PDA

View Full Version : City's Blight(IC)

Saintjebus
2010-01-07, 12:28 PM
Soamagh Caiy is a town on the edge. It sits on the border of the Wildlands, and relations are tense with the horse barbarian tribes. Soamagh Caiy has a thriving bounty market, and adventurers, while not necessarily welcome, are tolerated because of the gold that they bring to the local economy.

All of you have come to Soamagh Caiy for your own reasons. Regardless of your reasons, there is one meeting place for adventurers: The Dancing Horse Inn. All of you have made your way to the Inn, and have gotten rooms while you look for work.

Dimples: Selena (http://www.playrpgonline.net/3eprofiler/view.php?id=4258)

BruteSquad01: Karl (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=176670)

Dogmantra: Joe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=176721)

Molokh: Kreslin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=176700)

Boo: Roz (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=175894)

Jokes: Init (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=145760)

Temotei: Eriam (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=33332)

OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137611)

Temotei
2010-01-07, 07:03 PM
Well...it may not have been my best sleep, but it was definitely worth it after that shaking experience.

Eriam gets up from his bed and dresses. He also dons his armor, as always.

Dimples
2010-01-07, 08:02 PM
goodnight timmy Selena said before turning out her lamo and laying down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning! she said standing up and putting on her leather armor are you ready to go eat timmy she said before it let loose a small noise sounding like what youd expect from a cute tiny monkey.

Jokes
2010-01-07, 09:29 PM
~~~A Few Days Earlier~~~

A group of dwarves sit around a table in the middle of the room. They seem to be quite enjoying themselves, singing loudly and bashing their mugs of ale together. There is a brief flash and the dwarves go silent.

Sitting cross-legged atop their table, a just as surprised elf looks around startled. He is taller than most other elves, and his clothes might have looked noble if not for the blackened scorch marks all over them. In fact, the elf himself might have been quite the charmer if his face wasn't covered in fresh scars.

He leaps to his feat and screams, "I did it! Hahahaha!" He does a quick dance around the table then stops and takes a deep breath. "I never thought I'd be happy to smell dwarf." He signals the bartender and calls out his order of a round of ales.

He sits back down on the table and grins at the dwarves. "So... where exactly are we?" He winces suddenly, as if only just noticing the horrid burns on his face and arms. "Uh, and I think I might need a healer."

~~~Current Day~~~

Init yawns loudly, then winces at the sharp pain. He touches his bandages softly then curses to himself for the fact he'd done the same thing every day since teleporting out. He slowly gets out of bed and gets dressed. He'd asked a local tailor to simply patch up and alter his old robes to fit a new adventuring lifestyle. He'd also picked up a spare set of clothes, just in case, which now sat at the bottom of an otherwise empty backpack. Init grabs his spellbook and stumbles downstairs for breakfast, which he eats while readying his spells.

Some last minute purchases of a bedroll, a backpack and an extra set of clothes. I'll buy more stuff when we have an adventure to go on :smallwink:

Preparing 2 Detect Magic and 1 Prestigitation, 1 mage armour, 1 lesser orb of fire and 1 magic missile.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-07, 09:48 PM
It was evening when Karl arrived in the city, and the Dancing Horse Inn's common room was bustling with patrons. He greets the innkeeper with a tired smile. "A fair evening to you, friend. It appears you are doing a brisk trade; I hope you have a room left for a weary traveler? I don't require anything fancy, just a private room with somewhere to rest my head. I will pay you now for three nights, though I may stay a bit longer."

Dogmantra
2010-01-08, 08:27 AM
Just one week ago, a new customer had entered The Dancing Horse, completely soaked from the unrelenting rain outside. He entered looking solely for somewhere warm to stay for a few hours. He just never really left, and there he was, a week later, staying in the warm, staring at the fire, trying to work things out. Though he had become reasonably friendly with the barman, Joe had mostly kept himself to himself when it came to talking to other patrons. He decided that today would be the day where he went out to look for some means of paying for his stay at The Dancing Horse, which he'd much rather do than run away, which was plan B. Of course, he'd decided this every day for the past week, and done nothing. He tried to lie to himself, saying it was because nothing had come up.
'Sure, nothing's come up' he thought rather sarcastically.

Saintjebus
2010-01-08, 06:09 PM
@ Init

When Init gets down to the common room, he finds it almost empty. The bartender greets him jovially.

Good morning, sir! How would you like a hot breakfast?

Chuckling at his wit, the barman goes into the back to cook Init's meal.

@ Karl

Absolutely, good traveler. It's a gp a night. The room I have is small, but comfortable.

(OOC: Don't subtract funds. I already took the cost of the inn into account.)

Boo
2010-01-08, 07:57 PM
Roz arrived in town rather exhausted. She heard this place might have something of interest, but her hopes weren't as high as they could be since the source of this information was rather drunk. As she walked down the streets for an interesting spot she came across the tavern.

Now, usually she wouldn't get a room right away, but she had little energy from her trip and thought a room would be nice to have--specifically a bed. She sludged through the door, just realising how weak she was, and bought a room for the night. Barely making it up the stairs, a single pinch to the bottom going unnoticed, she fell completely onto the mattress of hay.

Now awake, she heads downstairs. First thing's first: ale. She asks the bartender "Could I get a pint and something nice to eat, please?" as he passes by her from other patrons. Her head lays on the table where she sits, which is also where Init sits. She has yet to notice him in her half-awakened state. In fact, she didn't even take off her armour to go to sleep--just her backpack. It's a good thing she wasn't wearing anything heavier. "So much better than the cold ground..." she mumbles as a stretch is performed by only her arms.

Dimples
2010-01-08, 11:16 PM
Selena walks over to where he dog sleeps, wake up sleepy head she says rubbing his head.
She then picks timmy up and puts him on her shoulder and walks out of the room followed by her dog and starts walking down the stairs.
could i get some breakfest please? she says in the nicest tone she could manage and went to sit down by the group of people starting to eccumulate.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 12:31 AM
Eriam walks briskly towards the tavern's main room, where many patrons are now being served. When he enters the room though, he notices a young woman at a table, seemingly passed out, with a bandaged elf across the table, looking somewhat startled for a moment. Curious... Eriam starts walking toward the table, but then decides to hang back and observe. He chooses a place where he could observe all of the tavern without being involved--the corner. At least I won't have to deal with the food here...

At that thought, Eriam smiles. Most people would think a "street rat" one who would eat anything. Quite the contrary.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-09, 01:34 AM
Karl wakes the next morning refreshed. He dressed quickly and retrieved a small mat from his pack and went downstairs. He nods a brief "Good Morning" at the four patrons in the common room, barely noticing the strange sight of an armor-clad young woman passed out on the table, or the bandaged elf across from her. As he opens the door, he nearly runs into a shorter, black-haired man (OOC: Eriam) on his way in. He stops and bows, waving the man inside.

My apologies, good sir, it is not my intent to trample you. Do, please, come in.

