PDA

View Full Version : Elan's underwater mission in DStP (SPOILERS)

Nate the Snake
2010-01-06, 10:51 PM
In the bonus underwater scene in Don't Split the Party, Lien refers cryptically to a secondary mission that only Elan can accomplish. What does she mean by this?

kpenguin
2010-01-06, 10:56 PM
I suspect she means luring out Therkla. After the pair returned to Hinjo's junk, Hinjo asked Lien about the "OTHER mission" to which Lien replied that the bait was laid but there was no bite.

Nate the Snake
2010-01-07, 02:22 AM
That makes so much sense that I can't believe it didn't occur to me. Then again, I just skipped to the bonus comics, so it's not surprising that I didn't remember what else was going on at the time. :smallredface:

Thanks for clearing that up.

the_tick_rules
2010-01-07, 11:23 AM
Something only Elan can do? Annoy everyone till the point of insanity?

silversaraph
2010-01-10, 11:22 AM
So, was there sexual tension between Lien and Hinjo or not? Not even one sided with Hinjo?

"Besides, Hinjo isn't even remotely my type."
"He's not?" "I'm not"?

Ancalagon
2010-01-10, 11:27 AM
Hinjo: Yes, I think there was.
Lien: Probably told the truth.

NerfTW
2010-01-10, 11:38 AM
It wasn't tension, I think, just the usual response a person has when told that they aren't someone's type. "Why not, I'm attractive!"

Grey Watcher
2010-01-10, 02:19 PM
Hinjo: Yes, I think there was.
Lien: Probably told the truth.

Actually, that scene left me wondering if Hinjo was gay. His reaction to Lien's description of her husband (or was he only her boyfriend, I don't remember and don't have the book handy), struck me that way (ie uncomfortable because he finds himself lusting after a colleague's description of her spouse, which, given that he's both her superior officer AND a Paladin, has got to be a bad position to find yourself in). Of course, (again, books not handy so I can't double check), he might just be intimidated by Lien's description.

Regardless, I think they're both being honest when they say there isn't sexual tension between them. I suppose for token gay characters, I'll have to settle for Unnamed Guard at Cliffport's Prison.

I'm also embarrassed because it took me a solid two days to figure out what it was that scared off the giant crab.

Thanatosia
2010-01-10, 03:29 PM
I'm also embarrassed because it took me a solid two days to figure out what it was that scared off the giant crab.
I still havn't figured that out! What do you think it was and why did it not approach closer?

3Power
2010-01-10, 04:07 PM
The black dragon that attacked V.

Ancalagon
2010-01-10, 04:37 PM
I still havn't figured that out! What do you think it was and why did it not approach closer?

It's the most awesome Babylon 5 reference... in addition to being some Black Dragon. ;)

Ancalagon
2010-01-10, 04:39 PM
Actually, that scene left me wondering if Hinjo was gay.

I assumed that before. Apparently, he also had no interest in Sangwaan (his uncle wanted to couple them in a bonus strip in War & XPs, I think). But the Lien-thing here SEEMED to leave him a bit disappointed.

But I think the "Hinjo-is-gay" theory is a quite decent one. Until proof shows up that indicated the contrary, I'll consider him gay from now on. ;)

Acero
2010-01-10, 05:49 PM
I assumed that before. Apparently, he also had no interest in Sangwaan (his uncle wanted to couple them in a bonus strip in War & XPs, I think). But the Lien-thing here SEEMED to leave him a bit disappointed.

But I think the "Hinjo-is-gay" theory is a quite decent one. Until proof shows up that indicated the contrary, I'll consider him gay from now on. ;)

Just because he doesn't want to marry the blind girl who can read his thoughts does not make him gay.

i don't have any of the books, so i can't debate on this Lien/Hinjo strip. but the only thing that ever made me think he was gay was the beard, and that was only for a few strips.

3Power
2010-01-10, 06:03 PM
He was always really impartial about sangwaan, even when she was killed in front of him.

Teddy
2010-01-11, 02:50 PM

I think his "NO!" reaction was more a response to Shojo offering scrolls against impotence. And it's hard to know how to react to someone who is suggesting that you go to bed with someone, especially if that someone is a close relative.

He was always really impartial about sangwaan, even when she was killed in front of him.

There is no place for mourning in the midst of a battlefield (ok, ok, not so much in the midst...), especially if you're the highest commanding officer. Especially if you're facing a big freaking zombie dragon with an epic level sorcerer lich riding it.