AkazilliaDeNaro
2010-01-07, 04:29 PM
yeah i want to be a vampire
and i know about the vampire class in the libris mortis/heroes of horror
but my friends characters would kill on sight:smalleek:
um any ideas:smallfrown:

Glimbur
2010-01-07, 04:38 PM
Don't let them know you are a vampire? Racial bonus to bluff should help here.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2010-01-07, 04:43 PM
Any ideas.... Don't be a vampire. If you can't work it out with your group, you can't do it.

Bluff was not geared to work between players, so it won't help you. At all. Maybe some mind control, but that's about it. The second you tell them you're not a vampire they're going to ask about your glowing red eyes, and all the bluff checks in the world won't help you.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2010-01-07, 04:45 PM
my DM doesnt use gather info, diplomasy, or bluff.
he prefers the talking method
and the players are
#1 he likes to role play to a certain extent
#2 i win type just cares about wining no role playing
#3 extreme follower if asked what he will do he just wimphers

forgive my spelling
and those my be exaggerated a bit

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2010-01-07, 04:48 PM
my DM doesnt use gather info, diplomasy, or bluff.
he prefers the talking method
and the players are
#1 he likes to role play to a certain extent
#2 i win type just cares about wining no role playing
#3 extreme follower if asked what he will do he just wimphers

forgive my spelling
and those my be exaggerated a bit

Then you need to work it out with the other players and your dm, end of story. If they won't go along with it you'll just be rolling up a new character.
And if you're going to be a vampire just make sure the other players aren't the cleric, or you'll become a patsy.

Window459
2010-01-07, 07:21 PM
Play a half vampire i think its in libra mortis i believe, its a +2 la, you get one vampire like ability, so its like being a vampire but not really, my buddly played one and it was pretty cool, albeit i kept making bat jokes but still itd be worth checking out

EagleWiz
2010-01-07, 11:18 PM
Research Lichdom.
If not a wizard/sorcerer, you need to either find a vampire, use some spells/magic that i know nothing about or have access to Epic Spellcasting.

Assumming that you dont have access to Epic Cheesecasting Spellcasting, remember that a Vampire is under the controll of the vampire who created him/her. If you can trick a vampire into turning you into one and have it planned out so that your chumps kill the vampire after it turns you that gets you past the first problem.
The 2nt problem is that your adventuring party would kill you. There are a few solutions. I would reccomend illusion magic, although you COULD try to kill all your friends.

Darius Rae
2010-01-08, 12:12 AM
Prestidigitation? It doesn't last very long tho. A hat of disguise could help too.

You could be necropolitan... I am about to start a campaign where my bard is a necropolitan with a lot of ranks in bluff. He also has sunglasses to cover his eyes. :smallcool: Is there a cleric in your party, or anyone with knowledge(religion)? If not, then they just think you look strange. my plan is to hope that the cleric fails his check and then use bluff to either say, "No, I am living. See? I just ate food! Also, I don't smell bad" (this character acts like he is some sort of nobility that just never got any sun...) If the cleric fails his check, well then the party is none the wiser.

To keep the charade going you just have to avoid running water, mirrors, holy symbols, holy water, good/neutral clerics, paladins, and any local clergy.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-08, 12:33 AM
"I am not a vampire. I will vampirize all those who say otherwise!"

Boci
2010-01-08, 01:03 AM
Depending on the starting level, hat of disguise? OR maybe the changeling race.

Ultimatly what do you mean by vampire? In fantasy literature I have seen that word aplied to a wide range of creatures. Do you have to be undead? Do you want to be graceful and dextrous or strong and fierce? How important is energy drain to you, or an ability to drain blood in a way thats meaningful in combat?