After the man enters, Karl continues outside into the street. Looking around, he decides the best view of the morning sun is achieved just up the street. He sets down his mat on the side of the street and sits, beginning his prayers and preparing his spells. After several minutes, he gets up and shakes the dust and dirt from the mat, and goes back inside. He again nods to everyone, and again at Eriam. Finding a seat in the common room near a window, he quietly waits for the tavern-keeper to come around.

Saintjebus
2010-01-09, 10:27 AM
The innkeeper comes out with Init's breakfast and looks a little taken aback at the number of people now sitting at tables. Fortunately, both of his waitresses come in at that exact moment, and he shouts at them to start taking orders.

All of you are served a hot, filling meal. A little plain, but good fare.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 03:35 PM
Eriam, a little bored, decides to walk out of the tavern. When outside, he finds the nearest dark alley and sits against the wall.

Ah...just like old times in Gratos. Without the terrible nagging need to eat.

MOLOKH
2010-01-09, 03:38 PM
Waking after sleeping in, Kreslin dresses himself, picks up his mandolin, then locks his room and heads to central hall of the inn. He looks around for the inkeeper, then walks towards him and proposes:

"I see business has picked up. How about some breakfast in return for some entertainment for your patrons?"

Saintjebus
2010-01-09, 04:23 PM
The innkeeper, looking slightly harried, looks Kreslin up and down.

You may certainly try. I will judge the quality of your breakfast by the quality of your first performance.

@Kreslin

Go ahead and make a performance check.

MOLOKH
2010-01-09, 05:31 PM
He opens the leather case on his back and pulls a small guitar-like instrumet, then sets a chair at the far end of the hall, sits and starts playing a peppy combat march song.

[roll0] +1 ab. mod. +3 rank +2 mwork. instr.

Saintjebus
2010-01-09, 08:24 PM
As you start playing, a couple people start looking at you. As you get further into the song, the whole tavern starts getting into it. More of them begin ordering food and drinks.

As you finish the song, the barkeep comes over.

Great job,son. What's your name now? Kreslin? Here's your meal. After you finish, play a couple more. Good for business a bard is....

He hands you a huge plate full of food, obviously the best fare this tavern can afford.
He turns away to answer a call for more food.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 10:48 PM
Hearing the music, Eriam's mood brightens up. He stands and walks back into the tavern to see the bard playing his lively tune. Eriam smiles genuinely while leaning back against the wall near the entry door.

Boo
2010-01-09, 11:14 PM
Roz

With the pleasing sound coming from Kreslin's playing, Roz takes a liking and wakes up with her food placed at hers and Init's table. Although still unattentive to Init across from her, she drinks her drink quickly and eats her meal--all while staring at Kreslin. She's mesmerised enough to actually buy a second drink, but not another meal.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-09, 11:26 PM
Karl sits quietly, enjoying the music and the people of the tavern at leisure. His life was often spent in constant danger; his calling often led him to the darkest corners of the world, and it was not often that he could sit back and enjoy life. Therefore, Karl savored the moment as one might a fine meal or wine, and said nothing.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 12:05 AM
Init closes his book, thankful he managed to get all that done before the morning rush. He leans back in his chair looking at the plate of breakfast in front of him. He begins picking out bits of pieces, but doesn't have the stomach to finish it all.

While Kreslin plays, Init taps his finger against the table along with the up-beat tune. He looks over at Roz and smiles the best he can without wincing in pain. "Good atmosphere here, yes?"

Boo
2010-01-10, 12:22 AM
Roz

"Yeah--eh?" She turns, surprised that she had sat beside someone else (or at least she thinks she sat second, which she did, but who can be sure). "Oh, I didn't see you when I sat down! I was just waking..." finally catching glimpse of his scarred features, "Your face is kinda--are you okay?" Always the bold one.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 12:34 AM
"I'll survive." Init smiles a little too broadly and attempts to hide the pain. "I'm Init Verdal," he holds out a hand, then quickly takes it back and offers the other one, "sorry, this one is slightly less painful." You see that the dressings cover most of his face and around his hands and arms, stopping at the elbow.

Boo
2010-01-10, 12:52 AM
Roz

A gentle hand is given to greet the bandaged fellow. "I'm Roz... just Roz." She smiles sweetly, hoping not to cause him more pain. "Could I ask how you became so..." chuckling guiltily, "rare?"

"A cleric would be good to have right now, wouldn't it?" she asks inwardly.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 01:02 AM
Eriam looks over to see the awakened girl now conversing with the bandaged elf. Slightly curious, but too honorable to just listen in, he decides to walk up to the odd pair.

Hello. I don't mean to butt in, but I don't believe we've met. My name is Eriam Retral. I couldn't help but notice when I came in that you were...apparently out cold. And...well, I'm curious. So very curious. Why are you so bandaged up, and why are you so tired?

Eriam looks both up and down thoroughly, still standing.

Boo
2010-01-10, 01:05 AM
Roz

"Mhmm... I was still tired..." She responds quietly if not a bit too defensively, not wishing to wreck Master Verdal's train of thought.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 01:12 AM
Init chuckles. "Hah, like I don't get enough jokes from the staff here. I guess my curiosity was my undoing. A mage trapped his library with a surprisingly potent spell, one designed to sear flesh more than anything. It almost felt like there was a tingle of electricity to it..." He looks off into the distance for a moment, recalling the incident. "But, scars will heal!" He raises his glass of water. "And there's still fire left in the soul, though."

Temotei
2010-01-10, 01:26 AM
Hahaha! Fire in the soul! I like that.

Eriam looks to Roz for a moment.

You look...a little disgruntled with my sudden, unannounced arrival. Perhaps I should leave?

Turning around to see a man tip his mug over the table, he quickly catches it using his force of will. He then lifts it back onto the table.

Prestidigitation
Lay off the drinks, yeah?

Eriam turns back to the elf and the girl.

Dimples
2010-01-10, 01:26 AM
After eating selena is so joyed she goes over to where the bard sat and plopped down right beside him, not saying a word.

Boo
2010-01-10, 01:50 AM
Roz

"Library? How exciting! Note to self: find his library."

She slightly scoffs at herself, as if at Eriam, for being so insulted at nothing. She doesn't quite notice the catch, but it seems more to be a physical grab. "Impressive reflexes there..." she begins, "and I don't dislike you, Master Retral. Not yet at least." she joked, "I just woke up after having the best night's sleep I've had ALL WEEK!" Her gesticulating emphasised this point. "The smell of food brought me down from sleeping further. Trail rations aren't the tastiest of meals--if they can be called such." She drinks hastily, wiping her upper lip once finished the ale.

To Eriam again: "Now sit. You haven't introduced yourself properly yet. Master Verdon here has a very attractive library and I've been trying to find pretty places of interest." She leans in a bit for this next part, "What about you is good looking?" Her eyes travel up and down his frame, a sly smirk on her lips.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 02:42 AM
I suppose the answer to that would be...all of me. I'm attractive as a whole, yes?

Eriam smiles back, although he seems a bit stiffened now.

And yes, my...reflexes...are quite honed, I guess. Trail rations, you say? Try living on literal garbage. Hehehe. That was not the least bit pleasant...my childhood.

