PDA

View Full Version : quick gestalt help

gallagher
2010-01-07, 05:51 PM
ok so for my gestalt game, its all evil, i decided on paladin of tyranny8/monk8

i have to run to class, but here is the build (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=177764)

any and all help, tips, and advice are welcome. please dont question the classes though, they are set in my heart. i like the idea. i am playing a grappler mainly.

also, please check that my attributes are right on. the abilities were rolled 5d6b3. i dont know if i did all the monks belt stuff right.
also what is the feat that allows me to add wisdom instead of cha to my saves as a paladin?

Tavar
2010-01-07, 06:01 PM
What sources?
Why those classes? I understand Paladin is a bit harder to represent with other classes(though Favored Soul/Cleric can work), but what makes the monk so vital?

gallagher
2010-01-07, 06:21 PM
What sources?
Why those classes? I understand Paladin is a bit harder to represent with other classes(though Favored Soul/Cleric can work), but what makes the monk so vital? it is mainly flavor and the look of it, but also because I have never played one before and wanted to try. Also, btw, anyone know of any feats that will abuse my jump check ? Potentially a way to tackle and start a grapple?
And we started with 35000 gold

Tavar
2010-01-07, 11:43 PM
If you really want to be a grappler, you need ways to increase size, and really, monk doesn't give you anything really vital to a grappler build beyond Improved Grapple as a bonus feat. Not that great.

And if you are a grappler, why are you using a Halberd?

Can you tell us what sources you have access to?

FMArthur
2010-01-07, 11:56 PM
I am confident that Crusader//Swordsage could represent your idea exactly as well as Paladin//Monk and be flat-out superior in combat, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Anyway, your base save bonus and base attack bonus are way off for an 8th level character. Your base save bonus is listed as 0 for all saves and should be 6. You Base Attack Bonus is listed as 11/6, and should be 8/3. It almost looks to me like you were looking at 11th level on the class charts, and put the base save as a "misc" bonus by mistake...:smallconfused: