PDA

View Full Version : {Eberron 3.X} Warforged Barbarian Build

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 04:57 PM
Yeah. DM said, "All eberron, but warforged is the only race I'll allow."

So my plan is to abuse warforged's immunities and make my rage kill almost anything real fast.

any thoughts?

and DM said no Frenzied Berserker

jiriku
2010-01-08, 05:02 PM
You can't go wrong with that. How about barbarian/fist of the forest/bear warrior/warshaper? Transformers! More, much more, than meets the eye!

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 05:15 PM
I think the transformer idea is a little weird to say the least.

I thought that I could use a Pounching Charger build with Warforged (Using Adamantine Body + Barbarian Speed Boost + Pounce)

Optimystik
2010-01-08, 05:16 PM
Fist of the Forest might not be a good idea, because Warforged can't get Con to AC (due to being armored.) Bear Warrior's bonuses might be useful however.

Mephisoth
2010-01-08, 06:15 PM
This seems like the perfect opportunity if your DM allows incarnum to try a totemist/barbarian/totem rager. With pounce, girallon arms, jaws of death, and the warforged slam attack, plus all the benefits you'll get to your damage while raging through totem rager, it's a very potent, heavy-hitting combination.

Eldariel
2010-01-08, 06:20 PM
*shrug* Barbarian/Fist of the Forests/Runescarred Berserker would be very respectable, for example. On level 1, Barbarian nicely gets you the whole Whirling Frenzy/Pounce-set picking Extra Rage if flaws are allowed, and Improved Trip on level 2 (as an option).

Then maybe few levels of Ranger or Fighter or [Chaos] Monk (to get a bunch of bonus feats), enter Fist of the Forests and then straight into Runescarred Berserker. High Str, high Con, some Dex & Wis seems like what the doctor ordered. Really simple, really. And highly efficient.

AslanCross
2010-01-08, 06:43 PM
The fun part about an all-warforged party is that you never need to sleep. It'd be cool if you have a warlock or cleric instead, because they don't need to rest. (Warlocks never run out, of course, while the cleric only needs to pray for an hour.)

I'd go with Eldariel's suggestion too. Keep in mind, though, that there's a very clear difference between the warforged's slam and unarmed strike, for some reason. You can't flurry with the slam (if you put in Monk), but you get a x1.5 strength bonus for it since it's your only natural weapon.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 06:54 PM
This seems like the perfect opportunity if your DM allows incarnum to try a totemist/barbarian/totem rager. With pounce, girallon arms, jaws of death, and the warforged slam attack, plus all the benefits you'll get to your damage while raging through totem rager, it's a very potent, heavy-hitting combination.

Sounds deadly

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 06:57 PM
The fun part about an all-warforged party is that you never need to sleep. It'd be cool if you have a warlock or cleric instead, because they don't need to rest. (Warlocks never run out, of course, while the cleric only needs to pray for an hour.)

I'd go with Eldariel's suggestion too. Keep in mind, though, that there's a very clear difference between the warforged's slam and unarmed strike, for some reason. You can't flurry with the slam (if you put in Monk), but you get a x1.5 strength bonus for it since it's your only natural weapon.

To correct: I am the only warforged in the party

Mephisoth
2010-01-08, 07:02 PM
I could try and explain in greater detail, but nothing I could type up about the totemist would be more informative than the handbook which Sinfire Titan put together at http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2943.0, so if you're interested it may be worth taking a peek.

AslanCross
2010-01-08, 07:03 PM
To correct: I am the only warforged in the party

Oh, misread your OP. I thought you meant you're playing Eberron, but the DM wanted everyone to play a warforged.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 08:12 PM
its okay. I also thought that Warforged juggernaut would help

deuxhero
2010-01-08, 08:17 PM
Take the frostrager prc (It's Cold Outside), then take the flaming breserker feat (It's hot outside) and if you want, bear warrior. You will be a frozen robot bear on fire!

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 08:40 PM
Take the frostrager prc (It's Cold Outside), then take the flaming breserker feat (It's hot outside) and if you want, bear warrior. You will be a frozen robot bear on fire!

Thats a little redundant....