Eriam's face gets a little scrunched for a moment, then goes back to smiling perfectly.

Now, you little hypocrite. I haven't introduced myself properly, indeed. What are your names?

Dogmantra
2010-01-10, 05:24 AM
'Something,' thought Joe after hearing the bard playing, 'has definitely come up. That bard does look rather popular. Perhaps he has some contacts.' He rose from his chair, a rare sight, and wordlessly moved towards where everyone was congregating. 'Evidently people have had the same idea as I have...' He took a seat a table away from where most of the conversations were happening, and watched intently.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 06:46 AM
"Verdal" Init corrects, "but please, call me Init. And the library isn't exactly mine, hence my not knowing of the trap. And I am sure there is little of it left after the explosion. Not that I would even be able to tell you where it is were it still in one piece. My escape was by a strange teleport scroll I found while buried beneath the rubble. It simply brought me to this very tavern a few nights ago, and I have no idea where my homeland is in relation to here."

Boo
2010-01-10, 08:36 AM
Roz

Blushing at her ((player's)) mistake she corrects herself. "Yes, 'Master Verdal' er... Init. Still waking up I suppose." she laughs nervously. Roz then turns to face both members of the conversation to fully introduce herself...

She begins by placing her hand on her chest with her palm curved away. "I am Roz. I never had a proper last name in case you're curious." she shrugs, "I grew up with friends of the road, if you catch my drift, and there's nothing more to me than books and stories told by people I've met. I travel quite a bit--quite often. Wherever there's something new to learn, I'm there to find it." She ponders for a moment, "I think... yes, that's it. I'm nothing much. Not like Init here."

Upon that last line, she leans in to Init, as if to whisper. "We really need to get you to a cleric--then we can go slay the evil book murderer." A grin passes her lips, implying a joke where there was none.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 09:02 AM
Init throws his head back and laughs. "Ho, for all I know the big bad bookman is long since dead, no-one has seen head nor hide of him in centuries. Given his reputation, I'm not surprised everyone avoided his manse all these years. And now I suppose I have given some credence to their fears." He smiles lightly and takes a sip of water. "And I have been to a healer," he waggles his bandaged hands, "and I assure you it is nothing that time will not heal. I would prefer to heal these wounds naturally, so I can endure the pain and be reminded of my folly."

Temotei
2010-01-10, 01:28 PM
It's a pleasure to meet you both.

He glances at the bandages on Init's arm, then looks up at his eyes.

A sound plan. Learn from your mistakes and all that. Learning the hard way gives you that much more a lesson.

Boo
2010-01-10, 05:48 PM
Roz

Resting her elbow on the table, and pointing her finger at an angle above Init, she says "I should like to see the face of a man like yourself before I leave. I don't often stay in these places for long." She tilts her body toward Eriam. "--And we still haven't heard YOUR story. As far as we know you could be the son of a King from another land, or a girl disguised as a man." The sarcasm was of course friendly.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 06:55 PM
Hehe. Those stories would be far more interesting than mine is. I was a street urchin, as many would put it. I never knew my parents or any of my family. The street was my home. The rock was my bed. The grass...well, there was no grass where I come from...

Eriam is looking at Roz, but his eyes seem to glaze over, as if he was sleeping while awake.

Saintjebus
2010-01-10, 07:06 PM
The door to the tavern bursts open and three men walk in. They are dressed in polished full plate, and they all have a greatsword strapped to their back.
The bartender hurries over to them.

Milord! I did not know you were...

The man ignores the bartender.

To all of you! The mayor has need of adventurers. Present yourselves at the city hall in one hour.

The man looks distastefully at the bartender, turns on his heel, and stalks out of the tavern, flanked by his two men.

Silence reigns in the tavern.

Boo
2010-01-10, 07:11 PM
Roz

"Sounds very romantic." she winks, "But--" Two quirky people sitting with her. How new and fun.

Spot check for eyes...
[roll0]

Ten or more and she'll see them.

AHHH I guess she's blind to it.

"But I need to find some work. My travel expenses aren't always cheap, Masters." She gets up to walk out of the tavern, and after a step or two she twirls back to Init, "I'll find YOU a healer too, and you WILL let me see your face." She has a look that simply screams 'I won't take no for an answer'. Roz then heads for the door (unless stopped by some one else).

*Scene*

roll for spot check on three men. in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7667133#post7667133)

Temotei
2010-01-10, 07:13 PM
...Well then. I assume you two are going? We can help and maybe we can get a reward along the way.

Eriam scans the tavern for a short while, then turns his head back to his new companions.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 07:15 PM
Spot:[roll0]

Saintjebus
2010-01-10, 07:20 PM
@ Eriam

You notice that nobody has moved to follow the "offer". In fact, most of the people have become remarkably less verbose. The bartender has begun wiping off the bar, and his movements are sharp and short. He looks kind of upset.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 07:30 PM
"What, you don't like the 'shambling undead' look?" Init touches at the dressings softly. "Sorry, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to take them off just yet..." You can see his eyes begin to water as he chokes back a tear.

"Ah, now see this," Init waves a hand at Eriam, attempting to get the attention away from himself, "is true pain, in no way can a bit of dead flesh be compared to this."

Init is relieved when the men burst into the tavern, the mood had grown too sombre for his tastes. Hmm, adventurer? I guess one could call me that. He rises, finishes off his water, then follows the strange girl. "Perhaps I shall join you, m'lady, to stop you from wasting any time helping when no help is sought."

Boo
2010-01-10, 07:47 PM
*Eriam speaks*

"Well, I supose." She enters the table's vicinity, "But before I do anything I think I'll ask the staff a bit about those three. If you'll excuse me."

Attempting to interview the bartender, "Pardon me fine sir of this tavern, may I ask who those men were? I'm only a guest here and I am unaccustomed to the area."

spot check and diplomacy check on bartender. in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7667133#post7667133)

Saintjebus
2010-01-10, 07:50 PM
The bartender looks at Roz and grimaces.

That's the captain of the guard. More of an army now, though. His name is Malk. Since the troop buildup, he's gotten a bit big for his britches in my opinion. He fancies himself "General of Soamagh Caiy. The mayor lets him run around with his flunkies. He's a good mayor, just has a lot on his plate. He doesn't know what Malk has been up to. Malk hates adventurers, though. Would put you all in guard scale if he had his way. Id be careful if you go to that meeting. In all likelihood, the mayor did call for adventurers. He hires a group about once a week.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 07:57 PM
Eriam, who crept up to listen, was indeed listening carefully.

Careful? If the mayor's in control, what do we have to worry about?

Boo
2010-01-10, 08:02 PM
"Yes, what?" She's not as worried about the what, but a later 'where' of the adventure's location. Sure, danger isn't all that bad, but she hates unavoidable combat.

Saintjebus
2010-01-10, 08:08 PM
Well, the mayor's in control when he's there- but Malk has his ear- and feeds him only what he wants the mayor to hear. Once the mayor's not around, it's Malk's game.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 08:11 PM
Seems like a weak leader to me...

Thank you kindly for the information. It will most likely prove very valuable.

Boo
2010-01-10, 08:13 PM
"You sound so sure... Why do you oppose the mayor so and praise him too? Could you tell me what you have planned? Please?" She puts on her best face for the matter, making sure her hood is not blocking anything important.

Not sure if I need to roll again, but just in case:
[roll0]
If I don't, then just ignore this.

What is with the awful rolls?!

EDIT: It's a diplomacy check.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 08:24 PM
"I am sure the Mayor is a good man, just fallen in with the wrong crowd. Perhaps the more pertinent question is why is Malk building an army?"

Temotei
2010-01-10, 08:28 PM
*Roz speaks*

Hm. Indeed. Tell us man! We're trustworthy! And...if you do tell us, we could possibly further your goals.

[roll0]

*Init speaks*

Saintjebus
2010-01-10, 08:29 PM
The bartender rolls his eyes.
You all are pretty paranoid, aren't you? The mayor is building an army because of the horse tribes. They're raids are getting more and more daring. Since the mayor is not allowed by the laws of the kingdom to raise an "army", he's just been increasing the size of the city guard. Since Malk is the Captian of the Guard, that puts him in charge.

And you, little lady. Don't try those little tricks with me- not appropriate for someone your age.

Edit for ninjas:

The bartender snorts.
My goals? My goals are to make a living serving food and drink. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some more drinks to make.

He moves to another part of the bar to pour some drinks for another patron.

Jokes
2010-01-10, 08:39 PM
"Perhaps we should go then, and see what this job is."

Temotei
2010-01-10, 08:53 PM
Eriam, from what little he knows of Roz, looks over to her, expecting her to lash out at the bartender. He doesn't take too long observing though.

Yes...perhaps we should.

He casts a glance at the man that had tipped his mug before. He was no longer laughing and slamming his fists on the table. Just sitting quietly, muttering to his pals.

Hm. Yes.

Dimples
2010-01-10, 08:59 PM
Selena says absolutly nothing just following the bard around, blushing occasionaly.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 09:35 PM
Eriam, while looking around the bar, notices a petite dark-skinned elf following the bard.

Hold up. I'm going to check this out.

He approaches the girl.

Excuse me...I couldn't help but notice you tailing the man who was playing beautiful music before. You don't have a personal vendetta against him, do you?

Eriam studies her face a little more, noting the unusual skin color.

Boo
2010-01-10, 09:47 PM
"Yes, pray we might..." As she says this she strokes her cheek, feeling a tad less pretty. "And I thought I looked good this way..." She makes her way for the door, following along with the two new men in her life.

*when Eriam stops*

She looks over to the dark skinned girl he approaches her. Any idiot could tell she's a drow, but a lesser drow would be more difficult. Regardless, Roz believes her to be a normal drow--never having truly seen one before, but only heard of them and their features.

Knowledge Check: History
[roll0]

Dimples
2010-01-10, 09:47 PM
"no...no of course not, its just....i likes his music." She says looking down "I just wanted to get a chance to talk to him...when he wasnt busy" she looks up and smiles then blushes slightly.

The monkey then crawls up her back and onto her shoulder and hisses at Eriam.

What was the history check for?

Temotei
2010-01-10, 10:06 PM
Eriam stares at the monkey while conversing with the apparent drow elf.

I see. Usually, it's easier to talk to someone when they can see you. Keep that in mind, maybe?

He manages to tear his gaze off the tiny little monkey and look at the girl once more, then starts to walk away toward Roz and Init.

Dimples
2010-01-10, 10:10 PM
"wait..." she says holding her hand out "Can i come with you? Im new here and i really dont know anything about this city" As she takes a step forward mimiking eriam.

her monkey then hisses again and she raises her hand and pets it to calm it down.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 10:13 PM
It couldn't hurt to have one more...

He glances back at Roz staring at the girl.

What's your name, anyway? I'm Eriam.

Dimples
2010-01-10, 10:16 PM
"Oh im serena" she says taking her hand off her monkey and shaking Eriams hand. "Whos your friend over there?"

Temotei
2010-01-10, 10:21 PM
It's not my place to tell you her name. Go ask her. Nice to meet you, by the way, although I would have liked our meeting to be in a different context.

Eriam smiles lightly.

Dimples
2010-01-10, 10:26 PM
"Me also" She says skipping over happily to the girl behind him "Hello whats your name? Mines serena!".

Boo
2010-01-10, 10:47 PM
Roz

Drow are creatures to be suspicious of. Therefore...
Sense Motives Vs Bluff

Sense motives roll: [roll0]

This will see through her name at the very least if successful.

No matter the knowledge gained (names don't matter to Roz), she greets her pleasantly. "Nice to meet you Serena. My name is Roz. He could have told you-" she states cheekily, "-I like being introduced." She turns and flings both arms forward toward Init to let her know him without fear. "This is Master Verdal, or as he likes to be called: Init. He narrowly escaped death by teleporting here. Lucky for him to be meeting us, yeah?"

Dimples
2010-01-10, 10:51 PM
"...well if he dosent mind i think ill call him Init, just because Master Verdal is quite a mouthful"

[roll0]Bluff

BruteSquad01
2010-01-10, 11:09 PM
Karl's reverie was abruptly ended by Malk's entrance and announcement. He continued to sit and sip at his warm cider, pretending not to listen to the conversation. Since the room became noticeably quieter after Malk's interruption, however, it was easy to overhear. It seems there's more to this city than I originally thought, Karl mused in his own head. But, then, there always is, with cities.

Karl had never considered himself to be an adventurer. Not in the sense that most people thought of them; carefree mercenary types, who seem to answer to no one. Karl, in contrast, was always looking for ways to bring help and hope to places where it was needed most. A city under siege may have need of both, I suppose. Perhaps I shall speak with this Malk fellow. He looked up for a glance at the group of apparent "adventurers". Interesting lot. I expect I'll speak with them later.

Karl finished his cider and left a few silvers at his place for the serving girls. Not bothering with armor or weapons today, (save for the dagger he always carried) he nods again at the innkeeper and exits the tavern, heading for the city hall. Perhaps he could get there early and get a better sense of the situation here.

Temotei
2010-01-10, 11:22 PM
*Roz speaks*

Eriam smiles at Roz's apparent unhappiness.

*Serena speaks*

Hm. Well then...we depart?

Dimples
2010-01-10, 11:42 PM
"ok just give me one minute" selena says as she runs up stairs and grabs her weapons slinging them on her back, she runs downstair to join the group. "ok ready" as a big smile crosses her face.

Boo
2010-01-10, 11:50 PM
Roz

Feeling her side she notices a lack of weaponry. "I must have taken them off last night... good." An axe on her leg might have been uncomfortable.

"I'll return quickly." She states, heading up with Serena, but to her own room. "Axe... sap... backpack... bow... quiver... arrows... Okay, that's everything." She equips her materials, and exits just as Selena reaches the stairs. She follows suit, reaching her new companions seconds later.

((and now to leave Init time to respond. >>))

Temotei
2010-01-10, 11:56 PM
I've got all I need here. I'm ready when you are.

Jokes
2010-01-11, 01:41 AM
Init taps his spellbook. "I have all I need."

Boo
2010-01-11, 02:00 AM
Roz

"Off we go, girls." She commands with a snicker once everyone agrees on being ready. Unless halted, Roz will move to the city hall.

Temotei
2010-01-11, 02:09 AM
Eriam again smiles.

The elf I can understand, but me?

He nudges Init lightly and winks.

To the city hall, then.

Dogmantra
2010-01-11, 02:39 AM
Joe had fallen asleep. When he awoke, the door was just closing and the tavern was now almost empty. "Where did everyone go?" he asked the barman.

MOLOKH
2010-01-11, 05:49 AM
After his performance Kreslin stands up, takes a bow and puts his mandolin back in its case. He welcomes the offered breakfast with a smile, sets it on one of the empty tables and begins eating, trying not to glance at the strange dark-skinned girl that has been trailing him for some time. After the announcment of the men in plate armor he quietly leaves, his plate still mostly filled, and heads back to his room. He spreads the armor he managed to snatch away from his family's royal guard's supplies on the bed and stares for a long time at its insignia and the traditional blue paint, now worn out and cracked. Finally, a wide grin covers his face.
"Adventurer, huh? That sounds rather good: Kreslin the Adventurer!"
He dons the armor, straps his weapons, picks up his backpack and heads back to the central hall. He walks over to the inn-keeper and hands him the key from his room, saying:
"Sorry, I can't stick around for the encore. The food was great, though! If I'm ever around I'll visit again."
He exits the tavern and heads to the city hall, trying to control his pace so that he arrives just in time.

Saintjebus
2010-01-11, 10:22 AM
@ Joe

The bartender smirks.

Get enough sleep there, eh? Most of the adventuring types like yourself have gone to a meeting with the mayor at the town hall. If you hurry, you might make it. The mayor's looking for a group of adventurers.

Dogmantra
2010-01-11, 12:29 PM
Joe thanked the bartender for the information, and ran off to city hall. 'No more excuses, this is the perfect opportunity.' he thought.

Saintjebus
2010-01-13, 11:10 AM
When you all get to the city hall, an wizened old man is standing on the steps. He is flanked by the men you saw in the tavern earlier.
Joe runs up behind all of you just in time to hear the man start speaking.

I am the mayor here. I would like to hire you to do.... something....Malk leans forward and whispers in his ear. Ah yes. We need you to scout the horse barbarian's troops. Adventurers are generally tolerated by the barbarians, and my men would be killed on sight. I want you to tell me how many men they have built up, and when they will be attacking.

The mayor turns around abruptly and hobbles back into the city hall. Malk steps forward.

Ok, you louts. Like the mayor said, you'll be scouting the horse tribes. You'll leave going east towards the capital, and once you've gotten a day's travel away, you'll loop back towards the west to enter the tribe's territories. They have a tent city set up about 2 days travel to the west from here. You should be able to blend in there. We want troop numbers and timetables of attack. You'll be paid by the quality of information that we recieve.

He stops speaking and glares at all of you.

Any questions?

BruteSquad01
2010-01-13, 06:32 PM
Karl surveys the gathered adventurers and the other men gathered. He contemplates the task presented to them and finally addresses Malk.

Please excuse my ignorance, sir, as I am, as you might say, "not from around here". What was the initial cause of the conflict with the horse-men? How long has this conflict persisted?
He pauses for a moment, and then quizzically,

So, are these actually horse-people? Like centaurs or similar? Everyone I ask about that just laughs at me.

Saintjebus
2010-01-13, 07:30 PM
Malk looks at you with a slight break in his glare. The horse tribes are called such because they fight from horseback. Unarmored and practically unclothed, they can still hit a gold piece with an arrow from a thousand yards. The conflict persists because the horse tribes are barbaric. They raid our farms, rape our women, and kill our children. When we try and negotiate with them, they stop for a short time, and then start raiding again. There is no reasoning with them.

Boo
2010-01-13, 07:47 PM
Roz

After Karl's question is answered, Roz raises her hand to get the attention Malk, but she does not raise herself. "Are we to assume we must avoid Soamagh Caiy upon return from the east?" She asks, her legs crossed with her loose foot tapping the air in wait. Once that question has been answered, she reaches for a second and third: "What can we expect to the east and west in terms of danger? Are we to be given any food or supplies for the length of this trip? Four days is awfully long." Woo! Basic math!

Saintjebus
2010-01-13, 07:53 PM
To the east, there is little danger- the City guard will have patrols. To the west, you will have all the dangers associated with traveling in enemy territory. You will be given 7 days of trail rations and water- I see that most of you are already armed. Once that runs out, you'll be on your own. And yes, avoid Soamagh Caiy- what do you think the purpose of starting out east is?

Temotei
2010-01-13, 08:05 PM
Eriam looks at Malk for a moment, assessing what he's saying.

Sense Motive:[roll0]

A bunch of barbarians? Barbarians value strength and power...

Quietly muttering to himself, Eriam thinks of the situation's possible dangers, and the strength that could come from so many.

How many will be going? All of us, or just a choice group?

Saintjebus
2010-01-13, 08:09 PM
@ Eriam

Malk seems quite trustworthy.

The seven of you will go.

(Only the seven of you showed up)

Temotei
2010-01-13, 08:12 PM
Hey Roz...it looks like you'll be getting to find new places after all. Maybe make some friends.

He casts a short, sly glance at her, then turns toward the rest of the group, and finally turns back to Malk.

When do we leave?

BruteSquad01
2010-01-13, 08:18 PM
Karl turns and addresses Eriam's question. I would suggest that we spend the day here in town preparing for the journey. We will gather what supplies we need, and leave as early as possible tomorrow, at daybreak, perhaps?

Boo
2010-01-14, 04:35 AM
Roz

On Eriam's glance she stuck out her tongue in retaliation. Once all eyes traced back to Malk she sulked. "I hate sleeping in the wild... So hard and moist." For a time longer she continued until a thought of optimism struck her mind. "Fur! The barbarians might have fur! I love fur... Deer fur's the softest." If one knew what she was talking about, her smile could brighten a room. Instead it just looked creepy and unsettling. Still, there, she looks at 'Serena' with her smile, then back to the topic of general sight.

@self[roll0]

EDIT: Roll on next page...

Boo
2010-01-14, 04:36 AM
[roll0]

Jokes
2010-01-15, 10:19 PM
"I agree, one more night of comfort, then off into the wilderness."

[I'll be doing some more shopping after the meeting, I'll update my sheet when I get some time...]

Saintjebus
2010-01-15, 11:08 PM
You can wait until tomorrow morning to leave. First light, your supplies will be here.

Saintjebus
2010-01-16, 10:06 AM
(Double post to bump, since nobody else seems to be doing anything until the morning starts.)

All of you arise just before sunrise, and gather in the common room of the inn.

