PDA

View Full Version : Question about discussion of Girard's Gate

Dunesen
2010-01-09, 05:54 PM
OK, I've been away from the boards for a long time, so I'm banking on this idea already being brought up. Thus, I'm starting this thread in the hopes that somebody can direct to the pre-existing thread already discussing/having discussed it, rather than trying to bring up an old idea that's already been handled.

My question is, what are the odds that Girard's Gate is hidden not only by magical illusions and spells, but simple run-of-the-mill subterfuge? He's already shown that he'll use common sense schemes to throw off people (giving Soon the wrong coordinates), but what if the Gate or the entrance to the structure housing it is hidden in plain site, like it's in a cave and there's just a pile of boulders blocking it, or there's a trapdoor buried under a foot of sand in the area where the Order is right now?

In other words, what if Girard is using the simplest ideas as a first level of defense, figuring anyone who knows about the Gates will be overzealous and overlook something so simple and obvious?

Like I said, I figure somebody has already brought this up, so I'm not looking to reignite the conversation in a new thread here. I just want to know where it was already talked about. Thanks.