PDA

View Full Version : 2E -> 3.5E character conversions

ken-do-nim
2010-01-07, 12:50 PM
I'm having a little trouble with converting fighter/cleric/magic-users to 3.5. Cleric/Magic-users become mystic theurges, but any ideas on how to make a viable character that fights well and uses arcane and divine magic? Bard, I guess, but it has totally different flavor and a whole suite of abilities that don't match.

Kylarra
2010-01-07, 12:53 PM
Maybe straight cleric with the magic or spell domains?

dsmiles
2010-01-07, 12:57 PM
Maybe an Eldritch Knight/Mystic Theurge combo of some sort?

mcl01
2010-01-07, 01:08 PM
Cleric/Wizard/Mystic Theurge. Cast Divine Power/Righteous Might.

Eldariel
2010-01-07, 01:12 PM
As above, drawing upon Cleric's improved combat capabilities to cover the Fighter-part by just being a particularly militant Cleric is a good idea. And a Cleric with spontaneous Spell-domain really has a great access to Wizard-stuff (maybe take Magic-domain too to use Wizard-items).

Alternatively, you could try a Fochlucan Lyrist [CAdv]. Better have Fractional BABs for that tho. And it's designed for Druid/Bard/Rogue. But with some work, you could bend it into Cleric/Wizard/Fighter (it has full BAB).

jmbrown
2010-01-07, 01:15 PM
It's nearly impossible to transfer multiclassed characters from 2E to 3E. The closest combination is probably a gestalt cleric/wizard.

Pluto
2010-01-07, 01:17 PM
As a general rule, Cleric and Rogue can cover any archetype.

I'd support Kylarra's suggestion.

In this case, I'd also recommend putting your first level into Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, Paladin or Ranger (which depends on the character) for the proficiencies and basic combat abilities for low-level play.