The barkeep, busy with cooking breakfast, glances in at all of you.
If you want a quick meal, there is some fruit on the bar. Tak all of it if you like. All of you have paid enough over the last week. And anyway, I'll just charge it to the city.

Boo
2010-01-16, 10:27 AM
(I was waiting for other people to do stuff before I posted, but anyway...)

Roz

Upon the rising of the sun Roz wakes up. She was quite pleased from yesterday. Job, adventure, prospective furs, and even to meet someone nearly as witty as herself. That's her mind, not her player's.

She rubs her eyes and yawns as she stands. The next few moments are spent dressing herself, and equipping what needs to be equipped. Once packed she arrives downstairs just before everyone else.

Later she'll probably try taking most of the fruit since she really doesn't find a lot besides the occasional berry bush and apple tree--most of which are poisonous or unsettling.

Temotei
2010-01-16, 05:31 PM
Eriam rises from his bed, which has been messed up so thoroughly that one would have to look very closely to think it was actually a place for sleeping.

...quite the dream.

He stands up and goes out to the bar to pick up some fruit, following Roz's lead.

You're up?

Eriam still looks like he's half-asleep, with his eyes barely focusing now, half closed.

Boo
2010-01-17, 12:02 AM
Roz

"Yes, Master Retral. And you? You're looking quite tired." She takes a bite of an apple from the litter. "Pray you had yourself a good night?" she inquires while raising a brow.

Temotei
2010-01-17, 12:39 AM
Could have been better.

Eriam sits at a stool near the bar, some distance away from Roz.

Err...by that, I mean simply that my bed could have been softer.

...gah! Stupid tiredness. Yes. I'm tired. That is all.

He frowns a little while turning away from Roz.

Dogmantra
2010-01-17, 05:15 PM
Joe arose earlier than he usually does. He rubbed his eyes. Evidently that nap had stopped him getting a good night's sleep. 'I'm up now,' he thought, 'no point in trying to sleep again.' before wearily dressing, carefully arranging his clothes to make sure no tattoos showed, then trudging downstairs. He glanced at those who were already awake, and remembered that he'd promised to help the city with a problem. "Morning." he said to no-one in particular, reasoning that if he was going to be travelling with them, he might as well make a good impression.

Jokes
2010-01-18, 02:29 AM
Init leaves the meeting and heads straight for the marketplace, purchasing some last minute supplies. [Sheet updated with a few extra items].

The next morning, Init breaks from his trance and, once again, yawns a little too much, stretching his skin uncomfortably. He rises and goes about changing and cleaning his dressings. 'Fresh faced,' he heads downstairs to meet with the others.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-18, 03:54 AM
Karl awakens well before dawn, and begins his daily prayers. Once back inside, he gathers some fruit to put into his pack, then sits in the common room to wait for the others.

Spells for Traveling
level 0:
Guidance
Mending
Purify Food and Drink

level 1:
Comprehend Languages
Endure Elements
Obscuring Mist

Saintjebus
2010-01-18, 11:03 AM
(Hm. Don't know if anybody remembered this, but Malk's instructions were to meet at City Hall at dawn. That's where your supplies will be.)

MOLOKH
2010-01-18, 01:05 PM
After barely being able to sleep from excitement, in the morning Kreslin prepares his armor, weapons and his few other possesions, then waits to hear stirring from downstairs before going himself. With a wide smile on his face he greets everyone he meets ther.

"So, ready for an adventure? We sneak in, swindle the information from those horse-people, and come back as heroes! This is going to be great!"

Temotei
2010-01-18, 01:22 PM
I assume you slept well...umm...you.

Eriam casts a quick glance at Roz to see if she has any idea who this is.

MOLOKH
2010-01-18, 01:40 PM
"Actually, I could hardly sleep at all. It's Kreslin. My name is Kreslin. I was at the back at the meeting yesterday so you probably didn't notcie me. I'll be joining in the mission in the barbarians' lands."

You see a short and skinny man with gentle features, necklong silvery-blonde hair in a light armor painted in blue. His only weapons appear to be a short sword and some kind of fancy rope strapped to his belt. On his back he's carrying an ordinary backpack and a case resembling in form an outstreched pear.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-18, 04:38 PM
(Hm. Don't know if anybody remembered this, but Malk's instructions were to meet at City Hall at dawn. That's where your supplies will be.)

OOC: Oops! I know I forgot...

Karl looks up suddenly. I seem to recall that Malk was to give us some supplies this morning before we left. Let's go ahead to the city hall and collect those, shall we?

Temotei
2010-01-18, 05:26 PM
Indeed. Let's make like a baby and head out.

Eriam smiles and stands, then waits for the rest to follow.

It's a pleasure to meet you, Kreslin. I am Eriam. Over there is...well, she'll introduce herself.

Again, Eriam smiles, knowing that not introducing Roz would just make her slightly upset.

Boo
2010-01-18, 07:31 PM
Roz

Eriam's trick becomes shorthanded when Roz interrupts him to introduce herself after "over there is..." was given and paused. "I'm Roz--" She looks at him for a second longer, "Oh, you're the musician from yesterday! This trip will be better than I thought." Her wit was too fast for Eriam's guile. Still, she stuck her tongue out at him for trying, after the question, then smiling curtly at Kreslin.

A moment later, she looks around the room. "We're missing Serena. You folk can go ahead, I'll wait."

Dimples
2010-01-19, 06:54 PM
Selena wakes up from her sleep and wakes her monkey and dog before putting on her leather armor and putting her spears on her back and walking down the stairs to meet everyone, and find only Roz. "Hi!" she said cheerfully.

Saintjebus
2010-01-19, 07:35 PM
@ Everyone except for Selena and Roz

When you get to the City Hall, you find a pile of rations(enough for 7 people for seven days), a 50 ft hemp rope, and 10 candles. A guard is standing at ease beside them.

About time you showed up! Here's your supplies. Hey, aren't there supposed to be seven of you?

BruteSquad01
2010-01-19, 08:03 PM
Karl addresses the guard. Good morning to you. Indeed, there are seven. One of the young ladies is running behind, so the other is waiting for her. Do we all need to be present to collect these, or shall we get started?

OOC: do any of the items have markings that would identify them as being from Soamagh City?

Saintjebus
2010-01-19, 10:29 PM
No one said anything about everyone being here. Don't tell Malk though- he might think that you all were out to short your companions.

@ Karl

[roll0]

(Spot)

Unless your spot check is lower than 2, you see that the bottoms of the candle have the city seal stamped into them.

Boo
2010-01-20, 01:33 AM
Roz

"Serena, grab some fruit and come along. As good as it is to sleep in a real bed, we have to go before the men take all the rations for themselves." Tongue in cheek, of course. Grabbing some extra fruit (to a total of about five) and throws one or two to Selena. She then jogs over to the City Hall, fully expecting Selena to follow.

On arrival:

"Who's trying what now?" Roz asks, entering the hall with that last word. She looks at Karl, then the guard, and shakes her head. "Never mind. Let's hurry on." She'll take her rations after everyone else.

