PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the PbP boards

Cute_Riolu
2010-01-08, 04:50 PM
My first game there starts soon, and I've a question.

Is there any method, other than PMs, with which to correspond privately with a person or multiple people?

Thanks for any and all responses!

Roland St. Jude
2010-01-08, 04:59 PM
Email, phone, chat, etc., if the other person gives you the requisite information. Telepathy, if you have it. But communications integrated into the board? I think PMs are it.

EDIT: I suppose some people use spoiler boxes aimed at specific people, but then you're pretty much on the honors system in terms of whether other people view it.

Ikialev
2010-01-09, 10:31 AM
Instant messengers, perhaps? Some people have their usernames/numbers in profile.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-09, 11:09 AM
Is there a particular reason you don't want to use PMs?

Bayar
2010-01-09, 11:57 AM
Is there a particular reason you don't want to use PMs?

Probably a full inbox. Although that is easy to fix.

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-09, 04:27 PM
Probably a full inbox. Although that is easy to fix.Could also be the limit on how many people you can PM at once. If you have multiple things running, that could be problematic.

TRM
2010-01-09, 06:23 PM
To cure a full inbox, you can download messages in text format to your computer hardrive so that you can delete them from the forum.

If the issue is needing to contact multiple people at once with one message, I think email would be the nicest.

If it's little things like "make a save," that you want to keep secret from some of the players, spoilers work well if you trust them. Just label the spoiler and make sure everyone knows not to open spoilers not intended for them.