PDA

View Full Version : Astral Seal / Recovery Strike Question

AFS
2010-01-10, 02:38 PM
4e

First question: Which do you prefer and why?

Second Question:
The next ally who hits the target before the end of your next turn regains
hit points equal bla bla bla..

Do you count as your own ally?

Optimystik
2010-01-10, 04:39 PM
Question 1: I prefer Astral Seal, simply because I'm not a fan of melee.

For question 2:

When a power’s target entry specifies that it affects you and one or more of your allies, then you can take advantage of the power’s effect along with your teammates. Otherwise, “ally” or “allies” does not include you, and both terms assume willing targets. “Enemy” or “enemies” means a creature or creatures that aren’t your allies (whether those creatures are hostile toward you or not). “Creature” or “creatures” means allies and enemies both, as well as you.

A power has to say "You or one ally," "one creature" or something similar for both you and a friend to be able to be targeted/effected by it.

AFS
2010-01-10, 04:59 PM
Seems like such a waste if you are fighting by yourself.

The_Pyre
2010-01-10, 06:07 PM
Because the cleric isn't supposed to be fighting by himself? :smallwink:

AFS
2010-01-10, 06:22 PM
He/She is if they are the only person left alive.
;)

Theodoric
2010-01-10, 06:55 PM
He/She is if they are the only person left alive.
;)
Remember, this is a cleric we're talking about. A cleric's entire thing is to keep its party members alive. :smallconfused:

AFS
2010-01-10, 07:09 PM
Remember, this is a cleric we're talking about. A cleric's entire thing is to keep its party members alive. :smallconfused:

My example was the cleric was the only one left alive. At which case it looks like they failed.

lol

The abilities are still based around the fact they NEED an ally. Without an ally there is no point in the abilities.

Thanks for the input.

Optimystik
2010-01-10, 07:28 PM
If you think you're going to be alone... why play a leader class? :smallconfused:

Sir Homeslice
2010-01-10, 08:40 PM
Astral Seal is far and away the superior to Recovery Strike in every way possible, assuming at-will damage isn't your concern.