Temotei
2010-01-21, 12:52 AM
You're late! Surely you could have gone faster than that!

Eriam looks sternly at both Roz and "Serena," then turns away, smiling, amused.

It's impossible for Roz and "Serena" to see his smile, due to the way his face turns, unless they suddenly run in front of him (in which case, he would drop it).

Jokes
2010-01-22, 12:39 AM
Init picks up his rations and stows them carefully in his backpack. Hefting the pack over his shoulders, he stretches his back, getting the weight into the right spot.

"Ok, I think I'm ready to go."

[I have the same spells as yesterday.]

Boo
2010-01-22, 09:00 AM
Roz

And lo there was much sarcasm to be had. "I'm sure we would have been faster if you had just carried us like a real man." OH SNAP! >>

Temotei
2010-01-22, 02:20 PM
Haha...

Eriam's laugh is shortened--so it seems.

Listen check DC 15:
I don't think I could lift you.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-22, 08:15 PM
Karl gathers his supplies and places the rations in his pack. Taking the candles, he holds them to a nearby lamp and softens the ends, then presses them on the wall to obscure the city seal. Let's make sure we can't be identified as agents of Soamagh, else our visit with the horse-people will likely be very short. I'm sure they are already suspicious enough of outsiders in this area. He looks back to the others and asks cheerfully,
Well? Shall we begin?

Temotei
2010-01-22, 08:19 PM
Let's.

Eriam prances away from Roz before she has a chance to kill him if she heard him.

Boo
2010-01-23, 12:53 AM
Roz

Listen: [roll0]

Editing based on roll... Edited.

Roz stares at Eriam for a moment, trying to figure out what he said (nothing said about turning the head away :smalltongue:), but is interrupted by Karl, whom she has yet to know the name of. Instead of continuing on the voice, she focuses on the mission ahead. She grabs what few rations were given (in her share) and follows Eriam without a word. She was focusing again on Sel--Serena...

((OOC: Personal knowledge rolls will be done on invisible castle or something since I can't be bothered. =p))

Saintjebus
2010-01-23, 03:26 PM
You all finish your preparations and set out upon the road. You march all day. You run into a patrol heading the opposite direction(they ignore you). The rest of the day is without incident. As you set up camp for the night, you all review Malk's instructions: Go east for a day, then go south or north for a day, and then back east toward the horse tribes' territories.

OOC: I need marching order, and watch schedules. I will assume that these will stay the same unless otherwise stated.

BruteSquad01
2010-01-23, 05:15 PM
As the group walked along the road, they were quiet. After several minutes of enjoying the morning sun, Karl spoke up.

It occurs to me that we are all not fully acquainted. It would behoove us to be familiar with each other and our respective skills, before we get into a tight spot where we'll have to rely on each other. I know some of your names, but not all, and I doubt anyone knows mine, since I've not given it. Then again, nobody has asked for it yet. Karl pauses briefly, not waiting long for signs of agreement or dissent.

My name is Karl, Karl Kenway. I am a priest of The Lightbringer, and so many refer to us as lightbringers as well. The Lightbringer has seen fit to bless me with power against the undead, and to heal wounds and cast other minor miracles in His Service. I can fend for myself in the wilderness as well, so if at least one other of you knows how to find food in the wild, we shouldn't need to worry about food or shelter.

Temotei
2010-01-23, 05:19 PM
Eriam looks on Karl while he gives his small speech, silent. He shifts slightly when Karl mentions his profession.

When finished, Eriam gets up from his sitting position into a kneel.

I'm Eriam Retral, a...mage of sorts. I specialize heavily in offensive magic and abilities.

He looks down at the ground for a moment, then looks up again while sitting down.

Boo
2010-01-23, 06:14 PM
She waits patiently for the two of them to finish speaking. Roz then takes her handaxe and begins hitting a smaller tree for a fire. She cuts at a downward angle to ensure it falls away from the camp and into the surrounding forest. As she wedges at the future firewood she introduces herself for the fourth time. "I'm Roz." WHACK! "I like..." WHACK! "to explore..." WHACK! "the world..." WHACK! "to learn..." WHACK! "Interesting..." WHACK! "things...!" WHACK! The tree falls with her last strike, hidden strength behind it's blow. "Now" she huffs, "who wants to help this student of the world cut up this tree?" She slices at the wood to create knots in equal proportion along the tree's length.

She'll wait until everyone has introduced themselves before continuing to log.

Temotei
2010-01-23, 11:10 PM
I think I'll help, if only for a reason to wield an axe around you.

Eriam smiles broadly as he says this, clearly showing his sarcasm.

Dogmantra
2010-01-24, 04:05 PM
"The name's Karthik. Joe Karthik. You can call me just Joe, though. I can hit things, and that's just about it. I hit them pretty hard, though, so it's all okay. I, uh, I hit them with my fists, so I don't have any weapons to help cut that tree. Sorry, Roz. That is your name, right?"

MOLOKH
2010-01-24, 07:52 PM
"Well, I'm Kreslin for those who don't know it yet, a-a-a-and I guess I can do a little bit of everything. I had a lot of personal tutors back home and I've picked up many interesting bits of information and stories since I started travelling alone. I can even do some magic tricks. I can also hold a sword, but I'm not really much into fighting and killing. I'd prefer if we could find some civilized way to deal with those horse-guys. And, not that I brag or anything... well I guess I do, but anyway, I can play the mandoline quite well. The people in father's court also used to say that I had a superb singing voice. I'm quite fond of it myself."
His words are accompanied with many theatrical gestures and lots of hand waving. He doesn't seem to be able to really focus himslef on the road ahead or on anything in particular actually.

Dimples
2010-01-24, 08:37 PM
"Hi im serena" She says happily with a smile spread over her face. "Im good at talking to people, i can see things from afar pretty well, im really good at listening. I can do some magic tricks, and i can stab things." she giggles. "And this is timmy and snuff" the monkey climbs onto her shoulder and the dog barks quietly.

Temotei
2010-01-24, 08:40 PM
Eriam stops for a moment.

Snuff?

He crinkles his nose a bit as he says this, but he does manage to stifle a laugh.

Jokes
2010-01-26, 07:59 PM
Init sits at the fire and regales once again his story to the group, in case anyone hadn't heard it yet. As soon as he finished, he lies down and trances for the night.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saintjebus
2010-01-27, 01:06 AM
Everybody who was on watch experiences roughly the same thing- a feeling that something isn't quite right.

Those with at least one rank in Knowledge:Nature realize:

Night animals aren't making enough noise. It's too quiet.

Those with at least a +5 listen :

During the night, you hear quiet sounds which almost sound like somebody trying to sneak. You don't see anything, but you hear a snap here, and rustle from over there. Not anything spectacular, but you do hear something.

As dawn breaks, however, the night has passed without incident.

Temotei
2010-01-27, 01:14 AM
Eriam wakes up from his slumber with a log on his stomach.

...err...eh.

As he tries to get up, struggling with the weight in his half-sleep state, he rolls over on the moist grass and his face is soaked in the morning dew.

Puh-puh-blech...

Feeling a little bit stronger, he heaves the log away and stands up to survey the area around him.

Bad feelings are one thing, but this is something new. He draws his little kukri from his side, flipping it over nervously in his hand.

Boo
2010-01-27, 06:04 AM
Roz

At the sound of Eriam's unsheathing Roz awakens quite suddenly. "Wha!" She gasps as her eyes open to focus. Seeing Eriam's stance, she follows suite, picking up her axe from beside her. "Did you see something?" She asks, hurridly stepping to his side. "If you're crying wolf I'll find a better use for my axe than chopping just wood."

Jokes
2010-01-27, 08:58 AM
Init trances peacefully. If he heard anything out of the ordinary, it wasn't really out of the ordinary to him. Being the first time he's really been out in the wilds, he doesn't attribute any odd noises to anything strange. He rises early, deciding to study his spellbook before the rest of the group awake.

[Trading Mage Armour for Burning Hands]

Init watches as Eriam and Roz awake, confused by them being so startled. He looks around worriedly but fails to see anything.

Temotei
2010-01-27, 04:45 PM
I did not. Honestly, it could be a false alarm...but I feel something. In the air. Do you not feel it too?

BruteSquad01
2010-01-27, 05:02 PM
Karl paces quietly during his watch, uneasy. He has no trouble staying alert, and any noise puts him on edge, ready to shout a warning. He almost does, more than once, but no threat materializes. When the sun finally begins to rise, Karl says his prayers with a little more enthusiasm than usual, before rousing his companions for the day.

The night has passed and we are safe. The Lightbringer sends the sun to us again. Let us wake, and resume our journey.

Boo
2010-01-29, 07:43 AM
Roz

"I guess..." But rather than act on that, she packs her things. "Let's head out. If we worry about a phantom and stay still then they have all the more chance to hit us. If we move then they have less. Unless all of you would feel safer if we scouted the area quickly?"

Dogmantra
2010-01-29, 01:18 PM
Joe looks at Roz, and says that he would much rather have someone take a quick look around, just to make sure that there's definitely nothing there.

Temotei
2010-01-29, 04:36 PM
Eriam keeps his kukri drawn.

Anyone feel like accompanying me to check?

Boo
2010-01-29, 07:45 PM
Roz pushes him forward. "Come on, let's go." she says, accepting the position. "We'll be back in maybe a minute. Eriam can't last much longer than that, surely." Hur hur hur.

While in the forest Roz's main concern is traps. Hunters have killed people by mistake and sometimes not. She doesn't much like going off the trail for any reason, but if it can't be helped... she'll be sneaking nearby Eriam. Eventually she'll break off from his side and encircle the campsite.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Search: [roll2] (for traps)

Hide: [roll3]
Move Silently: [roll4]

At least we'll know if there are traps. :smallsmile:

Temotei
2010-01-29, 07:55 PM
Eriam walks behind the bushes, also trying to be at least a little sneaky. Instead of searching the ground like Roz, though, he scans the area in front of them.

Hide:[roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Saintjebus
2010-01-29, 08:10 PM
@ Roz

The branches seem to be hating on you. They slap you in the face several times, causing your eyes to tear up. You can't see much. You manage to get your eyes clear, but no traps reveal themselves.

(That's all fluff: You don't find any traps.)

@ Eriam

You still get the feeling that someone is watching you, but every time you turn your head, it seems that something is just slightly out of your sight. Roz crashing around in the bushes isn't helping you concentrate on finding things, either. You do find a scrap of cloth stuck to a bush. It's quite worn and threadbare.

(You can give me a knowledge nature or an Int check to find anything else out about the cloth if you want.)

Temotei
2010-01-29, 08:48 PM
Intelligence check: [roll0]

Hm.

Roz (and DM, obviously): Eriam studies a piece of cloth he found on the bush intently, wracking his brain for some sort of answer to the weird feelings in his gut.

Saintjebus
2010-01-29, 08:56 PM
@ Eriam

The cloth hasn't been out too long. It still stinks. The last rain was two weeks ago, so it had to have been left at sometime since then

Temotei
2010-01-29, 09:31 PM
...let's go.

Eriam nervously pockets the piece of cloth, then moves back toward the group so that they may leave.

Boo
2010-01-30, 10:06 AM
@DM:The fluff seems kinda... screwed up, doesn't it? A fourteen is half-way decent for sneaking (not good, but not nearly as bad as you're making it out to be) and yet you're making my character look retarded just because of a bad spot check. Then somehow Eriam hears me? His listen check is less than my move silently check.

Sorry, just... rolls and fluff don't match in my opinion. Really annoying when it makes a character (especially my character, sorry to be selfish) look like an idiot.

Roz moves away from the forest. After punching Eriam in the arm, she asks "Find anything?"

Saintjebus
2010-01-30, 10:28 AM
@ Roz

I understand. I apologize. I do see what you mean, and I quite honestly wasn't really looking at the differences between your rolls and his. I'll change the fluff here.

DM retcon and edit. For Roz and Eriam.

This is to correct some discrepancies that were discovered to have been made by me, the DM.
Fluff begins:

@ Roz

You don't find any sign of traps. While you are moving through the forest, a couple of branches catch on your clothing, requiring you to pause and disentangle them. Fortunately, you are able to do this with a minimum of fuss.

(Reasoning: You didn't find any traps, but the branches distracted you enough to make a little bit of noise, and caused you to miss seeing anything else.)

@ Eriam

You are amazed at how silent Roz is. You can't hear her at all. You do catch a glimpse of her getting caught by some branches, but you don't hear a sound.

(I neglected to notice the difference between her move silently and your listen, and between her hide and your spot. This retconn takes the place of Roz crashing around in the bushes. You still find the cloth.)

Temotei
2010-02-02, 09:23 PM
Eriam does the same. Wracking his brain, etc.

Temotei
2010-02-11, 12:43 AM
So...should we turn toward the settlement or keep going? Perhaps a different direction altogether would be interesting.

BruteSquad01
2010-02-11, 02:55 AM
Karl looks up as Eriam arrives back in the camp.

Didn't find anything, then? Ah, well. I imagine we should start to circle around the city then. Do we head north or south from here? Is anyone familiar with this area at all?

Temotei
2010-02-11, 04:50 PM
All we found was this piece of cloth, but otherwise, nothing. It's got that "stank..." I suggest we move somewhere else soon though, either way.

OoC: Sweet. Post #151. That's my go-kart number. :smallamused:

Jokes
2010-02-15, 09:39 PM
Not knowing a thing about the area, Init stays silent while the others deliberate which way to go.

BruteSquad01
2010-02-15, 10:23 PM
No one? Very well. I don't see any difference between the two, so let's head north and circle around. Are we ready to depart?

Temotei
2010-02-16, 05:23 AM
Indeed. I am.

Eriam follows Karl North.

Temotei
2010-03-07, 01:54 PM
Eriam suddenly runs backward, shooting out a black and purple beam as he moves.

Fell Drain Ranged Touch Attack: [roll0]
Fell Drain Strength Damage: [roll1]