PDA

View Full Version : Vampire: Bloodlines patches

Jeivar
2010-01-09, 09:17 AM
I've been thinking of digging this old semi-classic out of my closet and taking another stroll through the dark and miserable unlife of a WoD vampire. But between the semi-official patch, and the slew of fan-made ones, as well as mods, I'm wondering which one's the best pick.

I'm not looking for any drastic changes or new quests of whatever. Just bug fixes, restored content, and maybe some little changes to item pickups and whatnot.
Hmm. And maybe if someone's done a good job of creating new looks/costumes, that would be interesting too.

And . . . um, please note that whatever patches/mods you suggest will have to be completely foolproof to install, because I totally suck with computers. :smallredface:

Thanks.

Sneak
2010-01-09, 11:14 AM
Here. (http://www.planetvampire.com/bloodlines/files/patches/)

That site also has skins and mods. Some of the skins are quite good.

Also, there's another patch called the 5.04 True Patch that you can download. Its supposed argue that it leaves the game as the developers intended while the other unofficial patches do not. If you get this patch, you should note that you have to get the official 1.2 patch also, beforehand.

Now, I can't really tell you which patch to get or what they're like, because as a Mac user, I was only able to get Vampire on Cider and couldn't open any of the patch .exe files. So...good luck. :)

Dixieboy
2010-01-10, 01:46 PM
The "non-true" patch moves a lot of stuff around, renames some things, and changes some stats.

Some in the name of balance, an irrelevant concept in a completely single player game; Some just for the heck of it; and finally some because of requests.

Though if you do get the patches beware that sometimes it screws something up and you have to reinstall, at least that has happened to me

Selrahc
2010-01-10, 01:59 PM
Some in the name of balance, an irrelevant concept in a completely single player game; Some just for the heck of it; and finally some because of requests.

Even in a single player game its probably better not to have gamebreakingly good weapons available easily.

Dixieboy
2010-01-10, 02:26 PM
Even in a single player game its probably better not to have gamebreakingly good weapons available easily.

The weapons available at Mercurio are as powerful as ever.

Still, the removal of certain weapons is not what I am referring to.