PDA

View Full Version : Alignment summoning question 3.5

Stormageddon
2010-01-09, 11:36 PM
As a cn character can I summon ce monsters without fear of alignment shift to evil?

noiadodh
2010-01-09, 11:39 PM
http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/resources/systems/pennpaper/dnd35/soveliorsage/spellsS.html#summon-monster-i

"When you use a summoning spell to summon an air, chaotic, earth, evil, fire, good, lawful, or water creature, it is a spell of that type."

Optimystik
2010-01-09, 11:51 PM
Note that casting evil-aligned spells is considered minor in both BoVD and FC2. By that measure, you can get away with summoning quite a few imps before you stop being Good. But it depends on your DM, really.

olentu
2010-01-09, 11:59 PM
I recall that the malconvoker class gives some support to alignment change as a danger of regular use of conjuration spells with the evil descriptor since one of their abilities is to avoid any danger of alignment change due to casing conjuration spells with the evil descriptor.

Optimystik
2010-01-10, 12:07 AM
I recall that the malconvoker class gives some support to alignment change as a danger of regular use of conjuration spells with the evil descriptor since one of their abilities is to avoid any danger of alignment change due to casing conjuration spells with the evil descriptor.

This is true - however, "regular use" is defined by the DM.

Note, however, that simply by becoming a Malconvoker (which is a damn good idea by itself) will grant the protection that the OP needs to summon fiends with impunity.

Mando Knight
2010-01-10, 12:10 AM
Just remember to summon a couple Celestial Bears or something every once in a while to counteract the evil-ness of your summoning Fiendish Octopi. :smalltongue: