death in front of you. If you just talk now, none of that has to happen. Unlike Tralin, I can promise you protection. You saw me out there and my skill with a blade, if you don't believe I can protect you then you don't believe your own eyes. All we need is for you to tell us everything you know, so that we can protect you better.

"You sure you can protect me?"

Zocelot
2010-01-18, 02:54 PM
I have no doubt that I can protect you. The only question is if I will, and that depends on you talking.

shadowmage
2010-01-18, 02:55 PM
Orpheus face palms for a moment. "Ah, how could I forget. I am Orpheus Obsidian, Master Eladrin Tactician-" He bows for a second and then stands still, extending his hand for a shake.
It is good to meet you both.Mathas takes the Gnomes hand and shakes it. He then nods to the Orc and waits to see what the bandit has to say, what bearing it will have on his mission if any.

We may want to take him to the guards and see what the meeting they are having is about. As we take it that this kind of thing is not normal for the city. It must be of great inportance that is discussed at the meeting and what he has to say may have some bearing on it. Someone there might be better able to make him talk or able to promise him safety in turn for what he knows.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 03:06 PM
I have no doubt that I can protect you. The only question is if I will, and that depends on you talking.

He sighs, "I'll tell you all I know... Our leader, he was a good leader at first. But, one day he said he met with Vecna, lord of undeath, and Vecna gave him a task. We didn't believe him, but then Vecna actually came to us, and said the end of days was upon us, and we were instrumental to his plans. He gave us a list of where and when to strike, and why. This was one of the ones one the list."

Zocelot
2010-01-18, 04:24 PM
He sighs, "I'll tell you all I know... Our leader, he was a good leader at first. But, one day he said he met with Vecna, lord of undeath, and Vecna gave him a task. We didn't believe him, but then Vecna actually came to us, and said the end of days was upon us, and we were instrumental to his plans. He gave us a list of where and when to strike, and why. This was one of the ones one the list."

Where else is being attacked? And, more importantly, why did you attack this location and the others?

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 05:49 PM
Where else is being attacked? And, more importantly, why did you attack this location and the others?

"I only no what we did. I'm sure he had others, but we were just small players. He said we were to cause mayhem, destruction. Thats all I know."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-18, 06:36 PM
Don approaches while dodging the swinging flail. Quickly, he whips out his knife and cuts off the symbol, not being too careful of not cutting the bandit in the process. He then turns around, dodges the swinging flail, and tosses the holy symbol to Daigorro. Don watches Daigorro's expression carefully.

Daigorro catches the holy symbol and analyzes it. He grimaces. Vecna. This man is a servant of Vecna. He is a god, though once was mortal, like my master. Though while the Dark Lady rules over winter and death, Vecna rules over secrets and undeath, blasphemous, evil domains. This is serious - you may have noticed that this town is under the protection of the Raven Queen and Ioun, the Lady of Knowledge. They are the fiercest of opponents of Vecna. This is serious. Deadly serious. The assassin seems lost in contemplation a moment, his face showing the vaguest hints of sorrow. He shakes it off. This must be brought to the attention of the High Priest immediately!

Zocelot
2010-01-18, 06:58 PM
"I only no what we did. I'm sure he had others, but we were just small players. He said we were to cause mayhem, destruction. Thats all I know."

Thank you for the information. Now is your last chance to tell us anything that we might find useful. If we find out later that you lied or withheld information your protection will expire.

Mando Knight
2010-01-18, 07:09 PM
Kallista's bored with this mook. The bit about rival gods interests her a bit, and she turns to Daigorro. "So we'll just foil his plot or something. If he's relying on half-wits like these guys to do his dirty work around here, it can't be too hard, right?"

shadowmage
2010-01-18, 07:57 PM
At the sound of Vecna's name the first truye emotion crosses his face. A servant of Vecna! He should be taken to our temple. They will know how to deal with him. They will know how to get the information from him I am sure, if not they will know what should be done with him.

GreenMuffin
2010-01-18, 08:00 PM
Don nods his head. The only stuff he knows about Vecna he heard on the streets, and nothing he heard made him want to have anything to do with Vecna.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 08:02 PM
The bandit looks panicked by what Daigorro and Mathas's comments, and looks at Kvarn, "Y-you promised to protect me! Don't let them do anything to me. I told you everything."

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-18, 10:04 PM
Kallista's bored with this mook. The bit about rival gods interests her a bit, and she turns to Daigorro. "So we'll just foil his plot or something. If he's relying on half-wits like these guys to do his dirty work around here, it can't be too hard, right?"

Something larger is at stake here, my tiefling friend. Vecna is, after all, the god of secrets. This poor man probably knows next to nothing about his master plan. It will not be so simple.

Zocelot
2010-01-18, 10:21 PM
"Would you have told me the information that I needed if I hadn't promised you protection?"

Kvarn turns to Mathas and Daigorro.

"This man is no servant of Vecna. He is merely a weak minded fool who was convinced by a slightly smarter fool. Also remember that he did tell us everything he knows after a few minutes. No one was killed or crippled, and no serious damage was done to the establishment, we must weigh the facts against his intent. Surely the local punishment is enough for his crimes. 10 years is nothing to be taken lightly."

Kvarn addresses the bandit again.

You will have to pay your debt to society in prison time and community service, but I doubt these men will harm you if you renounce Vecna and his ways. The men you fought against are good people, and we will not let harm befall this town where you will be spending quite a bit of time. We will tear apart your Vecnian cult, and our names will be known across the land.

Kvarn leaves the bandit and goes to talk to Mathas, Marina and Orpheus.

I've made up my mind; I'll adventure with you and help take down this cult of Vecna. It sounds like a great way to make our names for ourselves and become famous.

OOC note: Kvarn is very young, so even if he makes longish speeches (which is admittedly how everyone talks in pbp), it is very possible he won't be taken seriously due to ageism.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 10:25 PM
"Would you have told me the information that I needed if I hadn't promised you protection?"

Kvarn turns to Mathas and Daigorro.

"This man is no servant of Vecna. He is merely a weak minded fool who was convinced by a slightly smarter fool. Also remember that he did tell us everything he knows after a few minutes. No one was killed or crippled, and no serious damage was done to the establishment, we must weigh the facts against his intent. Surely the local punishment is enough for his crimes. 10 years is nothing to be taken lightly."

Kvarn addresses the bandit again.

You will have to pay your debt to society in prison time and community service, but I doubt these men will harm you if you renounce Vecna and his ways. The men you fought against are good people, and we will not let harm befall this town where you will be spending quite a bit of time. We will tear apart your Vecnian cult, and our names will be known across the land.

Kvarn leaves the bandit and goes to talk to Mathas, Marina and Orpheus.

I've made up my mind; I'll adventure with you and help take down this cult of Vecna. It sounds like a great way to make our names for ourselves and become famous.

OOC note: Kvarn is very young, so even if he makes longish speeches (which is admittedly how everyone talks in pbp), it is very possible he won't be taken seriously due to ageism.

The man frowns, "I only went along with the whole following Vecna thing because our leader paid me enough to take care of my wife and kids, and he only went along with it for power. I hope he doesn't know I told you, cause he may be a bit angry."

Mando Knight
2010-01-18, 10:40 PM
"Hope who doesn't know? That guy, or Vecna?" Kallista points at the corpse of the bandit group's leader.

"Far as I know, the gods can't interfere directly enough in mortal affairs for Vecna to smite every two-copper criminal that betrays him. Otherwise everyone who didn't have a patron god that tried to fight someone who did would drop dead faster than they could raise their blades."

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 10:45 PM
"Hope who doesn't know? That guy, or Vecna?" Kallista points at the corpse of the bandit group's leader.

"Far as I know, the gods can't interfere directly enough in mortal affairs for Vecna to smite every two-copper criminal that betrays him. Otherwise everyone who didn't have a patron god that tried to fight someone who did would drop dead faster than they could raise their blades."

"Mortal leader, the one that made the deal with Vecna."

Mando Knight
2010-01-18, 11:13 PM
"Is he able to spy on you from wherever he is, and would he have a reason to? If not, then you don't have to worry. The only time we'd tell him which of his lackeys betrayed him to us is after his head gets stuck on a pike."