I like the Frozen Flaming berserker combo however

Critical
2010-01-08, 08:50 PM
If you really need a barbarian, then make an ubercharger as everyone suggested(are there really any options?)

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 09:03 PM
If you really need a barbarian, then make an ubercharger as everyone suggested(are there really any options?)

I'm looking for a combo that makes an "Unstoppable" warforged. (I know Warforged isn't unstoppable, but I want the next best thing)

deuxhero
2010-01-08, 09:14 PM
See if you can get the DM to allow the Goliath rage variant (increased size when raging)

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 09:16 PM
See if you can get the DM to allow the Goliath rage variant (increased size when raging)

he said only variants from UA, Complete, Eberron, and Dragon Magic

The Glyphstone
2010-01-08, 09:23 PM
Just curious, AG32, but how long do your campaigns typically last, and/or how many are you playing in? You seem to have to make new characters very frequently, each with different parameters on what's allowed

Optimystik
2010-01-08, 10:16 PM
It'd be cool if you have a warlock or cleric instead, because they don't need to rest. (Warlocks never run out, of course, while the cleric only needs to pray for an hour.)

Though it no longer applies to AG's request... given the Warforged stat penalties, Archivist would be a much better fit. The Warforged immunities would help them a great deal as well.

Just curious, AG32, but how long do your campaigns typically last, and/or how many are you playing in? You seem to have to make new characters very frequently, each with different parameters on what's allowed

Given that they tend to degenerate into apocalyptic lvl 100 Ulitharid vs. Demilich duels, I'd say turnover is quite high :smallwink:

Kylarra
2010-01-08, 11:04 PM
My personal guess is that there's a lot of theorycrafting going on and then they switch campaign ideas before they actually get started.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-08, 11:59 PM
My personal guess is that there's a lot of theorycrafting going on and then they switch campaign ideas before they actually get started.

You hit the nail on the head

Soranar
2010-01-09, 12:05 AM
Race: warforged
Alignment: any chaotic

Flaws , I recommend you take them, to get a DM to approve them though , you need to actually get something bad

recommendations: frail (barb hp + DR, you can take it), inattentive (let the rogue spot people, you're a transformer you never notice anything), unreactive (you can take your sweet time to hit people hard)

STATS

STR 18
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 14
WIS 6
CHA 6

point of this build: get jaws of death to have 3 natural attacks (2 fists +1 bite), use multiattack/improved multiattack to get 3 natural attacks at full BAB

city brawler barbs get to use TWF feats for FREE and without dex requirements, use the tracery feats to overcome DR (eventually just enchant your fists/jaw, you can always take kensai levels) and bloodclaw master to get your full STR on every attack you make (even the secondary ones)

adamantine body is useful since you only lose fast movement but you can always take mithral

here's a rough example

1 Barbarian (city brawler variant) adamantine body, jaws of death, multiattack, improved multiattack TWF
2 Fighter heavy armor proficiency , weapon focus unarmed strike
3 Barbarian martial study
4 Barbarian
5 Barbarian
6 Barbarian ITWF martial maneuver
7 Barbarian
8 Barbarian
9 Barbarian cold iron tracery
10 Barbarian
11 Barbarian
12 Barbarian GTWF silver tracery
13 Bloodclaw master
14 Bloodclaw master
15 Bloodclaw master
16 Bloodclaw master
17 Bloodclaw master

Kylarra
2010-01-09, 02:30 AM
You hit the nail on the head
It's nice to be right once in a while, but I do suggest you actually play the game rather than just theorycrafting sometime. :smalltongue:

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-09, 12:29 PM
It's nice to be right once in a while, but I do suggest you actually play the game rather than just theorycrafting sometime. :smalltongue:

When my DM gets his head outta his ......bunghole...... then I can play.

I also considered Crusader-Build. He'd be a Crusader of the Lord of Blades

Grumman
2010-01-09, 12:50 PM
What level are you starting at? If you've got 10,000 gp to spare you can get yourself an awesome set of caterpillar tracks, courtesy of the Rollers maug graft.

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-09, 02:13 PM
What level are you starting at? If you've got 10,000 gp to spare you can get yourself an awesome set of caterpillar tracks, courtesy of the Rollers maug graft.

starts lv1