PDA

View Full Version : Feather Fall

Temotei
2010-01-09, 01:24 AM
I need a list of items that either cast feather fall or have them permanently, and the sources of them. Costs would be nice too, but unnecessary if you give the source.

Thanks. :smallsmile:

List so far:
Ring of feather falling (constant) -- 2,200 gp -- SRD
Safewing emblem (one use) -- 250 gp -- MIC
Life ring (one use; grab on within 8 rounds or useless; 4 people) -- 400 gp -- EEH
Ring of four winds (4/day) -- 2,000 gp -- MIC
Phoenix Helm (1/day) -- 6,500 gp -- MIC
Angel Persona Mask (at will) -- Master of masks 1 -- ?
Shape Soulmeld: Pegasus Cloak (constant) -- Totemist soulmeld -- MoI

Tyndmyr
2010-01-09, 01:33 AM
You can pick up single use feather falling items in MiC dirt cheap. A necklace, I believe.

Also, technically, anything that grants fly applies a feather-fall like effect when it ends. One that lasts indefinitely until you hit ground, so it's technically better in extreme circumstances.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 01:55 AM
You can pick up single use feather falling items in MiC dirt cheap. A necklace, I believe.

Also, technically, anything that grants fly applies a feather-fall like effect when it ends. One that lasts indefinitely until you hit ground, so it's technically better in extreme circumstances.

Technically, they do. I would prefer actual feather fall, though, for cheapness. Safewing emblem has been added to the list.

Alleine
2010-01-09, 03:33 AM
Life Rings from Eberron's Explorer's Handbook.
400 gp, featherfall effect for up to 4 people who grab onto it during the 8 rounds following its activation. You have to hold it all the way down to the bottom though.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 03:35 AM
Added to the list. I don't have that book though, so I might have gotten it wrong on the details.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions.

Alleine
2010-01-09, 03:47 AM
Yeah, its worded kind of odd, but its a one time use. You have 8 rounds to grab on, if you grab on afterward you don't get the effect. Everyone who grabs on during the 8 rounds and holds on gets a safe ride all the way down. the big benefit is that 4 people can use it at the same time.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 03:52 AM
Yeah, its worded kind of odd, but its a one time use. You have 8 rounds to grab on, if you grab on afterward you don't get the effect. Everyone who grabs on during the 8 rounds and holds on gets a safe ride all the way down. the big benefit is that 4 people can use it at the same time.

That's a weird item. :smallamused:

Ravens_cry
2010-01-09, 04:47 AM
Considering that magic steps on, kicks, pisses on, shoots in the face, lights on fire, then kicks their little dogs too, the laws of physics, counting a certain item as 'weird' is a bit weird in itself. :smallbiggrin:

TheOOB
2010-01-09, 04:53 AM
I gave my party a necklace that had feather fall on it once, they were not happy when they found it it didn't confer that effect on the wearer...

Bayar
2010-01-09, 05:12 AM
That's a weird item. :smallamused:

Considering it is basically a magic item designed as a Life-Buoy (those floating rings that save people who went overboard) for flying airships, it is not weird in the least.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 05:49 AM
Considering it is basically a magic item designed as a Life-Buoy (those floating rings that save people who went overboard) for flying airships, it is not weird in the least.

It's useless after eight rounds though...and yes, I'm aware that magic does mess with reality and fantasy alike. :smallsigh:

Again, I don't have the book, so details and fluff are lost to me. :smallsmile:

Any more items would help.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-09, 06:36 AM
It's useless after eight rounds though...and yes, I'm aware that magic does mess with reality and fantasy alike. :smallsigh:

Again, I don't have the book, so details and fluff are lost to me. :smallsmile:

Any more items would help.

I think they meant you activate it, max of 3 others have 8 rounds to grab on, then it feather falls you all all the way down.

Not it Feather Falls you all for 8 rounds then drops your ass.

Temotei
2010-01-09, 06:40 AM
I think they meant you activate it, max of 3 others have 8 rounds to grab on, then it feather falls you all all the way down.

Not it Feather Falls you all for 8 rounds then drops your ass.

Ah. I thought he meant that it gives you eight rounds to grab on, and if you don't, it just drops until you're near the ground, when it falls like a feather. Which, admittedly, is kind of weird. My mind is probably not working right. Then again...:smallannoyed: I'm thinking over this too much.

Any item suggestions?

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-09, 04:05 PM
I gave my party a necklace that had feather fall on it once, they were not happy when they found it it didn't confer that effect on the wearer...How does it not? If the character is wearing the necklace, and it slows down when falling but the character doesn't, my instinctive reaction would be to grab the necklace. Yeah, it may not cast Feather Fall on me, but as long as I hold on, we're both hitting the ground at the same speed.

ericgrau
2010-01-09, 05:15 PM
The necklace must have an insufficient strength score to carry the wearer :smalltongue:. Though I'm not a fan of doing such things to PCs.

Emmerask
2010-01-09, 05:20 PM
How does it not? If the character is wearing the necklace, and it slows down when falling but the character doesn't, my instinctive reaction would be to grab the necklace. Yeah, it may not cast Feather Fall on me, but as long as I hold on, we're both hitting the ground at the same speed.

I think more along the lines of someone was wearing it while falling and was in for a nasty suprise (ie strangling himself)

Faleldir
2010-01-09, 05:21 PM
Silverbrow Humans can cast it 1/day.

deuxhero
2010-01-09, 05:23 PM
Monk 20: Requires wall :)

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-09, 05:25 PM
Monk 20: Requires wall :)

Sorry, never heard of it. Where are they from? :smalltongue:

Temotei
2010-01-09, 05:31 PM
Sorry, never heard of it. Where are they from? :smalltongue:

I don't know where they're from, but I do know where they end up.

The ground...in multiple pieces, because they couldn't find a wall.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-10, 01:40 AM
Shape Soulmeld: Pegasus Cloak or Airstep Sandals.

Samb
2010-01-10, 08:19 AM
The persona mask of angel gives you feather fall at will and fly 1/day. Does require a dip into master of masks though.

onthetown
2010-01-10, 09:57 AM
In the Magic Item Compendium, there's a table close to the back (right before it organizes items by body slot) that gives you the costs and requirements for enchanting items. I haven't looked at it in awhile, so my memory might be fuzzy, but it might include more than just AC and stat bonuses.

Safewing is the only one I can remember. My Ranger/Wizard has one on her at all times.

CockroachTeaParty
2010-01-10, 12:48 PM
In Sharn: City of Towers, there's an item called a Feather Fall Talisman that does the same thing as the Safewing Emblem, but it only costs 50 gp.

Draz74
2010-01-10, 01:42 PM
MIC also offers the Phoenix Helm (p. 118), which offers 1/day Feather fall along with other things.

YugiSyta
2014-01-10, 02:39 PM
If you're a level 3 Dragon Shaman with the Silver totem dragon, you get to feather fall as a spell like ability at will, but you can only cast it on yourself.

Lord Vukodlak
2014-01-10, 02:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4Zeah.jpg
Seriously folks when you find something through a search engine you need to check the dates.